OMG this model has the most perfect bod!

Options

Replies

• sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I certainly can appreciate her beauty, but I think so many of us on this site are looking for our own ideal and making that comparison when looking at photos depicting "perfection." Some of us have goals to look "hot" or "sexy;" some of us want/need to lose weight for medical reasons; others are trying to achieve a fitness goal or milestone. Those of us women in the last category are going to look at women's bodies with respect to their functionality rather than their necessary "hotness."

Most men would probably prefer her body type to the exclusion of almost any other- hence the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover (which certainly isn't geared toward women.)

Those of us training with the goal of strength, or endurance, or completing some physical challenge will simply look at her and say "she can't run that marathon, she can't climb that mountain." In my case, it's "I'll never be able to successfully do the funky monkey" and get through 12 miles of that and other obstacles (Tough Mudders and Mudders-in Training know what I'm tailing about) unless I am stronger than she appears in that photo.

I don't think it's general "hate"- $h!t, I think she looks amazing- but that body won't work for me and my goals.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful but in all honesty she is a little bit chubby (not fat but definitely a little overweight). That doesn't detract from her beauty though. :)

I wish I was this chubby! :wink:

Honestly? Me too!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I certainly can appreciate her beauty, but I think so many of us on this site are looking for our own ideal and making that comparison when looking at photos depicting "perfection." Some of us have goals to look "hot" or "sexy;" some of us want/need to lose weight for medical reasons; others are trying to achieve a fitness goal or milestone. Those of us women in the last category are going to look at women's bodies with respect to their functionality rather than their necessary "hotness."

Most men would probably prefer her body type to the exclusion of almost any other- hence the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover (which certainly isn't geared toward women.)

Those of us training with the goal of strength, or endurance, or completing some physical challenge will simply look at her and say "she can't run that marathon, she can't climb that mountain." In my case, it's "I'll never be able to successfully do the funky monkey" and get through 12 miles of that and other obstacles (Tough Mudders and Mudders-in Training know what I'm tailing about) unless I am stronger than she appears in that photo.

I don't think it's general "hate"- $h!t, I think she looks amazing- but that body won't work for me and my goals.

Well said. I could not have said better!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Okay... I'm thinking people don't like the word chubby and take offense to the word overweight.

In my world chubby does not mean fat.
    Overweight does not mean ugly.

I apologize if I offended people by using such horrible, horrible words but to me they're not bad.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Okay... I'm thinking people don't like the word chubby and take offense to the word overweight.

I apologize if I offended people by using such horrible, horrible words but to me they're not bad.

I got what you meant and agree with you. She's not skinny or very fit, but not fat either. Chubby is perfect to describe her to me. :)
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    She looks even better in a "paint bikini" ! Complements of a GQ magazine shoot.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    She's "fat" to the media because she has curves! Just like Kim K gets called fat! She's got a beautiful body and her curves are KICKIN'! But sure next to girls that are 5'10 and 100lbs she looks "fat." But who wouldn't?
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    In the modeling world, Kate Upton is "fat".

In the modeling world this is sought after. Sad but true.

katemossg.jpg
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options

I am not *offended* by your perception, but I do think you need to give your head a shake if you think that woman is overweight. "Overweight" has an objective medical definition, and she is no where even remotely close to reaching that line. What does it take to not be overweight in your mind? 0% body fat? This is a severely body-dysmorphic perception.

And to the person who said she's just not very fit, dude, dysmorphia again. She has clearly defined muscles with just a hint of softness overlaying them.

I am chubby. This model is slim without dipping into the disordered range of skinny.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful but in all honesty she is a little bit chubby (not fat but definitely a little overweight). That doesn't detract from her beauty though. :)

I seriously doubt she's even the tiniest bit overweight. She probably falls squarely in the healthy weight range. I am not good at guessing body fat percentage, but I'd guess she's in a perfectly healthy body fat range too. 20% maybe? I don't know. But overweight/cubby? No way.

I just disagree. When I look at her waist and the composition of her body I'm pretty sure she's pushing a higher then healthy body fat percentage. But, like I said, she's still beautiful. :) And besides, don't pictures add a few pounds?

"Overweight" is a medical category. It's really not about preferences in appearance. It's about a healthy body weight and fat percentage for a particular height, frame-size, and age.

She has a higher body fat percentage than you personally like or consider attractive, and that's fine; you are welcome to that opinion. However, your preferences don't make her "overweight". We MFPers actually can't classify someone as overweight without knowing their stats and stating which medically/scientifically accepted classification we are using (Example: BMI, bodyfat percentage, etc...).

Again... even if she's pushing closer to 25%-30% bodyfat, as a woman of reproductive age, that puts her in the 'healthy' range.

And yes, I'm arguing semantics... but hey... semantics matter to me.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    MY NEW INSPIRATION = Model Kate Upton !!!! Cant believe the media is calling her FAT! And saying horrible things about her, shes sooooooo beautiful!

upton.jpg
    Now that is hot! No doubt. Screw the media. -Ava
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy if I looked like that!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

:noway: Are you flipping kidding me?? She is not chubby or overweight by any means. I see a perfectly healthy body.

This is what is wrong with our society. This is seen as "fat" I don't think so. Don't get me wrong people that truly are overweight hide behind the 'curves' excuse way too much but this chic is certainly not fat or chubby.

SMDH
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    good granny look at those hoo has

I want her hoohaas!

thats a push up bra somewhat. thats victorias secret how that bra can make them look like that haha. i think shes absolutely beautiful
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    good granny look at those hoo has

I want her hoohaas!

Me too!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    while she *is* beautiful, she's only considered overweight by the modeling industry. in real life, she's fantastic. HOWEVER. i'd rather have a fit, muscular, toned body like one of our very own: spnluver83!!!!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    In the modeling world, Kate Upton is "fat".

In the modeling world this is sought after. Sad but true.

katemossg.jpg

She looks starved half to death
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    Holy yummy with a capitol Y at the original post, that skinny one up top not so much.....
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

chub·by (chb)
    adj. chub·bi·er, chub·bi·est
    Rounded and plump. Larger than normal See Synonyms at fat.

o·ver·weight (vr-wt)
    adj.
    Weighing more than is normal, necessary, or allowed, especially having more body weight than is considered normal or healthy for one's age or build.
    n. (vr-wt)

They both imply a person needs to lose weight, so if you dont think a person needs to lose weight then dont use those words. And yes when women and especially girls hear these terms they do take it to heart and sometimes go out of their way to lose weight, OR they just continue on with a horrible self image and esteem about themselves.
  • andric1
    andric1 Posts: 23
    Options
    I just came here to tell everyone I laughed out loud when I read people estimating her body fat to 25+%.

In fact I am still laughing.