WRAPPING MY WAIST IN CLING WRAP!! does it help?

Options

Replies

• shortiy2k2002
    Options
    Drinking more water is what helps. It eats the fat, so in essence you will lose inches. Tried it for a week did my measurements and its truth! Don't believe me? Try it!:smile:
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    - and exercised with it on as well.

You don't think the exercise had anything to do with fat loss rather than putting plastic all over yourself?

Weight loss alone isn't indicative of success. Fitness and a healthy body are.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone just needs to get some spanx.... LOL
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Actually Thermage and radiofrequency + lasers will "melt" celulite fat so, you can't really argue that heat doesn't get rid of fat (although I'm sure someone here will find a way). I'm pretty sure that those methods are like 10000x different than using cling wrap.

Actually, Thermage increases collagen production, which in turn, tightens skin. It doesn't melt anything.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    No, the only thing it will do is slim your pocket book paying for it.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    this is quite interesting arn't zaug pants meant to work on the same principle of creating more heat in an area especially with excercise which is meant to give you better results ?? So actually may not be just a myth lol

"Creating Heat" doesn't burn fat....a caloric deficit does. Otherwise I'd just aim my hair dryer at any fat I want gone.....
    haha! if only that would work.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    LoL. Just.....wow.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wrap it around your boobs, take a picture, and post it here. It's boobie Friday you know.

This is the correct answer ;)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I think you should wrap yourself completely and put yourself in a freezer....not only will you shrink, but you won't age anymore either...it's a total win win \m/

114174_340.jpg
  • placebomonkey
    placebomonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight, where does the lost body fat go?
    Answer
    from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
    To understand the answer, it helps to remember that fat is basically stored energy. Your body converts fat to usable energy for your muscles and other tissues through a series of complex metabolic processes. This causes your fat cells to shrink.

These metabolic activities also generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature, and waste products. These waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in your urine and SWEAT or exhaled from your lungs.

I.E. You can see why people may think this then

It can be excreted through sweat....sweating doesn't pull out fat....

You're missing the point just pointing out that you can see why people might think fat can be lost through sweat...I'm not saying it is or isnt just an interesting debate

No, I see the point. But it isn't a debate. Interesting debates on exercise don't contradict science. Giving any level of credence to things like this promotes dangerous behavior and just further muddies the waters for those looking for real information.

The diet/fitness industry has spent years marketing "quick-fixes" to (primarily) women. They think we are idiots with no desire to work hard or to actually understand the way our bodies work. I don't think it is helpful to try to find ways to justify things that have no basis in science and reason and...well, fact. They are nothing less than lies to sell products and they can have severe detrimental consequences.

I wasn't giving any level of anything lol just purely thought it was an interesting deba....... oops sorry I mean "discussion. I think people should be able to have a free opinion on here. I'm not claiming to be an expert on anything I'm just intersted like everyone else.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    So recently someone has told me to wrap surram wrap around my waist in order to sweat off inches? Will this work or be effective in dropping some inches ?

This reminds me of Mark Addy in that movie "The Full Monty".....he's sitting in the shed......belly wrapped in cling wrap.....eating a candy bar. Just pathetic.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Back in the 70's this was a service they offered at health clubs. I don't think it was cling wrap but same premise.
    It didn't catch on. I guess it was because it didn't work.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    this is totally what i was going to say lol i found it in a post a few months ago but i also saw this episode so...
    I watched an episode of 1000 ways to die and some guy died in a plastic fish suit because his body couldn't get the heat out by sweating and getting the air on his body to cool it down....sweating serves a purpose and putting something over you to make you do it more and something that doesn't allow air to contact the body when you're sweating is dangerous because your body can get overheated quite quickly without you even realizing it. I realize you're only putting the plastic wrap on your stomach but I'd stay clear of those plastic suits etc. because if the air isn't able to get to your body you're going to have a heatstroke.
  • SerinaK
    SerinaK Posts: 87
    Options
    I swear, this is like the 17th post on this I've seen here.

If it sounds stupid and ridiculous then it probably is. Jeez, people.

My thought exactly.
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    "Creating Heat" doesn't burn fat....a caloric deficit does. Otherwise I'd just aim my hair dryer at any fat I want gone.....

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SeveredCliche
    Options
    It's not to "sweat it out"..... What it does to your skin is exactly what it does to hemorrhoids. It constricts the tissue. It is only a temporary fix, though and not intended for permanent inch loss. It's a quick fix if you need to fit into a dress for a special occasion, but it's just a little snug around the tummy area. If done too often though, it will reduce your skins natural elasticity.
  • pikachuFL
    pikachuFL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will keep you fresh all day and keep out those pesky refrigerator odors. Plus, you're ready to go straight into the microwave!
  • griz3232
    Options
    This is a temporary solution. I have done it but I rubbed some on around stomach, lovehandles and back. Then I put on my sweat belt and slept in it overnight got up the next morning worked out and when I got home and and measured I had lost almost a inch and a half. but be warned it only last for about 12 hours and my skin itched like crazy once I took it off.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Oh come on, use some logic for goodness sakes.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My brother used to have to sleep wrapped up in Saran Wrap for his eczema. Oh, wait, am I in the wrong thread ?