Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Um. I never tried to date tall guys but somehow it always happens. I'm five foot even and my first boyfriends was 6'2 and my husband is 6'. I guess im a sucker for men that like short girls.
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    I am 5'10... I like tall....6ft+..
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    This is something I have a continuing insecurity about. Besides my thinning hair. I'm only 5'4".

However, it doesn't seem to bother my wife a bit. She's 3" taller than me at 5'7".

She just loves carrying me around in her pocket.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My late husband was the same height as me and he was awesome and very attractive.

I'm now re-married to a man who is much taller than I am 7" taller... and I will admit to enjoying just how much he towers over me. As a big girl, he makes me feel safe and protected. But I most certainly haven't ever considered height as a measure of whether or not I'd be interested in someone.
  • lhiatt
    lhiatt Posts: 21
    Options
    As a woman who is 5'10", I can tell you that it is hard to feel feminine when you are taller than the average male. There is something very sexy about feeling small and feminine next to a man. Short girls CANNOT understand this. They have always felt this way. That being said...my husband and I are the same height. So just because it makes you feel pretty, it doesn't define your relationships.

Well said!! I am 5'11" and I would date taller or shorter, but my preference would be someone taller. And I agree with one of the other posters...5'9" is not short!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" - pretty much everyone is taller than me! 5'9" isn't short...whoever told you that was full of crap!

ETA: I've dated guys who were a LOT taller than me, and slightly shorter than me and exactly my height. It never changed how I felt about him. Don't let this one chick give you a complex.

This, exactly. :smile:

And what purpose does her saying you'd be more attractive if you were taller actually have? Are you going to get put on a rack and stretched? Have bone-lengthening surgery?
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It isn't. I've met plenty of gorgeous short guys.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    <~~~ 5'7.

*shrug*

i think youre amazing.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I was literally just talking to a friend about this...I don't have a specific height that is "required"...but I do prefer my man to be taller than me...for many reasons....some may sound silly....some I've heard other women say as well...first...being overweight...I don't want to hurt my guy LOL this is the silly reason...I'm so afraid that if I'm taller and heavier than my man I'll hurt him...I like to be lifted and twirled and I'm always terrified I'll hurt my man in bed if I'm on top...so when he's taller...it just feels better to me LOL like I said....that's my silly reason....but beyond that...I love a man that I can curl into...a man that I feel is someone that can protect me...and to a lot of women...being tall can be a sign of being a good protector...now I'm sure there are plenty of women who disagree with me...but the friend I was talking to this about agreed with me...perhaps we just think alike and we are part of the minority...Honestly....5'9 is not short to me...because it's still taller than me! Now I have found shorter men attractive...but I don't feel that same strong pull as I do towards a man that is taller than me..
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with an athletic build. I like taller guys because they make me feel small and feminine in comparison. I've dated guys my height and one who was even shorter. I always felt like a gawky giantess next to them. The physical 'fit' just wasn't there, and as wonderful as some of these men were as boyfriends, I'm always more attracted to tall men.

My husband is 6'0" tall - so not a giant, but definitely taller than me. I still won't wear high heels. :-)
  • mommylog
    mommylog Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with the tall girls... I'm 5'8, the Short girls just don't get it the same, but we feel like amazon women next to everyone smaller... so imagine how sexy that makes us feel next to our man! I guess it really is just my confidence thing... but I like to wear heels on top of it too (come on, gimmie a break, it makes our legs look better too!) so really, tall girls should get the guys 6+. It kinda bugs when there is a girl who is 5'2 with a guy who is 6'3! But I get it, for them it isn't height, their personalities connect... and to be fair, all the guys I have ever dated were my hight or 1-2 inches taller than me... so I guess it can't be that big of an issue! LOL
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    < 5'9".
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it is an issue of being shallow... I think it all depends on the height of the WOMAN... a tall woman typically feels awkward about her height and typically prefers for a man to make them feel small and petite, therefore he would have to be taller than her.

Short girls don't have this issue, and are more likely to find short guys attractive.

I personally, at 5'7'', feel horribly awkward when dating guys shorter than me, I don't find it attractive (for me) at all.
  • MD1Girl
    MD1Girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My husband is 5'9. I'm 5'7. He hates his height, but I love it. I have personally never enjoyed looking up to a guy or standing on my tiptoes to kiss him. That being said, I have never dated someone based on their height. I have dated guys shorter than me as well as taller than me. I have never based a potential relationship on whether the guy is tall enough/too tall.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    <~~~ 5'7.

*shrug*

i think youre amazing.

:blushing: :heart:
  • Sam_Hain
    Sam_Hain Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Easy answer: Because women are shallow.

Slightly less easy answer: Because women are hard wired to be attracted to men who can protect them. Height, muscles, etc are specific indicators.

Totally wrong but entertaining answer: Because Tom Cruise is short and he apparently is crazy.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it is an issue of being shallow... I think it all depends on the height of the WOMAN... a tall woman typically feels awkward about her height and typically prefers for a man to make them feel small and petite, therefore he would have to be taller than her.

Short girls don't have this issue, and are more likely to find short guys attractive.

I personally, at 5'7'', feel horribly awkward when dating guys shorter than me, I don't find it attractive (for me) at all.

Whaddafug??? i dont need a tall man to make me feel small and petite( i am 5'11")...how amusing.
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    FOR ME....it's not that your attractiveness is defined by your height. It's just a preference....kinda like if you prefer blondes over brunettes or slim build over chubby.....so I prefer a man that is taller than me...no shade to the ones shorter than me.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Whaddafug??? i dont need a tall man to make me feel small and petite( i am 5'11")...how amusing.

Great for you, but for a lot of women this isn't true. As i said... 'typically' obviously there are exceptions to everything.
  • Scandalist
    Scandalist Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    As long as he's taller than me when I'm in 4-inch heels then I'm good :)