Moms with stretch marks, do u wear bikinis?

Options

Replies

• asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Hell no, I haven't worn a bikini since I was 18 and that was in 1992....LOL My stretch mark's aren't that bad. My skin is horrible. I need a tummy tuck....

me too
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    yep.. the smaller the better! a girls gotta tan!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had 19 miscarriages prior to the birth of my son and the marks that I have come with pride and I thank God that he allowed me to have them. I will proudly wear my bikini again, once I can. :)
  • cathomer
    cathomer Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm worried about this too, not so much the stretch marks, but will my tummy ever lose the saggy bit? I've got dry skin anyway so worry that it won't have enough elasticity to go back to vaguely normal. As long as I'm not all saggy I'd be very happy to wear a bikini and show off my stretch marks, I actually think I'd be sad if they went completely, that's weird isn't it.
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yep!! And i feel more comfortable than i ever have. Plus, those stretch marks are because I gave birth to a precious baby boy, i own them, not one bit ashamed of them.
  • jfwifey12
    jfwifey12 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am planning on it - after all stretch marks are just the proof that we went through it all :)
  • moore820
    moore820 Posts: 5
    Options
    Man, I wish LOL
    My stomach is not firm enough and my stretch marks are so deep its horrible. :(
    Maybe one day....
  • mksitz
    mksitz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Once I get this loose skin toned up I will! My abs are slowly but surely getting leaner and I can't wait till I'll feel more comfortable in a bikini. Right now I stick with my tankini so my jiggly tummy skin doesn't show lol. My son is 3 1/2 now and my stretch marks arent quite as bas as they were. Maybe by the time my muscles are more toned and less fat, the marks will be even less noticable. Either way, I'll rock it after my hard work pays off! It was hard work to grow that little guy, and it's been hard work getting fit. I think BOTH are awesome things to flaunt. =)
  • jensaeugling
    jensaeugling Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ABSolutely!!!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Not this summer.. but mostly because I found one piece that I just looove. I'm about 10 or so lbs above my goal and then I am ordering this for next beach season: http://www.unique-vintage.com/best-seller-vintage-inspired-swimsuit-style-black-polka-bikini-p-2368.html
    I love the retro style and the higher waisted bottom.. I think it'll nicely cover up my mommy marks, haha. I
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not 100% comfortable with my stretch marks and new 'loose' stomach, but I wear a bikini proud & don't let anyone know how I really feel. Faking confidence sometimes gives you real confidence.
  • kbbradley
    kbbradley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    From a man's perspective: at my age, I see stretch marks on a woman with young children and to me it is a badge of honor, that shows she has worked to get her body back in shape. I would not worry, be comfortable and wear what makes you feel good. Keep up the good work!
  • LisaEileen
    LisaEileen Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I was at Rock USA in Oshkosh, WI this past week. There were approximately 30,000 people there of all shapes and sizes. I love people watching. :) I saw so many ladies wearing bikini tops and shorts because it was so darn hot. Many were obviously in their 40's like me with tons of stretch marks. They were rockin' those tops like no ones business. That really gave me the confidence that when I lose this fat, I will be wearing one too. My husband kept hinting that maybe next year at Rock USA, I could wear a sexy bikini top. That gave me even more confidence that I could wear one some day.
  • Gyllain
    Gyllain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not confident enough yet to wear a proper bikini, so I wear a cutaway swimsuit.
    I really like it, and it covers up that loose bit on my lower belly.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Not this summer.. but mostly because I found one piece that I just looove. I'm about 10 or so lbs above my goal and then I am ordering this for next beach season: http://www.unique-vintage.com/best-seller-vintage-inspired-swimsuit-style-black-polka-bikini-p-2368.html
    I love the retro style and the higher waisted bottom.. I think it'll nicely cover up my mommy marks, haha. I

I looked at that bikini and somehting like that would be perfect! It would cover my stretch marks (except on my inner thighs). Well once I got in better shape of course. Lol.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    <~~~~ Hell yea!!!! I don't care as long as I feel good I don't care what others might say !! ; )
  • jagger27
    jagger27 Posts: 79
    Options
    Not yet...but one day, I will :) All of you ladies are so inspirational...Thank you...and for the guys that commented...you are pretty awesome too!!!
  • Gyllain
    Gyllain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Damn, I bought this a few weeks ago, and now its less than half price!
    At least my other one was sale price.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/swimwear/snake-cut-out-swimsuit_244553427
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Damn, I bought this a few weeks ago, and now its less than half price!
    At least my other one was sale price.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/swimwear/snake-cut-out-swimsuit_244553427

oooohhh. I like that one better! I think I might be better off starting with one like that. Its sexy, beautiful, elagant and covers the front of the belly! I think that my confidence woould be better off starting with something like that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!