Options

Replies

• JennJenn654
    JennJenn654 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I could do with a mentor!
    I'm 24 UK, 5ft3 weigh 10st4lb
    30.9%bf
    My goal is to get into the best shape that I can.
    I go to the gym twice a week and do home workouts for 3 days a week. Having a child I can't make it to the gym more often.
    I'm okay at exercising and learning new things to try all of the time.
    Food is my struggle! I love food (Just not always good food) & I am the worse for boredom eating!
    I struggle to know whats good and whats bad and how to meal prep effectively so advice from others would be great!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    About me:
    -60 pounds down, 30 to go
    -recovering Type II Diabetic
    -Christian young lady, willing to help a couple of Christian young ladies
    -wheelchair/bed bound
    -loved playing baseball
    -uses a hand-bike, rides a horse for exercise
    -not very knowledgeable about health but very caring and willing to listen and pray with you during struggles

About you (the noob):
    -prepared to log every last bite, sip and exercise (open diary ideal but not vital)
    -knowledgeable about the basics of health and how to use MFP as a tool
    -willing to come here and at least briefly message me Every. Single. Day. No matter what! If I don't see you one day, I'll be nice and check in via message. If I still don't see you...goodbye. :'(
    -able to share your struggles and successes with others. I want to celebrate victory together and cry with you during defeat.
    Just bumping this for the young ladies who have been posting "want ads."
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey I think I need adopting lol, been doing this since Jan this year so still very new, I'm 30 from the UK, I'm 19 stone 5lb currently my ideal weight would be 9 stone or whatever weight I need to be to fit into size 12-14 clothes, I don't want to be too skinny I just want to be happy and healthy :smile:
  • Salvocastagna82
    Salvocastagna82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • Salvocastagna82
    Salvocastagna82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am start 95kg,yesterday 87 kg
  • lv2lft
    lv2lft Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would be more than happy to mentor anyone looking to achieve their goals. My background...I have a master's degree in exercise physiology and still am certified with the American College of Sports Medicine. I have been working out for about 27 years (man, I'm old!). I currently don't personal train any longer, but would love to give advice to anyone looking to improve themselves!
  • madisonamanda
    madisonamanda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to be a mentor! I'm 25 years old from the Boston area. I've been on MFP since 2011. I started at 195 lbs and 29% body fat. I am currently 142lbs, 19%BF. I primarily weight train, very little cardio. I'm a certified personal trainer and extremely knowledgeable about nutrition/ MACROS. I would LOVE to help/support/guide someone who really wants to change their lives and is willing to put in the work!

I look forward to hearing from you! :smiley::smile: :smile:
  • drana3251982
    drana3251982 Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm a noob. who wants to adopt me?

35 year old professional, gained 85 lbs, lost 40 lbs.. need to lose 45 more. Can you handle me?
    I plan to post pics of my progress... to get back to old me. (there's a picture of that, as well.)
  • lron69
    lron69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ready to be adopted as well! 48 year old professional helping those with addictions to drugs and alcohol and fighting my own addiction to food. I'm scared of what will happen to me if i don't lose the 100+ lbs that i'm carting around.
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am a noob, step one of the multi-step process DONE......now what?
  • tamaramghraye
    tamaramghraye Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey, I'm 20 from Toronto and would love to be adopted. 2.5 years ago I used to be at my ideal weight, constantly going to the gym and healthy. Since then I've put on 26 pounds (I am now 138 and 5'4) and would like to get back to my old self, but with a more athletic and toned body rather than really slim.
  • DianBudram
    DianBudram Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Adopt me please. I recently change my diet for the better. I'm weight was 232.8 now I'm 226.0 as of today. I am struggling to stay on track. I cut back on carbohydrates, and that's all keeping thinking about. Help........,
  • newbean1
    newbean1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to be adopted. I need all the help I can get and don't know where to start.
  • leahluvsyou
    leahluvsyou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie and would be interested in a mentor, I want to become healthier and having someone to talk to. I am 20 years old, a vegetarian and college student. I would like to lose 60-80 pounds. I have lost 17 so far this year. I would like someone to push me in the right direction.
  • EdenTBLPower
    EdenTBLPower Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Adopt me ples :') I'm new, 22 almost, 5ft2.5, female, VERY sedentary and 9st3lb. So technically health y bmi but my body is so flabby!! I have health problems that make it hard for me to loose weight :'( I'm going to the gym and doing very light workouts to tone as my health problems stop me doing anything more 'intense'. Used to be obese and now I'm here and all saggy and flabby and haven't had progress in 6 years! I've recently lost a stone on my own but I've come on here to make sure I go further.
  • Feelx956
    Feelx956 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Any muscle dude mentors, I feel would be a good fit. Or a women who can help motivate me and give me pointers. I'm currently on ketogenic way of eating so a person doing the same would be awesome!
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Someone adopt me please. :)

About me:
    I'm 36 (until next month...boo) 5'11" 126.6lbs ( yes, I know I am underweight) I am skinny fat though. I have body fat to get rid of. I do not have access to a gym or weights so I am stuck with my own body weight. I do have resistance bands though. I am doing my best to clean up my eating habits. I mostly do cardio. I need to incorporate more strength training and that's pretty tough. I have a bad knee so squats and various exercises can be a real challenge some days. I also have huge screws in my pelvis (completely shattered and broke my pelvis years ago in a car accident). I got the doctor ok to workout long ago so that is of no concern... just some days I have pain and have to limit what I can do (especially if it is cold outside).

I need someone to help me with the strength training without weights. I am kinda lost and not sure what's best. I know that cardio is good and all, but I will not lose body fat and tone up without the strength portion.
    Please.... someone help motivate me and kick my butt in gear. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. <3

I wish everyone much success o their fitness journeys. Good luck! You can do it!!!
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Are there people still Adopting?? I've been on this journey for a long time and need help regularly.
  • davisfanny
    davisfanny Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what is adopting?
This discussion has been closed.