Runners.......what BUGS you?

Options

Replies

• MarkAWhipple
    MarkAWhipple Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Shin splints. I am still too big to run for very long. I know that the correct stretches and losing weight will take care of them. Looking forward to it!
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wild animals. Mainly Deer, skunk, and racoons. I dont mid the rabbits or birds. Its the ones that might attack that worry me.
  • IAmFranciscoB
    Options
    Dont wear any blue. Most flies, horseflies in particular are attracted to this color.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Free running dogs and their owners yelling "He just wants to play" while that thing runs after you. Yea f*k you too.
    Bugs, any kinda bugs, eww
    Headphones falling out

I can go on! :grumble:
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Just a few...

People who think its ok to block the sidewalks\pathways by parking on them.

People who don't stop for you at interesections (when you have the right of way).

People who don't tend their pets\children etc.

People who take up the entire sidewalk and don't yield to anyone else. (i.e. there are 3-4 of you who can all hear me coming, you can all see me coming... make a little room would you?)
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    STAY ON THE RIGHT! I was running with my woman in Queens along a bike/run path that follows part of the Long Island Expressway and I just about blew a gasket avoiding all the runners and bikers that wanted to cruise down the path on the left (my right). Seriously?! Do you drive on the left side of the road? No. Same applies to trails and paths. F***ing idiots. It was all I could muster to not go into a steady, flowing stream of obscenities at a lady power walking like nobody was in her way. Would have loved to give her an elbow to the eyesocket haha! Yes, I have a temper.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I worry about this on every single jog/walk/run I take as we have a nest of Osprey and those buggers poop on you on purpose so when I'm passing them I full out run lol.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A few years back on a 5am 10 miler, half way through I had a hawk make a "deposit" mid air that landed on my face...in my mouth. It was hot. I dropped to my knees heaving.

That's a taste you just cannot forget.

**I mean't to Quote this lol
  • becjerami
    becjerami Posts: 80
    Options
    STAY ON THE RIGHT! I was running with my woman in Queens along a bike/run path that follows part of the Long Island Expressway and I just about blew a gasket avoiding all the runners and bikers that wanted to cruise down the path on the left (my right). Seriously?! Do you drive on the left side of the road? No. Same applies to trails and paths. F***ing idiots. It was all I could muster to not go into a steady, flowing stream of obscenities at a lady power walking like nobody was in her way. Would have loved to give her an elbow to the eyesocket haha! Yes, I have a temper.

I have the same problem here in London, although it's the opposite side of the path obviously...
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Insects, since I'm allergic to EVERY one of them.

Wildlife, Bunnies and deer are cute, but I've been chased by bears and moose...scary AND motivating!

That's about it really...where I run there are no inconsiderate people, only critters :)
  • Corian3105
    Corian3105 Posts: 16
    Options

I've been chased by bears and moose...scary AND motivating!

Blimey, that makes a field of cows seem a bit tame!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Yep, I received a bug in my eye a few months ago - It was swollen for 3 days after... lol!
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    People who stand there and GAWP at you like they've never seen anyone running before. It's usually the groups of chavs.

Insects - had them in my eyes and my mouth before!

People who REFUSE to budge ever so slightly out of the way if you are sharing a pavement etc. (RUDE!)

Blazing sunshine!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    people who don't keep right (whether walking, or running in a race) and don't respond to calls of "on your left!"

Those who do not stop at stop signs and then glare at me for having the audacity to already be in the intersection!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

I've been chased by bears and moose...scary AND motivating!

Blimey, that makes a field of cows seem a bit tame!

Cows are nothing in my 'neck of the woods' try a moose in rutting season...hope you're an awesome tree climber :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I hate running in the mornings and come across wildlife. Not a fan of racoons or a fox in my path.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Horseflies are vicious on a wooded trail I run.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    When my neighbors want to have a conversation while I'm out running and pass their house. Can't you see I'm running???

And (as others have commented) people who don't keep their dogs leashed. I love dogs, really, but don't want to stop & play while I'm out for a run.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The woman with all the dogs (6 of them) who doesn't keep them on a lead during parkrun each Saturday. I swear that crabby old bat is doing it on purpose. :grumble:

Also, socks that slip and cause blisters. :grumble:
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I hate hanging spiders that I can't see, rude people who don't say hello when I jog pass them and say good morning and they look at me like I am a freak...Perverts who drive by and honk and yell out the window look at that *kitten*...I know I have a big one but that is why I am excersing to be healthy and loose weight!!! But none of this will stop me form running :bigsmile: