Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options
woods4722
woods4722 Posts: 22 Member
I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

Replies

2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    because i like to climb trees. tall guys just do it for it. i'm only 5'4 but 6 foot + for me.
  • Jbjessi
    Jbjessi Posts: 288
    Options
    no idea my husband is 5'7" we are the same height.. hes great
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    bump. I'd like to read this.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    It is?!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    <---short.
  • woods4722
    woods4722 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and the one guy I truly loved was 5'6"...my ex husband is 5'9" so not all women feel that way lol
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    as long as he is NOT shorter then me, I dont care :-) my SO is 2inches taller then me at 5'9"
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I prefer short men. I *uh* love being face to face :)
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I'm 5'5" - pretty much everyone is taller than me! 5'9" isn't short...whoever told you that was full of crap!

ETA: I've dated guys who were a LOT taller than me, and slightly shorter than me and exactly my height. It never changed how I felt about him. Don't let this one chick give you a complex.
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Because I am 5'7 and in 6in heels I tower over a guy under 6ft tall. All of my serious long-term relationships have been with guys 6ft+.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I think girls just like looking up at guys.
    I love tall guys.. but I'm 5'2''... so 5'5''+ is good for me. Haha.
  • anniemae225
    anniemae225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As a woman who is 5'10", I can tell you that it is hard to feel feminine when you are taller than the average male. There is something very sexy about feeling small and feminine next to a man. Short girls CANNOT understand this. They have always felt this way. That being said...my husband and I are the same height. So just because it makes you feel pretty, it doesn't define your relationships.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (and way more immature) height was super important... I wanted a taller man because I felt like a big ugly fat chick with short men. With bigger, taller men, I felt smaller. I'm 5'7" and I've always been a bigger girl.

I'm married to a big tall man now, but if I were a single woman, height wouldn't matter much to me at all anymore. I'm much more interested in what a man brings to the relationship in conversation and shared interests.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Maybe for the same reason I really like dark brown eyes? Can't help it. And actually, I like a guy to be taller than me.. but not TOO much taller.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?

I'm 6' tall, and height really isn't that important to me. sure, I like tall guys. I also like "shorter" guys. and I've dated both. I actually enjoy dating men a little shorter than I am (they have way more confidence) :wink:
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My husband is 5'4", I don't think height has anything to do with how attractive someone is. I have dated guys anywhere from 5'4" to 6'+. Totally depends on the guy
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I don't know a dominance thing maybe , kind of sucks though being short especially when you were in school...
  • Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my husband is 6'4. I've ALWAYS been attracted to taller men! I like to wear heels even though I'm tall and don't have to worry about being taller than my husband when we are out together.

Maybe it's more of a "they could protect me" kind of thing? I'm not sure really. I guess I just like what I like!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You need to start hanging out with a better class of woman!