Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ If I have learned one thing from Katy's class is when she is "unprepared" with a format we do a LOT of running sprints! LOL So last night was various stations around the gym and in between it was Sprints/Lines, Diamond Jumps, burpees, mtn clilmbers, more sprints and then stations again. My partner from last week was there again. I was in a different group last night but I glanced at her at one point .... she was pretty tired but I was happy to see she had come back! LOL HardStrikes this a.m. and tonight I am headed to Spinning. Hoping to find Bernie doing ok when I get home. Was just about to put both the dogs outside this a.m. and he had PUKED all over the bedroom floor. :neutral::neutral: OMG! It was a mess and I cleaned it as good as I could but will work on a deeper clean tonight. Poor thing, he felt bad and raced to the door to go outside. Knowing Bernie he will be just fine tonight, don't know what he ate that made that reaction but YIKES!!

Laurel: What a fun combo that sounds like! I always love to do upper body work and any of the KB workouts that follow; always great when I have the time. I also love the STS Legs for that very reason. You always feel like you got in a good leg workout. Those Insanity Max 30 workouts would be good with ICE, I was thinking that as well. A little boost of intensity mixed in with the intermediate would feel good!

Laurie: Great job with the workout last night for our official Leg day and then this a.m. sounds like it was good too. Are all of the workouts in the XT Tapout 30 min or are some longer? I too am really appreciating your comments and reviews on these :) thank you

Thelma: Way to get through XT Legs. Darn it on the shipping being SO much! That is one thing I have found when she has her "daily deals" then you pay a bunch in shipping so I usually don't do it. I'm with you on the Amazon purchase :wink: That workout is well worth the $$ whenever you decide to purchase it. That is one that if I wore it out, I would buy another ..... LOL

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Burn Sets Biceps & Triceps. I had a really crappy day at work and had to sit most of the day so today I only did 80% of the recommended daily activity and I don't have the energy to do the walking thing around the house. I'm off on Friday so at least I know that tomorrow is my last work day this week.

Laurie, sounds like you did a great combo today! Great job!
    If I'd had time last night I would've done that long leg premix but I had to stay later than usual at work and got stuck in traffic.
    I know I can switch from the rotation I'm doing to the new ICE but I was hoping to finish one before starting the ICE one.

Laurel, another winning combo!!! When you do the heavy bag routine do you just punch the air?

Tami, great workouts! Katie's class sounds Katie's workout sounds very challenging! I am definitely going to get the STS total body dvd but not from Cathe's website.

Good night ladies

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday after work was XTrain Bi's and Tri's, nice to get those two muscles worked. This morning was Turbo Fire HiiT 25, and that one was a blast. Love getting in these shorter workouts in the morning.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and have to agree with you on the PUB workout. Just a great way to change things up, and add in some tough ab work. I don't have a problem being the test subject for this system, you will be doing that with the Body Beast workouts. ;) The tubing that they provide is not tough enough, I think if I use the Turbo Fire tubing, it should give a little better burn. The firewalker typer band they provide is good, but it isn't as wide as the one Cathe has. I to have a hard time with the titles, and wondering what they may entail. Tonight will be Cardio XT, so am hoping that it will have some good kickboxing type moves. We will see.

Tami, So sorry to hear that Bernie was sick. It still amazes me what Rocket will put in his mouth, and thinks that he should eat it. On our walks, I think that he is eating rocks and of course grass. In the dark it is hard to tell. Great job on getting through all the running that Katy "forced" you to do, and of course your kb workout too. The workouts vary from 30 to around 56 min. There are none that are more than that, the Cardio XT workout that I'm going to do after work is 46 min. Sprawl & Brawl was 46 min. and Buns & Guns was 32 min. Just to give you an idea. Now the UFC Fit workouts are shorter, they all seem to be 45 min. or less.

