Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Feeling kinda guilty. I usually go to the gym for my 30 mins of cardio at lunchtime. However, I forgot my water bottle and my ear buds. 30 mins sweating without my music?! Forget it!!

Ha! I can't workout with out my ear buds or my water bottle either! =) Maybe you can find 30 minutes tonight to work in some kind of activity!

Yeah well, probably not gonna happen tonight. Tomorrow is weight training so I'll probably add the cardio then.

Good luck with your technical difficulities :wink:
  • mellow_cookie
    mellow_cookie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Sorry for not posting yesterday - days get crazy busy!
    Tonite I am having my garden club over. The plan was to sit outside on the patio with firepit going, have hot chocolate and roast marshmallows. But -- winds are 20+ mph, and its 55 degrees, so I know it will be so cold, and we would have smoke blowing in our face. So had to do a quick clean-up of the house, and it will just have to be wine instead of smores! Just hoping my daughter will be OK with all the people inside!

But didn't get my walk in at all last nite, and gave into eating ice cream. Hubby wanted popcorn, which seems to get my cravings going, and that lead to ice cream AFTER the popcorn!

Nites are the worse for me - anyone else have this problem. I do great all day, until the evening.

gotta run, but will try and read everyones posts later tonite (instead of eating!!)

Nights are a real struggle for me too and ice cream is my #1 weakness. I can't have it in the house or I'll eat it all. Hubby would get so mad at me because I'll buy his favorite along with mine and when mine's gone I go for his. I tell him it's his fault cuz he didn't eat it fast enough, lol.

I now keep low-cal fudgsicles in the freezer. They're 40 calories and satisfy my cold, chocolate something craving.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Nights are a real struggle for me too and ice cream is my #1 weakness. I can't have it in the house or I'll eat it all. Hubby would get so mad at me because I'll buy his favorite along with mine and when mine's gone I go for his. I tell him it's his fault cuz he didn't eat it fast enough, lol.

I now keep low-cal fudgsicles in the freezer. They're 40 calories and satisfy my cold, chocolate something craving.
    I have the problem that my hubby has ice cream every night with a treat to go with it and I'm suppose to sit and watch him eat it!! So hard not to ask for a bite! Something! If he wouldn't eat it, I wouldn't even think of it! =(
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I save enough calories for one scoop of ice cream at night. We normally have some after the kids go to bed, kind of our unwind and mellow out time for just us
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow, loads of new posts since I last checked in!!!! Welcome to everyone and good job on all the steps!!!
    Already this is working for me...I over ate today and wasn't going to log but read one of the comments and decided to be honest with myself! Good bit over my calories again today (it's been a mental week! And haven't been walking or zumbaing!!) but it's good to see the numbers and "if everyday were like today you'd weigh..." Nice reminder to cop on!!!! Thank the lord it's nearly the weekend!!!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    evening everyone. I've had another great day 1 hour walking and then 1 hour kickboxercise, just had my evening meal whilst the rest of the family had a chip shop dinner. I did consider the kebab meat but i looked at the nutrition info on here first and thought better of it :smiley: im now sat chilling with my bottle of water :neutral:
  • Gibbsy21
    Gibbsy21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Combat 45 from Les Mills. I still don't have that many steps today, but I'm glad I finished the kata. Its alot better than the HIIT power because it doesn't have burpees. I hate burpees... So tomorrow will be the HIIT plyo, hope there's no burpees!
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Succumbed to some wine tonight <hands head in shame> but no bad food choices as a result <left hanging in high five>
    Anyhow need to stay focused Saturday and Sunday as out Friday for a meal with an old friend,. Wish me luck!

• dmbsp11
    dmbsp11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Succumbed to some wine tonight <hands head in shame> but no bad food choices as a result <left hanging in high five>
    Anyhow need to stay focused Saturday and Sunday as out Friday for a meal with an old friend,. Wish me luck!

