More office pet peeves....

Options

Replies

• smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    There is one woman in my office who insists on talking to you from the next stall if you are in the bathroom at the same time! Drives me crazy!!!!! I mean really, when I am at home, it is next to impossible for me to go to the bathroom without my 14 month old being right there with me. But, I don't care if there are two stalls, do not come in, sit down next to me and attempt to start a conversation!

The other thing that drives me crazy is another woman who is overly descriptive about EVERYTHING!!!!! For example, she was out one day about 3 weeks ago. She comes back the next day, and literally at some point told everyone in the office, "I was sick yesterday. I had diarrhea. It was neon green. Do you think that is normal?" I mean really, come on! I don't care in any capacity when, where or how you crap! Much less what color it is! Nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG this all rolled into one lady.
    I dislike having conversations stall to stall, Unless your my child (chatter box) do not talk to me in the bathroom.
    She hears me come in and is like "Smiley is that (grunts)YOooU, I can tell by your shoes....grunts some more" I was litterally floored, turned around and walked out...She was chatting me up while taking a dump!:sick:
    Same lady also comes to work day after being sick a relays her night.....woke up and had really bad cramps Smiley, Had to rush to the bathroom, really bad diarrhea Smiley...So bad. Whooo it smelled up the place. I think its because I had a big glass of ovaltine before bed, Do you think that could be it....." FFS you do not need to tell me this!! i dont even want to know this about the ppl I live with!
    she says 2 yrs until she retires.....i hope they give her a buy out and its sooner...
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    OMG I spent five years sitting next to a guy that does all these annoying things you all are listing!!! For example:

Farting & burping - in front of his fan of course & loudly, even while on the phone doing business. I would have to leave my desk for 15 minutes - and if my boss caught me I would tell them exactly why I was unable to go back to my desk!

Super dirty- Been told he does not wash his hand in mens room, leaves a trail of coffee grounds in the kitchen break room and half the water ends up on the counter, his computer n keyboard have a think layer of crud on them even though we get new equiptment regularly. His cubicle wall is covered with food as if he uses it for a backboard and the garbage can is the basketball hoop - SPLAT!

King of TMI - I know everything about this man. From the planning of his vacation to his last colonoscopy . Oh lord, that was awful - I swear he said the word diarreah 10,000 times in two days - and why would you feel the need to tell ALL your coworkers that you CRAPPED YOUR PANTS!!!!! And of course I heard every story 10 times cuz he is on speaker phone all day making personal phone calls and telling the same gross stories!!!

The booger king - always sick, always sniffling back boogers into his head - get a tissue. "I just get every bug/cold that goes around. I don't understand" - Really dude? I do! Try washing your F-ing hands!!!!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    You'd hate mine too. Mine is completely organized and not messy in the least...but I have photos all over the place, my lovely "that was stupid" button, cartoon clippings, mini humidifier, cards etc all over the place. Way I look at it, I spend more time in my office than I do in my own home. So my office had damn well better be comfy and make me happy.
    i just thought of one that i forgot earlier...

people who deck out their offices/cubes/whatever as if its a nick-nack museum and/or make their personal space a cluttered sh-- hole. seriously, your collection of fuzzy pens, bobble heads, calendars, vendor toys, 13 photos of your dog, ect. and lack of organization with 47 post-it-notes everywhere, 20 thumb tacked documents and 12 inch high piles of papers/folders makes me want to slap you.

You would loathe my desk...and I mean hate with the white hot intensity of 1,000 suns...I have 5 Transformers, 3 rubber ducks, a sh!tload of stuffed animals, 5 Hot Wheels (including Grave Digger & Airborne Ranger), a slinky, a Mardi Gras mask, a Star Wars fighter...and of course, a ton of pix of my kids and a museum of their artwork.

My desk is surprisingly organized though.

<b> Everything has a place.</b>

correct, and that place is not your work desk.

:)

sorry, but you're right, i would hate your work space. i would probably talk about it behind your back.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Public nail clipper guy....none of us wants to hear you clipping your nails, go to the bathroom or better yet...do it at home!

Had it at my old job. changed jobs and guess what....Same thing there
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    OMG I spent five years sitting next to a guy that does all these annoying things you all are listing!!! For example:

Farting & burping - in front of his fan of course & loudly, even while on the phone doing business. I would have to leave my desk for 15 minutes - and if my boss caught me I would tell them exactly why I was unable to go back to my desk!

