Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Mayday! Mayday!

Thank you Barbie for getting us set up. <3

I had pretty hefty goals for April, and other than walking average of 8,000 steps per day, failed in many of them.
    So, to be more realistic:
    • Walk an average of 8,000 steps per day. Hopefully more!
    • Keep logging!
    • Eat my calories each day – I think part of my downfall was going too low, getting hungry after supper then going way overboard. Haven’t been eating my exercise calories but might be a good idea if I’ve had a lot of exercise.
    • Keep more healthy snacks around: avocado, cheese, apples…. Things I’m not so tempted to overdo.
    • Keep the sugar intake low.

How many of you take a multi-vitamin and if so, why – doctor or other professional recommended? Because you thought you needed it? If you do take one, do you think it helps?

I got a free sample of Irwin’s gel multi vitamins for women at the health food store, it’s packed with all kinds of good things. Supposed to take three per day. Well, since I eat a pretty good diet with lots of fruits, veggies, beans and all kinds of nuts, I think I get a lot of the trace vitamins despite the fact that many soils are depleted.

Anyhow, I liked the vitamin just fine. I know Weight Watchers recommends taking one.

So the plan is.... I’ll take one with supper in addition to my 5000 of D3. I’ve started to take kelp also for the iodine since I don’t eat a lot of ocean seafood and I’ve switched to Himalayan pink salt instead of Morton’s iodized.

Scotch eggs…has anyone ever made them? I saw a recipe in “That Sugar Book” and they look good – basically peeled hardboiled eggs coated with ground sausage and baked. I was wondering what the best type of sausage would be – pork sausage at the store is generally coarse ground plus I don’t like the flavor of a lot of pork. Chicken might be good though.

Everyone have a wonderful week!! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State where the weatherman is predicting 81 on Wednesday! B)

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~ Thanks for the new thread and you words of wisdom!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    How many of you take a multi-vitamin and if so, why – doctor or other professional recommended? Because you thought you needed it? If you do take one, do you think it helps?

I take a whole pile of vitamins and minerals because of a little genetic issue I have.

And yes, I do notice a difference if I skip them for a while.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did 10 Minutes of a carb burner workout. I know I was planning originally to do a Tummy Toner, but when I put it in the DVR I realized that I'd just recently done it. You know how I like to change things up. So I decided to change to the carb burner DVD. I hadn't done that in a while. Then I held my plank for 2 min 50 sec. I'll take the extremepump class in a few.

I was able to lay out by the pool a bit yesterday, only I really didn't go in the water. In a way I like that because I get to listen to audiobooks.

After exercise I need to pick up Loki's med and then I think I'll stop at the Salvation Army. You never know what they'll have. Bowling this afternoon, then home to have dinner and then ceramics tonight then mahjongg. I'll take my firefly with me so that I can clear glaze the inside. I'm thinking that the body will be bands of purple and pink. Just not sure what color(s) the wings should be

Janet - don't be so hard on yourself. At least you didn't have as big a bowl of ice cream as Charlie had, so that's good for you! You deserve every penny of that awesomeness

dana - I like the way you didn't totally cut out beer but limited it. One question about the Silver Sneakers. what if you want to take another (more vigorous class or a water class because you have back problems), not their class. Can you take that other class instead of the Silver Sneakers class? Also, how old do you have to be in order to be eligible for it?

becca - you baked them at 380 -- for how long?

Heather - Good for you having more and more AF days! And than's for the explanation of the abbreviation. I'm sure I could have figured it out, It just would have taken me a while

Sarah - you were so very close to goal for April. So very very close. You'll do it in May, that's for sure. I do hope you lose the other 4 in May. But if you don't, I know you'll come awfully close.

machka - did you used to regularly take spinning classes?

drkatie - pop in and just let us know that you're even just skimming. We get concerned.

Karen in VA - what a lovely vase!

Lanette - I take a multivitamin just as added insurance that I'm getting the necessary vitamins/mineral.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    machka - did you used to regularly take spinning classes?

On and off.

I've attended 10 week courses (once or twice a week for 10 weeks) during several winters in Canada. Then when we moved to Tasmania, I dropped in at a Tuesday class for quite a while at a gym where we had a membership. But we let that membership lapse about 2.5 years ago, and since then I've been looking for a spinning class that fit with my schedule. At last this one works! :)

I'll attend for the month of May and see how things go.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 20X10X35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Fitness Test
    20 push-ups
    20 sit-ups
    35 jumping jacks

May move your @$$ Challenge
    I Will be gone most of the day but will try to get a nice walk in this evening.

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd-May20th
    Day 9/28 I will be working on my goal of drinking more water!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Machka9
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Michelle, at my gym Silver Sneakers just gets you in for free once you turn 65. You can take any class the regular gym membership covers. The gym gets reimbursed from your insurance if you check in at least 8 times per month. I'm not sure if it works that way everywhere, but it does at my gym. I do know that you can go to the silver sneakers website and search for your name to see if you are eligible. If you are, you can print yourself out a card.

Mine gives about a 45% discount to everyone over 50, and a 53% discount to students. I'm over 50 now, but also a student. :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    481876qojaq5ujfk.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    boy3bdcig5ic.jpg
    A classmate who is getting the 40 yr high school reunion together posted this. 8th grade, find me