(US) Size 12/14 to a size 6/8 - please share :)

Options

Replies

• pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This is a great posting! I am 59 years old and finally after 30 years seeing the weight go down consistently

I am 5ft 2inches tall and weigh just less than 250lbs (111.5kg)

I have lost 16kg since September 2011 and have just stated believing that my weight in my late teens and early 20s may be achieveable again - at my lowest I was 114lbs or 8 stone 2lbs.

I would be happy to get down to 75kg but still think m-a-y-b-e I could get lower if my weightloss stays consistent.

Thank goodness for MFP, Endomondo Sports Tracker and my Fitbit!
  • anniebradley
    Options
    GETTINGIT.jpg

I started at roughly 233lbs and a size 18. Now I'm at 189lbs and between a 10/12. I've followed Jamie Eason's LiveFit program and running with modifying the diet to fit what I was able to do (aiming to be between 1200-1500 calories and cutting out processed foods, dairy, and unhealthy carbs)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! thanks for sharing!! great inspiration!!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I started at a tight size 12 and am an 8 today. Starting weight at 162 and am now 146. I have about 15 pounds to go. I am 5'3" and a half. I count all of my calories and make sure I eat above BMR but below TDEE, and I do not eat all of my exercise calories back (about half). I burn at minimum 514 calories per day, but often times more. I mix up my exercising with running, biking, walking, strength training, stairmaster, workout DVD's, tennis, and anything else I feel like doing that day.

**I can't figure out how to upload pics on to this thread from my computer. Sorry.
  • cms1250
    cms1250 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up baby!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I just saw Im suppose to tell what I did to lose weight~ 17 Day Diet (AWESOME BOOK!) and C25K treadmill version. I think everyone just has to find what works for them. Good luck and it's been awesome looking at these pics!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I was 191 lbs at 5'7" and a size 12 (US). I started losing the weight in the end of January 2012 when I joined the Biggest Loser Challenge at the gym on base. Before I joined MFP in mid-March, I lost around 10 1/2 lbs and I have lost almost 30 lbs since then. I am a 6, sometimes an 8, at 152 lbs now. I do exercise, but most importantly I keep count of calories, carbs, protein, etc. I don't deprive myself of anything that I want, I just have to make sure it fits in the macros.

ps How did y'all add the photos? I have before/afters and can't get them to add for the life of me.
  • laceylady1
    laceylady1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more inspiration later. I'm just starting and you guys are all so inspiring.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5"

I started at ~165lbs and a US size 12
    2uhwj1e.jpg2u62n93.jpg

I'm now 128lbs and a US size 6
    2l8es6o.jpgswzrq8.jpg
  • andforpoise
    andforpoise Posts: 185
    Options
    I tried uploading pics, but I can't... and now I can't delete my post...
  • beezbee
    beezbee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is me as a size 12 at 169lbs in the first picture, and 7 months later as a size 6/8 at 152lbs (April 2012). I've since regained 3lbs because I started lifting heavy weights, but the fit of my clothes has actually improved. I'm 5.6, and I've never consumed below 1400 calories, always eaten back my exercise calories. I'm currently maintaining at 1700 net calories. I try to hit my macros every day: proteins 30%, carbs 35%, fat 35%, and watch sugar and sodium intake.

IMG_6883-2-1.jpg
  • myangel05
    myangel05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Can I ask how much you have lost now that you are wearing an 8?

Before I had my son 3 years ago I had lost 75lbs and went from an 18/20 to a 6 petite. I too am 5'2, when I was wearing the 6 petite I weighed 139-142. I currently weigh 160 and am wearing a 12.

We have similar stats so I am curious!

Thanks
    Danielle
  • myangel05
    myangel05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    AMAZING PICS! CONGRATS!
  • espohre
    espohre Posts: 6
    Options
    @Nicki190, your post makes me feel so much better. I am in week 4 of insanity and only lost about 2lbs so far. You didnt lose too much but you look fantastic! Thanks for posting! Would you mind sharing how many inches you lost?
  • Icandothisl
    Options
    How did you do it leela?
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    All you ladies look amazing and so inspiring! I started in a tight 14 and so far I'm down to a 10 at 5'7". A lot of the weight I have to lose is in my mid section (stomach, thighs, hips) so I might have to reconsider my goal of being a size 8 (I figured 145-150 would get me there) and go more for the 6.
  • sharonheiny
    Options
    bump
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and started at a comfortable size 14. I'd be VERY happy at a size 8.
  • RCDisneyfan
    RCDisneyfan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My profile pic - Size 20 down to a size 8 in 11 months and 77 lbs lost. I actually weigh 5 lbs less now!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @Nicki190, your post makes me feel so much better. I am in week 4 of insanity and only lost about 2lbs so far. You didnt lose too much but you look fantastic! Thanks for posting! Would you mind sharing how many inches you lost?

Sadly I didn't measure the first time around but I'm on my second round now and I made sure to measure and will be taking measurements every time I do the fit test!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!