More office pet peeves....

Options

Replies

• Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread, and when I get back to the office, I will gladly contribute.
  • sab0834
    sab0834 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes
  • ShakeyMD
    ShakeyMD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1. Filthy b!tches in the bathroom. Have found everything from a full blown mat of pubic hair on the floor in front of the toilet to blood drips on the floor to a seat that looks like some chick gyrated her hips while peeing to ensure that every bit of the seat was covered. Nasty. Nasssssssty. Wenches.

2. The woman who sits across from me and spends all day...literally all day...on the phone for personal phone calls or looking at houses online. She was supposed to retire two years ago, but never did. She's the reason the company can't hire me outright (I'm a contractor and losing my position in October). If she would just LEAVE, they would be able to hire me within the budgeted head count. I do more work in one hour (even playing on MFP) than she does in a full week. No joke. Stop looking at houses online and BUY one already. Preferably in Tennessee. Far, far away.

3. Same woman as above. Different complaint. Noisy eater. Way noisy eater. I'm talking slurping and gulping and choking and grunting (FULL-OUT GRUNTING!) while she eats. Makes my stomach flip over every time. Blerrggh. And she's always talking to Jesus. For example, a conversation I just heard: "Mike, how old is your daughter now? Three years old? Oh, Father God, oh Jesus, isn't that wonderful. Three years old." (Keep in mind that Mike is walking away now...the conversation does NOT stop, however.) "Imagine that. Three years. Sweet Jesus. Jesus, Jesus. Three years old. Oh, Father, they do grow up fast. My grandbaby gonna be 1 next month. Father God, oh Jesus, they do grow. They sure do. Sweet Jesus." Nothing against Jesus, but please keep your thoughts to yourself. It's not a conversation anymore when the other person has walked away.

#3 is the funniest thing I have read all day!
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    When people don't do their jobs and expect me to do it for them.:mad:

This. This. This.
    Also getting stiuff delgated to me because the other person is "sooo busy". [with what? taking personal calls all day?!] grrr...
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    That annoying, roly poly girl who screams your name everytime you walk by but turns it into some rhyming retardation chant and everyone knows you can't stand it so they start doing it too to make fun of her and annoy you further. This is the same one that sticks her nose right in your plate and asks what you're having for lunch, where did you get it, is it good? RAWR!!!! GTF away from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :grumble:
  • Bizeebec150
    Options
    I wish I was on vacation
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    people that are half assing their job & complain that they are not getting paid enough. hate to say it but a lot of people are bigots where i work..
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The lady who mumbles while brushing her teeth in the stall next to me while I'm peeing and dribbles spit on the floor. UGHHHH:explode:

And the people who don't clean up their stuff in the kitchen. If I see dishes in the sink & not the diswasher I throw them away. Your mother does not work here. The keep kitchen clean sign is not in not in invisable ink.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The fridge thief...

i work hard to make nice healthy lunches for myself each day...shame i only get to eat them every other day.

I did notice the gal in accounting is looking healthier, bet it's her....

Put a note in the fridge "To who ever is stealing my lunch. One in three lunches now include ex-lax. Do you feel lucky today?"

That's funny right there. Better yet, Ipecac........ you'll defintely find out who is stealing your lunch.
  • Lsufan22
    Lsufan22 Posts: 33
    Options
    I work at a help desk, taking calls all day.

People who say bu-bye instead of bye or goodbye. Drives me up a wall.
  • seardefilip
    Options

This. This. This.
    Also getting stiuff delgated to me because the other person is "sooo busy". [with what? taking personal calls all day?!] grrr...

THIS TO INFINITY-
    I can get my job, and anothers done while allowing myself time to jump off and on the computer daily- AND mostly not complain, but if I miss the phone 1 time is OH MY GOD I AM TIRED OF ANSWERING THESE PHONES- well get over it you haven't been answering them nearly at all- FREAKS- be thankful for the job you have- some people would call it a BLESSING!
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    People standing in MY office having a full blown conversation about nothing having to do with work while im trying to work!!!! One of these times im going to SNAP! There is a hallway 5 feet away and a conference room down that hall, go have your freaking pow wow down there! Drives me bat crazy banananananas!
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options

My peeve is the woman in my office who spends about 10 minutes scraping every last drop out of a yoghurt pot.

Yes, this! The woman who sits behind me does this and it makes me want to scream. She also loudly opens and crunches pistachio nuts which drives me insane. She also often wears a bangle that whacks against the desk when she types. GRRRRR.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    The downward spiral of the person who "responds to all" on a company wide email...then the annoyed person who "responds to all" on that persons email spouting some tirade about not responding to all... etc etc etc

Yep, this one! I work for a company with over 20,000 employees.... and every once in a while, some poor unsuspecting soul will manage to find a distribution list that sends the email out to the entire company instead of the 3 people he/she meant to send it to.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

This. This. This.

THIS TO INFINITY-
    I can get my job, and anothers done while allowing myself time to jump off and on the computer daily- AND mostly not complain, but if I miss the phone 1 time is OH MY GOD I AM TIRED OF ANSWERING THESE PHONES- well get over it you haven't been answering them nearly at all- FREAKS- be thankful for the job you have- some people would call it a BLESSING!

Yes. Lazy people that don't do there jobs and spend all day on social websites and posting on topics and commenting on threads...... oh *kitten*, my boss is coming.........
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    People standing in MY office having a full blown conversation about nothing having to do with work while im trying to work!!!! One of these times im going to SNAP! There is a hallway 5 feet away and a conference room down that hall, go have your freaking pow wow down there! Drives me bat crazy banananananas!

I just pick up the phone, start dialing and say to them "Excuse me", they always look really guilty and leave, or I turn the radio up, hell I have an office, I can put my radio on a bit louder :)
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have no objection to being told 'have a good weekend' on a Friday.....but I hate, hate, hate being asked on Monday 'did you have a good weekend'.....if I have anything remotely interesting to say about my weekend that I want to share I'll say but otherwise butt out!!

Oh and the cleaner putting the handtowels in the dispenser upside down so I can't get the flipping things out to dry my hands.....it doesn't take much to flip me over into a rage...... :angry:
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    Public nail clipper guy....none of us wants to hear you clipping your nails, go to the bathroom or better yet...do it at home!
    Oh gosh! I have one of these at my office too! Yuck! I don't know how to tell him nicely to knock it off! And he does it often!
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There's a woman who feels the need to ALWAYS prop the ladies' restroom door wide open. Why the heck would anyone want to hear you handle your business in the hallway??

And then the people who come in my office when I have tons of work just to talk about NOTHING! Leave me alone people!!
  • smboston
    smboston Posts: 68
    Options
    Public nail clipper guy....none of us wants to hear you clipping your nails, go to the bathroom or better yet...do it at home!

A "lady" one row over clips her nails DAILY. I said very loudly, "Someone help her trim that hoof so we can stop listening to this." She's also a throat clearer. cough cough grrr grrr.

She's 11 months from retirement. I'd like to give her some cash to get her the heck out now.