Would you be offended...

Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Nope. Love and attraction are not the same thing. They can love you no matter what, but let's face it, healthy and confident is more attractive than the alternative.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    If your significant other was more attracted to you after you lost weight? Like you lost 50 pounds and they couldn't keep their hands off you but before was only got intimate every once in awhile?
    No cause it is a new you. Even when we change hair colors, it is the excitement of something new. You are hot, take it as such. Stop looking for corners in round rooms.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's you.....you feel more attractive, fit, healthy, happy, sexy..and your significant other is just feeding off your good vibes:flowerforyou:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Excuse me? Please point out the man-bashing. Go ahead.
    Any of the females who are dense enough to answer "yes" to the question would be a good start...

*applause*
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    Seriously, I just want to get laid. Does it matter the why?

No doubt!!!!!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Nope... because if he dropped 50 and got all ripped.. id be the same way! lol
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    No. Most men are visual.

thank you! maybee he was attracted to you before, and maybee hes just even more attracted to you now!
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    But lets be honest- when you lose weight you feel better, LOOK better and have more confidence.

CONFIDENCE IS SEXY! No, I wouldn't be offended. Even when I lose 10 lbs, I start to feel sexier, more confident and want to get intimate more often. Look out hubby when I lose 50 lbs!

^^ This 100%. My inner stripper goddess comes out when I lose weight and I know my boyfriend is far more attracted to that then the moppy sad fat me!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Not at all. It's still me and there's a lot of other attributing factors. It's not all about the weight. Mentally there is a change in you/ me as well as how we treat DH/ SO.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    No. My husband and I have been married for 8yrs together for 13. We both have lost weight he is now at his ideal and I have lost 48 lbs. I find him more attractive myself. Nothing to do with not finding him attractive before. :love:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    WOW whats with all the man bashing in here.... im seriously offended .... this is rediculous and this goes on in every post.. i think im going to deactivate my account because not every guy is a stereotype...... thanks for ruining my life!

If a thread on an internet site can ruin your life, Lord help you when a REAL crisis comes along.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    get offended? Umm, nope. That was one of my goals. I'd be offended if i worked my *kitten* off in the gym, got in shape and she didn't find me more attractive.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am 137-139 pounds at 5foot 7inches and my boyfriend fell in love with me at 159 pounds and the only time he wasn't attracted to me was when I was 129 pounds..said my cheekbones were like razors and I looked one missed meal from pushing up daises..That hurt.. A lot. But I gained it back and now I am toned and in good shape and he loves my body. He is proud of me for getting up every morning at 5am to stay in shape too :)
  • Bostonstacey
    Bostonstacey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't. I haven't, I should say. My husband (God bless his heart) loves and cares for me no matter what, which is proven by the fact that he married me at my absolute fattest... but I'd honestly be offended if he didn't think I was cuter after losing 50 pounds. It's a lot of work to lose that much weight, it's nice to be told that you're better looking.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No, because I reacted the same way to his weight gain and subsequent loss. We love each other regardless of size, but holding all non-shallow traits equal, most people prefer a fitter partner.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be offended at all! He's already told me he can't wait till I get back to my normal weight. I feel the same so how can I be mad?
  • harliedyan
    harliedyan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my exboyfriend once told me early on in our relationship that he wasnt physically attracted to me because of my size. trust and believe we broke up, but 7 months later he came back and we have been best friends ever since. i sometimes have to remind myself that i am doing the weightloss for me and not him, but it will be satisfactory when i do lose the weight and he will realize what he missed out on. let it motivate you. and i truly believe that confidence is the sexiest thing you can wear, and you can find that when you go through a weighloss journey. it is just important to remind yourself who you are doing it for.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I would not be offended at all! That's his way of saying good job!

I sure as hell hope my bf starts putting out more once I lose my 40lbs.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    What about the opposite extreme? Would you be offended if you lost weight and were no longer attractive to your partner?

First and for most the reason to eat and exercise it to be healthier.

In any relationship, as you change your lifestyle you should be talking about the change with your partner to ensure compatibility. If your partner likes long hair and you get yours cut short you are likely to be less attractive to your partner. There is room for compromise. Likewise, if you prefer short hair, than you are likely not to seek out a partner that likes long hair. The same applies with body shape.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Nope. I enjoy looking at myself more when I'm fitter, why would I be offended if he feels the same?