More office pet peeves....

Options

Replies

• jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Receipt Confirmations on e-mails! So arrogant. Not only will i not send you a read receipt, I will now not respond to your email for at least 48 hours.

Our email system sends the receipts incognito. You don't even know you've sent it back. It's more like an "opened" receipt.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    *kitten* in the cubical.... they hate when I do this! :laugh: :drinker:
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Receipt Confirmations on e-mails! So arrogant. Not only will i not send you a read receipt, I will now not respond to your email for at least 48 hours.
    bahah.... that's so me. I cover for our receptionist sometimes when she goes to lunch, and one day I had agreed to do it so her bf could take her out. He got here early and apparently told her to "tell her [meaning me] to get her *kitten* down here", a message she stupidly passed on to me. I said: "I will now be ten minutes later than planned."

Honestly, if I had to keep all of the annoying little things people do that drive me nuts-- like leave the kitchen a nasty mess and take all calls on speakerphone at the phone's highest volume-- but some of my coworkers would suddenly get fully-functioning brains, I'd take the pet peeves in a heartbeat. I'd even do my very best to quit complaining about them. Glaring idiocy is by far the worst thing I'm forced to deal with every day.
  • jiddu17
    Options
    The office jargon slinger, we have one of these guys, everyday all day.
    Dial it in, throttle back on that, get your ducks in a row, drill down, synergize, let's precon (pre construction meeting), .....etc.

I had one that used "where the rubber meets the road" about 4 times per meeting. He was a runner, though, so I forgave him three times per meeting. The fourth time I would cut him off before he could finish.

Did I mention we had about two meetings per day, at least four days per week?
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i just thought of one that i forgot earlier...

people who deck out their offices/cubes/whatever as if its a nick-nack museum and/or make their personal space a cluttered sh-- hole. seriously, your collection of fuzzy pens, bobble heads, calendars, vendor toys, 13 photos of your dog, ect. and lack of organization with 47 post-it-notes everywhere, 20 thumb tacked documents and 12 inch high piles of papers/folders makes me want to slap you.
  • Stephie_lee
    Options
    i just thought of one that i forgot earlier...

people who deck out their offices/cubes/whatever as if its a nick-nack museum and/or make their personal space a cluttered sh-- hole. seriously, your collection of fuzzy pens, bobble heads, calendars, vendor toys, 13 photos of your dog, ect. and lack of organization with 47 post-it-notes everywhere, 20 thumb tacked documents and 12 inch high piles of papers/folders makes me want to slap you.

My summer student did this! Day 2 on the job I went to her cubicle and she had half a dozen figurines from a movie, personalized notebooks, a calendar and a wall full of 'inspirational quotes' hand writen on post it notes up. I've been here for 9 months and the only non-office thing I have is a candy jar (empty for the last 3 months)... because one of the guys in the office told me, "you're a girl, aren't you supposed to bring candy to work for us?"
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I just hate having to say do something more than once.
    Just do your job.
    First, I say it, then yell it, and if I have to address the issue a 3rd time, look out!
  • saamantha
    saamantha Posts: 74
    Options
    Or when they list who to contact in their absence. I contact the back up...the back up doesn't know how to do what I need. So I'm stuck waiting for the original person to return from vacation anyway...

this.

This, plus, I always wonder a company functions when the original contact provides a back-up who is also on Vaca.

Are you kidding me?
  • jiddu17
    Options
    1) Caught onto a girl (a very good friend of mine) who DIDN'T wash her hands after using the bathroom. Then would grab part of my lunch with those same hands. I started just putting some on a plate for her instead of telling her she was grossing me the hell out.
    2) Are all of the nail clipper people men? There was that one woman back there with the daily manicures, and I sometimes have to file to fix a nail.... but my neighbor clips constantly and it is gross. I don't care where you're putting it. I've asked him why he doesn't do it at home and it has something to do with how much his time is worth.
    3) One girl who grocery shops and stores her perishables in our countertop fridge when there are three full size fridges one floor up.
    4) People who leave for lunch and then come back an hour later and eat at their desk, browsing the internet for the latest celebrity gossip.
    5) Climbing, scratching and stabbing me in the back to get my job.
    6) (as previously stated in another Reply) using the Subject line of an email to convey the entire message. I wish they would have a cap on characters count.
    7) Sniffers. People who sniff all day (Allergies, Nasal Spray addiction, Cocaine users)
    8) Asking my opinion and then arguing how I am wrong.
    9) Cryers. Stop doing this about work stuff. And if you're fighting with your significant other, cry outside.
    10) Working with women, in general, is my least favorite job. And, yes, I am female. There are just a LOT of women who cause drama more than those who attempt positivity in every single place I have ever worked.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Filing your nails when it sounds like a sand blaster, from the next cube.

Gossiping for hours in the next cube while I am busy working.

One Uppers. " Oh you went to the Cape for the 4th? I went to Bora Bora on a catamaran." STFU.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Options
    1) Caught onto a girl (a very good friend of mine) who DIDN'T wash her hands after using the bathroom. Then would grab part of my lunch with those same hands. I started just putting some on a plate for her instead of telling her she was grossing me the hell out.
    2) Are all of the nail clipper people men? There was that one woman back there with the daily manicures, and I sometimes have to file to fix a nail.... but my neighbor clips constantly and it is gross. I don't care where you're putting it. I've asked him why he doesn't do it at home and it has something to do with how much his time is worth.
    3) One girl who grocery shops and stores her perishables in our countertop fridge when there are three full size fridges one floor up.
    4) People who leave for lunch and then come back an hour later and eat at their desk, browsing the internet for the latest celebrity gossip.
    5) Climbing, scratching and stabbing me in the back to get my job.
    6) (as previously stated in another Reply) using the Subject line of an email to convey the entire message. I wish they would have a cap on characters count.
    7) Sniffers. People who sniff all day (Allergies, Nasal Spray addiction, Cocaine users)
    8) Asking my opinion and then arguing how I am wrong.
    9) Cryers. Stop doing this about work stuff. And if you're fighting with your significant other, cry outside.
    10) Working with women, in general, is my least favorite job. And, yes, I am female. There are just a LOT of women who cause drama more than those who attempt positivity in every single place I have ever worked.

This is a great list! Especially, #4, but those people go for liquid lunch and think they get away with it. Oh I know, #5 and #10. Couldn't not agree more. They cause drama as their full time job.
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That person who...oh wait, never mind, I work from my home 95% of the time. :devil:
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My co-workers. Let me introduce them to you.... "Gloom, "Doom" and "Despair". Two conspiracy theorists and one guy who is so depressed I want to slit his wrists for him.

I got the same guy! He is always thinking the world is plotting against him, and then he got turned down for a higher position and was totally in HR complaining!
    And then the chick who sits behind (in a 4 seat cube) who has the drama life from decisions she makes out of selfishness and then ends up trying to dig herself out.... every single day!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The office hyena...you know who I mean. That person who cackles at anything & everything...and feels the need to do so at ear piercing decibel levels.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRg1-mlCaLNqXl4Fv03BbpFttED4Nej0mghD9gOEjvDAHwAr7Avw
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    1) The office girls who make comments about my "finnicky" eating habits. It's not "finnicky" ladies, just because I have decided to eat chicken breast and baby spinach instead of fast food. LOL

2) Nosy people.

3) Gossip

4) AAAnd everyone else who isn't perfect and non-annoying like me :bigsmile:
  • alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    Options
    No one in my office really irks me and it's a pretty big, quiet floor with lots of cubicles. That is really making me worry that I am the annoying one....
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

THIS X100 .

Women are nothing but drama in the work place, not all but a majority, much easier to work with one then a bunch of them it usually turns into high school. Guys have their drama too, but women can start so much negative crap it's unreal, and there is always someone they gang up against (justified or not). We have gotten rid of 3 of the worst offenders this year and everything is so much better however remaining women, have started searching for next victim.

And I'm female too. But HATE drama!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Options
    The office hyena...you know who I mean. That person who cackles at anything & everything...and feels the need to do so at ear piercing decibel levels.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRg1-mlCaLNqXl4Fv03BbpFttED4Nej0mghD9gOEjvDAHwAr7Avw

^FTW!
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options

THIS X100 .

Women are nothing but drama in the work place, not all but a majority, much easier to work with one then a bunch of them it usually turns into high school. Guys have their drama too, but women can start so much negative crap it's unreal, and there is always someone they gang up against (justified or not). We have gotten rid of 3 of the worst offenders this year and everything is so much better however remaining women, have started searching for next victim.

And I'm female too. But HATE drama!

I used to do ad-hoc tech support at an office owned but a male lawyer that had 27 female employees. He only worked 9-12 in the office and the rest of the time at home. I used to wonder why it was till I had to spend 2 days listening to these women, really,

can there be that much drama,
    for all of you,
    all of the time,
    that you have to tell everyone,
    and then call your friends,
    and then have some more drama.

Thank god for the invention of remote support services!!!!!
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    The Teflon coated contractor who spends all day bragging about how much she earns ( she is so not worth £450 a day !), tries to get everyone else to do her work for her and then leaves 3 hours before the rest of us :grumble:

The guy who doesn't show his face until 10.30 every day leaves at 17:10 on the dot and whines he has way to much work to do to deliver anything on time :explode:

ANYONE I hear sniveling "But it's not my job ", hell half the stuff I do isn't my job but we have a service to deliver so shape up or find another role !!

And finally .... people who come to the office when they are sick...spread their germs to everyone and do nothing other than moan on about how sick they are STAY HOME !! I don't want to hear about what ever it is you have and I certainly don't want to catch it and if you have to be here then do some goddamn work !!

Other than that I love my team :bigsmile: