How much weight have you lost and how long did it take?

Options

Replies

• michelle_w_04
    michelle_w_04 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm down 22 lbs. and have been working at it since mid April.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in 2 weeks. That was 2 years ago!
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    54lbs since Jan 12th!! :drinker:
  • JenS0301
    JenS0301 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started working out in Nov '11 and have been steady working out. Im getting there slowly. :0)
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    started june 28th, 315
    July 17th 290
    25 pounds in 20 days
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow! I feel like a slacker now lol! I started Jan. 1/12 at 300 pounds. I have lost about 65 pounds. I have gained muscle too. My goal weight is 180 but if I hit the 100's again...I'll scream it off a mountain!!! I am 36 and 5'8" and a large frame. Keep up the great work everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Fatty_Melt
    Fatty_Melt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've managed to lose 23 - 25lbs in a little over 2 months. I seem to have plateaued and now my weight fluctuates within 1-2lbs, but I'm trying not to get discouraged since I recently incorporated walking and weight lifting into my routine.

SW: 424
    CW: 399
    GW: 200
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    22lb since April 19th
  • breckrose
    breckrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • RedZinfandel
    RedZinfandel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started July 2011 at 142 and down to 114 now. I took a 3 month break from exercising in between from an injury. Now...struggling to lose those last 5 lbs.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I started in November 2011, didn't lose anything until December 2011, lost 7 pounds and gained it right back for no reason. Lost 5 of it, gained it back in March 2012. Re-lost the 5 in May, and now plateauing. So almost a year and only 7 pounds to show for it.
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    7 lbs in 7 months. I've been a maniac at the gym and have increased my muscle mass, so I'm not too upset. At this rate, I should be at goal weight in a year (14 more lbs). :grumble:
  • asmallermeplz
    asmallermeplz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    FIVE lbs in one week! You can do it just be honest count the cals. and get some exerice even if you just walk 15 mins out 15 mins back. See how far you get each day! Do not give up! Oh yea try green tea,and 8 glasses of water. GOOD LUCK ! :flowerforyou:
  • Canuckle31
    Options
    I started end of January after I decided I was going to do a bike tour fundraiser with a bunch of friends this August.

I'm 32, 6'4" and at that time I was 246lbs (thereabouts). Not bad, but I was out of shape compared to what I wanted to be.

I set an initial goal of 220lbs, played soccer twice a week, plus coached, plus started up P90X and stuck to it (despite some healing ribs). I also did a drastic change in my diet where I went from eating out a lot, to soups, veggies, fruits at home, along with vitamin supplements.

In one week, I lost 5lbs.

In two weeks, I lost 10lbs.

By the 3rd week...weight gain was less..total lost was 13lbs.

In a month, it was 17lbs.

In over two months into my "getting healthy program" I had reached 220lbs (so by the end of March).

Since that time, my weight in a week will fluctuate anywhere from 217 to 224. Only because sickness has been going around the family (it sucks).

I went from being a 40 in my work pants (38 in regular jeans) down to a 36 in work pants (34 or lower in jeans/shorts...depends on the style/cut).

Now that things are back in alignment, I'm going to be working out almost everyday, but try not to do two hard workouts in a day (ie. play 90 minutes of soccer PLUS do a P90X workout). Trying to keep it simple, but keeping busy everyday.
  • joyfulnoise27870
    joyfulnoise27870 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: August 2010- 248 lbs
    Current weight: 133 lbs
    Goal weight: 125 lbs

So almost 2 years- I've lost 115 lbs so far but have really slowed down since January 2012....But I know I'll make it.

Everyone keep up the good work!
  • beezlebubb
    beezlebubb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    26 lbs, 35 days...

I will admit that what I'm doing is not considered healthy or recommended, but I'm going into maintenance mode in 3 days, so if anyone is going to tell me that its bad to lose that fast, it's too late!
    My last maintenance (only 5 days, as I needed to stop the diet for a trip somewhere) I managed to eat about 1200 cals/day, carefully tracked, and stayed within 2lbs of my maintenance weight. Now I'm hoping to maintain for longer as the most restrictive phase of this diet comes to a close for now.
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    39 lbs since February 7, 2012...not too shabby. I have 2 lbs to go to reach my (first) goal weight.
  • Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I started May 13th at 208.4..and as of today 193.4..so a loss of 13lbs in about 9 weeks
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Been almost a year for me-

SW- 235
    CW- 190
    GW- 140

I truely wish I could say I had lost more.. :cry: but sadly I can not! I keep trying but keep hitting plateaus... darn things!

Congrats to everyone on here that have lost and continues to push!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    18 Months ago I weighed 420 today I weigh 348. I actually gained 20 pounds in the middle of my loss, but I am back on track now thanks to help from Friends, family and MFP. I have even started TaeKwonDo classes and and am competing at the nationals. I have not felt this good since high school!!