Everyone do me a favor...

Options

Replies

• markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION EVERYONE: please be advised that you may continue to pursue your journey to fitness however the you would like.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start a thread asking for motivation and you can't stop me! Na na na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo.
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    stop posting on these forums asking for some motivation. Listen, your either motivated, or not. If your not going to put in the work then expect to maintain what you currently have. There is no secret pill, workout, training plan, etc. You put in the work you will see results.

Why does suddenly everyone need motivation? Its a very simple thing. Either you want to do something, or you don't. What's the mystery? Besides, if your motivated enough to join this site and ask for motivation aren't you motivated enough to put in the work?

WITHOUT LABOR, NOTHING PROSPERS!

STOP TALKING ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT!

I have been around woodworking forums since the internet came into being... Was the Moderator for one of the largest woodworking forums for 8 years... and I learned one thing: There is ALWAYS someone who thinks they can tell others how/what/when to post.

Never ceases to amaze me though.

It's real easy... read it, or don't. Not so tough now was it?
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Joining here was a first step. They came here knowing that there will be people here to support them as well as a way to get this whole weight loss thing organized. Sometimes a person needs some encouragment and there is nothing wrong with that. Some people have a very very long way to go and the battle ahead is full of discouragment and disappointment. There is nothing wrong with a little jumpstart from your peers, a story here and there from someone who has been there already. There is however, something wrong with somebody making people feel like they can't come out and say "I'm having trouble today" You sir are an *kitten*.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    This is motivation

69f5c802ec1cb223f1a29c138cb0033c.gif
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

That's all I got.
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options
    Any parent can tell you there are times when you "motivate" your children to do something (go to a relatives for dinner, clean their room, go to a museum, whatever) by various techniques. The child knows the museum, the broccoli, the room-cleaning, the whatever is a good thing to do but they lack the DISCIPLINE to motivate themselves - at first. So parents provide motivation; external motivation, until the child learns to motivate himself or herself.

Some of us at MFP are children, emotionally, about our diet and exercise. So we look to our peers to be friends, authority figures, work-out buddies, what ever you want to call it. It works for us. Good for you if you don't need this, but I do. You don't need external motivation and you don't like reading about it? Please move on to another thread. I will not let your rant against external motivation stop me from seeking it.

Either way, the only thing that matters is our personal health and well-being, and I am stoked for you that you are doing so well on your own. Keep it up! :happy:

Well said!!!

I think when some are asking for "motivation", they really mean they want the like-minded people to help them out, give them support. One friend may be all it takes to say "hey I know..." to help you get over than hump and get moving again cuz we might have come here for a reason and have been motivated to get started, but that doesn't mean that everyday we WANT to be here or we want to work out or eat right that day. That one person, probably a total stranger, can have the power to move us. Whats so wrong with that??
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Everyones response: " I don't like to be told what to do?" So then why ask for motivation/support.....aren't people telling you what to do? Ya know... "Keep going" "Keep it up".... I'm saying you are all motivated because your using this site right? So why ask for it? Just be about it.

Because there are times when people hit a low point and instead of giving up, they reach out for help. Does that make them any less of a person? No.
    I am self-motivated like you and though I agree with your 'be about it' approach 100%, I think there are times people just need a little extra fuel to light that fire under their arses. And who is anyone to judge where it comes from? Motivation comes in all shapes and colors.
  • Kei801
    Kei801 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If ppl didn't need "motivation" to achieve their goals we'd be living in a world where everyone would be completly happy with their physical appearance.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    OP, why do we owe you any favors?
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i think some pooped in the op's wheaties:bigsmile:
  • racbergs
    racbergs Posts: 72
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with asking for a little help getting motivated. Its really easy to join this site and SAY that you are going to do it, but it's not always so easy to ACTUALLY do it... some of us need a little extra help, and possibly a complete stranger telling us that we can do it, because they did!
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Joining here was a first step. They came here knowing that there will be people here to support them as well as a way to get this whole weight loss thing organized. Sometimes a person needs some encouragment and there is nothing wrong with that. Some people have a very very long way to go and the battle ahead is full of discouragment and disappointment. There is nothing wrong with a little jumpstart from your peers, a story here and there from someone who has been there already. There is however, something wrong with somebody making people feel like they can't come out and say "I'm having trouble today" You sir are an *kitten*.
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i think some pooped in the op's wheaties:bigsmile:

haha nope, I don't like Wheaties
  • v3x1m2
    v3x1m2 Posts: 10
    Options
    Who hurt you?
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You sir are an *kitten*.

:drinker:
  • mefit87
    mefit87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Motivation is what pushes us as humans to be persistent and reach our personal goals. It's very much needed. It's important to have the ability to motivate ourselves by ourselves, but most of the time we tend to push harder when we get it from other sources (i.e friends, competitors, family, tv , magazines, celebrities etc)... ... That's just my opinion :)
  • blackjax007
    Options
    There are days that I wake up and say to myself - self, I don't want to exercise today or my body aches too much, then I see all my other mfpeeps out there busting their arses and that motivates me to get my *kitten* in gear too. I am self motivated, but it is great to have a group of friends that pushes you even harder.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Uhmmm. Why did you join this site if you are willing to give and receive motivation? You can just keep a paper diary and have done with it.
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    stop posting on these forums asking for some motivation. Listen, your either motivated, or not. If your not going to put in the work then expect to maintain what you currently have. There is no secret pill, workout, training plan, etc. You put in the work you will see results.

Why does suddenly everyone need motivation? Its a very simple thing. Either you want to do something, or you don't. What's the mystery? Besides, if your motivated enough to join this site and ask for motivation aren't you motivated enough to put in the work?

WITHOUT LABOR, NOTHING PROSPERS!

STOP TALKING ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT!

You don't need to read the posts about motivation if they are not helpful for you. I pick and choose my topics to read