Culking Bishes!!! Winter2016 / Spring 2017

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mentioned- I started doing Kortney Olsens leg mass program- I'm going to drop down to like 2000 Calories- maybe start including some cardio. I actually noticed last night I felt noticeably leaner- which was odd- but I know my food was off for a day or two.

So the hard press to the finish line to keep calories up continues- but I can tell my body is ready to start dropping weight like crazy- so I'll just go to 2K- and see how much I can lose immediately and go for 3-4 weeks on the leg mass program and see what happens. I have to add in crazy cardio for my certification in July so I'll start dropping a lot with that I suspect.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I forgot to mentioned- I started doing Kortney Olsens leg mass program- I'm going to drop down to like 2000 Calories- maybe start including some cardio. I actually noticed last night I felt noticeably leaner- which was odd- but I know my food was off for a day or two.

So the hard press to the finish line to keep calories up continues- but I can tell my body is ready to start dropping weight like crazy- so I'll just go to 2K- and see how much I can lose immediately and go for 3-4 weeks on the leg mass program and see what happens. I have to add in crazy cardio for my certification in July so I'll start dropping a lot with that I suspect.

I'll be curious to hear if you think the program is worth the money.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

I got it at a steep discount- I think I only paid 60 or 70$ I think.
    there is nothing that's like crazy new. Cyclist squats are new to me- but it's just the organization and timing that's new.

You also get full time support in an on line group- and direct access to help of the guy who wrote the program with her.
    So- useful- it's only 4 weeks? and 2 days a week- so I'm filling in the rest- they HAVE released "body parts" programs- but I can't afford them right now and don't really care to much. But I am going to tape my quads and do some pictures this week and see what it looks like.

couple people raved about the big difference- but I don't really think I'm going to see a massive transformation in 4 weeks. I think it'll be a nice filler block for me.
  • leajas1
    Options

I got it at a steep discount- I think I only paid 60 or 70$ I think.
    there is nothing that's like crazy new. Cyclist squats are new to me- but it's just the organization and timing that's new.

You also get full time support in an on line group- and direct access to help of the guy who wrote the program with her.
    So- useful- it's only 4 weeks? and 2 days a week- so I'm filling in the rest- they HAVE released "body parts" programs- but I can't afford them right now and don't really care to much. But I am going to tape my quads and do some pictures this week and see what it looks like.

couple people raved about the big difference- but I don't really think I'm going to see a massive transformation in 4 weeks. I think it'll be a nice filler block for me.

Meh, I'm not sure there is anything crazy new any more (that's effective). Sometimes just changing things up can give me an energy boost/increased excitement.
  • JoRocka
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I wasn't like "OMG OVERWHELMED" but it was hard to turn down at such a discounted price- so I bought it- if you can get it on sale- why not.

Also- someone bought coffee/nut M and M's this afternoon.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS- eating them all thinking about you all- especially you @Gallowmere1984
  • leajas1
    Options
    I wasn't like "OMG OVERWHELMED" but it was hard to turn down at such a discounted price- so I bought it- if you can get it on sale- why not.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS- eating them all thinking about you all- especially you @Gallowmere1984

Jealous...about both the discounted price AND the M&Ms. Did any of you see that resurrected thread the other day about ice cream bread? One pint of melted ice cream (any kind as long as it's full fat) and 1.5 cups of self rising flour. Mix and bake and it's supposed to come out the consistency of bread. Making two tonight for staff meeting tomorrow morning. I just lied. I'm making three...one for home to try tonight.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've had ice cream bread and the coffee nut m&ms. I like both, but different flavors of ice cream work better than others. While I do like the coffee nut, I'm still partial to the peanut.
  • leajas1
    Options
    I've had ice cream bread and the coffee nut m&ms. I like both, but different flavors of ice cream work better than others. While I do like the coffee nut, I'm still partial to the peanut.

