can you date your brothers ex wife

Options
Ok before you come here and immediately say no.. listen to the story..

I have only met her once before and that was ten years ago.. they divorced 8 years ago.. i havent seen her or talked to her in ten years.. then she brings my nephew up for vacation to visit my parents.. and we kinda hit it off. it wasnt expected. And if i am single and she is single whats it hurt right.. or am i way off base..

now you bring up they have a child together.. well he hasnt seen his son in years.. he is not in his life he doesnt even pay child support..

am i just making this stuff up in my head that it is ok because we really like each other or should i just not do it..

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    WOW.

The complexity of the story makes it OK somewhere......Just not anywhere I have ever been.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    How much do you like/hate your brother? Which state do you live in? :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    of all the women in the world to date, you want to date your brother's ex??

try again.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Even if I didn't speak to my brother, there is no way I'd consider it.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would still have to say, NO.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    IMO, life is too short!! If you can find some happiness in something or someone~ GO FOR IT! :smile:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I mean, if you guys hit it off... whatever.. the universe works in mysterious ways. But consider how this could impact your family, your brother, your nieces/nephews, etc. There are billions of women on the planet, so maybe keep looking for women that you hit it off with that won't cause drama.

Besides, do you really want his sloppy (and probably psycho) seconds??
  • MountainDont351LBS
    Options
    Sounds like he's a loser and she is a good person, hit it.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Off limits, no matter what. That would be like you sleeping with your brother, since they slept together and had a child. No shot in my book.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Normally, I would absolutely no-freaking-way but your brother sounds like like a horrible person. He doesn't see his child and doesn't pay child support, what a winner. I think these non-actions void his opinion. Tread with caution though, you could end up on Jerry Springer.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not in this lifetime. Besides, your brother divorced her pretty quick. Must be a reason.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Depends on the relationship you have with your brother. If you guys are close, I'd say that's a no. If not, go for it!
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hey, go for it. I mean, in biblical times you'd probably have been obliged to marry her, or stone her to death. Not really sure which one applies.

Don't stone her to death.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    Wow lots of mixed responses.. thats awesome.. that makes for a good convo... I do not talk to my brother as we dont get along.. last time i seen him we boxed.. my other family members thought it was pretty ok that we hit it off.. guess it is all situational
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    No, not okay. Regardless of what kind of person he is, he is your family.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    yeah they did divorce for a reason.. they where both in the air force and when SHE was deployed to iraq he cheated on her
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    IMO, life is too short!! If you can find some happiness in something or someone~ GO FOR IT! :smile:

this!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    "This is my uncle... Wait, no, my step-dad... wait, no, my uncle..."
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Umm I don't know about that....might be confusing for the kid if you guys get married...."my step-father is also my uncle" and " my half-sibling is also my cousin"..............You're step-son is also your nephew. Just doesn't sound right.

I would avoid creating a fire out of just a spark. I had a friend who hated growing up like that. His father married his mothers sister....There was a lot of resentment amongst the kids, parents and all the family.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with not okay.