Would you be offended...

Options

Replies

• lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i can see why this might offend someone. but, honestly, I would be more offended if i lost weight & felt sexy as #uck & my man wasn't attracted to me & didnt want anything to do with me.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I would be offended if my significant other decided to lose control and become unhealthy, and then demand the same attraction.

I would not expect someone to stay attracted to me if I became obese. This is why I'm going from obese to normal.

This may sound shallow, but its more about being healthy, confident and not self loathing. Who can love me if I hate myself.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    P.S. it's not just men that like to see good looking bodies, so let's not throw the blame on dudes, mmmkay?
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    No I would not be offended.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think a distinction needs to be made between loving and caring for your partner (the emotional level of your relationship) and sexual attraction (the physical level of your relationship). A person can love and care for you, emotionally commit to you fully and completely, and dedicate time everyday to making you feel happy and accepted and generally enjoy spending time with you.

But that doesn't mean that you necessarily push their sexy time buttons. You shouldn't feel put of if, upon dropping a ton of pounds and generally becoming a more fit person, Your partner is more turned on by you. And Likely, You'll feel more turned on because you'll feel more confident in yourself and, lets face it, you'll be in better shape for better sex.

My two cents (and the only opinion from a guy in this thread, apparently.)

^ True that.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Nothing quite like seeking out misery...........sheesh.
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would completely understand it.

I mean, when I think about myself being thinner I think I will be prettier. I like myself now, but I know losing weight will make me more confident and that shows. If I like myself thinner, why wouldn't my partner do it too?

It would be different if you told me he didn't like you before, when you were ticker, but feeling more attracted to a newer (and let's be honest, better) version of you is not offensive in my opinion. He loves the person you are, but he can appreciate the way you look.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet it isn't just the weight loss he is attracted to. It's probably your new attitude as well. Confidence, take charge-ness, etc...

Being 50 pounds lighter has a lot more benefits than just visual. Plus, you'll be able to physically do new things which I bet he likes...:bigsmile:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I think a distinction needs to be made between loving and caring for your partner (the emotional level of your relationship) and sexual attraction (the physical level of your relationship). A person can love and care for you, emotionally commit to you fully and completely, and dedicate time everyday to making you feel happy and accepted and generally enjoy spending time with you.

But that doesn't mean that you necessarily push their sexy time buttons. You shouldn't feel put of if, upon dropping a ton of pounds and generally becoming a more fit person, Your partner is more turned on by you. And Likely, You'll feel more turned on because you'll feel more confident in yourself and, lets face it, you'll be in better shape for better sex.

My two cents (and the only opinion from a guy in this thread, apparently.)

^^^THIS^^^ is the best comment here.
    Yep...another woman here agreeing with this post. Drives me nuts when women get all up in arms about this topic.

I wouldn't be super attracted to my husband if he gained 50 lbs...so why shouldn't I hold myself to that that same standard? The love would still be there...but attraction is another story!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    more sex=bad? :noway: :noway: :noway:

plus with weight loss comes added available positions.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wait, this is happening for people? I need in on this!
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth on this. The fat girl in me would have her feelings hurt. I should be loved no matter what size.

But lets be honest- when you lose weight you feel better, LOOK better and have more confidence. What is not to love? I know that I would be more attracted to my husband at a fit state rather than an unhealthy state.

I know my husband LOVES me through thick and thin (pun intended). If he doesn't find me more attractive when I lose more than I will be offended!!!!

THIS! My GF loved me when I was 375 and she loves me now. BUT...I enjoy her looking at me and checking me out all of the time now. =)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I lol at everyone in here that said yes. physical attraction has nothing to do with love......And let's be honest.....unless they have some sort of weird fetish they will think you are more attractive skinnier.......Fat is not sexy......Just how it is. Doesn't mean they love you any less/more.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Also, my personal experience - I am really mean and stressed and I hate myself when I'm fat. I'm hard to be around. With the weight loss, go my negative traits. Of course people like me more fit.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

You make me swoon.
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    10 years ago after the birth of my son, I lost over 50 pounds and was in THE best shape of my life. Never once did my husband encourage me, give me compliments or act more attracted to me. He is now my ex husband.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Shoot I am more attracted to me after I lost weight. No offence would be taken :-)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Can we not man-bash and just bang some more!!:flowerforyou:
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Shoot I am more attracted to me after I lost weight. No offence would be taken :-)

Haha!! Awesome!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

And deeper...just sayin'!!