Good luck! Realizing you have a challenge coming at least makes it easier to plan for.
  • DorisIsDoingIt
    DorisIsDoingIt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Steps yesterday was 14,770
  • MeganDinkins1
    MeganDinkins1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hope everyone had a good day!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Happy Friday 13th. Its been a good morning for me so far. Ive been training with a new member today so a nice easy workout. Then someone said to me I see you've lost weight :smiley: .... I've lost 6lbs in my first 21 days so yippee to me. More kickboxing to come later and I might even go for a stroll on the treadmill.

Ps. How would you calculate the calories burnt from a workout that you have only done at less than half pace? Any suggestions?? I would normally be pounding the pads but this morning was more like a 1hour warm up.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Well-I didn't get my steps in like I wanted to yesterday. Only 6,049. I went for a walk and ended up doing a mile. I would have kept going, but I decided I would try running (which I haven't done in maybe 15 years) and I think I twisted my knee or something. All of a sudden I was in pain and had to stop. Still hurts today. Maybe I should just stick to walking. :) Oh-well. I tried. Now the weekend is here and I will have to be careful. That is always when I go back up in weight. But I am going to try to be good this weekend and not let that happen. I am going to a football game tomorrow which means tailgating food and beverages. But I am going to try to be prepared and maybe get an extra walk in before we go. I hope everyone has a great day, and great weekend! Keep up the good work!
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, I have not checked in for a few days. I have much going on. I did weigh in this morning and have lost 0lbs however I did not gain so considering all that is going on with me over the last 2 weeks that is a good thing. It is great to see so many on here lets keep it up, Hope all is well with yous
  • sunrisetrout
    sunrisetrout Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Is Friday the typical weigh in day? Do we report additional information? Should I be adding people in this group to my friends? Lots of questions from this newbie.

I must say I am so impressed by all the hardwork everyone is putting into their steps and workouts. Even if those that feel they are not making their steps are still doing well. Every little bit counts!!!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Good morning! Is Friday the typical weigh in day? Do we report additional information? Should I be adding people in this group to my friends? Lots of questions from this newbie.

I must say I am so impressed by all the hardwork everyone is putting into their steps and workouts. Even if those that feel they are not making their steps are still doing well. Every little bit counts!!!

Hi, I'm on day 21 and will weigh in every Friday, I have not lost or gained this week. (lost 6lbs in total) I tend to post positive stuff and add in any questions for things I'm unsure about. There is a great bunch of people on here. Add me if you want :)
  • sunrisetrout
    sunrisetrout Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Hi, I'm on day 21 and will weigh in every Friday, I have not lost or gained this week. (lost 6lbs in total) I tend to post positive stuff and add in any questions for things I'm unsure about. There is a great bunch of people on here. Add me if you want :)

Six pounds!! That is fantastic! Great job!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great, I love reading the updates and the challenged people have overcome!! Keep up the good work !

I normally weigh on Monday morning but switched to Friday to keep on track with the group. Down 1 pound since I weighed Monday, very happy with that. That brings my total to just over 6 pounds in three weeks!! It seems to be getting easier every day! Last night the family was chowing on leftover and junk food, I didnt even miss having any and really enjoyed my dinner. Today for lunch I brough turkey sausage (160 calories), egg whites and a greek yogurt!
    I didnt get my steps in yesterday, I did manage 9,500, I was home with a sick kid and had meetings in the evening. I'm hoping to make up for it today and log some extra steps and a run!! This weekend looks busy as usual, step son has a basketball game Saturday, I am going to the rec center early to workout before his game then we are headed to my parents for the afternoon, Sunday will hopefully be working outside once it warms up and cleaning goat barns and fun stuff like that lol

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Weigh in day! How'd we all do! I'm down 1.5 lbs this week!! =)

a8cf104e7cc922d4f8e840fedd42d9d8.jpg
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Weigh in day! How'd we all do! I'm down 1.5 lbs this week!! =)

a8cf104e7cc922d4f8e840fedd42d9d8.jpg

I stayed the same this week but I'm happy with that :smiley: