Do you workout on Saturday or Sunday?

Do you have a workout routine for sat and or sun or do you just watch what you eat and skip workouts during the weekend?

Replies

• cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    I don't. i go 4x per week. I skip wed, sat, and sun.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    My husband works out of town, so weekends when he's home I usually skip it! I kind of consider weekends break time and try to work out M-F. Sometimes I get a walk in on Sat. Mornings.
  • sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    EVERY Saturday - my favorite day because I don't need to rush out to get ready for work.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    I weigh on Friday mornings, saturday is my free day and i only work out on sundays IF i feel really crappy. Then Monday its back to the grind! lol
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    I work out MORE on the weekends. Sunday is my long run day (10+ miles)

1. I have more time
    2. I can eat more
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    I used to skip, but then I started running and now I just run every other day....whether it's a weekend or not. I just have the mentality that if I didn't run the day before, I have to run today!
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    I usually workout most Sat and Sunday's especially since football season is right around the corner, thursday and Friday's are my off days since that is when my son's games are :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Yes...I workout 5 early weekday mornings before work, then usually take a 75 - 90 minute spin class on Saturday morning. Sunday is a toss-up....aside from the occasional 5K race, I generally don't do anything, but in the nice weather, sometimes my husband and I take a long bike ride or something.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    EVERY Saturday - my favorite day because I don't need to rush out to get ready for work.

This!! Saturday is my long run day so I NEED the extra time and then on Sundays is a active rest day for us, usually a walk in the park and some Yoga! :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I'm doing Insanity so workout schedule is currently Mon-Sat, with Sun being a rest day.
  • mojosister
    mojosister Posts: 25 Member
    I actually work out harder on the weekends. I do much more cardio - because I'm not as pressed for time.
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    I work out on weekends, usually in the morning to get it out of the way.
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Do light workouts on the weekends.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    I usually skip Wednesdays, Saturday and Sundays. If I have time I will do a 15-20 Zuzana workout on my skip days, but lately things have been far too busy.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Weekends are my favorite time to do BIG workouts. I'll go out and do 10-15 miles of tough uphill hiking in the mountains - or I'll double up with a shorter hike and an hour of strength training. I figure I have lots of free time on weekends, I may as well put it to good use. I also eat like a champion on the weekends! :-)

I'd rather take rest days on Tuesday/Thursday - those are the days I leave the house at 7:00 a.m. and don't get home until almost 7:00 p.m. I still try to squeeze in a good walk with my dogs, but I'd rather take it easy on workouts when my time is already squeezed.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    I do log runs on Saturday 10+ miles. Then on Sundays I do 15-20 miles biking
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Even with doing P90X or Insanity I switch the scheduled days around so I am working out on sat and sunday. This way I have two days where I can be more flexible with my workout times and take Wednesday off as a rest day. It is a welcomed break during a busy work week and kids too!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Yes I do! I do P90x 6 days a week and find something different for the 7th day. If we are camping and I can't do P90x I will golf, hike, swim, walk, anything. I do it for many reasons but mainly because I love to workout! I love the feeling afterwards
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    I usually just do cardio on Saturday mornings since the gym at my apt sucks. During the week I do weights and cardio though.
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    I've decided that Sunday is going to be my long walk day, which'll end up being about 10 miles. Otherwise Saturday I'm resting, and Wednesday, my weigh in day, I rest as well.