Thelma, WTG on the workout. Dang on not getting to your goal. What a nice feeling that you are having a Friday today, and then get to enjoy a nice three day weekend. Totally understand not wanting to switch from a rotation that you are doing. Maybe slipping some of the new ones in is an option, that is what I'm planning on doing. Maybe trying out some of the blast that she created for this series. Enjoy your Friday! ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Lean Legs and Abs and I did the premix with the barre section. This workout took away all the lingering DOMS I had from Tuesday's STS workout, so it felt good. For cardio, I did Cathe's original IMAX workout. Still a great workout after 15+ years. Had a lot of fun with it today.

Tami, I really hope Bernie is okay. Not a great way to start the day....for you or him. Poor pup. Sounds like a tough Katy class, but I am glad that newcomer returned. Hope she keeps coming back.

Thelma, sorry to hear about the tough day. Good job getting your workout in regardless. On days I don't reach my goals, I never sweat it as long as I can say 'I gave my day all I could' and it certainly sounds like you did just that yesterday. So don't give it a second thought. Hope today goes better and at least you have tomorrow to look forward to.

Laurie, great workouts! Thank you for being will to be the test subject for Tapout! Like you said, I will return the favor in a couple of weeks with Body Beast. What would Imdo without you ladies? Seriously. Anyhow, I am glad I am not the only one confused by the Tapout titles. I imagine I would feel the same way about many of Cathe's titles if I were unfamiliar with them because they all sound the same. Thanks for the info on the tubing. I have heavier options as well, but not lighter. So I should be good with the tubing I have and Cathe's fire walker loops.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night's Spin was really good. She told us it was going to be all hills and I kind of thought it would be boring but it wasn't at all. How did I doubt Katy?!?! LOL She brought it in Katy fashion and threw in some "bursts on hills" and all kinds of things. Decided to get in today's workout when I get home tonight. It will be my last planed "at home" evening workout for a while so thought I would take advantage of it! DH is super excited to be home tomorrow. He will be home before I get home from work. He said he would like to take me out for dinner but we will see. He might want a home cooked meal instead.

Laurel: Way to get in that LL&Abs even with the DOMs from the other day! I bet it helped loosen them up a bit but then to follow it up with IMAX . . . Yowsa, I am sure that did the trick. Bernie seems to be fine, thank goodness. Poor little guy. Who knows, he probably just ate something weird outside or who knows what. He was happy and wagging his tail and exited to have his dinner when I got home from Spinning. So no worries there, unless of course it keeps happening. So I spent part of my evening last night cleaning up a lot better than I had done in the a.m. then vacuumed so it looks and feels better. :smile: Well I will be benefiting from both you and Laurie with all your previews on the two workouts! TapOUt is sounding like one I would like.

Laurie: Great going with XT Bi's/Tris and then the TF workout this a.m.! Thank you about Bernie; so glad he seems back to normal today. Dogs do that sometimes I realize but it was A-LOT! Without details of course but you get the picture, so I was worried he was sick :neutral: Thank you for answering about the time frames on those workouts, really sound awesome so thank you again for continuing to keep us posted on them!

Thelma: Sorry yesterday was a rough day, I hope today is much better for you. Great job pushing PLAY despite the day. Most people would have probably bagged the idea of a workout! Nicely done and I am sure it felt good to get it done.

Hope you ladies have a nice evening ~ I will talk to you tomorrow! :smile:
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Hard Strikes tonight. I did a little warm up on my own before starting this workout with the gloves right out of the gate. Remember I hurt my shoulder recently with this workout.
    OMG today was a great day at work. I must've been really stressed when I was talking to my boss today that he had to tell me to relax. I told him how can I when I have to do all these things and babysit 6 people under me? He said: That's it then from this moment on you no longer have to lead that group! Can you believe it? He said I can't force you to do something you don't want to do. So to that I added that I didn't want to take the manager position either. He said OK. This is so surreal because it happened so fast. I never saw this coming. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders.

Laurie, great job! I'm glad you're enjoying those morning workouts. I think inserting an ICE workout here an there in the rotation will be the way to go.

Laurel, great combo today! Thanks for making me see that as long as I know I've given a day all I could I shouldn't sweat not doing the 100% activity.

Tami, great spin last night! I forgot to comment on Bernie last night. I hope he is doing better today. Exciting about your husband being home again! Enjoy dinner out!
    Let me tell you that pushing PLAY last night took super human effort. I had bagged the idea of working out last night but workout anyway.

Good night ladies

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

All I can say about Tapout Cardio XT is OMG! This workout left me spent, and sweaty. I would describe this as non-stop cardio, or Insanity with boxing/knee thrust moves. The warm-up reminded me a lot of Insanity, it was 15 min. of cardio warm up. He then went into a punch combo, and more cardio. Different variations of jumping jacks, running in place, shuffles forward/backward/side to side. My favorite move was simulating rope moves, I don't think that I have ever done that in a workout. With the weighted gloves, it really felt like you had a rope in your hands. All of the participants in the workout where barefoot, and where using their XT gloves. Now I don't have the XT gloves, so I put on my weighted gloves. I did try the workout without shoes, and made sure that I was on my mats. I will be putting this workout in my rotation, I LOVED it. This morning I needed to get the stiffness out of my body, so I decided to do Jillian's Kickbox FastFix Workout 3, which focuses on core. That was 20 min., so I added on Cathe's Ab Hits PS Abs.

Laurel, Yes my favorite of the Imax workouts! You are right it does stand the test of time. I think that you would love this Tapout workout, it had so much variety in it. Yes he does repeat the high knees/butt kicks, but he spaces them far enough apart that it didn't bother me. I didn't have much energy afterwards though, and had to get some food on the table for the family. :p Yep you should be good with your tubing and the firewalker loop. In fact I will probably be using that loop, probably will get a better burn next time.

Tami, Glad to hear that Katy spinning class was her in her awesomeness. If I was your DH I would be very happy to be home also, it has to be hard to be away for that amount of time. Cami is a dog that has a sensitive stomach, I have seen things that no one should experience with the amount that discharges from a dog. :D So I have a very good idea of what you went through. One of the best things about Cami is that she's never done that on a carpeted area, it has always been on our tile or hardwood floors. I think that you would have enjoyed the Cardio XT workout also, when I was working out last night I was wondering if Katy had tried the rope move with your class. Really that is what I thought! :o

Thelma, Great job on the workout. Good idea getting in the warm-up before strapping on the gloves. So glad to hear that the weight was lifted. Sounds like you made the right decision for you. Enjoy your three days off now that you don't have that to worry about. I just wish it didn't take so long after they film to get the workouts. Well really it isn't that long, but I have a hard time knowing that they will be in my hands in or around two months.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Enjoyed a great workout today. I started with Supercuts and did the extreme premix. I love this workout for that all over worked feeling it gives me. I felt like a bit more cardio after, so I took a bit of a break and then did Tabatacise. <3 Great way to end the workout week.

Tami, sounds like a good spin class! Glad to hear Bernie is feeling better. Hope it was just 'one of those things' as you say. Hope your DH makes it home safely and you enjoy a nice weekend together. Hard to believe another fishing season has come and gone.

Thelma, so happy to hear the news from work! I bet that makes this a special three day weekend for you. Good job with Hard Strikes. I am glad you warmed up before hand to help ease your shoulders into the workout. Hopefully you won't have any repeat injuries from this workout.

Laurie, great review of Cardio XT. If I hadn't just finished working out when I read this, I probably would have had a go with it today. Looking forward to trying this one. I doubt I do it barefoot though. My poor feet......but I will see if it feels safe with shoes. I have the XT gloves (and love them!) so it is looking more and more like I have all the equipment I might need for this series. Yay!

Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. On Friday I did Lean Legs & Abs with Bonus Barre, Saturday KCM 30 MTF Step Boxing and Cize Crazy 8's. Today my usual spinning. I hadn't done the KCM workout in a long time and it's a great one.
    On Saturday we went to my BIL's and we always play games for hours. I of course wear my fitness tracker all the time and every time it went off after 55 minutes of inactivity I'd jump off the chair and started moving. LOL. They probably thought I was crazy but at the end they all got up and started moving around. I can't believe this is the last week of our current rotation. I better make up my mind about what to do next!

Laurie, great workouts! I'm glad you liked your new Tapout workout. That rope move sounds great! How did your feet feel while doing the workout barefoot? I did have a very relaxing weekend knowing that I no longer have to babysit my co-workers.

Laurel, great combo on Friday. I should do Tabatacize one of these days.
    This weekend was definitely special knowing that I no longer have the insane responsibilities I've had since 2012. Warming up before the kickboxing workout has to be a most do for me.

Hi Tami! You were on FI-YA today lady! I hope your DH is home now.

Good night ladies

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workouts for me at all this weekend. Ended up not feeling all that well. Yesterday we spent most of the afternoon at a food tasting event with our oldest dd. It was fun, but way to many places for sweet treats. This morning I was back into the swing of things with RWH LIHI Chest, Triceps & Shoulders. :D

Laurel, Very nice workouts you got in. I have not tried that premix on Supercuts yet. You must have the upgrade package from what I have, so your tubing is probably better than the one I have for the Tapout set. I think that they indicated that was a 15lb tubing, so not to bad. I will probably try that workout with my shoes next time, it was fun trying it without shoes, but I think that I need more support. I think I liked the workout alot, because it had so much variety in it.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts. Can't believe you don't have a rotation in mind! :D I have rotation ADD so I always make plans way ahead of time. Great job getting everyone up and moving around during your game time. I actually didn't have a problem with my feet at, and that surprised me. Glad that you enjoyed your days off.

Tami, Hope you had a great weekend.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had an nice weekend here. Saturday I spent 'spring cleaning' which is never fun. But it has almost been a year since moving in, so it was time to do some deeper cleaning, especially in the kitchen. I always feel better when it is done, but I can't say I enjoy doing it. It was also my day off from working out, but I did go for a long walk which felt nice. Yesterday DH and I enjoyed a day on the golf course. It was nearly 90 degrees here, but with a light breeze and dry air, it felt really nice out there.

I also started the last week of our rotation yesterday. This has just flown by. The rotation (as I reordered it) called for RWH Low Impact HiiT One and Two premix, which I did. But I also threw in RWH Lower Body Circuit beforehand for a little extra 'something'. Made for a good 90 minute workout. Today I did High Reps, which felt tough! But I enjoyed it. That feeling of wanting a little extra something in cardio was still there today. So, for cardio, I did X10 Low Impact into Insanity Max 30
    Cardio Challenge. And it felt so great!! I think I needed that push today for some reason.

Thelma, sounds like a good weekend of workouts. I love that you had everybody moving around every hour during your game night! You are such a good example. I am also happy to hear you were able to enjoy your weekend because of your situation at work. Sounds like it has been quite a relief.

Laurie, I am sorry to hear you weren't feeling well this weekend. That's no fun, though the day at the tasting event sounds nice. No doubt I would have gravitated to every sweet there. I think DH ordered the full package when he ordered the
    Tapout series. I must admit, I think the products that came with it are really good quality. With some Beachbody products, I find the opposite. But these are products I will be looking to replace with identical replacements if they wear out, especially the weighted gloves. Good stuff. Glad you felt well enough to get in a good workout this morning.

Tami, hope you had a good weekend and DH arrived home safely. I am holding you responsible for me doing Insanity Max 30 today!! The mere mention of them last week had me thinking about them over the weekend. So good.....but tough!! However, nothing makes me feel quite as energized as a tough Shaun T. workout. :) So thank you for the suggestion.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Happy Monday!!! It is very good to have DH home and he is even happier than I am forsure! He said living in a trailer and fishing day in and day out becomes a bit like the movie "Groundhog Day"!! We enjoyed the evenings together but during the day both days he was outside unloading the trailer and cleaning one day and the next day was the boat and scrubbing coolers, etc.... so he is ready for some relaxation in the evenings this week he said. He did jump out of bed when I got up this a.m. He had a dream his clients were waiting on the river bank to go fishing and he was late. Poor guy. That's what being up every day @ 3:30 will do to a guy I suppose.

Workouts over the weekend were KCM Lean Body Circuits + PiYO Core on Saturday and yesterday was High Reps followed by a quick X10 Fat Burn Circuit, then I had something to eat and headed off to our Volleyball games. We won 6 out of 6 yesterday, which was great! This a.m. was RWHiiT Low Impact HiiT One and Two Pre-mix and tonight I am planning on BootCamp.

Laurel: Well you are very welcome for that reminder/suggestion about Insanity Max 30! Way to go. Holy workouts that you put together yesterday and today! Nice job. I bet you felt like you were really worked both days in a row. I did start looking into a couple different STS rotations and looking to see how I can incorporate the two programs! I will probably use one of Cathe's and swap in the Insanity Max 30 in place of "others". In my searching online I did find a Body Beast + Insanity Max 30 rotation, (thought of you of course) I could always swap in STS workouts in place of Body Beast. I'm with Thelma, I need to just decide on something and go with it! Probably the first plan will be easier for me to plug in, I will have to look closer. I bet it felt amazing to get your kitchen all "spring cleaned" I know when I did that a month ago in mine, I have loved it ever since. Never did get to our closet, but that can still be "on the list for a rainy day" which plenty are coming I am sure.

Laurie: That is so funny you thought of Katy immediately on the "pretend jump rope" action; and the answer is YES, of course she has. We do that a lot in fact as intermittent cardio bits or she actually has jump ropes that we pick up. OK XT Tapout is sounding more and more as a goer for me!!! Yay, thank you for that review (again) on the Tapout Cardio you did Friday! Minus the barefeet, I will definitely not be doing that. I just feel more comfortable in all exercises with something on my feet; other than Yoga. LOL Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well over the weekend; hopefully it is just a brief setback and you feel better today!

Thelma: That is outstanding news and so happy your boss finally stopped the PUSH of having you lead the group and/or be the manager. I bet you feel like the weight of the world is off your shoulders forsure! Great lineup of workouts over the weekend! Nicely done. Yes, DH is home and of course the pups were thrilled to see him and he was happy to see them as well. Emma just adores him, its so sweet.

Update on my mom: She is officially living at he condo as of Saturday. She had new appliances delivered today and loving it so far! I am thrilled for her. I did send her a little "care package" welcome package combined and she thought that was the best thing ever. Miss her and hope she truly is happy, not just saying it so we don't worry. :wink: :blush:

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon, I will talk to you tomorrow! :smile:
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, High Reps tonight. I have improved in my lifting a lot thanks to this rotation. Today for the first time in years my arms were super fatigued. I am lifting heavier for sure. I'd forgotten this workout didn't have a slow warm up. I don't know how lifting out of the gate is a warm up. I had to pause to do a little warm up because doing Cathe's warm up was feeling risky in the shoulder department.

I think I found my next rotation but may not do the 12 weeks if Cathe comes up with her ICE program rotation:
    STS/LIS/XTRAIN/TTM/CROSSFIRE - 12 WEEK ROTATION​
    http://cathe.com/forum/threads/xtrain-and-sts-rotation.292388/

I made this recipe yesterday for this week's lunches. I served it on a bed of lettuce because the lettuce wrap can get messy. Yummy!!! I loved how tasty this is. The recipe says it's 4 servings but it was too much for me so I made it into 5 servings.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/turkey-taco-lettuce-wraps-3-pts.html?showComment=1445907343421#c514473716885940237

Laurie, great workout! Glad you're feeling better and back in the swing of things! How wonderful that your feet are fine!
    The rotations I've done so far you ladies have found so I've had a hard time making up my mind and finding the right rotation. I definitely know that I need to do cardio between lifting sessions so I don't hurt my shoulders. I need to keep it that way and this rotation may be it. I'm going to modify it a little by replacing the spin workout with something else.

