all my single ladies

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I don't know how sexy it is but I definitely got my workout on this morning. There are only 2 more days left of boot camp (Wed & Fri) so she brought it today. All in all it was a great workout and I burned over 500 calories so that's how I got my sexy on.

Nice! You are SO close. Keep that dress in mind!

Today I'm getting my sexy on because I styled my new hair cut and I'm wearing a really cute shirt I bought at Gap Outlet for $6!

Later on I'm starting my Freeway to 10K training, I can't wait!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I don't know how sexy it is but I definitely got my workout on this morning. There are only 2 more days left of boot camp (Wed & Fri) so she brought it today. All in all it was a great workout and I burned over 500 calories so that's how I got my sexy on.

Nice! You are SO close. Keep that dress in mind!

Today I'm getting my sexy on because I styled my new hair cut and I'm wearing a really cute shirt I bought at Gap Outlet for $6!

Later on I'm starting my Freeway to 10K training, I can't wait!!

Girl, you are soooooo AWESOME!!!!. You not only motivate and educate members but you definitely get your workout on.

Thank you again for all the motivation you've offered over the last few weeks. It has definitely helped. Now go get your sexy on.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I'm glad to help Choco!!

Okay, so tonight I was SO sneaky heheh!!

I was running on the indoor track and I saw my trainer guy come in and go to spinning class. So I'm wondering how to strike up a conversation and also noticing how stiff and sore my legs are...and it came to me! Sign up for some sessions with him doing PNF stretching! It's a type of stretching that requires a partner (who knows what they're doing). I really DO need it anyway. So after my workout I went up and asked him about it. This gave me a chance to finally formally introduce myself! And then he asked me about school and such, and I got the little info packet to fill out and we're going to be meeting 2X a week for about 15 min. sessions. So I will get one full session in two weeks. He also said if he's not busy I can just grab him and do some quick stretching. Now I have his phone # lol but it's not like I can use it to call him up and ask him out...yet. :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I'm glad to help Choco!!

Okay, so tonight I was SO sneaky heheh!!

I was running on the indoor track and I saw my trainer guy come in and go to spinning class. So I'm wondering how to strike up a conversation and also noticing how stiff and sore my legs are...and it came to me! Sign up for some sessions with him doing PNF stretching! It's a type of stretching that requires a partner (who knows what they're doing). I really DO need it anyway. So after my workout I went up and asked him about it. This gave me a chance to finally formally introduce myself! And then he asked me about school and such, and I got the little info packet to fill out and we're going to be meeting 2X a week for about 15 min. sessions. So I will get one full session in two weeks. He also said if he's not busy I can just grab him and do some quick stretching. Now I have his phone # lol but it's not like I can use it to call him up and ask him out...yet. :bigsmile:

All is fair in Love and War, you get your man girl....LOL I hope it works out for you. Not feeling particularly sexy today b/c it's rainy/misty and my hair looks a hot mess. I go to the hair salon tomorrow after work and I CAN'T WAIT......getting my hair done definitely makes me feel sexy.

As for my workout: It's day 26 of my challenge (burn at least 500 calories a day for 30 days) and i'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I found a boredom buster treadmill incline interval routine online and decided to take on that challenge. What a challenge it was. At my highest incline I was at an 8.0 and jogging at a speed of 4.0. I've never been so happy to see a minute pass before in my life. Anyway, I did that routine for 45 minutes which equated to 3.52 miles jogged and 338 calories burned. In order to ensure I burned at least 500 calories I hopped on the elliptical for 25 minutes. I was able to burn 234 calories for a total of 572. I'M EXHAUSTED but I have to complete this work assignment so there's no rest in my immediate future.

Have a great day ladies.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Yea, the humidity does awful things to my hair! So today it's tied back. I didn't feel like doing much with it after my morning cardio anyway! :tongue: I am HUNGRY today and just looking forward to my workout because that always distracts me. I'm hoping to leave work around 3:00 to get a good workout and meal in before our lab party tonight. I'm going to bring a veggie tray and only hang out for a little while so I'm not tempted!! I'll keep my date on Saturday in mind (w/ someone in D.C., not gym guy LOL). And in 9 days I get to EAT.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I tried my little black dress on this morning and I can't believe it almost zipped up. I had the biggest grin on my face b/c my birthday is in a month and it looks like I'll be able to fit into it if I stay focused. I remember when I first tried the dress on back in September and it could barely get past my thighs never mind zip up the back BUT today not only did it move effortlessly up my hips but it ALMOST zipped to the top. I can not believe how much progress I have made and am extremely happy. This may have been just the boost I need to see the 30 day challenge through. WOOHOO.......WOOHOO!!!!!

