Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    close to 6ft here... ive been told its more of a perceived security thing ... something about being able to rest their head against our chest and being able to wrap our arms around them... IDK... just what ive been told
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I classify it like some people think brown eyes are pretty or blue eyes. It's a preference. I'm attracted to someone who is taller than me. My boyfriend is nearly 6 ft. I'm a bit over 5 ft.
    However it isn't a make or break type deal, I would have loved him the same regardless of height.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It's not. Two words: Peter Dinklage *_*
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Height is not something that is too crucial! I dated someone a bit shorter than me, I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't wear heels but then again if I wear them I tower over most guys anyways. I think that everyone goes off of physical appearance at first, but I don't go stand next to someone and say, "I'm sorry, you're too short for me." I have been told that I need to have someone that has some muscles, just because I would break a scrawny person, and I want someone that can pick me up and toss me around! LMAO
  • GeekMom17
    GeekMom17 Posts: 51
    Options
    When you are short (I'm 5'3) no matter how pregnant or much weight I gain (Well, at a point it would matter) I still look petite next to them. I like a good foot difference between us!
  • bboop1177
    bboop1177 Posts: 1
    Options
    It depends on the woman I guess. I am attracted to shorter men! I have been happily married to a man who is the same height as me for 13 years! We are 5.5"
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Im screwed and not in a good way
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Men who are 5’ 9”:

Johnny Depp, Robert Redford, Ryan Seacrest, Robert De Niro, Tom Cruise, Richard Gere, Eminem, Greg Kinnear, Tony Danza, Usher, Chris Rock, Michael C. Hall (star of Dexter), Jon Bon Jovi, Jack Nicholson, Rob Thomas (lead singer of Matchbox Twenty), Naveen Andrews (Sayid on LOST)

Yup. Height would explain why these guys all have trouble attracting women.

Which famous people are the same height as you? http://www.celebheights.com/s/compare.php
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i only read the OP's message, but here's my response:

1. a woman doesn't want to have to look down or bend down to kiss a man. there's a sense of potection that comes with a man being taller/bigger than the woman, which is a primal desire.

2. speaking of primal... we're "hard wired" to be attracted to mates that will produce the most robust offspring. height is an indication of that.

i mean no offense to anyone, but its simply instinctual.
  • curlszz
    curlszz Posts: 4
    Options
    My husband is 5'3. I never even thought of him as short until someone pointed it out to me. I have always just thought of him as hot.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    The same silly reason why some men are attracted to short small girls… If you find yourself attractive that’s all that matters…

This for sure!!! I'm 5'9" and a bigger girl--It's my own insecurity that makes me feel better if the guy is taller than me. But I have dated (and been in love with) guys the same height or slightly under as me too.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0", and prefer men taller than me, I love tall men. My sweetie is 6'4", and oh how I love him. lol
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    One word................. .NO!!!!!!!! its kinda how most men like a girl who is shorter than them, Im 5'7" and my husband is just shy of 6ft. . I love looking up to him even though its not much. however** Ive seen several attractive men under 6ft like 5'7" or more. Its about confidence and preferences....and of course if they are funny- thats a plus! I do wish I was like 5'4" But i dont think a womens attractivness is defined by her height either....
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I don't "define" attractiveness soley on height however, I don't want to be with a man who I can't wear my stilettos when we go out. I am 5'5" and prefer a man to be at least 5'9 1/2". Yes, I had to add the half...lol.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9 male who I think is fairly attractive but was told that I would be much more attractive if I was only 6 ft tall. Ladies, why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height? Why is height soooo important to women
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I like looking up at a man.

my kinda girl.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and honestly i know I am sexy just the way i am. Sure who wouldn't want to be 7'0 and make 15 million and play in the NBA..but hey unless I grown another 15 inches its not happening. It's a preference and some people like tall dudes, some dudes like short women etc.
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just because a guy is short doesn't mean i find him unattractive but it does probably mean i won't date him. I am 5'8 and i have some hang up's about my height. I like to feel small/short so that helps if the guy i am with is at least 6 feet. I just don't want to be looking down at my boyfriend. It makes me feel big. I like looking up at a guy.

No offence to women who are taller and date short men. If it works for you that's good.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I've dated plenty of guys who were just a little shorter than me or my height exactly...I'm not sure why it matters to some girls! I mean I think I'd feel strange with a guy who was like 5'5", but height isn't really a deal breaker for me..
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    To each it's own... The first thing I see when I look at a man is his height! People are attracted to different things. I wouldn't get offended if a guy didn't want to date me because of my height... clearly he's not the guy for me. So OP... the women that say that to you, aren't the ones for you. Your height will not be a factor when the right one comes along!