Super dirty- Been told he does not wash his hand in mens room, leaves a trail of coffee grounds in the kitchen break room and half the water ends up on the counter, his computer n keyboard have a think layer of crud on them even though we get new equiptment regularly. His cubicle wall is covered with food as if he uses it for a backboard and the garbage can is the basketball hoop - SPLAT!

King of TMI - I know everything about this man. From the planning of his vacation to his last colonoscopy . Oh lord, that was awful - I swear he said the word diarreah 10,000 in two days - and why would you feel the need to tell ALL your coworkers that you CRAPPED YOUR PANTS!!!!! And of course I heard every story 10 times cuz he is on speaker phone all day making personal phone calls and telling the same gross stories!!!

The booger king - always sick, always sniffling back boogers into his head - get a tissue. "I just get every bug/cold that goes around. I don't understand" - Really dude? I do! Try wasking your Fing hands!!!!

I laughed the entire time I read this.... Yes TMI people realllllllly do go quite overboard with the info !!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Oh this so makes me happy that I am self employed and my co-workers consist of 3 dogs and 2 cats! I hope I never have to work in an office environment again.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Years ago I worked in a rather small office ...... my desk was directly opposite the new service manager's desk ...... all day long that guy would stand while talking on the phone & be re-arranging his "package" ...... I mean, really ?????

After a day or two of that, I went to the big boss to ask that a partition be put up between the two desks ...... yes, I had to give a reason why ........

And I got my partition :laugh:
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    When peoples phone ring super loud and they aren't even in the office...

I go over and turn it down...and have to do this almost daily! ugh
  • Dis_in_te_Gration
    Options
    I hate when someone just walks up and starts talking to you or asks a question without saying excuse me or hey. If im not looking at you and working on somthing, just wait for me to engage you before assuming i have been twiddling my thumbs all day just for you to stop by and ask another stupid question. Thanks....lol
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    correct, and that place is not your work desk.

:)

sorry, but you're right, i would hate your work space. i would probably talk about it behind your back.

LOL...I don't mind :) I love my desk...it makes it feel less like prison to have all my knick knacks around. And the Transformers are a running gag here. Everyone knows they're off limits...they'll steal other stuff from my desk; but those have never been kidnapped ;)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Women in their 50s and 60s calling each other "girl". "Hey girl". "You go girl". "Girl, I love that skirt".
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I need an "out of my mind" setting :)

let's see. People on conferences using their speaker phone IN A CUBE!

Oh and that Nina chick from Corporate Accounts Payable. Damn she gets annoying! :)
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I needed this thread today!

1) When ladies talk on the phone in the bathroom stall when I'm trying to pee. I don't really care if you're on the phone, I'm flushing. I hope it does embarrass you.

2) Listening to the guy who clips his nails at his desk.

3) Listening to the guy who uses an electric razor at his desk.

4) Bimbo who wears 6 inch heels to work that must hurt her feet because because she's barefoot by 2 p.m. every day.

5) When bimbo mentioned above wears her 17 year old daughter's clothes. You are in your mid-fifties. Wearing a shirt that say's "sexy" across your chest is not appropriate office wear.

6) When same bimbo mentioned #4 and #5 wears dresses to work that are appropriate for Senior Prom. We are a casual office. Yay! We can wear jeans, take advantage.

7) When same bimbo mentioned #4, #5, and #6 wears so much perfume I can smell when she's entered the building.

8) When you email me, and then call me two seconds later to tell me you sent an email.

9) Popcorn. Everyday? Really? Are we 11?

10) I purposefully arranged all 3 of my 6 foot long desks into a labyrinth just so he DOESN'T come hover behind me when he needs to speak to me. It costs him 18 extra steps to walk behind my desk to talk. For the love of God (or whomever) why does he do this?

11) Yes, I have boobs. Yes, they are big. I promise you they won't talk back when you are speaking to me and staring at my chest, so, eyes up here buddy.

I am pretty sure that Bimbo you refer to is one of my sales reps..
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I also hate it when the boss interrupts my mfp-time to give me work to do.

^^ Yeah that!! Oh *kitten* here comes my boss
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Or when they list who to contact in their absence. I contact the back up...the back up doesn't know how to do what I need. So I'm stuck waiting for the original person to return from vacation anyway...

