Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my husband is just a tad shorter, I like it that way so I can stare him down and not feel like I'm climbing a telephone pole for a kiss!!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Whoever said that is not rowing with both oars. Consider the source. Do any of these names ring a bell:

Matt Damon
    Patrick Swayze
    Tom Cruise
    Mark Wahlberg
    Michael J. Fox
    Dustin Hoffman
    Al Pacino
    Tons more just google it;)

I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    6'1" ish but I have the inseam of a 5'10". it makes it hard to find shirts I can tuck in.
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I actually feel much safer with my current husband - I feel that I'm taken care of for some reason- he can comfort me more- not sure its all about the height - but I do love my tall husband :)

Mine is a tad shorter than me but he wears a uniform and carries a gun...I feel safe as long as I'm not the naughty one...:blushing:
  • Fitfortat
    Fitfortat Posts: 47
    Options
    Why is a womans attractiveness defined by her weight???? Because society perpetuates stereotypes of slim women with big breasts as being attractive and tall men with well defined muscles as attractive. It slaps us in the face daily on tv, in magazines, we are "trained" to associate a certain "look" with whats attractive. Unfortunately for the majority of us, that look is not realistic. It sounds cliche, but it really is what is inside that counts and when a woman looks inside of you and loves that ... that'll be your girl.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I actually feel really awkward with 6' plus guys. Maybe it's because I'm only 5'3", but my ideal height for a guy is between 5'7" and 5'10". I do feel like there's something that instinctively makes me more comfortable with guys who are taller than me, but I don't know what it is and I definitely wouldn't turn away a shorter guy.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 5'8" and I don't think that makes him any less attractive than if he was taller - LOL!!!!
    He also gets hit on a lot, by females and males ... soooo ...... !!!
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like shorter guys. I hate having to struggle for a kiss cause Im only 5'2
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me. If you find someone attractive, then you like them as a whole person. Height shouldn't be a big deal.
  • stellapiano
    stellapiano Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Height isn't a big deal to me at all. My boyfriend is probably just under 6', but one of the most attractive men I know is about 5'4 or so.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I don't know that height is attached to attractiveness...but confidence is...

and quite frankly, tall men carry confidence a lot easier than shorter men do, that's not to say it can't be done, because I've known some VERY confident shorter men and believe me...as a result VERY attractive shorter men...

but with society deeming tallness as a symbol of desirable genetics, they dont have to be as confident as a shorter gentleman does, their tallness almost lends them confidence (unless they slouch...)

but shorter men can totally be bring it, you just have to believe 100% in what you bring to the table, and that will make you very attractive.
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    I dated short guys, average height guys, big guys, small guys. I was attracted to the person, not he height. Before I met my husband, the tallest guy I had dated was 5'11". My husband is 6'5", but I met him online, and had been communicating with him for a while before I knew how tall he was, so it was not a factor.
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and height is not as big a deal to me as it is to other tall women I know. I appreciate being able to look at my man face to face. Before my current s/o, who is 6'0, all the men I dated and liked were taller. My ex was 6'5 and a guy I dated before him was 6'4.

And just being honest, my s/o now is much more attractive than either of them. Height and attractiveness are not connected for every woman.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think this has to do partly with the fact that it's our nature. Just as a man seeks a woman with childbearing curves. Women want to "feel" protected. Someone to watch over them. Tall men make us feel secure.

It's embedded in us. Plain and simple. Lol sure they're exceptions but this is generally speaking.
  • gonnabethinandfit
    gonnabethinandfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I really don't know either. Height shouldn't be such a deal breaker for girls just as dress size shouldn't be for men. I think it's a protection thing for girls... we always seem to want somebody bigger and stronger The idea that they can only take care of us if they're tall and muscular, however, should stop. I think that women who are stronger and more confident in their ability to protect themselves are probably less likely to think like this. I'm no scientist, but this makes sense to me...
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Why is a womans attractiveness defined by her weight???? Because society perpetuates stereotypes of slim women with big breasts as being attractive and tall men with well defined muscles as attractive. It slaps us in the face daily on tv, in magazines, we are "trained" to associate a certain "look" with whats attractive. Unfortunately for the majority of us, that look is not realistic. It sounds cliche, but it really is what is inside that counts and when a woman looks inside of you and loves that ... that'll be your girl.

^^^ THIS. Its tough being a short guy - but its also tough being a chubby woman w no boobs - both instances go against what "society wants".... that being said, long term relationships and friendships go far deeper than those attributes - you wouldnt want to be with someone who is only considering one physical aspect anyways....
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, my hubby is 5'9...I think it's a cuddly/security thing...all the ladies like to feel like their men can kick butt when needed (or look like they can anyways)

That said, I in no way would not date someone based on this though.
    I've dated shorter than me and taller than me.

But I do agree that the taller the better...just like why are women's attractiveness defined by their boobs and butt?
    life's not fair, you get over it though :)
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women

It's not important to this woman. My husband is the same height I am (5'4") I find a man's heart his most attractive feature. Continue to work on your heart and the woman you attract will be a gift!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's about confidence. My mom always told me that short guys tend to have a complex. She's generalizing though. There are some guys out there that are short, but they don't let it get to them.

5'9" is not short though.
  • Larimar0989
    Options
    I love tall guys too. It depends on preference. I'm a bit taller than the average girl, so that has to do with it.

But, I think some short guys are great and are good looking...just not for me.