Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Could I ask you how much you lost doing the shred? It says you could lose a lot...I have lost 4lbs after doing it for 11 days...I am hoping to lose about 8 more!?!?!?!

Hi.. I should qualify by saying that I did more of a 60 day shred (with sporadic days off in between, for whatever reason)... and paid more attention to fitness than to calories in/out... what can I say - I was also running and walking my dogs, and I was a hungry girl! :laugh:

My shred "end results" were a loss of 5.5 lbs and a total of 4 inches lost. It might not sound like a lot to some people, but numbers don't tell the whole story. While I was running and walking e/o day before I started this DVD, it wasn't until committing to the shred that I started to see and feel a difference in my strength, endurance, tightening of flab and development of muscle tone.

In a nutshell, my beginning and ending numbers aren't terribly far apart, but things feel more "solid" which is a result I can not only live with but feel proud of.
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll...
    So I'm skipping out today, might go jump on the gazelle for about 10 or 15 minutes. Other than that..I'm spent today! I'm pretty certain that I have completely finished all 3 levels at 10 days a piece...plus some extra! HAHA! Go "60 Day Shredders!"

Smiles... I was just sitting here thinking...what am I going to move on to. I don't want to say I'm bored with the Shred because she definately keeps pushing me everytime... however I'm getting tired of the moves. I was thinking something new. Probably more Jillian because I like her kick butt mentality and motivation. So I'm probably going to head out to Wally World as well. Maybe some NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES or BANISH FAT BOOST METABOLISM.... or even one of the Biggest Loser work out DVDs. What do you think? I was hoping we could keep the group together and just move onto another workout!?

Let me know whatcha all think!

Have a great evening and I'll check back in tomorrow!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I've got a little bit of bad news. I think I may be putting this workout on hold for a week or so, atleast untill my legs heal up. I keep thinking it'll be okay to work them out but they hurt more than a little and I think this is too high impact for my weight. Its not an ache like I worked it out, it feels like a sharper pain near the bone, like I overexerted myself and continuing to work them just makes them feel worse, even if I give them a good one/two day rest. the good news is all my other muscles are fine now after working them for 4 days, and even feel a bit stronger.

I guess I'll see all you gals in a few days, hopefully. :cry:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hey Ya'll...
    So I'm skipping out today, might go jump on the gazelle for about 10 or 15 minutes. Other than that..I'm spent today! I'm pretty certain that I have completely finished all 3 levels at 10 days a piece...plus some extra! HAHA! Go "60 Day Shredders!"

Smiles... I was just sitting here thinking...what am I going to move on to. I don't want to say I'm bored with the Shred because she definately keeps pushing me everytime... however I'm getting tired of the moves. I was thinking something new. Probably more Jillian because I like her kick butt mentality and motivation. So I'm probably going to head out to Wally World as well. Maybe some NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES or BANISH FAT BOOST METABOLISM.... or even one of the Biggest Loser work out DVDs. What do you think? I was hoping we could keep the group together and just move onto another workout!?

Amanda - I love the idea... I've gotten sort of attached to you guys... (AND to Jillian! :laugh: ) I went to Wal Mart and all they had was Biggest Loser Cardio Max or Biggest Loser Boot Camp. There were also 2 different Dancing with the Stars ones... eh.
    What's your vote? I had been thinking of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism - the only thing is, I've heard it's a lot of the same stuff, only longer. So, if you're getting bored... might get old fast? Then again, at least it's a new round of stuff to watch and hear.

The other combo I was considering was Cardio Max and Power Sculpt (2 separate DVDs). Would have to order from Amazon.
    Which sounds more appealing to you?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hey guys. I've got a little bit of bad news. I think I may be putting this workout on hold for a week or so, atleast untill my legs heal up. I keep thinking it'll be okay to work them out but they hurt more than a little and I think this is too high impact for my weight. Its not an ache like I worked it out, it feels like a sharper pain near the bone, like I overexerted myself and continuing to work them just makes them feel worse, even if I give them a good one/two day rest. the good news is all my other muscles are fine now after working them for 4 days, and even feel a bit stronger.

I guess I'll see all you gals in a few days, hopefully. :cry:

Oh no!! Sorry you're hurt!!! Just take care of yourself and know that you'll be back when you're feeling better. It is hard to sit it out, but so much better than pushing too hard, too far and really injuring yourself. You'll be back in no time!
  • shadechick
    shadechick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Did the shred and did 40 mins on the gazelle, only cause it's getting late.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So I completed my 8th day of the shred last night, and as always, my son just HAD to do it with me (he's so funny). But he talked me into moving on up to level 2 a few days early. I had already been preparing myself mentally for it, so I thought why not, and gave it a try. Amazingly, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Did it still kick my butt? Yes! But I was much more prepared than I had imagined. It was great!!! :happy:
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Mornin' shredders!

Level 1 day 9 DONE.

My knees seemed better yesterday after skipping my workout, but this morning I got out of bed and my left knee tried to buckle under me. I shredded this morning, but had to tone down the intensity and modify QUITE a bit. But at least I got through it. Don't know WHAT is up with my knees... it's not a sharp pain, it's more soreness and general weakness in the joint (in both, really, but the left seems the worst). Going to take some ibuprofen and see if that helps, and will ice them tonight after work.

Also having a little sciatic pain on the left side through the top of the butt/hip area. Methinks some stretching is in order.

