Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I dated a shorter guy before. Not sure what his exact height was, but I'm only 5'4.5" so he wasn't very tall lol.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    that is a good question. Cannot wait to read all of the updates.
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    I didn't realize it mattered...i guess I'm behind. As long as he's taller than me (or even equal to with heels on) I don't care lol.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    And I thought it was all about what a man was packing in his pants!!!
  • morrisca
    morrisca Posts: 12
    Options
    Actually, I prefer shorter guys. I'm not talking like freakishly small but most of the guys I've been interested in have been between 5'3"-5'10" (I'm 5'3"). I dated a guy who was 6'3" briefly and actually found it rather awkward when we'd start kissing. He'd end up kinda crouching and his knees would hit my thighs and then I'd feel bad that he was having to crouch down.
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't think it necessarily is... there are a LOT of attractive shorter men. My 'type' is tall and thin with dark hair (lucked out with my hubby) :love:
  • erdunn75
    erdunn75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". As long as the guy is not shorter than that I'm good. Just like guys, there's some things some girls are and are not attracted to. But no matter what the height, it doesnt affect a man being good looking or not. It's just awkward to date a guy who's shorter than me. For me anyway.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hubby is 5'7" and we celebrate 34 yrs in August......no problem for me! (of course I am 5'3")!
  • stephmo86
    stephmo86 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm 5'1. It feels like everyone's taller. I am actually physically intimidated by a friend of a friend who is 6'5. His legs alone are pretty much the length of my body. I kind of inch my way away from him, or stand on a step or something so I don't feel so short.
  • Vdoubledice
    Vdoubledice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My tall hubby makes me feel little...
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If someone tells you that you'd be more attractive if you were taller, they're looking at you more as arm decor than as a person they want to spend more time with. Being around people with lousy attitudes isn't worth the stress. You deserve better.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    As a woman who is 5'10", I can tell you that it is hard to feel feminine when you are taller than the average male. There is something very sexy about feeling small and feminine next to a man. Short girls CANNOT understand this. They have always felt this way. That being said...my husband and I are the same height. So just because it makes you feel pretty, it doesn't define your relationships.

I feel the same way. I am 6'1 and when a guy is shorter than me I feel like a giant. I am married to someone 5'10 and I didn't dance at our wedding cause I felt so awkward. It seems silly, but I still felt that way.

Edit: every guy I ever met 6'1 and taller dated women 5'6 and under. I guess it works both ways, maybe shorter girls make a guy feel more masculine.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    do you know what IS attractive.. being confident and able to work with the lot you've been dealt.. do you know what IS NOT attractive... asking insecure questions....

You mean like, "does this make my butt look big?"

exactly.. and chances are if you're asking the question.. you already know the answer.. :)
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    because us giants are just smexy like that :laugh:
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    5'7" and any chick who passes on me because of my height, definitely missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Look, everyone has their preferences in what they want in a mate. I prefer tall men. It makes me feel safer. I am 5'8 and my husband is 6'4. I have dated shorter men and men my height and it was okay but the tall ones always got more chances. :flowerforyou:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    ...just like why are women's attractiveness defined by their boobs and butt?
    life's not fair, you get over it though :)

Wrong. A woman's boobs and butt my grab our attention. But if you look like you fell out of the ugly tree, hit every branch and was dumb enough to climb back and go back for seconds... I wouldn't even put a flag over your face and do it for the country.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I do not define a man's attractiveness by his height but rather by his mile splits and ability to do pushups...
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Very interesting question .. and yes.. at times it has been somewhat intimidating during life.

But a man is not defined by his height, nor other physical "typical" attributes... a man is defined by his GUTS!!!..

Do you have what it takes to get that woman you want???.. then go get her!!.. that's my answer!!..
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Does it matter if the guy is taller than you or it's a deal breaker if he's not a certain designated height?

I am only 5 feet tall so you are all taller than me. I married a tall guy but have dated and been attracted to shorter guys...