OMG this model has the most perfect bod!

Options

Replies

• CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    In the modeling world, Kate Upton is "fat".

In the modeling world this is sought after. Sad but true.

katemossg.jpg

She looks starved half to death

Give this lady a triple cheeseburger and a large choc shake QUICK!! lol
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options

katemossg.jpg

to each his own but that image makes me sick. i know models are supposed to look like hangers and thats why they are so skinny, but these women dont help with body image considering sources like skinny girl or whatever it is called, said shes fat. thats a fat i wouldnt mind to be.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    "Overweight" is a medical category. It's really not about preferences in appearance. It's about a healthy body weight and fat percentage for a particular height, frame-size, and age.

She has a higher body fat percentage than you personally like or consider attractive, and that's fine; you are welcome to that opinion. However, your preferences don't make her "overweight". We MFPers actually can't classify someone as overweight without knowing their stats and stating which medically/scientifically accepted classification we are using (Example: BMI, bodyfat percentage, etc...).

Again... even if she's pushing closer to 25%-30% bodyfat, as a woman of reproductive age, that puts her in the 'healthy' range.

And yes, I'm arguing semantics... but hey... semantics matter to me.

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking but put better. IMO to call her "overweight" or even "over fat" , objective terms, when you mean "not ideal," a subjective judgement serves to perpetuate body image stereotypes that are damaging.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    reblog-if-you-eat-more-than-usual-when-you-are-anxious_732.gif
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    good granny look at those hoo has

I want her hoohaas!

Me too!

I've got hoo has, but they never look like THAT! I'm gonna have to stop in and find out Vikkie's Secret!

So much debate about standards of beauty! The media eats this stuff for breakfast and then regurgitates it to us. We have to really stop looking at the news and ads and accept that healthy and happy is beautiful, whether it's a size 0 or size 14. After that, we're just splitting hairs.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I just came here to tell everyone I laughed out loud when I read people estimating her body fat to 25+%.

In fact I am still laughing.

Do you know what 25% looks like on a woman? It's a lot different than 25% on a man.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

katemossg.jpg

Give this lady a triple cheeseburger and a large choc shake QUICK!! lol

STAT!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful but in all honesty she is a little bit chubby (not fat but definitely a little overweight). That doesn't detract from her beauty though. :)

I seriously doubt she's even the tiniest bit overweight. She probably falls squarely in the healthy weight range. I am not good at guessing body fat percentage, but I'd guess she's in a perfectly healthy body fat range too. 20% maybe? I don't know. But overweight/cubby? No way.

I just disagree. When I look at her waist and the composition of her body I'm pretty sure she's pushing a higher then healthy body fat percentage. But, like I said, she's still beautiful. :) And besides, don't pictures add a few pounds?

"Overweight" is a medical category. It's really not about preferences in appearance. It's about a healthy body weight and fat percentage for a particular height, frame-size, and age.

She has a higher body fat percentage than you personally like or consider attractive, and that's fine; you are welcome to that opinion. However, your preferences don't make her "overweight". We MFPers actually can't classify someone as overweight without knowing their stats and stating which medically/scientifically accepted classification we are using (Example: BMI, bodyfat percentage, etc...).

Again... even if she's pushing closer to 25%-30% bodyfat, as a woman of reproductive age, that puts her in the 'healthy' range.

And yes, I'm arguing semantics... but hey... semantics matter to me.

:) You're right. We can't classify her as overweight. That's just how she looks to me, doesn't mean that's what she actually is. I dunno, maybe it's just a bad picture or maybe all the pictures of super fit models floating around here for 'inspiration' have skewed my lens. Who knows. No big deal though. Pictures are just pictures and they rarely capture a person's true image.
  • boopboopadoop
    Options
    She is beautiful but in all honesty she is a little bit chubby (not fat but definitely a little overweight). That doesn't detract from her beauty though. :)

Hate to sound pathetic but this comment made me cry a little. I people think she's fat what must they think of me? I'm a similar size to her, if not a little bigger. Sniff :(
  • andric1
    andric1 Posts: 23
    Options
    I just came here to tell everyone I laughed out loud when I read people estimating her body fat to 25+%.

Do you know what 25% looks like on a woman? It's a lot different than 25% on a man.

No I'm a virgin and play video games. Please tell me.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Here. To clear up the confusion. This is what 25% looks like on a woman:
    http://www.leighpeele.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/body-fat-percentage-pictures-female.jpg

According to the internet anyway.
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options

I agree.

i agree also :bigsmile:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Kate Upton is beautiful exactly the way she is.

Kate Moss needs a few Twinkies.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Kate Upton is beautiful exactly the way she is.

Kate Moss needs a few Twinkies.

There are many more beautiful figures in between these 2. I just want to call that out. Of course, to each their own. :)
  • Ray50296
    Ray50296 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree, she is gorgeous! :love:
    Yes She Is!:smile:
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    For those calling her fat, crazy! She's gorgeus and has an amazing body. And read this online..

"“Since the first day I met her, she wanted to come in and change the industry by saying curves are sexy,” Gelband says. “She’s such a great role model for all the young girls out there.”"
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    There is no way she's 5'10" and 125lbs. I'm 5'9" and 160lbs. I probably have 10lbs more muscle than she does, maybe the same amount of fat (probably a little less). So I'd guess she's 150-160 lbs.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    There is no way she's 5'10" and 125lbs. I'm 5'9" and 160lbs. I probably have 10lbs more muscle than she does, maybe the same amount of fat (probably a little less). So I'd guess she's 150-160 lbs.

What? she's only 125lb? No Way!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Kate Upton is absolutely beautiful! I too think she is "perfect".
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be another joke thread with a car posted or something.

"This model has the most perfect bod!"

ford-model-t-1a.jpg

:smile: