Big Men

Replies

• rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    I have another thread, but this is a great topic, so I wanted to contribute! Big men, you can do it! It's not easy but nothing worthwhile ever is. :smile:

Dec, 2011 (291 lbs) and July, 2012 (199 lbs) - Currently 196 lbs since the latest picture.

Start-finish.jpg
  • MKolek00
    MKolek00 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm 30 years old, 6'5 and started at 302 pounds. I've got myself down to the mid 250's currently by tracking what I eat (1500-1800 calories a day) and started being more active. We cancelled the cable (one of the best decisions we've ever made!), I started running (which I'm not a big fan of, but it's a free workout) and recently completed my first 5k in 32 minutes. I ran at 260 pounds!

I've been lucky to have a supportive wife who is also loosing some herself, but started tracking food with me. I also have a great group of friends that made the switch to healther living at the same time. It's so much easier to do with like minded people who can suffer at times and share the joy most of the other time.
  • tazboy
    tazboy Posts: 81 Member
    This is what I was looking for, a thread for men who need support, but won't admit it

6'2" and my biggest as 277 lbs. I lost some weight back in Oct to get ready for a hernia operation, but during the recovery, put weight back on. So I started up again, @ 269 and my last weigh in was at 257. Now I walk at least 30 minutes a day at a good pace. I have Run Keeper on my phone which tracks distance, speed, and calories. I got on the treadmill last week for the first time and pushed through 30 minutes on that, but it was completely different than road walking. Got dizzy when I stopped, and thought I was going to pass out.

The calorie counting is the best tool I have and I use it religiously. I'm finding myself hungry at night, and eat something stupid before I go to bed. I know it's not a good idea, and I need to change that to get the weight off.

I'm looking for food ideas to stay fuller longer ... any suggestions?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    5'10''
    22 yrs old
    Started in March at 262-263, Now down to 198. Anyone feel free to add me. We're all in this together. Let's get it!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Amazing transformation, rjcelmer!
  • tyboscoe
    tyboscoe Posts: 3 Member
    6'1'' with a large frame and have a good amount of muscle under the fat. started at the middle of May at 280 with 35.7% body fat. Currently I am 254 with 30.2% body fat.
    I am 21 years old and would love some friends that are similiar body styles that had sucesses that could give advice.
    My goal is to be 210 lbs with 15% body fat by the end of next Febuary.
    Please add!
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    I finally figured out how to post an image. Let's see if the thing works

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-29%252023.29.21.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-26%252019.58.37.jpg

dzaaammmnnn lol You look great, congrats on the progress! :wink: :smile:
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    I have posted my results on here a few times before, but it seems not enough people comment on them to keep them up on top very long. I'll put one in here of where I started and compare to my profile pic of my a couple of weeks ago. Chicks dig it LOL

Mid March 2012
    SAM_1491.jpg
    SAM_1141.jpg

I was at 196 in those pictures. I am currently at 159.
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    My guy used to be a lot bigger and has lost intotal I think around 150. Now that was before I met him and he found ways to keep it off which is amazing and he has about 50 more to go. He just joined this site and saw it was mostly girls with groups. I will be sending him this thread once he gets home! So glad to see all of you guys posting!!!
  • treetop57
    Great progress, benich! Thanks for posting.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Thanks, treetop!
  • I started June 21st after my physical at 41. Doc said I was pre diabetic so it's time to fix that. Weighed in at 351 that morning while I was there. My goal is to be about 225, I am 6'2" tall with pretty broad shoulders. I have been an on and off weight lifter for most of my life but haven't been back to the gym in a few years. I've only been at this for a month and still feel too tired to go to the gym, hopefully that changes as my weight comes down some. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. Daryl
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    6'1" SW 289 CW 188

It can be done!
  • treetop57
    Wow. 101 piunds lost. You go, BigRed!
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    6'4" starting weight 490 lbs
    current weight 432 long way to go, i can always use more motivation feel free to add me!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Here's the thread I made: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/677497-9-years-later

In short, I went from 330+ at 6'2'' to a decently toned 180
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    I know I don't belong in this thread; I was confused by the title. :D

You're all pretty sexy, btw. I'm not a man, but I have serious poundage to deal with, and I like trying to motivate and being motivated.

I second that. I had to come look- just because of the title- I like a tall man ;)
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    I finally figured out how to post an image. Let's see if the thing works

Before

Aug42010.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-29%252023.29.21.jpg

In Progress

2012-03-26%252019.58.37.jpg

dzaaammmnnn lol You look great, congrats on the progress! :wink: :smile:

holy efffffffffffff!!! WAY TO GO!
  • cphelps73
    cphelps73 Posts: 4 Member
    After reading these post's guy's yeah, we are in the minority on this site. I have my own story to tell here. In June of 2011 I was 310, and changed my lifestyle. I started using this site doggedly in October 2011, and I have continuously logged in every day since, except for 5 days when I was out to sea on a cruise, for a total of 280 days. Today I am at 234, for a total of 67 pounds since October. My original goal was 250, but since my "ideal" is 195-205 at 6'4 I decided to go down to 220, I plan on picking up a little weight after that by building muscle. I graduated high school at 165, and when I was 21 I was involved in a bad accident and started gaining weight. Diet is not a word I use, I have changed my lifestayle.

Today I Eat to LIve and NOT Live to Eat.
  • Great thread... sw 225, cw 181... was originally aiming for 190, now aiming for mid 170's. Found weights to be more effective in the long run than just cardio.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!