Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

woods4722
woods4722 Posts: 22 Member
I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

Replies

2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    because i like to climb trees. tall guys just do it for it. i'm only 5'4 but 6 foot + for me.
  • Jbjessi
    Jbjessi Posts: 288
    no idea my husband is 5'7" we are the same height.. hes great
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    bump. I'd like to read this.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    It is?!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    <---short.
  • woods4722
    woods4722 Posts: 22 Member
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    I'm 5'7" and the one guy I truly loved was 5'6"...my ex husband is 5'9" so not all women feel that way lol
  • as long as he is NOT shorter then me, I dont care :-) my SO is 2inches taller then me at 5'9"
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    I prefer short men. I *uh* love being face to face :)
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    I'm 5'5" - pretty much everyone is taller than me! 5'9" isn't short...whoever told you that was full of crap!

ETA: I've dated guys who were a LOT taller than me, and slightly shorter than me and exactly my height. It never changed how I felt about him. Don't let this one chick give you a complex.
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Because I am 5'7 and in 6in heels I tower over a guy under 6ft tall. All of my serious long-term relationships have been with guys 6ft+.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    I think girls just like looking up at guys.
    I love tall guys.. but I'm 5'2''... so 5'5''+ is good for me. Haha.
  • anniemae225
    anniemae225 Posts: 9 Member
    As a woman who is 5'10", I can tell you that it is hard to feel feminine when you are taller than the average male. There is something very sexy about feeling small and feminine next to a man. Short girls CANNOT understand this. They have always felt this way. That being said...my husband and I are the same height. So just because it makes you feel pretty, it doesn't define your relationships.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    When I was younger (and way more immature) height was super important... I wanted a taller man because I felt like a big ugly fat chick with short men. With bigger, taller men, I felt smaller. I'm 5'7" and I've always been a bigger girl.

I'm married to a big tall man now, but if I were a single woman, height wouldn't matter much to me at all anymore. I'm much more interested in what a man brings to the relationship in conversation and shared interests.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Maybe for the same reason I really like dark brown eyes? Can't help it. And actually, I like a guy to be taller than me.. but not TOO much taller.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?

I'm 6' tall, and height really isn't that important to me. sure, I like tall guys. I also like "shorter" guys. and I've dated both. I actually enjoy dating men a little shorter than I am (they have way more confidence) :wink:
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    My husband is 5'4", I don't think height has anything to do with how attractive someone is. I have dated guys anywhere from 5'4" to 6'+. Totally depends on the guy
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    I don't know a dominance thing maybe , kind of sucks though being short especially when you were in school...
  • Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    I am 5'7 and my husband is 6'4. I've ALWAYS been attracted to taller men! I like to wear heels even though I'm tall and don't have to worry about being taller than my husband when we are out together.

Maybe it's more of a "they could protect me" kind of thing? I'm not sure really. I guess I just like what I like!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    You need to start hanging out with a better class of woman!
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    The same silly reason why some men are attracted to short small girls… If you find yourself attractive that’s all that matters…
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    i'm only 5'3, and i don't wear heals... everybody's taller :laugh:
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    I'm 5'6", I don't mind 5'6-1/2" and up.
  • Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    As a woman who is 5'10", I can tell you that it is hard to feel feminine when you are taller than the average male. There is something very sexy about feeling small and feminine next to a man. Short girls CANNOT understand this. They have always felt this way. That being said...my husband and I are the same height. So just because it makes you feel pretty, it doesn't define your relationships.

Yes exactly!!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    <~~~ 5'7.

*shrug*
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    I dated a guy who was 5'5 and 6'1 it didn't matter. I could not wear high heels with the shorter guy though which sucked. But 5'9 is not short by any means!

I'm 5'5.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I've always preferred taller men (5'11 to 6'1) but I know several guys that are nice looking and shorter (5'8 or so) so it doesn't really matter. I always had the rule though that the man had to be taller than me and I'm 5'6 (and a half)

my hubby is 6 foot so it's all good.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    I never cared so much about "tall" as "taller than me". I'm 5'6" and my extremely attractive husband is 5'9". If I wear my highest boots I'm taller than he is, but he doesn't seem to mind that. lol
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    It isn't just women. I won't date anyone taller than me I am 5'9''. There is something about a short girl that just floats my boat!
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    who cares how tall you are.. some women will like you and some wont.. that is with all traits not just height.. exp if it is a trait we cant do anything about.,, im not trying to be an *kitten* but that would be like me asking why is a mans sttractiveness defined by his skin color.. it doesnt matter.. we all have people we appeal too.. im 6'3" oh chicks like tall guys.. ok but im 300lbs.. chicks like dudes with muscle.. but there is a point where women say uhhhhhhhh thats a little to big shrek.. but i still have my type of women that are attracted to my body type..