Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on the woman. Like I always say, "There are as many fetishes as there are people in the world." LOL

I'm only 5'1". However, I have always been attracted to men over 6' tall. My shortest boyfriend was 5'11" and the tallest was 6'4". I just like the feeling of being around a tall, protective man. Plus, since I'm so short, they can see things that I can't and can reach things off of high shelves ;)

My positive male influence growing up was my grandfather. He was 6' tall and a "man's man." He was very protective yet had an amazing sensitive side. My father, however, was 5'7", thought he was super macho and was kind of a jerk (even though he is an amazing person these days and we have a great relationship now). Most women base their future relationships on who their male role model was growing up. I go for tall men with blue eyes.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend was only about 5'7 and my other ex was 5'9. It's not that I don't like tall guys, it's just it's not a crucial part of what I look for when I look for a man.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    also i dated a guy who was 6’4 and we could only have sex missionary or with me on top ... it was still the best sex i have ever had but mannnn not having it from the back all that time sure was sad .. LMFAO TMI?

wait... why couldn't you? i'm 5'2" and i did this with a guy that is (literally) 6'8" this morning. more than once. and it was lovely.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    As a woman who is 5'10", I can tell you that it is hard to feel feminine when you are taller than the average male. There is something very sexy about feeling small and feminine next to a man. Short girls CANNOT understand this. They have always felt this way. That being said...my husband and I are the same height. So just because it makes you feel pretty, it doesn't define your relationships.

this ^^^^

i'm 5'5" and usually attracted to guys 6' or taller

but if i know a great guy who doesnt fit that i wudnt reject him solely for his height
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Why are big firm boobies so attractive to men?

because they're fun.....lol. Do all sorts of fun things with them. My favorite game is the Donner caravan moving through the rocky mountains....have to be liberal with the oil but ....<sigh> good times.
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am 5"5, my hubby is 5"3, best thing come in small packages, lol.. we have been together almost 30 years. I used to wear high heels way back and he never minded, actually he thought the looks we were getting were rather funny. What he lacks in height he makes up in million other ways. The inside is what counts.
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    I like girls shorter than me,because they give better hugs :P i've been 6'2 since about 16,however.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and my fiance is my height. Different women like different things. Somebody will adore you even if you aren't as tall as a basketball player.

And if they can't get over it, oh well. Their loss.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I'm told because being tall and wide I totally envelope them, very safe being totally wrapped up and surrounded.
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'2 so most guys are taller than me anyway but I tend to like guys 5'10" and over, not to say if a guy was shorter and treated me with respect that I would push him off to the side because he's not tall enough... respect is key first and foremost.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I don't know. My first 3 boyfriends were all 5'6". I'm 5'3.5" and they would get upset if I were to wear heels. It seems like all three of them had ego issues and had to compensate for being short or something to flip out over my shoes. Now I'm dating a fella who is 6'1" and I don't have this problem anymore.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My ex husband is only 5"5" and my partner is 6'3". It doesn't really matter to me cuz at 5'3" everyone is taller than me. To the OP, 5'9" isn't short at all!!!
    But I do notice that men fib on their height more than anything, I guess how we fib on our weight. When I'm fitting for uniforms, I get guys that I know are a 30" inseam that try and say they are a 32". Even when I measure them, they say the tape is "wrong". :laugh:
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" I have dated some very tall men and personally I felt like they were way too big. Everything seemed very awkward.

I have also dated short guys who were very dominant. No problems there.

5'9" is not short, that is actually pretty average. My husband is 5'10" and he is the perfect height for me.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    not a deciding factor, but deffinitly a plus. ive just never been attracted to someone who was shorter then me, but that dosnt mean i couldnt be. i'm not picky about much of anything when dating someone. (dont really care about looks etc) but height deffinitly helps. ive been with two people who are the sameish height as me (5'6-5'7) and i can tell it made me be much more critical of my own weight etc. even with one of those men being 4 years older then me, i felt like we looked like a bunch of kids when we went out together. people actully asked us if we were related/ twins because we both had blonde hair and green eyes. the other guy was very sensitive and caring, a big turn on... however he never stood up for anything. like many people have already put, it makes me feel a certain way to be with a bigger broader taller stronger man. however i believe the personality of the individual is also a factor.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Personally I've always liked taller guys, but I'm not gonna ignore a guy because he isn't super tall.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If you're being told that you are not as attractive because of your height, then you are looking for the wrong type of girl!

Not all of us are that shallow! :wink:
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    The same reason a woman's attractiveness is defined by her cup size.
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Dude, stop posting this lame question. It's been going on for two days now. You sound really insecure. I'm 5'8" and I do just fine.
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    I like looking up at a man.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    How attractive someone is or isn't depends largely on their personality. Someone who is total eye candy can ruin the illusion as soon as they open their mouth, if what's inside isn't attractive. :grumble:

I think part of the issue lies in a guys own opinion of his height. I have a friend who is an absolutely amazing guy. If he wasn't like a brother to me, I'd totally want to date him. :blushing: He treats people amazingly well and dotes on someone he's dating like no one I've ever known. He's smart, funny, sweet and kind right through to his core. He's 5' 8" and he is ALWAYS complaining that he feels short and insignificant.

We all tend to do this - define ourselves by our shortcomings. I'd be much more attractive if I was thinner... so I've focused on my weight and got nowhere. Now that I've decided that, attractive or not, I want to be healthy, I'm having a MUCH easier time doing what I need to do.

Focus on your strengths and your goals and if someone doesn't see your value, then they don't deserve your time. Pass them by for someone who sees how great you really are. :flowerforyou: