Replies

• davecannon
    davecannon Posts: 92
    Options
    My dreams?? That is a very loaded question!!! Here is jusst a few;

To finally be body-wise where I go "Damn' I look Hot"
    To be more financially secure
    To find a career that makes me smile inside each day I go to work
    To enjoy my youngest daughter's childhood. I worked 6 days a week during my oldest's and feel I've missed so much
    To still be infatuated with my husband 20, 30, 50 years from now
    To finally take a honeymoon somewhere
    To be an all-around happy, go lucky person
    To make my kids proud of me
    etc....
    I could keep going but..

I lost my father about 6 weeks ago and he used to always tell me that if I did something I loved to do for a living than it would never be work. THis has led me to work from home and raise my little ones while helping others. Its been great. I think this will lead my kids to be proud of me....I hope?

I am still a young married man, 6 years now but I know how you feel. My wife keeps me on my toes and its great. Hopefully it will never change!

Great dreams!!
  • davecannon
    Options
    To complete a full Ironman...and I will do it someday!

Thats a GREAT dream! We have an Ironman like 12 miles from me in Coeur D' Alene Idaho. It was just a couple weekends ago. I would think about it if I were a swimmer. I dont see those miles of doggy paddling working out so good for me!!!
  • sandlerlover
    sandlerlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm defintely a dreamer... and a do-er!

Finish my Masters (3 classes left) in Special Education, PhD, get married, play as much softball as possible, play softball and volleyball in our State Games, become "normal" on the BMI chart, raise a smart, responsible, educated son, meet Adam Sandler, Andruw Jones, Darius Rucker and the cast of Criminal Minds, travel to every state in an RV, preform in a community play, become a role model to someone, be known by others in my profession, enjoy as much time with my mom as possible, learn more about my families past, travel to Ireland to try to find family members, coach softball, become a trainer/speaker, become a foster parent/or adopt, educate others on blindness and disabilites, promote businesses to hire people with disabilies, be a great friend, be a voice for a cartoon...
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    my dream.... is to have a dream...

in all seriousness... to have full blown race car.. so i can compete in a higher level...
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My dream is that the Suns win the Championiship just as Nash went to the Lakers... that probably wont happen, but this is all about dreaming aint it?

My dream for myself however, is to get this weight off, keep this wonderful job that I have, (I'm a receptionist in Downtown Phoenix and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!) I would love to visit Singapore.

One dream I have had for a while that is about to come true... I do a lot of mixed media art, and I have been wanting to show it. Now I have been invited to show it on August 10th. So nervous, but excited at the same time:)

Good thread!

Ronney
  • davecannon
    Options
    I'm defintely a dreamer... and a do-er!

Finish my Masters (3 classes left) in Special Education, PhD, get married, play as much softball as possible, play softball and volleyball in our State Games, become "normal" on the BMI chart, raise a smart, responsible, educated son, meet Adam Sandler, Andruw Jones, Darius Rucker and the cast of Criminal Minds, travel to every state in an RV, preform in a community play, become a role model to someone, be known by others in my profession, enjoy as much time with my mom as possible, learn more about my families past, travel to Ireland to try to find family members, coach softball, become a trainer/speaker, become a foster parent/or adopt, educate others on blindness and disabilites, promote businesses to hire people with disabilies, be a great friend, be a voice for a cartoon...

I freaking love it!!

The dreams are so all over the place that you are going to set up a domino effect and nail them all! You sound like a VERY passionate person!
  • davecannon
    Options

in all seriousness... to have full blown race car.. so i can compete in a higher level...

Thats sweet! I was able to drive Mario Andretti's Car when I was a kid at Laguna Seca. OK, so it was 10 miles an hour while he laid on the hood to keep me from killing us, but I did it! My neighbor used to build race cars so I went to LS and hung out in the pit a lot.

What do you need to do to make the next step?
  • davecannon
    Options
    My dream is that the Suns win the Championiship just as Nash went to the Lakers... that probably wont happen, but this is all about dreaming aint it?

My dream for myself however, is to get this weight off, keep this wonderful job that I have, (I'm a receptionist in Downtown Phoenix and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!) I would love to visit Singapore.

One dream I have had for a while that is about to come true... I do a lot of mixed media art, and I have been wanting to show it. Now I have been invited to show it on August 10th. So nervous, but excited at the same time:)

Good thread!

Ronney

Thats AWESOME!! congrats! Good luck with your show. Having a job you love is important. Feeling great about yourself is even more important. Keep pushing forward and you will get it all!
  • emily406
    emily406 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thread!

Some of my dreams are...

-To own a beautiful, full service salon
    -Provide wigs and customized hair solutions for those dealing with hair loss
    -Travel as much as I please without money getting in the way
    -Continue to learn!
    -Get down to my goal weight and MAINTAIN IT!
    -Enjoy running (I'm getting there!)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I had a dream and am living it.
    One word: GOALS!

And I address these areas:

Family and Home
    Financial and Career
    Spiritual and Ethical
    Physical and Health
    Social and Cultural
    Mental and Educational

I write out what I want out of life in each of these areas.
    When we write down a goal we are more likely to achieve it.
    Written goals can be reviewed regularly, hence they have more long-range power.
    Like a contract with yourself, they are harder to neglect or forget.
    Also, by writing goals in the following fashion, you can stimulate your
    subconscious to be continuously alert to situations that will further those goals.
    And what action can I take to reach these goals?
    TODAY is the day; this moment is the moment you've been waiting for.
    Write down all the things you want in life, then get to work TODAY :flowerforyou:
    Go here for help:
    Goals For Dummies
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/setting-smart-management-goals.html
    No, you're no dummy, but this is good info.
    Let your fitness goals work in conjunction with everything else. Our goal areas are like spokes in a wheel.
    Balance is key. Good Luck, and remember....
    All Is Possible!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    To read WORD UP magazine
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Visit Ireland (planning to make that a reality next summer)

To be truely fit and healthy. (almost there......)

To look great naked :tongue:
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's not something I have thought of. I have always tried to put everyone else ahead of me. Going through a divorce and ALOT of changes right now so I think it is the perfect time for me to start thinking about me and my dreams! Thank you for bringing this topic up and I love reading everyone elses. :smile:
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Thats sweet! I was able to drive Mario Andretti's Car when I was a kid at Laguna Seca. OK, so it was 10 miles an hour while he laid on the hood to keep me from killing us, but I did it! My neighbor used to build race cars so I went to LS and hung out in the pit a lot.

What do you need to do to make the next step?

my whip..

Lancer EVO 9 MR SE

Engine:

Stock 2.0L engine
    CRBD BBK FULL turbo
    RC1000 Injectors
    Ported Intake manifold
    Ported Exhaust Manifold
    GSC S2 cams 272/272
    ARP head bolts
    ETS FMIC w/ Piping
    ETC Intake Kit

Dual map tune California 91/E85

500awhp/ 460tq @ 28Psi (dyno pack) (e85)
    420awhp/ 380tq @ 25psi (dyno pack) (91oct)

Suspension:

Robispec KW V3 Coilovers

Wheels/Tires:

Work XD9's 18x9.5 W/ Toyo R888's 255/35/18

brakes:

stock evo 9 Brembo's
    Racing Brakes ET700 pads

basically what i need done is to Stroke my engine to a 2.3L... do a complete suspension set up... strip the car interior... get a FIA approved Roll cage... widen the body more so i can run 265's + the aerodynamics will be improved...and probably work on the brake set up more.. but the stock ones are holding fine..

oh and TIRES TIRES TIRES TIRES TIRES.....

yeah i cant afford to do that lol...

your probably like but u have so much done to your engine... well that was the cheap part....and all with in a 3 year time span
  • davecannon
    Options
    What a wonderful thread!

Some of my dreams are...

-Continue to learn!

Thats great. Being a business owner and being your own boss is amazing and the way to go. I dont think I will ever ENJOY running! But getting to your goal weight and maintaining it is perfect. What are you doing to get there?
  • rhalse
    rhalse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to be the voice of a cartoon character.
  • sandlerlover
    sandlerlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think of stuff everyday I want to accomplish. My biggest fear in life is not reaching my potential so I strive to never stop learning and trying. I "sat still" in my life for a few years and almost lost myself. I'll never let that happen again. I can thank my son and his unplanned appearance for turning my life around. Now I'm working on losing weight and getting healthy and also advancing in a new career I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!
  • emily406
    emily406 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful thread!

Some of my dreams are...

-Continue to learn!

Thats great. Being a business owner and being your own boss is amazing and the way to go. I dont think I will ever ENJOY running! But getting to your goal weight and maintaining it is perfect. What are you doing to get there?

I'm currently sticking to my calorie goals, on Week 4 of C25K, swimming almost daily (yay hot weather!), and I'm about to start the 30DS when I can get some weights. The weight has been coming off steadily, and I always feel great after a good workout. I have much more energy throughout the day too! I'm excited about my new lifestyle! :)
  • davecannon
    Options
    Visit Ireland (planning to make that a reality next summer)

To be truely fit and healthy. (almost there......)

To look great naked :tongue:

My wife and I have the same dream of Ireland. The Cliffs of Moher (SP?) are AMAZING!!!! Have Guiness for me when you get there next summer.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I have always preferred reality to fantasy.
    Every fantasy I ever had just prompted me to take action to fulfill that through motion.
    Some things were a huge let down while other deeds were WONDERFUL!:drinker:
    As for my dream as to what life I want to obtain?
    I am living it!
    A dream with a plan attached becomes a goal, and a person can have just about anything he or she wants.
    Go for it!

I like the way you think. Set a goal, go for it and dont let anything stop you!
    Nothing and nobody.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!