Everyone do me a favor...

Options

Replies

• Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Uhmmm. Why did you join this site if you are willing to give and receive motivation? You can just keep a paper diary and have done with it.

To learn and help others with questions if I can. Everyone on this site is MOTIVATED. You wouldn't be here if you weren't....that all I'm saying.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Everyones response: " I don't like to be told what to do?" So then why ask for motivation/support.....aren't people telling you what to do? Ya know... "Keep going" "Keep it up".... I'm saying you are all motivated because your using this site right? So why ask for it? Just be about it.

I dont need a daily atta boy but once in a while its nice to have someone say your doing great, not everyone has family and friends who gives a rat behind to even notice you are trying to better yourself
  • HisPixie
    HisPixie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Let's just let everyone and anyone use the site in a manner which is most productive for them. It is irksome that any individual believes that what is right for him/her is right for everyone.

Now, OP, do me a favor and use proper punctuation. If YOU'RE going to throw stones, at least speak (type) properly.
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options
    Uhmmm. Why did you join this site if you are willing to give and receive motivation? You can just keep a paper diary and have done with it.

So true!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Looks like Bobby Clerici got himself a new account again. :laugh:
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Looks like Bobby Clerici got himself a new account again. :laugh:

heehee
  • beka3
    beka3 Posts: 30
    Options
    stop posting on these forums asking for some motivation. Listen, your either motivated, or not. If your not going to put in the work then expect to maintain what you currently have. There is no secret pill, workout, training plan, etc. You put in the work you will see results.

Why does suddenly everyone need motivation? Its a very simple thing. Either you want to do something, or you don't. What's the mystery? Besides, if your motivated enough to join this site and ask for motivation aren't you motivated enough to put in the work?

WITHOUT LABOR, NOTHING PROSPERS!

STOP TALKING ABOUT, BE ABOUT IT!

You don't need to read the posts about motivation if they are not helpful for you. I pick and choose my topics to read

Well said!! Just because you dont like it doesnt mean we all dont. Each to there own and if you really hate it so much then why are you on a website that people come to for support and motivation, to chat with those in the same boat as you. No one made you read the motivation post and no one made you join the site. simple stop your complaining and dont read the motivation category. :laugh:
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    First, I like the quote "Stop Talking About It, Be About It."
    Second, some people just find it easier to keep going when there are others encouraging them. Have you ever had a day that wasn't perfect? That's when this site is extremely helpful and the community here is awesome. What works for one, doesn't work for all and that is perfectly acceptable. If something is not hurting you and is helping others achieve their goal, then I don't see the problem. So my suggestion would be to just not look at the boards about motivation and call it a day.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I agree you either have motivation or you don't. That's why I get to the gym every day, I do it because I want it.....
  • jheilala63
    jheilala63 Posts: 94
    Options
    stop posting on these forums asking for some motivation. Listen, your either motivated, or not. If your not going to put in the work then expect to maintain what you currently have. There is no secret pill, workout, training plan, etc. You put in the work you will see results.

Why does suddenly everyone need motivation? Its a very simple thing. Either you want to do something, or you don't. What's the mystery? Besides, if your motivated enough to join this site and ask for motivation aren't you motivated enough to put in the work?

I started falling off the wagon and like I said in my thread, I need a kick in the *kitten* to get myself back on track. I don't really see any harm about that.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Exactly, here to better themselves. So why do you need motivation? You are clearly here to better your life. Hence, your motivated.
    [/quote]

I am here to better my life, I have struggled terribly with Major Depression, severe. It still gets me, and one way it gets me is through motivation. Most people will not understand me when I say I want to want to do something.... but just don't have the motivation. Motivation seems to be the energizing factor. It is great for you that you can simply choose to do what you want and do it. I know what it means to push hard too eek out one last push up. That is easy. That is just working hard, but so much easier for me than finding motivation to begin. I know no one can give a person motivation, but inspiration somehow seems to spark motivation. This site is for support... and so, the favor I mostly give to people is in the form of encouragement. So... no, I won't stop asking for help with motivation or inspiration and I won't stop giving the same kind of help. Not everyone is like you. Think about it for a minute... other people struggle with different things than you. Just because you don't struggle with motivation does not mean that others have the same experience as you.
    I wish you the best.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Short answer: NO!
  • Tizzmoi
    Tizzmoi Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow...talk about a Mr Grumpy....did someone get up on the wrong side on the bed this morning ??????
    Snicker...as for me...I just joined today and was looking for positive comments instead of judgement because I needed a little help with motivation.
    Just sayin'
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with motivation and I think it's great when people look for it, let alone ask for it.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    go suck an egg!
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    Let's just let everyone and anyone use the site in a manner which is most productive for them. It is irksome that any individual believes that what is right for him/her is right for everyone.

Now, OP, do me a favor and use proper punctuation. If YOU'RE going to throw stones, at least speak (type) properly.

^ :drinker:

Seriously OP, who made you judge and jury?
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Public forum = people can post what they want, if you don't like it either eff off or keep shtum.
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Public forum = people can post what they want, if you don't like it either eff off or keep shtum.

back at ya then.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

To learn and help others with questions if I can. Everyone on this site is MOTIVATED. You wouldn't be here if you weren't....that all I'm saying.

Yeah, you've effectively convinced me to never ask you questions or take your advice.
    You strike me as a broscience type. No thanks.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Seriously, then what are these boards for??? Everyone, well maybe not the OP, needs support now and then, call it motivation, call it support, whatever it is I am here to lend a hand or a shoulder to cry on...