Does your SO know how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My wife of 15 yrs doesn't tell me But I have gone to numerous dr appts with her in past so I have a idea of how much she weighs.
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nope, mine doesn't know. He's a big guy.... and he calls me "little" and "tiny".... I loooooooooooooooooooooove him for that! :) We're both here, working on this together.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My fiance knows, and I'm fine with it. I've never kept it from him, and when I started talking to him about my issues with my appearance and weight, the number was just a natural part of the conversation. Now that I'm losing weight, I tell him my new weight every single time I have a loss, so he can cheer and jump up and down with me :)
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My husband has never asked, but he knows just through general conversation, and I'm sure hes seen me on the scale. I don't do it in secret. And I tell him everytime i lose a pound, because I'm proud. I also know how much he weighs, not a big deal at all.
  • lmocha
    lmocha Posts: 16
    Options
    No...and not happening!! (not yet anyways:))
    He asked for the 1st time today how much I weigh...my reply wasn't too lady-like,lol.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows. We've been together around 4 1/2 years and weigh ourselves together and are currently trying to lose weight/become healthier together. No secrets here.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's dumb to intentionally keep something so trivial a secret from your SO. Now if he just doesn't ask, then it's whatever--there's not a reason for you to just tell him you weigh XX amount of pounds, but he sees you, so I'm sure he has an idea. The knowledge of a number number wouldn't change the way you look. I say write your weight so you can track your progress.

And to answer your question, yes, my husband knows my weight.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    If you had just started dating him that would be one thing, but 8 years is a long time. I think surely he's trustworthy enough to know your weight. And if he's supportive about what your doing, then he should be fine with your weight. My husband and I have been married for over 16 years and he's seen me give birth to our 4 children - so yes he knows my weight, among many other things. :flowerforyou:
  • rockermom5
    rockermom5 Posts: 58
    Options
    I've been with my husband for 15 years...he JUST saw how much a month ago when I finally weighed myself. Now he's part of my weigh in process. He's proud of me, and proud of the progress I've made thus far. I still hate that number, but I'm working on it.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    he knows exactly how much i weigh. i keep him updated on what i've lost and where i am. he's very thin and very fit. in the military and always working out. but i'm not embarrassed. not anymore than i was to weigh this much in the first place. it's not like he's under some impression i'm not fat. :laugh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm not with someone now but I wouldn't tell. I like having a little bit of privacy. :)
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My wife knows my weight and I know hers. I would say it shows trust in the relationship, but it also helps to receive encouragement.
  • sgoessling
    sgoessling Posts: 119
    Options
    Of course! I'll tell him anything and everything! I weigh 189 lbs I'll tell anyone. That number doesn't define me. It's just a number. I know I am still beautiful, sexy, cute and I know my friends family and boyfriend will all love me no matter what. But I want to be healthy and eat right and change my life around not because I hate my body, but because I love it and so I want to treat is right. It is the vessel that carries my soul and I should treat my body with respect and give it what it wants
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I weigh in together, so he sees what the scale says for me, and I see what it says for him. It's never bothered me telling him what I weigh, because he can see the weight on me, and he's seen it off of me (I was 130 when we started dating almost 5 years ago, and am 172 now). Goal is to get back to our first-dating size!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yep. We share this information every day or when relevant.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Yep. My husband has known from the beginning when I was 270lbs and he also knows before I met him I was at my heaviest at 304. Everyone I know pretty much knows how much I weigh because I tell them when they ask. I'm no longer ashamed of my weight or my body. Now, I don't go around stripping butt naked or wearing anything inappropriately small, but I do love my body and I'm proud of it. I'm a modest person, but I have no issue showing female friends what I look like under my clothes after all of that weight loss (btw i'm 183ish lbs).

Whether or not you tell him is your choice OP. :) You have to do what you're comfortable with. I say, if you want the chart, do it. That doesn't mean you need to explain it to him. Just make it. If he asks, then you can explain if you want. :) Good luck!!
  • peaceloveandtattoos
    Options
    yes, my hubs is my best friend and we talk about everything...i tell him when i'm .1 lb lighter lol. its nice to have a cheerleader!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    YEP! Every ounce!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Yes she knows my weight. Fitastic 165.

I don't know her weight exactly and honestly don't care about the number. If I press her she will tell me but prefers not to. She always thinks she weighs more than she should.

I, do, however know what size clothes she wears as well as my own eyeball/touch test. It's all good. In the words of the great philosopher, Young Jeezy, she keeps her "stomach 'n thighs 'n legs right."
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows. I agree with several other people in this forum - they can physically see you, and that's what matters. I know how much he weighs, too.