Or when you email the listed contact and then get THEIR out of office response, LOL.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    1) The one that gets me is the guy that always delegates his work over to me and then sits and reads Wikipedia all day. Did I mention that I am actually senior to him and the boss lets him do it anyway?

2) I have a sitting chair in the corner of my office for people to use while they talk with me. You had to pull it over to my desk to sit in it...why the hell can't you put it back where you got it from? Is it now in my job description to clean up after you?
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I hate people who sit in a cubicle and then have conference calls on speakerphone. I don't want to hear your conference call!! Pick up the phone or use a headset!

I also hate when people return from vacation and don't turn OFF their out of office message. I've literally gotten an Out of Offce message from someone who had returned to the office 2 weeks prior!

We also have the snoring guy at my office. He takes random naps throughout the day at his desk (in a cubicle) and snores LOUDLY. I usually call his phone to wake him up! LOL

I also hate when people email me and then call me 12 times afterwards. I purposely don't answer their call and then email them back. GIVE ME A MINUTE. Now you deserve to wait for me.

Then we have the women who throw their used toilet paper in the garbage can in the stall, instead of flushing it in the toilet. I don't want to see that or smell it, thank you.

I used to sit next to a guy who would eat lunch at his desk and kept saying MMMMMM really loud, plus chewing really loud. It made me want to throw up. (oh, and he got food poisoning one time, so he was dry heaving at his desk for an hour and refused to go to the bathroom or go home).
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I share a small office with one girl. She doesn't believe in silence. She has to share everyone's business with me.. hello I deleted facebook for a reason and No I don't care about your friends or their kids lives. She also has no secrets. She tells me everything all the time even other peoples personal business!! and she doesn't get the clue when I ignore her. Also waits until the moment when I am crazy busy to get me to look at pictures! I don't want to look at pictures of other peoples kids!!! I don't know these people!!! She also sneezes/ hiccups dramatically loud. and extends her sneezes! achooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiee!!!

She also handles all her personal business here. Any phone calls, bills she needs to pay, balancing check books.. the entire running of her home is done at work..
    She is talking right now as I type.. anyone have some duct tape??
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    There is one woman in my office who insists on talking to you from the next stall if you are in the bathroom at the same time! Drives me crazy!!!!! I mean really, when I am at home, it is next to impossible for me to go to the bathroom without my 14 month old being right there with me. But, I don't care if there are two stalls, do not come in, sit down next to me and attempt to start a conversation!

The other thing that drives me crazy is another woman who is overly descriptive about EVERYTHING!!!!! For example, she was out one day about 3 weeks ago. She comes back the next day, and literally at some point told everyone in the office, "I was sick yesterday. I had diarrhea. It was neon green. Do you think that is normal?" I mean really, come on! I don't care in any capacity when, where or how you crap! Much less what color it is! Nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG this all rolled into one lady.
    I dislike having conversations stall to stall, Unless your my child (chatter box) do not talk to me in the bathroom.
    She hears me come in and is like "Smiley is that (grunts)YOooU, I can tell by your shoes....grunts some more" I was litterally floored, turned around and walked out...She was chatting me up while taking a dump!:sick:
    Same lady also comes to work day after being sick a relays her night.....woke up and had really bad cramps Smiley, Had to rush to the bathroom, really bad diarrhea Smiley...So bad. Whooo it smelled up the place. I think its because I had a big glass of ovaltine before bed, Do you think that could be it....." FFS you do not need to tell me this!! i dont even want to know this about the ppl I live with!
    she says 2 yrs until she retires.....i hope they give her a buy out and its sooner...

I had a lady I worked with who would go into the bathroom and talk to the stalls and go down the line saying "No, not you, no, not you either.....now YOU! you need a good flushing!"
    Same lady believed in aliens :laugh:

I also had a guy who would turn nouns into verbs and vice versa. It doesn't sound really funny, but it was at a software company and he worked in tech support and he used to tell customers some wild *kitten*. "Yes sir, you can use terminal server to terminal into your server :huh: "Oh ya! It's database time!" We actually came out with a greatest hits of all his ridiculous quotes.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    someone in my office takes a dump at work, and I hate that...weirdo

I also do not want to hear you plan your social life, using the work phone, with your feet up on the desk, then complain to our boss that you are SO busy, you lazy *kitten* *kitten*..

man that feels better lol