Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Actually most of the women I know don't care about height as long as the guy's taller. I've rarely met a girl who wanted a 6 ft tall guy, I'm one of the few that finds it really attractive ;)
  • beingmotivated
    Options
    I'm 5'6 but before I use to think I'd want guys who are taller than me. But now, I really don't care what height they are as long as I love him. (I don't know how women can wear heels at my height or taller, they kill me! I never wear heels!)
  • woods4722
    woods4722 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds stupid.. but I sell women's shoes and I swear I get this complaint all the time.. they want to wear high heels because it's slimming and makes their legs look nice, but they don't want to be taller than the guy!

I think it's a subconscious thing of trying to look passive and submissive because back in the day that was considered sought after. If they are taller than their significant other it makes them look dominant and masculine, whereas they want to be dainty and femanine :/ silly things our brains think of when we're not paying attention. Now this is all just a guess on my end, to be honest I don't really care either way.

It also could be a protection thing? The larger male is more capable of protecting the female and as such we look for the largest specimen. This just sounds like something out of national geographic, I'm sorry xD!

I would have to disagree that just because a man is taller that he can protect her better. Most of the taller guys I know are a little on the Thin side and don't look like they can crack a nut...lol
  • histwinkletoes
    histwinkletoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2 and my husband is 5'8....perfect in my book! I've dated men over 6' tall and it was just awkward because they were too tall for my height. As long as the guy is taller than me I'm fine with it. I like how I can rest my head perfectly on my husband's chest when I hug him.
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (just a little under).... the guy doesn't have to be a certain height... but he does have to be taller then me.
  • TISH27kidneytransplant
    Options
    I have dated men all shapes and sizes. Height never mattered to me. It just so happened that the guy I clicked with the most is my now husband, who is 6feet2 and half inches tall! He was the one for me and he just happened to be tall! I'm 5'4" by the way and wish all the time I was taller! hubby likes to put things out of my reach.
    You're special. Wish you the best and wish I could solve the issue.

Awwww, thank you! I think sometimes he does it so I will ask for his help:) I think sometimes it makes him feel needed and there nothing wrong with that!
    This is one beautiful young woman who is fighting for her health. We need to support her, She deserves our support and is meaningful to us all. Please pray for her to overcome!

Thank you for your kind words!
  • roflsauce
    roflsauce Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm 6' 8" and i've been told I am too tall :P

People find different bodysizes more or less attractive, and from reading the reply's most don't care either way.
  • jameehardey
    Options
    You need find a better type of girl! But as a 5"10 girl I like guys taller than me but I don't think it would be a deal breaker... It's just how it goes really haha
  • chrren
    chrren Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't care much about a guy's height. Just as long as he's taller than me :)
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    My boyfriend is about the same height as I am and I am not looking for a man who towers over me. Thanks but no thanks... I don't know who told you think, but I think it's a load of rubbish, haha!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    My partner is taller than me by a couple of inches. Doesn;t matter, mid you I am extremely handsome lol
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I don't feel this is true. I've never dated anyone shorter than me (I'm 5'3", so it's uncommon for me to find anyone who isn't taller anyway).. But I don't think that makes someone less attractive. My ex was 5'8", and it didn't bother me at all.. I thought he fell into a perfect range.. Too tall and it could be awkward.

Although, I think I'd be a little weirded out if a guy I was dating wasn't at least my height..
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you, how likely is it that most men would date a woman who is over 6 feet? I works both ways in my opinion.

I'm 5'10 and I like a man to be taller than me (I hit the jackpot with my 6'2 husband) but before him I dated guys from 5'8- 6'6. Some women find specific things attractive, and it's unfortunate that you feel that you don't have that. Edit- people find specific things attractive.
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    When my hubby and I met we were the same height (about 5' 10") but in the past year i've kept growing. I'm now another inch taller so I win lol. :laugh:
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It's okay if you've got the height elsewhere:laugh:
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    i like being with guys who are tall/taller then me because i feel like a cow beside guys my height or shorter ... i cant stand beside guys who are shorter then me PERIOD .. or i feel TERRIBLE about my self .. the only time i feel bad about my body is when im around short guys ...

now being around tall guys .. THAT makes me feel amazing .. i feel small for once.. im really big so its hard for me to feel small (hence the weight loss journey)

that being said im 5’3 so 5’9 is super tall to me .. i guess its just perspective right?
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    dunno, but yep its a turn on.......... I like tall guys, at least 6 ft, if a guys says he is 5´something, im like .. ohhhh, u are short :brokenheart: LOL

the taller the better!
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Im only 5ft2 and my fiancé is 6ft4... In know right, for me if a man is taller they make you feel safer and also I think like someone else said more feminine. All this would go out of the window if a guy was smaller. Although, I have dated a guy who was like 5ft4, so and the end of the day height isnt everything at the end of the day it's about the person. X
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My fiancé is a whole foot taller than me and I love it. :) I feel small and cute, and above all safe beside him. Like others have said, a guy shorter than me would make me feel huge, and I'm not, I'm short. But a man doesn't have to be a whole foot taller to seem attractive to me, it's more about their face and physique - being tall just ads a wow-factor for me.
  • MissPorcupine
    Options
    I'm 5'4", so for me everyone is taller... ;)
    Men who are taller are automatically making me feel safe. And they can kiss me without standing on their tiptoes, lol :D