Fit N' Fun-Sized - WEEK 5!

Options
Just starting the new week thread so I don't lose it this week. :tongue: Happy posting!

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I'm ready for another week or working out and saying no to Christmas cookies :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

This week will definitely hold some struggles for me... being with family means FOOD! Luckily, we'll be celebrating at my house and I will be doing all the cooking, so that means I'll have all the control. I'm not usually a control freak, but since I'm changed my eating habits... ok, I guess I am now. LOL! I'm looking forward to sharing some great new recipes!

Whether your new to the group or not, you're changing your life! Be the strong women that I know you are! Get out there, enjoy yourself and share your joy!!!

Merry Christmas!

Janet

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Ok ya'll I lost 2.2 pounds today...I am now at 159.8. Exciting day for me. I am going to CA this weekend and my goal was to be in the 150s beforehand...and I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Ok ya'll I lost 2.2 pounds today...I am now at 159.8. Exciting day for me. I am going to CA this weekend and my goal was to be in the 150s beforehand...and I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! That is awesome!
  • barbiecat
    Options

:flowerforyou: Cherie, Congratulations on getting into the 150's. I just read your profile where you said that your friends think you're "obsessed", well good for you. :bigsmile: I've been told things like that too, by women who are eating doughnuts as they tell me I'm getting too thin and I'm too "rigid" about my eating.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Keep doing what you're doing and keep coming to us for support and encouragement.
    :heart: Barbie
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    55 mins of cardio-DONE.
    Gotta step it up...I haven't been losing anything for weeks!! Although the scale did go down a pound from yesterday, so i am pretty happy about that! Lets hope i can keep it off, especially since my mom is making Christmas cookies this week. danger danger!!!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Cherie, Congratulations on getting into the 150's. I just read your profile where you said that your friends think you're "obsessed", well good for you. :bigsmile: I've been told things like that too, by women who are eating doughnuts as they tell me I'm getting too thin and I'm too "rigid" about my eating.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Keep doing what you're doing and keep coming to us for support and encouragement.
    :heart: Barbie

Barbie thank you!!! After my 5K I went out to eat lunch and then after that I went to the gym and people are like "What?!?!?! you just worked out." They don't understand that youhave to be focused...or at least I do until my goal is reached and even after that. I do not want to get back to where I was...It's just not going to happen...its taken A LOT of hard work to get to this point. There is no turning back. You guys are wonderful!!
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Yeah! Great job! :love: I love it!

Going to the gym after running a 5K - that's amazing!

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I am so late checking in, but I've been out of town and recovering from that!!

I lost 1.6 lbs this week, I am now at 182.4, so I'm so happy!!!!

The best part is though I bought new jeans this morning and got to get a size 10!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::flowerforyou: :love:

Haven't been there for ages!!

Tonight is boot camp so I will burn it up then! Hope everyone has a great week!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Since I couldn't weigh in at home I'll use Thursday's weigh-in of 130.6. I have been under my cals for the past few days, and yesterday ate only 1200 even after 4 hours of shoveling snow! So I am confident I'm losing steadily.

Oh, and I did a total of 6 hrs of shoveling in 2 days! :tongue: I am pretty sore today. I'm heading to the gym later on to run and do some bodyweight lifting.
  • gwainwright
    gwainwright Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I've lost 1Lb, so am down to 141 now - yipee!!

Hope everyone else is doing well and good luck on your journeys everybody

xxx
  • barbiecat
    Options

I lost 1.6 lbs this week, I am now at 182.4, so I'm so happy!!!!

The best part is though I bought new jeans this morning and got to get a size 10!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::flowerforyou: :love:

Haven't been there for ages!!
    Congratulations.........every victory is worth celebrating......one day, one pound, one size, every milestone is a time to stand up and cheer........keep up the good work.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Well my gym parking lot was totally snowed in, the local roads are crap, and my snowboots are still wet from yesterday, plus the sidewalks are non-existent. So instead I stayed in and did:

dynamic stretching, ~5 min
    1 min. wall sit X2
    1 min. plie squats X2
    1 min. front lunges
    1 min reverse lunges
    2X15 push ups
    2X12 tricep pushups
    2X15 sit ups
    2X30 sec. side plank lifts each side
    All with 30 sec rests between exercises
    *(no back work today because it's VERY sore from shoveling...chest and abs were sore too, but not as bad)
    60 Min. stationary biking

It was about 75 min. total, not including the stretches afterward. I wish I could've gotten to the gym safely, but I am glad I did this instead! Some days I'm so discouraged that I can't go to the gym that I don't want to do anything else LOL.:tongue:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there was a new thread, so, yesterday's post is in the week 4 thread. Anyway, today's workout is complete. I completed Jillian Michael's fat burning-boost metabolism dvd (5 minute warm up, 40 minute circuit training, 5 cool down). I'm soo glad the burn 500 calories a day challenge is over. While I still plan to continue my weight loss journey I'm trying not to obsess about it and realize it will come off in time with consistent behavior (eating healthy and exercising). As long as I do some form of exercise at least 5 days a week and eat healthy i'm sure I'll see some progress.