awesome job choco and I agree with songbyrd - 2 extra days to get ur sexy on! still admiring how committed u are to this challenge.
    songbyrd 0- keep up the great workouts girl, I wish I were as tough as you chick

on the bf issue:

wow I really enjoyed these past few comments. they were really interesting esp. since I haven't been able to get on MFP all week or weekend for that matter.

choco - damn girl u are brave lol I would never have the guts to be that str8 fwd with a guy. then again I do know how to flirt my butt off but ultimately I let him pursue me. hehe. guess thats also part of me being old fashioned. but u are right sometimes u have to seize the moment! this guy i used to like and he liked me back we used to talk all the time and he told me he liked me but i was so afraid to get into a relationship for fear it won't work or something that we lost touch and a year later BOOM! HE WAS MARRIED. that shocked me and made me realize time waits for no one.

on the other hand, if its someone at the gym I would be careful cuz then if something goes bad u will still ahve to sse him all the time. I'm not saying don't talk to him just be careful about what u say, etc. other than that go for it songbyrd! lol
    great job on getting his number and get the ball rolling I can't wait to see how this turns out. lol as for the other guy if he can't get with the program, then forget about him. I find that I have the same frustrations as you both do with men and games - I used to do it but now I can't deal with it.

Update on me:
    I have been home since saturday ( 80+ degree weather in beautiful Belize!!!!) enjoying my time home with my family, definately watching what I eat. everyone is actually surprised by my new eating habits and I find myself craving healthy food all day while I push away all the unhealthy stuff being bought for the house, etc. on the downside I brought my turbo jam DVD's to work out with and can u believe that with 3 dvd players in the house not one works! grrrrrrrr not even the one on the computer. I'm so efffin pissed u can't imagine. and no one will work out with me, so I can't go running/ joggin by myself (not safe)
    I'm waiting for my mom to get back to town tomorrw so she can do it with me cuz she loves to work out. so far its been very frustrating but I am really watching wat I eat plus I've been running around with my lil nephews 6 and 3 years taking care of them and playing with them, so I hope that counts for something! haha

anyways ya'll I don't have much access to internet as before so I will try to check in as much as I can .
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Nola, great job keeping on track even when you're home! That's when I fall off the wagon HARD. Actually, I usually tuck and roll and DIVE off the wagon. :tongue: Not this year!!

Last night was our office lab party. I brought a veggie tray and a marinated olive/pepper tray. I ate one tablespoon of eclair cake, 3 smoked wings, and the rest was veggies and salsa! I had about 300 calories left for the night so I know I was ok. I worked out about 95 minutes yesterday and only allotted 1400, so I was still in a big deficit.

Today is day 2 of the Freeway to 10k challenge. My legs are just perpetually sore these days. :sick: Walking around at work and some painkillers should ease it up a little bit.

Saturday I have a date with a guy I met over Thanksgiving break in DC...wow he is ever a cutie! He's from Barbados but has lived here several years. We've talked every day since then, and when he found out I was coming home on the 19th, he asked to see me! Last night we chatted on the phone (neither of us are phone people LOL we just like to text randomly during the day). So we have a gym/dinner/dancing date and I am SO excited. Apparently he goes to a Bally's and I've never been there, so I'm interested to see the new atmosphere. It's a full body training day for me so I am gonna make a BEAST program and show off! :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Yikes...I have been trying to walk around to ease the painful soreness in my quads today...this is UNREAL soreness. I think today I'll have to take an unscheduled rest. :sad: I was only going to eat 1300 cals anyway, so I'm not worried about the deficit. I'm just disappointed I can't work out!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Nola: I'm so glad you had a moment to check in w/the single ladies and i'm glad you're trip home has been fun thus far. keep up the great work regarding staying with in your calories b/c that's very hard to do when i go home. I'm proud that you even attempted to work out b/c I know staying a program when at home surrounded by those who could care less about eating healthy or working out.

Songbyrd: You are soooo amazing I don't how many ways to say it. You're dedication to your workouts and eating healthy is so inspiring. I know I'm alot older than you but I want to be like you when I grow up.....LOL

Well here's my deal for today:

Day 27 of the challenge is complete. I had boot camp today and boy did she BRING IT. Our boot camp instructor gave us her version of "The Amazing Race". We were partnered up and the objective was to be the first team to complete the following exercises:

25 alternating lunges w/shoulder press, 25 crunches, 25 bicycles, 25 toe touches, 25 high knees, 25 butt kicks, 25 jump squats, 100 jumping jacks, 35 step up/knee ups, 150 jump ropes, 30 push ups, 30 partner sit-ups, 25 dumbbell raises, 50 squats, 25 squats w/shoulder press, 30 hip raises w/chest press, 20 burpees, 30 twisting mountain climbers, 25 front raises, 25 lateral raises, 30 push ups (again) and 30 steam engines. There may have been other exercises but I cant remember at the moment.

My partner and I came in first so we'll receive our prize on Friday. I'm unsure of the number of calories burned but I'M SURE it was over 500 b/c I had sweat blinding me from it pouring all in my face and my heart rate was elevated the entired time.

I am proud of the progress I made b/c when we did this a few weeks back my partner and were unable to complete all of the exercises prior to the instructor calling "time". Today, not only were we the first team but we finished in record time.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I am short on time today b/c I'm about to head to a meeting but day 28 is complete. I was able to burn 267 calories after 30 minutes on the stairmaster (not the stepper but the actual moving stairs) so I hoped on the treadmill for another 30 minutes and burned 265 calories. My total for today is 532 calories burned and only 2 days left for this challenge.....YIPPEE....YIPPEE....YIPPEE!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Congrats on the win Choco, you deserved it!!!

I am back in Northern VA at my parents' house until Jan 4th. I have a lot of fun plans for the next couple weeks! I do have a date (woohoo!) but other than that will be out there by my onesies a lot since I don't know anyone up here anymore! I still brought all my cute clothes and plan to look chic everywhere I go, because last time I looked very dated! :tongue: Plus I am feeling really lean today! :bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Choco, I thought this was the funniest thing b/c I say this all the time!
    I just do not have the time nor the desire to play games

Monday I made it all the way through the Firm 500 calorie burn. I despise all lunges but know they are good for me and make me feel strong.

Yesterday I got my hair done so I feel so light. I rocked my skinny jeans and deflected all negativity.

Today I completed W2D2 of C25K and I am feeling full of energy.

Have a Diva Day
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Day 29 of the challenge is officially complete. Today was the last day of exercise boot camp (next session begins January 4, 2010) and we had to do a final weigh in w/measurements and a fit test. So here's the deal, I'm down a total of 5 lbs in six weeks. I would be very discouraged if I hadn't actually lost 4% body fat too. I'm not sure why my weight is increasing but my body fat percentage is decreasing but I have to stay motivated. I know my goal weight of 125 lbs is attainable but this process can be very frustrating at times.

Now that I'm off my soapbox let me share the great news. I won the "star camper" award which is an award giving to the camper who came to boot camp everyday, gave 100% while there, submitted their food logs on a consistent basis and completed every homework assignment. As a result of winning this award I received $25.00 off my next boot camp session and an "Eating Clean" by Tosca Renos cookbook. My partner and I also won a gift card to Smoothie King for winning the biggest loser contest we had on Wednesday.

Finally, here are the results from the weigh in and fit test.....drum roll please.............

Starting weight: 136 lbs Current weight: 131 lbs
    Starting body fat%: 30.8% Current body fat%: 26.8%
    Starting chest: 33 inches Current chest: 31 inches
    Starting waist: 32 inches Current waist: 28 inches
    Starting hips: 38 inches Current hips: 36.25 inches

The fit test was timed, so, the numbers I'm giving are what was completed in 1 minute

Initial push ups (knees): 40 Current push ups (knees): 51 (I can now do 20 standard push ups)
    Initial toe touches: 54 Current toe touches: 70
    Initial seated dips: 50 Current seated dips: 63
    Initial jumping jacks: 84 Current jumping jacks: 90
    Initial squat presses w/5lbs weights: 35 Current squat presses w/5lbs weights: 47 (I've since moved to 8 lbs weights)
    Initial burpees: 16 Current burpees: 22

So despite not losing as much weight as I had hoped I am very encouraged b/c not only is the little black dress beginning to fit a little better but I'm clearly getting stronger and my endurance is increasing......YEAH CHOCOLICKKYSS.

In addition to this we did some other exercises. Not exactly sure of the calories burned but the way I was sweating and how elevated my heart rate was i'm sure I met the challenge.

Initially I wasn't feeling sexy after seeing the scale creep up for the second week in a row but when I put everything in perspective you can't know what i've accomplished and that has me feeling quite sexy.

Have a great weekend all.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    My date had to be rescheduled for tomorrow because of this DUMB snow!! :sad:
    I did get to see him yesterday though because I came into town early. :love: He took me to lunch at Whole Foods and took me to the Bally's to look around and other than that we chilled at his apartment and chatted. I'm super bummed I have to wait until tomorrow!! Then on the 22nd he's going to Barbados to visit his family. I don't know when I'll see him after that.

I took my anger out on the snow by shoveling my neighborhood for an hour. Did all but 3 houses' walkways cause I was tired by the end! One nice lady is paying me $15.

Choco, I don't pay a lot of attention to the scale. I use body fat and the mirror. You lost a lot of body fat and inches, be super proud!!!:drinker:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Despite all the plans I had to accomplish my weekend tasks unraveling and me feeling like the TOM is rapidly approaching (cramping, tired, irritable) I can officially announce that day 30 of the challenge (burn at least 500 calories for 30 consecutive days) is COMPLETE. Since I missed my Saturday kickboxing class thank to Jiffy Lube being awfully slow this morning servicing my car I decided to take out some of my old kickboxing dvds and rock it out. 70 minutes later I was done and over 500 calories burned. I am sooooo proud of myself for not giving up on this challenge along time ago BUT it is now over and I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    HEY SINGLE LADIES!!!!

Ok sooo....

I've been traveling for the past two weeks and since I haven't had my laptop with me, I haven't been recording my foods here on MFP and it's terrible because I've gained a little weight :( It's kind of discouraging but I'm trying not to let that get me down too much.

BUT -- during the two weeks I was traveling, I got my sexy on EVERY DAY!!! I was in New York City, so I walked allllll over the city and it was a wonderful way to exercise! Also, one morning I went ice skating in Central Park -- so amazing! I love finding ways to exercise that are also FUN!

Now of course y'all know that I'm the one who created this group and I'm the one who called it "SINGLE ladies," and while of course we welcome hot mamas of every relationship status, we love to celebrate our singleness! So while I was in the city I kept seeing all these couples all happy together but I didn't let it get me down -- I just made my life super sexy to compensate!!!

Can anybody share some ideas for saying no to unhealthy snacking during the holidays? That's always my worst time!!!

KEEP SEXYING IT UP, GIRLS!!!

Michelle :)
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    Ps: Where's leshawnturner??? She used to be on here all the time! Let's make sure she's still getting her sexy on like I'm sure she is!!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies,
    my vacation is over and I'm back to work which should make logging and posting 10x easier.
    hope everyone is doing well. I'm just trying to get back into the flow of things. Hope to hear back from all of you!
    Oh and I am getting my sexy on with a size L shirt which fits loose and a size 12 pants which used to be tight and now falling off.
    I hope I didnt gain weight over my vacation, I will know Saturday when I weigh in.
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    What's up single ladies --

I'm on vacation snowboarding in Colorado so I feel like I get my sexy on every time I run down the mountain!

I hope y'all are all having a good holiday and staying with the exercise and eating as right as you can given the season! Don't forget to drink your water!!!

I'll be able to post more regularly when I get back home and back to my schedule.

GET YOUR SEXY ON!!!

michelle :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Wow, you guys sound like you're having some fun!!

I am a little bummed that I haven't done anything fun over break besides a couple dates. I work out 2X a day because there's nothing else to do LOL :tongue:

I am looking super good though. We've gone out to eat as a family a couple times and I've worn my cute new outfits. I already have one planned for NYE! I just don't know what I'm going to do. :grumble:

I made a good NY Resolution: Know what I deserve, and act on it. I started by telling one of my casual 'beaus' that I am interested in something with substance and the opportunity for a long-term relationship. I told him if he's not interested in that, I'm going to make myself available to someone who appreciates me and knows what I'm worth.

Well THAT had him opening up and apologizing. :laugh: His upbringing was pretty much devoid of emotional enrichment so he finds these things difficult to talk about. I know he's a good person but he needs to be more honest and direct.