Strength Training PR's - Brag About Your Success

Options

Replies

• EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So after about nine months of lifting I was finally able to increase my weight on my lateral raises and front raises to a 12 lb dumbbell. :) I only did 5 reps, but they are smaller muscles so I was just happy to increase the weight.
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just had a 125lb deadlift, 30# over my previous best
    75lb back squat, 25# over the previous
    and this morning I progressed from the 25# training bar to 65# power clean

as for reps, I had 7 rounds of 10 reps with 1 minute rest in between this morning on push press at 65#. My shoulders are angry now!

yay for picking up heavy sh...!! (I've only been lifting since April)

That's so awesome! I love it when other women are lifting!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Deadlift - 365lbs x5
    Chin Up - Bodyweight +25lbs x6 (257lbs total)
    Bench - 315lbs x 3
    Dip - Bodyweight +90lbs x8 (322lbs total)
    Squat - 315lbs x6
    overhead press - 90 lb dumbbells x 8
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    2011 17 reps of 315 flat bench (goal 20 reps)
    2012 2 reps of 405 flat bench (goal 450 lbs)

That's sick bro! Damn!
    lateral raises and front raises to a 12 lb dumbbell.

Good for you, progress is progress. Often those smaller muscle groups can be slow to progress but they are important to overall muscle health. Try super-setting lateral and front raises with shoulder presses sometime to break-up the routine. 1)Lateral -> 2) Front -> 3) Shoulder Press. Do like 4 or 5 sets of 8, can be killer.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    2010 is when I started to set yearly goals.....by December 31st of that year.

Personal Best
    2010 34 reps of 225 flat bench (goal 35 reps)

34!?!?! thats amazing! You know the record for NFL Combine is 51 reps of 225! Avg. is mid 30s reps
    17 reps of 315 is wow.

Impressive man.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Kick-*kitten* Thread- I'm on a rest week and so I don't have anything I'm particularly excited to share- but I want in on the convo anyway!
  • JNick77
    Options
    Deadlift - 365lbs x5
    Chin Up - Bodyweight +25lbs x6 (257lbs total)
    Bench - 315lbs x 3
    Dip - Bodyweight +90lbs x8 (322lbs total)
    Squat - 315lbs x6
    overhead press - 90 lb dumbbells x 8

Nice, I can't wait until I can post 315 for the bench press. I was actually doing sets of 4 with 90lbs on the Dip bar but my shoulder impingement got real bad and I just stopped doing that and close grip benching altogether.
    Kick-*kitten* Thread- I'm on a rest week and so I don't have anything I'm particularly excited to share- but I want in on the convo anyway!

Awesome, can't wait to see what you have to post next week. :)
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to dip my toes into weight lifting world to test the waters. I think women who lift are pretty damn awesome!

I only did bench pressing today (and then some machines and cardio) and I began by benching the bar. I struggled to do 30 reps
    (no upper body strength but my lower body strength is pretty awesome). Weakling over here :blushing: , haha! But I can't wait to get some strength gains. We all have to start somewhere, right? :smile:

Keep up the great work, everybody!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    2010 is when I started to set yearly goals.....by December 31st of that year.

Personal Best
    2010 34 reps of 225 flat bench (goal 35 reps)
    Sick dude....those reps are awesome
  • JNick77
    Options
    I'm just starting to dip my toes into weight lifting world to test the waters.

I began by benching the bar. I struggled to do 30 reps

Good for you for starting. Some women struggle with the bar alone so good job. Checkout something like Stronglifts 5x5 or 5/3/1 to help give you some direction with your workouts.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to dip my toes into weight lifting world to test the waters. I think women who lift are pretty damn awesome!

I only did bench pressing today (and then some machines and cardio) and I began by benching the bar. I struggled to do 30 reps
    (no upper body strength but my lower body strength is pretty awesome). Weakling over here :blushing: , haha! But I can't wait to get some strength gains. We all have to start somewhere, right? :smile:

Keep up the great work, everybody!

Don't feel bad about it at all. A lot of women cannot lift the bar at all and 30 reps is fatiguing. The good thing about starting is that you can get pretty good progression early on. Just a suggestion, lower the reps a bit and throw a little more weight on and see how you go!

ETA: LOL, was typing while JNick77 was posting so I duplicated some of his thoughts!
  • JNick77
    Options
    This isn't a common exercise that people max out on but I have to post this. Two weeks ago I did a 230lb Good Morning for a single. It was weird because I actually had people watching me when I did, there was a lot of :noway: going on. LOL. I typically keep to myself and people were coming up to me to talk about Good Mornings and this week I've seen two people that I talked to do GM's now. LOL
  • hellosara08
    Options
    I'm just starting to dip my toes into weight lifting world to test the waters.

I began by benching the bar. I struggled to do 30 reps

Good for you for starting. Some women struggle with the bar alone so good job. Checkout something like Stronglifts 5x5 or 5/3/1 to help give you some direction with your workouts.

Thank you! I kind of have no clue what I'm doing, lol. Ah, the life of a cardio bunny. :ohwell:
    Definitely will look into this, though. :smile:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    This isn't a common exercise that people max out on but I have to post this. Two weeks ago I did a 230lb Good Morning for a single. It was weird because I actually had people watching me when I did, there was a lot of :noway: going on. LOL. I typically keep to myself and people were coming up to me to talk about Good Mornings and this week I've seen two people that I talked to do GM's now. LOL

Ive just started doing them, but couldn't imagine putting that much on the bar - I still struggle with the movement of the bar (and that's only with 93lb!
  • hellosara08
    Options

The good thing about starting is that you can get pretty good progression early on. Just a suggestion, lower the reps a bit and throw a little more weight on and see how you go!

ETA: LOL, was typing while JNick77 was posting so I duplicated some of his thoughts!

I'm excited for the progression to come. BRING IT! LOL. And I imagine myself pinned to bench, limbs flailing like a cartoon, but gonna try adding some weights. Thanks! :smile:
  • JNick77
    Options
    So much good stuff in this thread I can barely keep up. This is good stuff, catch up with everybody tomorrow.
  • JNick77
    Options

The good thing about starting is that you can get pretty good progression early on. Just a suggestion, lower the reps a bit and throw a little more weight on and see how you go!

I'm excited for the progression to come. BRING IT! LOL. And I imagine myself pinned to bench, limbs flailing like a cartoon, but gonna try adding some weights. Thanks! :smile:

HA!!! That happens to everybody at some point, just try and get a spotter when you can or when you think you're really pushing your limits.
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    2 weeks into NROL4W and my PR for Deadlift is 140 lbs for 15 reps.. As the reps would go down i am excited to add more plates :))
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Okay, I want in, too. My Deadlift PR today, 165 for 5 reps.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm totally impressed what strong women we have here!