Start Date: July 16th
    Projected End: September 13th
    Following Nutrition Guide: Yes!
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 210
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion):190
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am on my fourth week of Insanity. I eat 1200-1300 calories a day. And yet I haven't lost any weight. What am I doing wrong???

Im dont think you're eating enough mabye bump up the calories with good food by 100kcals?
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    DId Pure Cardio it was good but I didnt enjoy it as much as the other ones although I LOVED the push up jacks i thnk they're called :-) Day 5 today! WHOOP!
  • anneliesedykes
    Options
    yes I got mine from there, good quick service. I live in the UK and it took about 4 days to arrive. i can't join the online gym as I do not live in US or Canada which is a little disappointing
    :smile:

Hey :) Was hoping you might have the answer to my question as you live in the UK. I read on mfp today that UK and US measurements are different i.e. there are more lbs in a stone etc. I didn't know this. With that in mind, do you think that would change our calorie allowance? The equation according to Insanity has given me 1855 calories daily. Im only 5'4 and 129lb. I think this is quite high, would it be the difference between the lbs in the UK and US? Or does it stay the same?

Im sorry this is quite confusing! I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask lol. I just about understand it myself...
  • Beckii330
    Beckii330 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm in!
    Start date: 11/6/12
    Starting weight: 10 stone 11lbs
    Goal weight: 10 stone
    Height: 5'7

No weight loss yet but have lost 3 inches from both my hips and my waist :-) I'm not following the meal plans as I am a single parent, limited budget with 3 children and I just couldn't follow it. Wish I could though, I think it would make a huge difference.

Just started month 2 - how hard??!!
  • mittenkit
    mittenkit Posts: 5
    Options
    Count me in, too! A friend of mine's husband posted something about Insanity last week, which I read and then decided to look up what Insanity was, and was blown away by all the positive stories from people who have tried it. So I ordered it myself, and it arrived yesterday so I'll be starting this coming Monday. Can't wait to join you!

Start Date: 7/23/12
    Projected End: 09/20/12
    Following Nutrition Guide: Don't really plan to, but going to try and eat balanced diet and up protein intake
    Starting weight: 77.6kg
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Goal Weight: ultimately around 62kg, but first goal after completion of Insanity is 70kg
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am loving this "recovery" week! It's making my shoulders and legs ache a bit, but core cardio is my fave workout so far!

Can anyone help with my calorie in-take though please, I've read everything I can find about how much I should be eating but still can't get my head around it.

I'm 28, 5'3" and 161lbs and I want to lose. Now, MFP says to eat 1200 cals per day but then should I eat back my exercise cals? Or should I just be eating more? I've lost 9lbs since I started but that was mostly in the first week and nothing since although I can see much more muscle definition. I'm just concerned I'm eating too little to lose weight.

Thanks in advance!
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Start date: 6/18/12
    End date: 8/18/12 will be 60 days. Give or take a few days
    Following Nutritional Guide: NO
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 126.5
    Goal weight: Don't have one. Trying to increase cardio endurance and won't be upset if I lose a couple pounds along the way.

nice arms!
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 2 (Plyometric Cardio) and I used my HRM. I took a few more breaks than I would have liked and completely failed at the one exercise but I still burned 421 calories during the 42min workout and I made it through without quitting.. I CAN DO THIS!

Awesome!
  • 123whit
    123whit Posts: 9
    Options
    started with fit test yesterday,,, that was difficult. Today I started the first workout ion the schedule, after 15 minutes i realized it was only the warm up... i was almost dying. I stopped. then got mad at myself but i will try again tomorrow. i have to tone up I really dislike the way i look. I give up so easily . :sad: by reading these posts i hope to stay motivated

Don't give up. Take a break until you get your breath back, drink some water, wipe off with a towel and when you're ready, get back into it. I swear yesterday (which was my day 1 workout after the fit test on monday) I hit pause three times (plus took all of the water breaks) but I finished the whole workout. As Shaun T says" IT's not how many reps you can do right now, it's the effectiveness" So make sure you take your time to do them right, who cares if everyone on the dvd is doing a million to your one. They've done it for awhile. WE will get better, it will get easier, but we have to put our time and effort into it!
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Didn't get Insanity in this morning. Trying to catch up on Breaking Bad and the Rangers playing in Seattle made for a late night:yawn: I will do Day 3 tomorrow morning. I will be ready for Cardio Power & Resistance ( I think)! Good luck everyone.
  • kirbsE
    kirbsE Posts: 2
    Options
    Start Date: on my recovery week
    Projected End: 8/18/12
    Following Nutrition Guide: no
    Starting weight(with Insanity):182
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 172
  • kirbsE
    kirbsE Posts: 2
    Options
    The 1st week is the hardest. :)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! Feel Great!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My day 2 was cardio power and resistance. I did the fit test but didnt count it as a day.
  • mariadch12
    Options
    My boyfriend and i started doing this together were on day 22 .You can tell hes sliming down and i look the same im jealous.
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is a preliminary "I am in!"
    I will be starting either tomorrow or Monday- need to look more closely at the calendar to determine what day I want to rest.

Start Date: Soon
    Projected End: In a little while
    Following Nutrition Guide: Not likely- though will definitely read through it and take advice from it
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 204
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 190
  • ivelisse87
    ivelisse87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in :) feel free to add me!!

Start Date: June 10th
    Projected End: August 10th (3 weeks and 2 days left!!!)
    Following Nutrition Guide: No
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 171( CW 159)
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 145
  • Living_Barefoot
    Living_Barefoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Start Date: July 17th (month 2)
    Projected End: August 13th
    Following Nutrition Guide: nope
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 151.2
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion):142
  • radiotrash
    radiotrash Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I'm 28, 5'3" and 161lbs and I want to lose. Now, MFP says to eat 1200 cals per day but then should I eat back my exercise cals? Or should I just be eating more? I've lost 9lbs since I started but that was mostly in the first week and nothing since although I can see much more muscle definition. I'm just concerned I'm eating too little to lose weight.

Thanks in advance!

What I did is actually just calculate my BMR and went by that, there's a calculator under the tools section of MFP. :) I figure if the BMR is what my body burns if I just lay in bed all day I should at least give it that much fuel. Then I eat back any exercise calories on top of that, although sometimes I'll have 100-200 left over that I just use as a buffer in case I measured something wrong. When I manually changed my calorie intake on MFP it set my loss to .5lb/week but I decided to ignore that for now.

That's just what I'm doing though, I can't say if it's right or wrong. But if you feel like you're eating too little I say up what you intake and definitely eat back your excerise calories (especially if you stay at 1200!) unless you follow the formula in the Insanity booklet which factors the exercise calories in already. Hope this is helpful in some way!

So I did the first day of real exercise, the Cardio Plyometric Circuit and oh man! I was dying halfway through the warm up when they started going faster and faster. But I kept taking breaks and kept going and even though I was way slower then everyone on the video at least I did the exercises! The only one I could NOT do is the basic training circuit or whatever it was called where you'd do the four pushups and then run and hop back up and down? I can't do a regular pushup and it took too long to switch from modified to the running. My boyfriend suggested I should just try to do pushups or modified pushups during that time. Which I will next time!

Speaking of my boyfriend, after I was done and came back into the living room huffing and puffing he just looked at me and was like: "I thought you were going to die. Every time I passed by it looked like you were in pain." Ha! I was completely red-faced and sweaty but it felt good to have stuck through all that. :)

Also I have a question! When Shaun says to check your HRMs and make sure your heart rate isn't too dangerous what's a good number to be on the watch for? I would take breaks if I ever started breaking into the 190s because that just seemed HIGH.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!