No Results??? I give up!!

Options

Replies

• LouTru
    LouTru Posts: 3
    Options
    I would rather be 30 pounds away from my goal weight than where Im starting at. Closer you are to goal weight harder it is to lose. Hang in there and be thankful you aren't 100 away from goal weight, so what if you lose it faster its hard to see that mountain to climb.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Clearly giving up will get you better results.

On a serious note, see the below reply.
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what everyone else said.

Don't give up. You probably didn't get here in only 30 days, you can't expect to get back to where you want to be in 30 days. We ALL go through not losing or seeing as much progress as we would like, but stick with it and you'll get there!
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I started changing what I eat, and exercising 6 days a week.

Today marks one month!! Yay, congrats, good job, hang in there......

NO NO and NO!!!

I give up!!

It's been 30 days and I have ZERO results!! I lost 4 lousy pounds??

I see everyone on MFP talking about losing 18 pounds the first month, some 20 pounds, some even only 10!!
    But I only lose 4???

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

It's not fair that I have to go the rest of my life knowing that I can't even sit down without my stomach resting on my lap.

I give up....sorry for the rant. I just can't get over how much I HAVEN'T lost in a full month :(

You dont know what you are doing.

I can help.

Post or PM:

Weight
    Body fat%
    How often you work out and what types.

I'll advise you on what to do in order to lose weight.
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    :noway: Do you quit everything you've been successful at? You either have unrealistic expectations or you aren't really committed to achieving your goal. Comparing yourself to other people is silly and will only lead to discouragement. A four pound loss means you burned more than 14,000 calories than you consumed last month...there are thousands of people on MFP that would kill for that level of success.

Suck it up buttercup, beating yourself up doesn't burn any calories
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    4 lbs in one month when you only have 20 to lose is awesome! you should be very proud of yourself!! don't quit. And for the record, Muscle does not weight more than fat...5 lbs is 5 lbs, regardless, just 5 lbs of muscle looks MUCH better than 5 lbs of fat!! That could very well be your case...pull out the tape measure...do ANYTHING but give up...what is giving up going to accomplish?? probably gaining back the 4 lbs you worked your *kitten* off for, and possibly more making you even unhappier then you are now. It's a hard process, stick to it though, it's worth it!!! Best of luck!!
  • filady
    filady Posts: 12
    Options
    Never give up! 4 lbs. is a good and besides you should lose slow 1 or 2 lbs a week so you are on the right track.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You do realize that the majority of the people with those large losses are morbidly obese and not very close to their goal weight like you are, right? You have lost 4 pounds. Believe it or not, that is a real result. You have made changes and they are working, and at a healthy pace as well.
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here. Exercise burns fat and builds muscle. Take a look at the picture at the link below. It compares 5lbs of fat to 5lbs of muscle. They weigh the same, but the muscle takes up a lot less volume. So if you burn fat and build muscle, you very well may weigh the same but there will be less of you. Rather than just worry about the scale, take other body measurements and notice how your clothes fit differently. Your body may be changing more than you think.

And remember the saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day." It took time to get into the shape that you're currently in, and it'll take time to get into the shape that you desire.

http://tksinclair.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Fat-vs-Muscle.bmp
  • Corian3105
    Corian3105 Posts: 16
    Options
    1lb per week is a really good rate for weight loss. Keep at it and those numbers will add up and get you to your goal weight in no time. You're doing really well so far :)
  • Ariyuni
    Ariyuni Posts: 7
    Options
    Like other people said, you're losing weight just fine. Please don't give up! You're so close to your goal. Try to get that frustration out by doing something different and exciting to exercise.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Um, if you're just doing it for the short term, it won't last anyway. If you want to exercise, eat right, look better, feel better, all that will show. If you eat like garbage and sit around all day, all that will show, too. You get what you give. Do you think all the people who look great, healthy, sexy, just put in 4 weeks and came out looking sparkly amazing?
  • missfelicia6
    Options
    Ok Ok...I apologize for my rant. It's true. I didn't see it before. Thank you all for opening my eyes to see that I have done something.

Wow, taking a deep breath after reading all of your positive replies made me feel 110% better!!

Thank you all soooo MUCH!!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I guess you could lose 20 lbs in one month, but then how quickly do you think it will come back on? 1lb a week is a great result. Be proud and keep going. It has been 7 months and I have lost only 25 of the 80 lbs I want to lose. Many of us on MFP are making true lifestyle changes and slow weightloss is a part of that. You do not have much to lose so it will be a slow weightloss for you. keep at it and don't give up.
  • missfelicia6
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here. Exercise burns fat and builds muscle. Take a look at the picture at the link below. It compares 5lbs of fat to 5lbs of muscle. They weigh the same, but the muscle takes up a lot less volume. So if you burn fat and build muscle, you very well may weigh the same but there will be less of you. Rather than just worry about the scale, take other body measurements and notice how your clothes fit differently. Your body may be changing more than you think.

And remember the saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day." It took time to get into the shape that you're currently in, and it'll take time to get into the shape that you desire.

http://tksinclair.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Fat-vs-Muscle.bmp

Holy toledo batman!! That picture made so much sense!!!
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    It could just be muscle now instead of fat since you are working out a lot dont give up!
  • Scotland_forever
    Scotland_forever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Take measurements!! I gained 2 pounds the first 14 days of exercising but lost 4 inches off my waist. Perseverance!
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options

^^^^^This
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

Like he says. A pound a week is a pound a week and four pounds a month. It's also 52 pounds a year.

And, if that's your picture, you are not that far off to start with from your goal and the thinner you are to start ,the harder it is to do those big dramatic weight losses. .

But I know what you mean. I'm in the same position and also feel frustration - a pound is margin of error for my scale. But it's been 3 months and I've lost 12 pounds and all my clothes fit beautifully. By the end of the summer I expect be thinner than I've been in a few years. By Christmas I'll be back to my college graduation weight - and I'm 53.

Just go with it. Important things are hard.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You should be in this for the long haul. Not quick results.
    The 4lbs is success!

Eat right, exercise the rest will fall into place.

This should be about a healthy life style change.
    Not jealousy and envy.