More office pet peeves....

Options

Replies

• PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    When I give my director a document to edit, he licks his fingers before turning each page and after he's done editing the document, he hands it back to me! Ewww! :sick:
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    People who bring their babies to the office to show them off. These children are too young to do anything but crap, puke, and scream at the top of their little lungs. But these new moms insist that they bring them in so everyone can fawn over them. Grats, you had a baby. The office is happy for you (I don't really care, myself). But it's really hard to concentrate on getting anything done when your spawn is screaming in my ear.

(No, I don't have kids yet. Yes, I'm aware that my opinion is not very...popular. *Dons flame retardant suit*)

thisssss^

They're young. They're not used to strange people crowded around them, or holding them, etc.... So then they get fussy, and then the screaming starts.... I'm glad you are all on lunch/break, but I'm not and trying to work. It's fine and dandy you brought your kid to show off, but at least take it to the cafeteria or someplace that's not where others are trying to concentrate and work.

(and also annoying when said kid is fussing and mommy/other people think it's just sooooo cute, so are still standing around for another 20 mins while the kid's having a fit, and all while people around them are trrying to work.)
  • alyja09
    alyja09 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh let me count the ways my cubicle neighbor bugs me...

1. Listens to annoying music all day with no headphones
    2. Eats lunch at his desk everyday and makes disgusting sounds while doing so
    3. Watches cartoons when my boss is out of the office
    4. Makes personal calls at his desk (even to his doctor about his frequent bowel movements)
    5. Burps and farts in his office with just a "pardon me" afterward

Needless to say, I'm looking for a new job.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i just thought of one that i forgot earlier...

people who deck out their offices/cubes/whatever as if its a nick-nack museum and/or make their personal space a cluttered sh-- hole. seriously, your collection of fuzzy pens, bobble heads, calendars, vendor toys, 13 photos of your dog, ect. and lack of organization with 47 post-it-notes everywhere, 20 thumb tacked documents and 12 inch high piles of papers/folders makes me want to slap you.

You would loathe my desk...and I mean hate with the white hot intensity of 1,000 suns...I have 5 Transformers, 3 rubber ducks, a sh!tload of stuffed animals, 5 Hot Wheels (including Grave Digger & Airborne Ranger), a slinky, a Mardi Gras mask, a Star Wars fighter...and of course, a ton of pix of my kids and a museum of their artwork.

My desk is surprisingly organized though.

<b> Everything has a place.</b>

correct, and that place is not your work desk.

:)

sorry, but you're right, i would hate your work space. i would probably talk about it behind your back.
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    some of these have me hysterical in the workplace...

I'm sure I'm annoying loud laugher in the back .... (haaaa)

But, i want to kill the girl who says "Cool Beans" but abreviates it "KB" sometimes...
    and says it at least 10 times in the first hour I'm here

GOING TO KILL HER WITH HER FLIPPIN" BEANS !!! They will be KILLER BEANS before ya know it
    errrrr
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's actually out in front of the office but the people from the office next door just came and parked so it reminded me of this thread.

There is limited parking and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. they park their car, they park crooked so that at least one wheel is in the space next to theirs. LEARN HOW TO PARK!!!!!

I even took a picture right now.

photo.jpg
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I don't work in the office very often but a few things do annoy me:

1. People who reply to EVERYONE on the email instead of just the sender. Especially if the email went out the entire office group and now u have to receive 20 individual replies from everyone who is responding to the whole group.