Have a great day!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    -40 mins circuit training-DONE
    -Christmas shopping-DONE lol

PM Goals:
    -30 mins cardio
    -Stay within cals
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I was bad last night!! :cry: Stayed up WAY too late and munched on junk food!!!

4 Joe Joes (like oreos)
    3 small sugar cookies
    ~1 cup baked cheese poofs
    1 tbsp goose liver pate' on whole grain bread
    1 tbsp nutella and 1/2 banana on whole grain bread
    small slice gingerbread cake
    ~1/4 cup heath bar ice cream

Obviously I felt like CRAP after that. :sick: This morning I woke up and did 30 hard minutes on our stationary bike. Later on I'm lifting and running. I'll probably also play Wii Sports Resort today. Other than this I have been super good! I think it happened because I underate so badly the day before.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I was bad last night!! :cry: Stayed up WAY too late and munched on junk food!!!

4 Joe Joes (like oreos)
    3 small sugar cookies

Obviously I felt like CRAP after that. :sick: This morning I woke up and did 30 hard minutes on our stationary bike. Later on I'm lifting and running. I'll probably also play Wii Sports Resort today. Other than this I have been super good! I think it happened because I underate so badly the day before.

You are such the dedicated person as it relates to exercising and eating healthy that I am not worry at all that you had a bad day. I know you will get back on track w/no problem. We all have those days so don't beat yourself up about it.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    After my 5K I went out to eat lunch and then after that I went to the gym and people are like "What?!?!?! you just worked out." They don't understand that youhave to be focused...or at least I do until my goal is reached and even after that. I do not want to get back to where I was...It's just not going to happen...its taken A LOT of hard work to get to this point. There is no turning back. You guys are wonderful!!

I couldn't agree with you more. It takes A LOT of hard work to get to this point. A LOT of focus on eating right and A LOT of exercise. It's not always easy....heck if it were easy everyone would be fit. But, the results of puting in all that effort on eating right and exercising (to the max some days!?!?) are WORTH IT.

-Sherry
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    was bad last night!! Stayed up WAY too late and munched on junk food!!!

4 Joe Joes (like oreos)
    3 small sugar cookies

Obviously I felt like CRAP after that. This morning I woke up and did 30 hard minutes on our stationary bike. Later on I'm lifting and running. I'll probably also play Wii Sports Resort today. Other than this I have been super good! I think it happened because I underate so badly the day before.

I wonder if part of your eating this extra food has to do with you being at 1200 calories and doing all of the shoveling?
    Any way, I also think you should feel somewhat accomplished....did you notice that your *bad Food* listed above contains healthy food choices? Goose liver on Whole grain bread and nutella and 1/2 banana on whole grain bread....since when is that junk food !?!?! Just don't feel too bad about it. You are obviously making better food choices.

This reminds me of a Jillian Michaels Article I read recently:
    Keep in mind, all this work — mental and physical — is helping you look at your life in new ways, with deeper insight and understanding. The bottom line is this: You can never go back to your old way of life if you want to maintain your new physique. You're on the wagon, my friend. As with any kind of recovery, just because you're rehabilitated doesn't mean you don't have to be vigilant to guard against a relapse.

All that soul-searching and honest examination has to continue. All those behavior modifications and healthy, life-affirming habits you learned have to stay in place every day for the rest of your life.

I know, it sucks and it's hard. Whatever. It's the truth. The good news is that it will get easier. You'll get accustomed to how awesome it feels to treat yourself well, not to mention how awesome you'll feel every time you look in the mirror or catch your reflection in a store window! Eventually, behaviors and choices you've had to think through will become gut instinct.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well! I am in NY at my mom's house for the next couple weeks to do the holiday rounds. I have been trying not to pig out on the cookies my little sister made and have been doing okay. I ran Gateway to 8K Week 2, Day 1 yesterday, so today I am going to do 30 Day Shred Level 2. Tomorrow is another running day.

Just rolling with the punches of the holiday season. I will be happy if I don't get up of 170 by new years (I am at 168.5 right now). :tongue: It will be better if I keep losing though - even if just a half a pound. :wink: Portion control, portion control. :laugh: