Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, the rotation called for spinning today and that is what I did. We are getting hit with a tropical storm and are expecting a lot of rain starting tonight and the next two days. We really need the rain here.

Laurie, great workout. I hope you had a wonderful time with the girls! Sorry your fitbit is acting up. I just read that the Polar A300 does sync with MFP for iOS products so hopefully they'll get with the program and get the android version out soon.

Laurel, awesome combo today! 40 lbs in a petite woman is a LOT! 5 lbs is like 20 lbs! LOL. Are we really in sync with the rotation? No way!!!! I'm so excited. I thought I was behind. I know I started before you ladies but for some reason I thought I was going to be behind still. We do love the Asheville area in NC. A main reason to go there was to checkout the area for possible retirement home locations. Some day we'll move there. DH doesn't know if he wants to live there all year or just 9 months of the year there and 3 months in MA.

Tami, wonderful workouts as usual! Glad everything went well with your physical and congrats on the 2lb weight loss! I agree that Total Body Trisets works you hard. Thank God I don't agonize about the scale at the doctor's office. weigh myself every day so I know what my weight will be. The first thing I do is I ask if they need a pee sample. If the answer is no then I go to the bathroom before getting on the scale. LOL
    Tami, you are in great physical shape and have noting to worry about.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a great time with my girlfriends, and we realized that it had been 2 years since all of us had gone out together. We went to Cooper Hawks, and it was busy. One of my friends has hearing aides, and she requested that we go to someplace less loud next time. Can't blame her, I have a hard time hearing in noisy places, and I don't have problems with my ears. This morning was Plyo HiiT #1, and like Laurel, it isn't one of my favorites. Just glad that I was able to get through it. :D

Laurel, Glad that you where able to enjoy the two workouts that have some dread factor for you. Since you where able to do that, it got me through one of those this morning. :D Isn't it interesting what the "ideal weight" is different from site to site. I can see where someone who is just starting out exercising, can get confused. This morning was nice and chilly in the 40's! Both dogs wanted to take a long walk also, so my hands where really cold by the time we got home. It was nice after all the humidity we have had recently. You are right on the cozy feeling, it sure makes you want those pumpkin and apple pies.

Tami, Great job on the workouts! How often do they run the Biggest Loser? Great job on the 2lbs! Even if it is water weight. ;) Today my FitBit is working like normal, so I will monitor it to see what is going on. I noticed that it needs to be recharged a lot sooner than usual, so maybe that is the problem also. I still have not spent my bonus from work, so the Polar one that Thelma has looks like a great option if this one goes out. I'm just a bit disappointed that mine might be on the frits. People I work with have had theirs for a couple of years, and they are still working fine.

Thelma, Nice job on the spinning! Glad to hear that you are getting rain, but hopefully it isn't a deluge all at once. That is nice that is sincs with ios, since that is what I have. Now I'm really interested in that one. LOL, I think I'm the one that is behind in the rotation, since I had two setbacks recently. But I think the rotation repeats weeks, so it seems like I'm in sinc with all of you also. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started today with Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps and followed it with Rockout Knockout Scrambled Premix 2. Absolutely flew by today!

Tami, sounds like a good BC class! Why can't all instructors be Katy? ;) Hard to believe the Biggest Loser competitions are starting up again, but I guess it is that time of year. Congratulations on being able to step on the scale....and it going down!! I truly understand your phobia so never fear to share it. You know me and numbers. I have found the conversation about Fitbits giving up easily kind of interesting. I wear mine because it was a gift from DH, but I can feel that number obsession pulling at me the longer I wear it. So if mine fails, I don't think I will replace it. Kind of sad.....but very true about me.

Thelma, good workout! I started week 7 of this rotation on Sunday, so we are on the same week. DH and I have talked about having a home for 9 months here in Florida and three months elsewhere. Those three months elsewhere would be October-December, and I am thinking someplace like Virginia where the autumn is so beautiful. But that is just a dream for the future. Maybe by the time DH retires from this job, I won't miss autumn as much as I do now.

Laurie, happy to hear you had a good time with your friends. And I am glad you made in through the workout!! That is the good thing about the RWH workouts.....they are short so the dread factor isn't quite as bad. I figure I can do pretty much anything for 30 minutes. I am jealous of those cooler mornings, but rumor has it we may drop into the 60s over night this weekend. That will feel so fantastic if it happens!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night I did the Tri-sets Lower Body and was going to add on but realized I still needed to shower, eat, prepare my lunch, etc. then relax so I wasn't up too late. LOL So that was it. Today was Rockin Knockout Scrambled Pre-Mix #2, which is such a great one. Tonight I am not sure about Spinning, I am feeling like I have so much to pack up & also prepare to go out of town on Friday. I only have tonight and tomorrow to completely get it done. Evenings are too short. Work is again so gracious in letting me leave early on Friday but I need to have everything ready to put in the back seat area, dogs will be in the way back. Should be interesting! Since we missed our trip in July because of the fires I haven't tried out how they will ride for that long; it's 3 hrs. :#

Laurel: Awesome combination today! We are on the same week as well, I wasn't sure with some of your others if we were or not, but now that you mentioned Week 7, that's where I am too. :) Thanks so much for understanding and your congrats to me! I did feel pretty good about that all day, silly but true. I agree on why can't all instructors be like Katy, however a lot of "newbies" look at her like she is terribly mean and impossible to complete the class.

Laurie: Your walk sounds cold this a.m. as I mentioned yesterday, we have had really cold temps at night too. Your night out with girlfriends sounds like a lot of fun. My mom has a really heard time hearing in loud environments; she wears hearing aides and it has a lot of interference, etc. so I can understand from being with her how your friend felt. The Biggest Loser they seem to run 3, maybe 4 times a year. Seems like it is every 3 or 4 months. That Polar that Thelma has really does look amazing. Might be on my list for next time. Unless of course this one hangs in there for a long time . . . which I hope is the case.

Thelma: Great job with Spinning! I usually opt in some kind of cardio on those days; they don't seem to fall on my gym Spinning days anyway. Yes, I am on week 7 as well so you are totally in sync. I felt a little out of sync after my Portland trip but I added on a few that I missed to make up for it. Thank you again SO much for your kind words, I appreciate it. Weighing myself daily or at least more often would probably help on that "anx" feeling of not knowing what the number is going to be. LOL

Talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Total Body Trisets Lower Body split and 20 minutes walking on treadmill tonight for me. We did get a deluge today. It rained pretty hard today. I guess we're also on a hurricane and a tropical storm watch. I heard earlier these two storms can potentially join forces which would be awful. I forgot to tell you that the manager's position conversation was brought up again by my boss on Monday. YIKES! I told him again I didn't want to do it that he is the one pushing me in that direction. I've decided not to agonize about this now because it's not like he has an open req yet BUT he and his boss are working on creating one. Even if he had the open req he would have to post the job for others to apply. He can't just give me the job. If I don't apply for the job someone I may not like can potentially get the job but at least I don't have to deal with the problems that come with being in a management position. I do deal with a lot of the problems now but I don't want to do it.

Laurie, I am so glad you had a great time with your girlfriends! I am very sensitive to loud places and if it's too loud I can't hear well either. I can only hear one person at-a-time! LOL. Good for you for doing that Hitt #1 workout! I've not tried those workouts at all. I can't see myself trying #2 at all. I didn't realize you had an iphone! Then when it's time to buy a new fitness tracker you know to keep the Polar A300 in mind! I read a lot of reviews on fitness trackers/HRM's and this was the best for me given that I don't have an iphone because I really, really wanted an iwatch. Have you seen it? It's a fitness tracker and HRM and you don't need a strap.

Laurel, awesome combo today!!! Good for you for not getting concerned about numbers. I find the HRM to be a great motivator. The scale doesn't panic me because when I've been bad I know the number is going to go up and it's expected. so I guess I'm not as afraid about the number the same way Tami is and of course we all know she shouldn't be afraid!!!! :)
    I'm so glad I'm in sync with you ladies on the rotation. I have really enjoyed this rotation very much. If you ladies do a non Cathe rotation next like you talked about I think I may restart this rotation again.
    The reason why DH likes NC is because it has all seasons. We don't like FL because it's too hot. I think the 3 months we'd live probably in MA would be the summer months and it wouldn't be as hot here as it is in NC during the summer months. I love the autumn. The trees were already turning into beautiful shades of red and orange in Asheville so I'd be OK there in the fall. The summer though not so much.

Tami, great job with the rotation and the gym workouts! You must start the rotation week on Sundays like Laurel does because you seem to be one day ahead of me on the rotation. I'll be doing Rockin Kockout Scrambled tomorrow. Was your husband able to continue fishing this fall? Are the fires still burning there? I hope you've gotten plenty of much needed rain by now. I hope the dogs do well in the car on Friday.
    Are all the classes at your gym hard like Katy's? Maybe they need to change the description to seriously advanced so people who are not used to working out understand that it might not be for them?
    It seems the Biggest Loser runs more times a year now than it used to. I am really loving my Polar. I got 3 inactivity stamps today because I was in the lab testing today so I was sitting for more than 55 minutes yet today I walked a lot around work and kept going up/down stairs. I definitely spend most of my day sitting down. I knew that but now it bothers me more because I can actually see now many hours I sit during the day. Glad you're on week 7 too! I'm obsessed with weighing every day Tami even when I know I've been bad. I don't care I just want to see the number and I write it down on a little notebook. You look wonderful and are in MUCH better shape than people much younger than you are. Look at me. I'm 51 and I am in pretty good shape but can't do the heavy/hard workouts you ladies can yet I get through them. Women much younger than I am at work get winded by going up 2 flights of stairs. They go up slowly too. I can run up the stairs and my heart rate may go up but I'm not winded. On Saturday when I was helping my BIL move I had this younger woman who was probably about 28-30 help me carry a stack of big plastic chairs. She was winded and I wasn't. Now THAT felt so good. So think about it that way too Tami!

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in Peak Pure Cardio last night, even though I really didn't want to workout. I'm glad that I did it though. This morning was XTrain Cardio Leg Blast Premix 3. Since this is doggy daycare day, I probably will not have a lot of time. I have the new Peak workouts that I have not tried yet, and they come with two 30 Min. workouts that I think I'm going to try out.

Laurel, Nice combo! Love that you are mixing in those weight workout into this rotation. I don't think that I'm going to do the HiiT #2 workout tomorrow, that just may be replaced by the Shock Cardio Pyramid one. That on just happens to be my favorite HiiT! 60's are good, I actually had to put on yoga pants for the walk this morning. I was looking at my shorts, but I think that I would have been way to cold. Still had my flip flops on, just never know when those doggies want to walk through the back yard with the wet grass. :o Eventually there will be frost on the ground, so will have to start wearing sneakers.

Tami, Nice workout, and I can understand the need to stop doing the workout because you have so much other things that need to get done. That will probably be what my evening is like tonight, but the pups will be tired and I won't have to worry about them. I think your kids will be good for the ride, just take a stop around half way so that they can get out and stretch their legs. We have done that for Cami on our trips up north. Didn't realize that they had so many of those contests. That move to the new job has worked out great for you, they really sound like great people to work for.

Thelma, Great workouts! Glad to hear that you have gotten some rain, and hopefully those two systems do not merge and you just have rain. I will keep that in mine for the Polar. I have seen that new watch, there is one person that I know of who has one. It is interesting, but will have to see how it goes with durability. It would be nice not having to use a strap, that is the one thing that I don't like about most HRM's.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So I saw the Turbo Barre was scheduled for this week and had myself convinced all week long that I just wasn't going to have the patience for it and to sub in Gym Style Legs instead. But when I pushed play this morning, I opted for Turbo Barre. Go figure. And I enjoyed it! It is truly hit or miss with me and that workout. Anyhow, for cardio, I did IMAX Extreme from Cathe's Terminator DVD.

Tami, I really hope you enjoy the weekend. Like Laurie said, I am sure the pups will be okay as long as you let them stretch every so often. Great job getting Lower Body Trisets in despite how busy you were. I like that one for when I am short on time because not only does it work the legs, but there is something of a cardio factor too which makes me feel more worked out when I am done. I understand why Katy may intimidate newbies. There is such a fine line with people new to working out between inspiring them to work hard and scaring them away! Kind of like Thelma was saying, sometimes I am surprised how out of shape some people are. If I were a fitness instructor, I would really struggle with finding the balance because I would never want somebody to leave my class because it was too easy. I don't know why.....but I would rather it be too hard!

Thelma, great workout! I really hope your work situation goes how you want. Like you, I would not want a management position. I was thinking about you yesterday with this hurricane. It does look like it is headed your way. I hope it doesn't hit the upper east coast too hard.....but it is looking scary right now. I still shake my head at the fact that we had more hurricanes/tropical storms when we lived in DC than we have in the same amount of time living in FL. Yet, down here, you would think the state was hit at least five times a year.

Laurie, glad you got a workout in even though you didn't feel like it. I usually feel better after a workout if I can mange to talk myself into doing it. That HiiT Pyramid workout is my favorite of that set too and a great substitute for Plyo HiiT 2. I have revisited those Shock Cardio HiiT workouts a couple of times since getting RWH, and while I like the RWH workouts, I really like the structure (timed cardio, timed rest breaks) of those Shock Cardio workouts. Something about that appeals to me a bit more even though I think the RWH workouts are more fun. Flip flops and 40 degree temps? People down here would think you were crazy!! :p That's winter coat weather in Florida!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did Rockin Kockout Scrambled tonight. It felt really hard. I did the warmup without gloves as I didn't want to hurt my shoulder and then as Cathe started with combos I put the gloves on when she was only wearing wraps. I got really tired into that section so took the gloves off and put them back when Cathe and the girls finally put theirs on.
    I can't believe Joaquin continues to gain strength. I hope we don't get hit. My sister and her kids live in NC in the Charlotte area.

Laurie, good for you for working out when you didn't want to. I felt that way tonight and that is why I felt so tired. I went into it feeling tired. I slept about 4 hours last night. I've worn flip flops to work pretty much all summer except for the rainy days. I'm going to miss wearing them! LOL
    How are the doggies doing? Are they good buddies now?

Laurel, when I read the part about Turbo Barre being scheduled for the this week I cringed. Remember last time I did it I couldn't get into it even though I'd liked it before. Glad you enjoyed it! It really is a hit or miss workout! LOL
    I think with my work situation I need to keep saying no. If it's true that they can't simply change my title is a good thing. If they really have to post the job I think what I have to do is not apply for it. I know they're going to keep pushing me to take the job. I just want to say which part of NO didn't you understand?
    The hurricane is scaring me. I can't believe that just two weeks ago I was in DC and just last week in NC! Now these cities are in danger of getting hammered by Joaquin.
    Wouldn't it be great if Katy could have a modifier when the Biggest Loser starts? This way Katy can be her tough self with the regulars and the newbies can follow the modifier?

Tami, I hope you have a great weekend and that the kids do well in the car. Just allow yourself plenty of time. Glad you're leaving early on Friday.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • 2BLean
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well a later check in today but wanted to say "hi" because I probably won't have a chance tomorrow. Today I decided on STS Total Body and tomorrow a.m. will be Afterburn. I'm all packed minus a few things and the dogs but I have DH's list of items he needed plus a birthday dinner, his cookies, and many other things. My back seat floor is full and room for a small cooler. Please say a little prayer for us, Saturday is supposed to be high winds where he is at. That will not be good for fishing or trying to travel home on Sunday. So hears hoping it isn't as bad as they are forecasting.

Thelma: Way to go on the workouts! You are really doing an amazing job with this rotation and staying right in it!! Nicely done with Rockin Knockout #2, it is a good one. To answer your question on DH's fishing . . . . yes, he has been gone on his annual fishing season/guiding trips since week after Labor Day so it will be good to see him and tomorrow is his Birthday. The fishing is really starting to pick up, it's been pretty tough so far but the last couple of days have been good so that is great. Thank you SO much for asking and also your wonderful compliment to me. I do try to remind myself of all the things I truly can do strength and physically compared to so many and feel really good about that, so focusing on that and how I feel and being healthy are all the bottom line, not a number on the scale. :)
    Not all of the classes are like Katy's . . . luckily for me she teaches Tues, Wed & Friday. Monday is the BootCamp class that one of the instructor leads and is not at all llike Katy, I have taken a few of the Strength classes a couple years ago and they were very basic by both instructors that taught it. A few of the trainers that I have observed can be tough but not Katy tough other than one; she is really good but mostly teaches one on one; a hired personal trainer and the classes that are more private groups people pay extra for. So really the gym gives a great variety and levels of teachers, Katy stands alone I would say for toughness!

Laurie: Great job getting in your Peak workouts despite not feeling like it, sometimes those are the most rewarding days because you did push play! Way to go. I'm hoping to stop along the way at least once. The problem is that Emma will not jump into the car, I have to completely lift her from the ground up and it can be awkward. If she will put her front paws up on the back of the car it helps but last time she wouldn't do that . . . just looked at me like, lift me please. LOL So this would be one of those moments I am glad that i am strong! She is 100 lbs. Yes, I think the Biggest Loser classes help with revenue and attendance for their classes forsure. Some people continue to do the competitiion just to stay accountable. They work them hard, that's forsure.

Laurel: Way to get Turbo Barre in . . . as you can tell from my workout today it was definitely not one I was feeling like; i wanted a full body that moved along. So good on ya and then right into Terminator, YOWSA! That was a flip of the switch forsure. Nicely done. Yes, Katy can be very intimidating forsure, I sometimes place myself in her class near a newbie and can hear them or see their expression(s) and they are very apprehension or they grumble. She HATES to hear people grumble but because I know her and appreciate her style I want to start laughing because I know what is next. Burpees or sprints forsure. Ha Ha .... I'm with you, I would rather someone say "wow she is tough" vs. that was boring and I am not getting anything out of her class, why do I keep going type of feeling.

I hope you ladies have a great day tomorrow & weekend!!! I will talk to you all on Monday - hopefully with some great catches to talk about.
    Tami

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did Peak 10 Cardio Strength Fat Blaster <3 , and I'm telling you this was FUN! I think one of the best workouts I have done in a long time. The music was good, the moves were fun and I caught on fairly quickly. Some of the moves I had to watch a couple of times to make sure I was doing it right, but since you have two chances to do the moves, I was able to get it on the second try. I was all set to only do about half of the workout, but I finished the whole thing. This morning I did my other favorite workout HiiT Double Wave Pyramid. <3 I love doing workouts that make me feel good. :)

Laurel, WTG getting that Turbo Barre workout done! Great job on that IMax workout also. Has she ever done a compilation of all three of her Imax workouts? I think that you probably would love that one. I really enjoyed the pyramid workout this morning, it was just what I was looking for. No dread factor at all, well maybe on those mountain climbers. I also like the timed portions and the breaks. I think people around here think I'm crazy with my footwear in this weather. My DH asked this morning if he should turn on the heat. I said that I thought it was comfortable in the house, as he was walking around with a blanket wrapped around him. :o I looked at him, and said go ahead and turn it on.

Thelma, Nice job on the knockout workout! I don't blame you for taking the gloves off, that one is really heavy on the upper body work. I have done that in the past, just putting my weighted gloves on when she moves into that portion of the workout. Hope you are able to get more rest, it really does help with how you feel during the workouts. Just like Cathe states in one of her workouts. The pups are getting along pretty good, sometimes Cami doesn't want him bugging her. She lets him know it, and I can tell just by the tone of her "talking". :D

Tami, I'm sure that you are getting ready to head out for the weekend. Have a great time. Sounds like you have everything ready to go, hope the wind isn't as bad as they are saying. I think that you would really enjoy this Peak workout, since you have done some of these in the past. I'm probably going to be doing the Cardio Interval Burn Fat Blaster this weekend, I'm hoping that it will be just as fun. LOL Cami does the same thing! She will not get in the back of my Santa Fe anymore, even with the ramp. She will get in the back seat of the car, she can get from the ground to the floor of the car to the seat without to much difficulty.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I felt like a 'light' total body workout today before doing the rotation-suggested Afterburn. So based on Laurie's mention last week, I dusted off Push/Pull and it was perfect for today. Got some good resistance in but not too much to make my cardio workout suffer. And that cardio was Afterburn Bonus Burn. Love that premix!

Tami, I hope you have a safe trip and are able to enjoy your DH's birthday. I will keep my fingers crossed that the wind stays away.

Thelma, good job getting your workout in despite being tired. That first section of Rockout Knockout is tough with gloves on. I really hope you don't get hit with too much rain from this storm. I heard last night that it is supposed to stay off shore but flooding could be a serious issue. I hope that prediction improves over the weekend. It is hundreds of miles off our coast, but we are still going to be impacted with rip currents/high tides. Can't imagine what that will be like up your way. Stay safe!

Laurie, glad you enjoyed that Peak workout! Good, fun music makes all the difference for me any more. Glad you also enjoyed the HiiT Pyramid workout. Such a good workout in a short amount of time. Glad to hear I am not the only one who isn't anxious to turn the heat on!! DH freezes.....and I just stare at him. I would say it is my age (aka menopause) but I have always been like this. It is just worse now!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a good one and thankfully it was hurricane free!
    Turbobarre was scheduled for Friday but there was no way I was going to do that so I did Afterburn and Turbobarre on Saturday. I have to admit I went into Turbobarre with serious dread factor but once I started the workout I enjoyed it. Today walking on treadmill and spinning.
    Last week we talked about being on week 7 of this rotation but I'm pretty sure it was 8 and this week is 9.

Tami, I hope you, the kids and your husband had a great weekend. How did the kids do? I am really glad your husband has been able to fish this fall!
    Great workouts last week! Given how much variety your gym offers it's too bad the newbies choose the toughest class they offer! Thanks for the kudos on my workouts!

Laurel, amazing job with your workouts! We are so glad the hurricane went out to sea. What a relief!!!

Laurie, terrific job with your workouts. Glad you're having fun!
    The Rockout Knockout workout I did las week was the scrmbled premix s it didn't start with an easy sequence. So glad your pups are getting along well! Good for Cami for letting Rocket know when she's not in a play mood.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout at all this weekend, we were just way to busy. On Friday I stopped off at the church to get it set up for a wedding. Saturday was our first dog training session, and then we had to get ready for a friends wedding. We all had a blast, until the end. We stayed at the wedding a little longer than we had planned, because I became the friend that had to hold someones hair while they worshiped the toilet. :( Now I have not seen this person in three years, but her supposed friends took her keys away and left! These are the same people that make me glad that I'm not at ren fair anymore. So on Sunday I had to get up to re-set the church for services in the morning, and then DH and I went to a car club event. When I got home I was beat, and just wanted to sleep.

We sill see how the rotation goes this week, but this morning I did Saturdays workout which was XTrain Supercuts Premix #9.

Laurel, Supercuts was my sub for STS TB, but I so wanted to do the Push/Pull workout on Saturday as I had planned. Maybe the next time STS comes up in the rotation, I will be able to get it in. Have not tried that AfterBurn Bonus Burn, but it sounds like it would be a tough one. I'm not one that usually is warm, in the past I have been the one to want the heat turned up. This is kind of a change for us.

Thelma, The best news that I could have heard was the hurricane free. They are really having some problems in Carolina though. :# Sounds like just starting the Tubobarre workout makes you feel good about doing it. At least that is what you and Laurel have said. I might be on week 7! :D

Tami, Hope that your weekend was breeze free!

There are some pics of the new ICE series on Cathe's forum!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. We had a nice weekend here. The temps cooled off a bit which made for nice golfing. We golfed by the ocean yesterday, and the tide is still high from the hurricane. We could hear the waves crashing almost everywhere on the course. Between that, low humidity, no people, a light breeze.......I could have stayed there forever! DH had to drag me home.

Anyhow, I took Saturday off from workouts. Yesterday started with XT Chest, Back and Shoulders, and I added on 100 lat raises and core 1. For cardio, I did Tabatacise. Today was XT Bi's and Tri's, and I added on 100 bicep curls and tricep extensions and core 2. For cardio, I did IMAX3. These lower temperatures have me feeling unusually energetic!

Thelma, I am glad you missed the storm. It looks like it has been no fun in South Carolina with the rain, that's for sure. Happy to hear you enjoyed Turbobarre once you got into it. I always dread it too, but have enjoyed it the last two times I have done it. Yes, you are right about the weeks. This is week 9!! How did that happen so quickly?!?

Laurie, I am sorry about the sick wedding friend. I would have been running the other direction so my hat's off to you for staying with her. Hopefully she recovered. I can't believe her other friends just left her! I don't blame you for being exhausted, though. I forgot to answer your question last week about whether Cathe had ever done a blend of her IMAX workouts. No, she hasn't. And I really wish she would! I guess I need to look into that workout blender she has available more because I bet it could be used to create something like that. Supercuts is a good sub for STS TB. I saw Supercuts on the plan for this week and was saying 'yay!' Love that workout.

Tami, hope the weekend went well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, XTrain: Chest/Back/Shoulders and spinning for me tonight.

Laurie, you were one busy bee this weekend! Good for you for getting Supercuts in this morning! OMG I don't know that I'd be able to hold someone's hair while they worship the toilet. I'd probably end up worshiping their head! LOL

I was thrilled to be hurricane free too. I feel so bad for the people in SC! I also can't believe our luck because DH and I were in NC just 2 weeks ago. I was thinking about Turbobarre today and thought that it has to be done on a Friday or Saturday night workout for me. You know nights when I have plenty of time. Definitely JUST DO IT! LOL

Laurel, great workout combos! So glad you had a great weekend. That golf course by the ocean sounds beautiful. Poor people in NC. I was watching the news tonight and saw how bad the flooding was. The last time I did Turbobarre I could not get into it but the time before that I enjoyed it. I'm glad you agree about this being the 9th week on this rotation.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well the weekend went very well!!! The dogs and I headed out in time to beat some heavier 5:00 traffic and also make it to DH before it was too dark. Emma was excited to go and put both feet up on the back of the car (going over) which makes it way easier to then lift the rest of her. I had the perfect set up for one to be slightly forward with just one seat down and the other in the entire back; Emma did great but didnt want to get out at our potty stop. So Bernie got out and did his business and we made it the rest of the way. This caused Emma to be pretty stiff both directions but they were fantastic travelers. They slept or sat up for some breeze. Bernie went in the boat with DH and I but Emma stayed at the trailer; inside of course which we had to build a ramp for her to get into the trailer ...... didn't even think of those tough metal stairs and how steep they can be :( so all was good once she got used to it. The slippery river rocks and jumping into the boat would have never happened so i think she was just as well to stay back. Bernie was great in the boat. From my picture you can tell I had another successful year fishing!! These were both on Sunday a.m. ONe is 30 and one is 25 lbs. We only fished 2 hrs late in the day on Saturday; it was way too windy as we thought might happen. But Sunday was perfect and I caught those two fabulous Salmon which was excting for both of us.

So headed home and had a ton of plans for my afternoon . . . first thing was going to be a shower! LOL But when I arrived at home my in-laws were surprising me with doing our fall clean-up in our yard. Can you even imagine how nice that was!! I was so surprised and after unloading the car I went right into helping them for 3 hrs. My plans of getting ready for the week and getting in a workout were out the window but it was so great to get it done and have them do that. What a gift! By the time we finished up I then got my shower and made some fresh salmon, decided a good night sleep was best vs forcing a later workout. So this a.m. I did XT Chest/Shoulders/Back + Core work . . . always great and it felt good to get right back in it. Tonight I had to get groceries and do a bunch of laundry for DH. A guy that we both know well is fishing with him Wed. a.m. so he is picking up fresh clean clothes for him tomorrow.

Laurel - Fabulous job on the workouts as usual! Glad your weather is giving you that boost of extra energy ..... hard to know when your energy is low from the amazing combos you put together but I will take your word for it and I love that feeling when it happens. Sounds like your beautiful weekend weather and the golf was absolutely perfect! So nice.

Laurie - So nice of you to help your friend out. How awful they left here there. I agree with taking the keys but then someone needs to stay with the poor woman. So glad you were there for her and I bet she cannot thank you enough. Sounds like a very busy weekend. Thank you for the info on that new Peak workout ~ sounds like SO much fun. I will definitely have to look into it :) Great job getting in Supercuts today! I am sure it felt fantastic. That is so funny how similar our two "older girls" are in their dispositions. I was actually kind of worried about Emma last night; she was seriously so stiff and had a super hard time getting up. IT was so nice to see her behave like her normal (older dog) self today. Thank goodness.

Thelma - Great job with the workouts! and YES I agree with what a great workout today's XT workouts was. So funny, I thought the same thing about how we talked about week 7 and it is actually week 8 we were on. Today started week 9 for me. Cannot believe how fast this is going . . . as always the rotations fly by. Yes the dogs did absolutely amazing in the car, I was so proud of both of them and felt a little guilty about Emma being so stiff and sore when we arrived home yesterday. Poor girl' after Ibuprophen and a good sleep at home she was good today. PHEW had me worried once again. DH was so concerned; very happy to see them both but wondered why she was acting so "old" as he put it. I think it was being out of her element and just a little nervous, etc. All in all I was super happy I took them and how great Bernie was in the boat DH will maybe start taking him more now.

My mom safely arrived in L.A. today at my sister's house. She is glad to have had the adventures and sight seeing along the way but happy to be done with the journey and starting her new life in California now.

Hope you ladies had a great Monday ~ I will talk to you all tomorrow Tami

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout last night, I was tired and had a headache. I thought I was getting a cold, but it must be the sinuses. I'm feeling better this morning. My workout was 4DS Lower Body, and now the legs are nice and toasty.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, even getting in the 100 reps! I'm usually one to get out of a situation like that also, I had a hard time when my own kids had the stomach flu. I guess when you are in a situation like that, you convince yourself that you just deal with it. That has to be the reason why I was okay. I think that would be a very valid reason to get the workout blender, just so you can mix those three together with something like X10 or Tabata! :D I can just see the compilation that you might come up with.

Thelma, Nice workouts! I have done that many times, saying Just Do It! The evening ones are the worst, so glad that I'm getting at least a half hour in the morning. Makes me feel better if I do manage to miss a workout. I counted out my weeks this morning, and I'm on week 7! So you where right.

Tami, Glad to hear that you had a good weekend, and also that the pups had a good time too. Emma and Cami do sound like they are in similar situations with their age/health. Cami gets stiff like that also. Nice that you had some fresh salmon to eat! That is one thing that I would love about being where you are. Although we do have walleye, and it is delish! Glad to hear that you Mom is safe at your sisters. How very nice of your in-laws to do that for you. I'm hoping that DH and I will be like that when we don't have the responsibility of a house. I still like doing yard work, but when we move it will not be in a place that needs yard maintenance.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I started today with XT Cardio Leg Blast. I took a bit of a break after that then went into Kick Max. But it just flew by and I felt like more....so instead of doing the leg conditioning drills, I opted to do the cardio blast twice! Made for a good 70 minute cardio workout.

Tami, I am so happy to hear your weekend went well! Sounds like the pups handled the trip well, and you were successful fishing! What a surprise to arrive home and find your in-laws working on your yard. I bet it feels good to have that done, though. I am really happy to hear your mom arrived safely in LA. Any idea when she will get into her new condo? Hopefully she doesn't have too long to wait.

Thelma, great workout! I agree about the news coming out of the Carolinas right now. It is so sad to see so much under water. It will take some communities quite some time to recover.

Laurie, sorry to hear about the headache, but glad you are feeling better. I love that lower body workout. I just don't do it often enough! I was thinking yesterday afternoon about an IMAX compilation and which segments I would use from each workout. Definitely no one-legged genie hops from IMAX2! I know you love that segment as much as I do......or do not in this case. :p

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Today was XT Cardio Leg Blast and debating on heading to Katy's Insane X/BootCamp class after work. Might doing something at home instead. :);) I did find out last week she had them RUN the entire hour of class. Remember the "hill" I told you guys about a couple years ago that the BootCamp instructor had us run? That one .... plus Burpees, push-ups, etc. on the concrete hill.

Laurel: What a combination of workouts ~ nicely done!!! Yes, it feels really good to have the yard done and I know DH is super happy. He is so exhausted by the time his fishing season is done that yard work is usually not happening and then the snow flies. So great to have it done. My mom's condo actually closed on the 15th of this month. So not very long and she will be moving in. She is nervous about having all her stuff fit into this small 1 BD condo compared to her house; having an extra bedroom and closet, etc is super helpful so we will see. I know she can make it work. Just an adjustment.

Laurie: Sorry to hear about your headache but glad you were feeling better this a.m. and able to get in a workout. Yes, Salmon is good stuff but I do like Walleye as well. We have Walleye up here as well but DH is usually Salmon fishing so we have a lot of that in the freezer. LOL
    My mom is beyond thrilled to not have any yard work to do EVER from now on. Her last two homes had so much yard work and she has lived alone for 20+ years that she is just over having a yard. She said potted plants on her balcony will be just fine with her.

New picture is sweet Bernie on the boat; yes he is a little bit Bubbalicious, but sweet as can be.

Hi Thelma ~ :)

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, XT Cardio Leg Blast tonight. Someone from my town just posted in Facebook that she saw a bear in her backyard! Scary! I hope it won't come near our house at all!

Tami, I'm so glad you had a great weekend, that the kids did so well and so happy to know your mom is with your sister now! I love Bernie's picture! I saw your picture holding those huge fish! WTG!!! I didn't know salmon could be so big!
    Poor Emma getting all stiff but I guess that was to be expected if the car ride was a long one. Thank God a little ibuprofen and sleep helped her feel better.
    OMG how sweet of your in-laws to surprise with the yard clean up! I don't think you should feel bad about not getting a 'workout' on Sunday because yard work=workout!
    I won't blame you if you chose to skip the gym tonight if Katy's BC involves that hill and running for one hour! YIKES! Great job with your workouts! I'm liking this week so far!
    Funny how we thought we were a week off. I had printed the rotation out and wrote the week number next to each Monday except I had missed a Monday on my count! LOL
    Are you saying your husband may take Bernie along with him on his fishing trips? You're going to miss him!!! Bernie looks so sweet!

Laurie, sorry about your headache. Glad you're feeling good and were able to workout! Sometimes I really have to tell myself just do it and give it your best or just do it and get it over with. LOL
    Makes sense that when you workout in the AM's and miss the evening workout you don't feel so guilty as when you miss your only workout of the day. This rotation has been my favorite of the ones I've done with you ladies.

Laurel, amazing combo today! WTG!!!
    It really is sad to see images of SC on the news. I heard that it will be a while before the water levels go down.

Good night ladies!

Thelma