2. I have a co-worker who smacks his food, sings, chews gum, slurps his drinks ALL DAY LONG.

3. People who feel they have to come around and speak to each person every morning. Just one general hello will suffice.

4. People ALWAYS checking out what you wear to see if you are breaking the dress code.

5. People who bring the same dish to every office potluck knowing no one is going to eat it LOL.

6. People who take up the entire office fridge with their lunches for the week.
  • doriyoung
    doriyoung Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a story. We have a guy here in our office who I'll call Pete. Pete brough a whole pallet of wheat grass to work once. He also brought a juicer. Pete made wheat grass juice right there at his desk every morning. One day, Pete decided it would be nice to add some flavor, so he added two HUGE garlic cloves to the juicer. The first couple of minutes after this, people were running out of the area with watering eyes. The next few hours, people were going home with stomach aches. The next few weeks, there was nothing you could do to get the smell of garlic out of your nose. It molecularly bonded to the cubicle fabric.

Pete will never live this down.

This is just one Pete story. He's infamous for this stuff.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Or when they list who to contact in their absence. I contact the back up...the back up doesn't know how to do what I need. So I'm stuck waiting for the original person to return from vacation anyway...

Or when the "back up" is also out . . . gee, that really instills confidence in the company you're attempting to work with, huh? :huh:
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It's actually out in front of the office but the people from the office next door just came and parked so it reminded me of this thread.

There is limited parking and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. they park their car, they park crooked so that at least one wheel is in the space next to theirs. LEARN HOW TO PARK!!!!!

photo.jpg
    Ha! I saw a great photo on Pinterest, where they outlined a "special" new parking space (in sidewalk chalk) just for that car, and wrote something funny about the person's parking. I vowed to keep sidewalk chalk in my car for just that.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Ok we have confrence rooms and team rooms (like a conference room but you don't have to book them) everywhere and yet people need to walk 5 abreast down the hallways talking and walking maybe a half mile an hour and noone can get by them. Grab a conference room and get out of my way before I pee on you.
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    The person who microwaves their leftover fish for lunch....COME ON!!! Or the lady who eats at the front desk and gets crumbs all over the desk ad floor beneath her chair.....

Okay so i admit to eating at my front desk but I am neat and clean!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Most annoying
    The people who don't do the job they were hired to do, act mad when you follow up and have the nerve to tell you they are not in the mood to work today. Get over yourself.
  • avasano
    Options
    People that pee on the floor or on the toilet seat (or don't bother to flush) in the office women's bathroom. :(
    OMG That is nasty
  • avasano
    Options

photo.jpg
    I would put orange cones all around that damn car.... let them know they are stupid.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Public nail clipper guy....none of us wants to hear you clipping your nails, go to the bathroom or better yet...do it at home!

Thank you! A lady at my work does this-in the breakroom where we eat no less!!
  • shannond1980
    shannond1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    the "crop duster" ..you know the one ?? that guy who farts walking by your cube

I used to share an office with him, ugh :/
  • avasano
    Options
    Oh let me count the ways my cubicle neighbor bugs me...

1. Listens to annoying music all day with no headphones
    2. Eats lunch at his desk everyday and makes disgusting sounds while doing so
    3. Watches cartoons when my boss is out of the office
    4. Makes personal calls at his desk (even to his doctor about his frequent bowel movements)
    5. Burps and farts in his office with just a "pardon me" afterward

Needless to say, I'm looking for a new job.
    OMG we had a guy that did that, we got rid of him. Thank God.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have a story. We have a guy here in our office who I'll call Pete. Pete brough a whole pallet of wheat grass to work once. He also brought a juicer. Pete made wheat grass juice right there at his desk every morning. One day, Pete decided it would be nice to add some flavor, so he added two HUGE garlic cloves to the juicer. The first couple of minutes after this, people were running out of the area with watering eyes. The next few hours, people were going home with stomach aches. The next few weeks, there was nothing you could do to get the smell of garlic out of your nose. It molecularly bonded to the cubicle fabric.

Pete will never live this down.

This is just one Pete story. He's infamous for this stuff.

LOL...that's hilarious.
  • TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My cube neighbor always leaves his phone on his desk - and his ringtone is Billie Jean. FML!!!! It sticks that song in my head all day!!!! THERE IT GOES AGAIN!!!!

HA! We have one of those, but the ringtone isn't as awesome :)