Okay, so it DOES work...I was wondering. I planned on using Coffee Chip and Cinnamon Bun ice cream for tomorrow and then let the girls pick out a flavor they want to try for tonight.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    222lbs
    SNwoKwO.jpg
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I am cutting on 1450-1500 calories for as long as I can stand it. I am hoping to make it through next week! Cutting at 1650-1700 has been much more comfortable and substainable for me. I do not have a lot to lose since I only gained about 7 lbs. - I am really hoping this doesn't take longer than 6-8 weeks. If it looks like it is I am probably going to have a maintainance break. I do not want to get to a point where my energy levels are really low and my activity level and TDEE drop because of it.

I have no real idea what my TDEE is anymore! I got really sloppy towards the end and was not keeping track of my calories very well. The scale was going up so I wasn't worried about it.

I am also going to keep training the same for as long as I can. I imagine at some point the last set will become very difficult to complete. I might just lower the number of reps in the last set when I hit that point.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I haven't started lifting yet, but I am curious, can you bulk and then recomp instead of cut?
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I haven't started lifting yet, but I am curious, can you bulk and then recomp instead of cut?

I would say you'd be better off just to recomp and skip the bulk if you don't want to cut. Unless you don't mind having the extra post bulk fluff for a long time...
    Depends on your stats and how hard you bulk I guess.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Yup it is definitely possible. My first bulk I was pretty lean so I wanted to put on some good weight, and after I didn't have very much fat to lose, so I started to recomp. I eventually did a mini-cut before a vacation but if I had more time I probably would have stayed at maintenance.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I did recomp, bulk, maintenance, bulk...now cutting. Recomp took about 2 years...then bulked/maintenance/bulk for a year. I'm planning on the cut lasting 6 weeks and then bulking again...then probably cut.

There's no reason that you can't bulk and then recomp. The way I did mine was based around training for a pl competition.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Jealous...about both the discounted price AND the M&Ms. Did any of you see that resurrected thread the other day about ice cream bread? One pint of melted ice cream (any kind as long as it's full fat) and 1.5 cups of self rising flour. Mix and bake and it's supposed to come out the consistency of bread. Making two tonight for staff meeting tomorrow morning. I just lied. I'm making three...one for home to try tonight.

what is the point of this ice cream bread? what does it even taste like?
  • leajas1
    Options

what is the point of this ice cream bread? what does it even taste like?

I've decided it tastes like scones. The Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Bun went quick, the Java Chip and Peanut Butter Cup are going more slowly.
  • Hamsibian
    Options

I would say you'd be better off just to recomp and skip the bulk if you don't want to cut. Unless you don't mind having the extra post bulk fluff for a long time...
    sardelsa wrote: »

Yup it is definitely possible. My first bulk I was pretty lean so I wanted to put on some good weight, and after I didn't have very much fat to lose, so I started to recomp. I eventually did a mini-cut before a vacation but if I had more time I probably would have stayed at maintenance.
    I did recomp, bulk, maintenance, bulk...now cutting. Recomp took about 2 years...then bulked/maintenance/bulk for a year. I'm planning on the cut lasting 6 weeks and then bulking again...then probably cut.

There's no reason that you can't bulk and then recomp. The way I did mine was based around training for a pl competition.

Thank you for your responses! I am severely underweight right now, so my focus is to gain weight and build muscle first. I just wanted to get an idea of what my options are once I reach my ideal weight (fingers crossed). The idea of cutting kind of scares me as I lose weight easily (health issues), but I will face that when the time comes.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

Thank you for your responses! I am severely underweight right now, so my focus is to gain weight and build muscle first. I just wanted to get an idea of what my options are once I reach my ideal weight (fingers crossed). The idea of cutting kind of scares me as I lose weight easily (health issues), but I will face that when the time comes.

Ah, well knowing you're underweight makes a difference in my answer! You'd definitely want to bulk first, then switch to maintenance when you're ready.
    I'm forever over bulked, so that's where my mind tends to go haha. Sounds like the other ladies can relate to your situation and it worked well for them! :)
  • Hamsibian
    edited March 2017
    Options

Ah, well knowing you're underweight makes a difference in my answer! You'd definitely want to bulk first, then switch to maintenance when you're ready.
    I'm forever over bulked, so that's where my mind tends to go haha. Sounds like the other ladies can relate to your situation and it worked well for them! :)

Your profile pic makes you freaking awesome, so I would listen to you too haha! :)