One more day to go, then it's on to level 2!

Happy Tuesday, all!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Could I ask you how much you lost doing the shred? It says you could lose a lot...I have lost 4lbs after doing it for 11 days...I am hoping to lose about 8 more!?!?!?!

Hi.. I should qualify by saying that I did more of a 60 day shred (with sporadic days off in between, for whatever reason)... and paid more attention to fitness than to calories in/out... what can I say - I was also running and walking my dogs, and I was a hungry girl! :laugh:

My shred "end results" were a loss of 5.5 lbs and a total of 4 inches lost. It might not sound like a lot to some people, but numbers don't tell the whole story. While I was running and walking e/o day before I started this DVD, it wasn't until committing to the shred that I started to see and feel a difference in my strength, endurance, tightening of flab and development of muscle tone.

In a nutshell, my beginning and ending numbers aren't terribly far apart, but things feel more "solid" which is a result I can not only live with but feel proud of.

That is awesome! 4 inches is a lot! I am sure you gained muscle also! Thank you for the info!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, is it to late to join..after reading how much everyone loves the progrom, I ordered in on amazon last night...would love to join the group...
  • inkprincess
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So I completed my 8th day of the shred last night, and as always, my son just HAD to do it with me (he's so funny). But he talked me into moving on up to level 2 a few days early. I had already been preparing myself mentally for it, so I thought why not, and gave it a try. Amazingly, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Did it still kick my butt? Yes! But I was much more prepared than I had imagined. It was great!!! :happy:

Good to hear! Today is my last day on level 1, and although i'm excited, i'm a bit scared to move up! LOL. My 18 month old likes to work out with me. So cute to watch her mimic moves! I don't like when she tries to tickle me/poke my belly button during crunches! HAHA
  • kmarsala99
    Options
    I am in. I have done it for 3 days now. The 2nd day I could barley walk but jumped in and did it anyway. I find myself having a hard time with the jumping jacks. so when I have to I just walk in place. Hope to build up to beable to do the whole thing soon!! IT KICKS BUTT!!! But feel good when 20mins is over!:smile:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I am back in it. Have been too busy to Shred the last couple of days. But this morning, I woke up early, and instead of laying there staring at the ceiling, I got up and did Level 2. I'm definitely feeling progress. I'm actually doing (little) pushups now and the plank-jacks too. So, I'm getting closer to doing Natalie's moves, almost the whole time. LOVE IT!! :happy: :bigsmile:
  • inkprincess
    Options
    I am DONE with level 1!! YAY! Looking forward to level 2 tomorrow!
  • mroper
    mroper Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Moved up to Level 2 today. WOW. It may take me a while to get this one down. I spent 11 days on level 1. The new "walk-out" pushups were rough...I really enjoyed not doing so many jumping jacks though. The new stuff is tough but a nice change. :o) I did have to use modified moves for a lot of them but that gives me something to strive for now.....Ive noticed my clothes fitting better and just an overall better feeling physically. :glasses: Plus reading all the other posts on this thread is very inspiring. You guys are all so determined and supportive. :happy:

Keep up the good work guys and hope those of you with injuries recover soon! :flowerforyou:

We got this!
    Mendy
  • robynd36
    Options
    hi all! i have a suggestion to change it up for you... throw in the "biggest loser cardio max" with bob (20 minutes, as well) 2 days out of the 7 you are using the shred. my opinion is that it's as hard, if not harder than the "shred level 1" and it's different!!! adding variety seems to help me keep interested.

good luck to everyone. happy holidays!

robyn
  • meana717
    Options
    Hi everyone, is it to late to join..after reading how much everyone loves the progrom, I ordered in on amazon last night...would love to join the group...

Never too late to join. Some of us are trying to come up with somethng to move on too, but I think we are all going to hang around to motivate each other!
  • meana717
    Options
    Hey Ya'll...

Amanda - I love the idea... I've gotten sort of attached to you guys... (AND to Jillian! :laugh: ) I went to Wal Mart and all they had was Biggest Loser Cardio Max or Biggest Loser Boot Camp. There were also 2 different Dancing with the Stars ones... eh.
    What's your vote? I had been thinking of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism - the only thing is, I've heard it's a lot of the same stuff, only longer. So, if you're getting bored... might get old fast? Then again, at least it's a new round of stuff to watch and hear.

The other combo I was considering was Cardio Max and Power Sculpt (2 separate DVDs). Would have to order from Amazon.

I was thinking of either Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones...or even the new BIGGEST LOSER LAST CHANCE WORKOUT. All of which you can also order through Walmart.com!

Cardio Max and Power Sculpt sound good too... then we could figure out do them alternating days....HMMMM so many choices! HAHA! I almost ordered all of which today! HA! So lets see.... um, we didn't get anywhere did we!?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hey Ya'll...

I was thinking of either Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones...or even the new BIGGEST LOSER LAST CHANCE WORKOUT. All of which you can also order through Walmart.com!

Cardio Max and Power Sculpt sound good too... then we could figure out do them alternating days....HMMMM so many choices! HAHA! I almost ordered all of which today! HA! So lets see.... um, we didn't get anywhere did we!?

LOL! No, we didn't get anywhere! Shoot - why don't you tell me what you order and I"ll order the same thing (thinking $20 limit for now though) - let's just do it!!