Runners.......what BUGS you?

Options

Replies

• VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    People yelling at me in Spanish as I run by...WHAT ARE YOU YELLING ABOUT?

Ha ha, the joke will soon be on them. I'mma learn Spanish and yell back one day soon! :laugh:
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    When you run past someone who is just walking or whatever and their perfume/cologne takes your breath away.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Pet owners who don't keep their animals on a leash! :|

YES, I was running on a beautiful Sunday while in the country visiting my family and approached a house that sat near the road when three huge alaskian malamutes came out on me.:noway: I thought the one had me b/c it got up to me then Thankfully the owner came out and grabbed it and dragged it back in the yard... Needless to say now when I'm out visiting my family I don't run past that house anymore. I start out the other way, which I hav'nt ran into any animals yet.:happy:
  • cubizzle
    Options
    When people are running behind you and they don't announce that they are passing you. Usually, I let people know I'm close by saying "on your left". I was running one morning and before I knew it some guy was right on my heels!!! :angry: Another issue is when runners don't speak. At least throw your hand up or say Good Morning, good evening etc. Sheeesh

I love when I call out on your left and people turn around to look then move to the left!

Also I only sometimes say good morning, but I almost always give a nod. Even to cyclists.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Running through spider webs. Ick.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    One time, i was running past a trailer park and some girl who was sitting with a group of others in a cloud of cigarette smoke on a trampoline yelled out "nice legs" (to be a b*tch, and amuse her friends, i assume). I said "yep. thanks." as i ran past but grrrrrrr i was really pissed off. I tried to congratulate myself for not reacting, but i spent the next mile+ of that run thinking of what i should have or could have yelled out. Then of course, alternating with feeling the better person for not being b*tchy back. So what bugs me is HECKLERS! :explode:

Oh, that and the sudden, urgent need to use a restroom 5 miles into a long run and being smack dab in the middle of a residential section with NO PLACE to duck into bushes. At. All. :noway:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    waiting for a car to pass straight through an intersection youre waiting to cross, waiting... waiting... waiting... it turns left sans signal! MF^#@%$^@#!!! *chases car in crazy ***** mode*
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    A few years back on a 5am 10 miler, half way through I had a hawk make a "deposit" mid air that landed on my face...in my mouth. It was hot. I dropped to my knees heaving.

That's a taste you just cannot forget.

Ding Ding! We have a winner! LMAO!!
  • cubizzle
    Options
    Oh, that and the sudden, urgent need to use a restroom 5 miles into a long run and being smack dab in the middle of a residential section with NO PLACE to duck into bushes. At. All. :noway:

^The worst!^
  • becjerami
    becjerami Posts: 80
    Options
    Guys making comments about my *kitten*. Or about anything. Even compliments. Just leave me alone to run in peace!

Large family groups spread out over the track, completely oblivious to anyone around them.

Also, I'm obviously easily irritated but yesterday I had to speed up to get away from a fellow runner with the most annoying jangly keys in her pocket...
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    ... Even to cyclists.

LOL
  • RoybieOfTheRovers
    RoybieOfTheRovers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When you run past someone who is just walking or whatever and their perfume/cologne takes your breath away.

This but with cigarette smoke.
  • JenNorie
    JenNorie Posts: 1
    Options
    Running behind or by people who are smoking! *cough*
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    Drivers that honk at me when they go by and scare me so badly I jump... HATE when they do that! :mad:
    THAT would scare the heck outta me!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Pets off leash, (or on a really long leash) and cars that honk or otherwise don't pay attention.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I've constructed my "long" run so there's a Walmart at about the "usual time". And, fortunately, the bathroom is right at the front door.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    taking a quick walk break after running for what seemed like forever, and THAT is when someone you know drives by and sees you, lol!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    No bugs, but recently my jog turned into an uphill sprint because I realized there was a skunk in the ditch next to me.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    When people don't look when backing out of their driveways. Or even worse...when they look AND SEE YOU, but STILL back out, thus causing me to stop. GRR...how freakin' rude!
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people pass me, and don't let me know to move out of the way. If you say "on your right", then I will move to the left for you to pass by, and vise versa. Don't just attempt to run right through me!