Grammar police! Your clothes get LOOSE when you LOSE weight.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    what drives me insane is the way some english as from England spell. I could sit here all day corrcting their grammar, it just does my head in. Pity i don't get paid for corrrecting grammar mistakes. lol.

I am shocked by your ignorance.

I second your comment bm99. This level of verbal diarrhoea shocks me at times.

Since we are on the subject of grammer and spelling, it's "diaherria". haha This sight really needs spellcheck.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    ohhhh I thought my clothes get lost when my weight gets loose. Thanks for clearing that up. This time it will stick for sure.

"I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulatcly uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Azanmig hhu? Yaeh, and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Some people are concerned with technology, science, etc. Some people are concerned with the arrangement of letters. Go figure.

I've read this before and absolutely love it and agree with it. If only I weren't such a profectionist when it comes to spelling, I wouldn't have to correct my typing errors and my typing speed would skyrocket!!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen if you want to be kind :)

Kindness takes various forms. You can volunteer time, resources or knowledge. I find parting knowledge is more valuable than the others but that's just me. :)

Wouldn't that be "imparting" knowledge ? ;)

Lol, that works too. :P
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    too, two, to
    :laugh:
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    -pets OP- It's okay, I feel your pain. Grad student of lit currently. One day, the whole English-speaking world will learn, or so we can hope.

That is until our national language gets changed to spanish....:ohwell:
  • harley2829
    Options
    I agree 100% with were did the English speaking language derive from!!! Awsome
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    what drives me insane is the way some english as from England spell. I could sit here all day corrcting their grammar, it just does my head in. Pity i don't get paid for corrrecting grammar mistakes. lol.

I am shocked by your ignorance.

I second your comment bm99. This level of verbal diarrhoea shocks me at times.

Since we are on the subject of grammer and spelling, it's "diaherria". haha This sight really needs spellcheck.
    352gcs.jpg
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    -pets OP- It's okay, I feel your pain. Grad student of lit currently. One day, the whole English-speaking world will learn, or so we can hope.

I should have taken Spanish in high school and college instead of German. Hopefully this doesn't happen. >.<
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

I should have taken Spanish in high school and college instead of German. Hopefully this doesn't happen. >.<
    It won't. English is the international business language.
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    "I before E, except after C, or when sounding like A, as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'."

*weird* :laugh:
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    The foreign financier seized weird species at their height.