Laurel, great workout combo! Cleaning is not fun at all so good for you for getting it done! It was funny to get everybody to move on Saturday. I was in meetings a good part of the day today and one meeting was 2 hours long. I sat near the door so I could get up to move around. Next week we have an all day offsite meeting (boring!) which means sitting all day long. You know I'll be getting up to move around then!

Tami, glad your DH is back! Poor thing jumping out of bed so early thinking he was late to meet a client. I can see how his fishing days become "Groundhog day" like.
    Great workouts! You've been on fi-ya! AWWW! The pups are so happy to have daddy back home! So sweet! Great news about your mom! I'm so glad she loves her new place. Hopefully she'll make great friends there. Are you planning a visit in the near future?
    I do feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. I walked in the office today with a totally different attitude. I was so relaxed and now I'm able to focus on the next huge project I'm leading. At least it's something I want to do! LOL

Good night ladies
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Wanted a little change of pace with instructors, so yesterday I did Kettlebell Kickboxing 7 Day Lean Martial HiiT, totally loved that one. Didn't use a kettlebell at all, from what I understand this series is kbless. Just made up an my own acronym. ;) This morning I was back with the Tapout and tried Mauy Thai, totally love this workout also. Lots of punching/knee strikes/kicks/planks! If I was doing a P90X rotation, I would sub this workout for KenpoX. I used my weighted gloves, because everyone had their XT gloves on. There where MMA fighters and test group people in this workout, and one of the MMA fighters had awesome form. It was a treat just to watch him doing his strikes. After the kb and this workout, my abs are really feeling worked.

Laurel, Nice job getting your kitchen deep cleaned, I agree with you it does feel so nice to have that finished. Nice workout combos again, and of course being inspired to do Insanity Max 30. I couldn't resist the sweets, but didn't eat all of the portion. I was surprised that some of the places made such large desserts. Make a bite size cupcake instead of a "normal" size. At least that was my feeling. Of course the larger one was the best of all of the desserts. With the Mauy Thai workout, I was able to see that the gloves really fit the hands tight, so they do look like they are nice. I have a pair of weighted gloves that are nice and tight, you have separate finger holes. I think I got them with a kicboxing DVD at one point.

Tami, What a way for you DH to wake up, that sure must have made his heart pound. I have done things like that, thinking that I was late for work. Your workouts sounds like you got in a great variety, love that you slipped in some PiYo. Hoping to get in a couple of those also in the next rotation. Some of them are short enough that I can get them done in the morning. You would enjoy these workouts a lot, I have been. Even with all the plank type moves. I think it will just make me stronger in the core, it I keep incorporating these type of workouts. I kind of like working my core and getting in cardio at the same time.

Thelma, Everyone but myself was on a High Rep workout. :D Mine will be coming up in a couple of weeks. I'm determined to finish this rotation. I remember that rotation, and it had a nice variety to keep you interested and it was enjoyable. Thanks for the recipe link, it looks like it would be delicious. Good idea to put in in a salad form instead of trying to make the wrap work. I didn't do the spinning either, so I subbed in workouts that I liked to do.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Lower Body Blast. I have done a lot of leg work these past few days, and I was feeling it today. Good thing I love this workout. For cardio, I took it down a notch and did the cardio premix of 4DS Kickbox/Bootcamp. Loved this one today!

Tami, I am happy to hear DH made it home safely. Sounds like he is happy to be there, minus the scare early in the morning. I have done that before and it is not a good way to wake up, that's for sure. It is funny you mention the Body Beast/Insanity Max 30 rotation.....because I was thinking of doing something like that when I did the Insanity workout yesterday. I just don't know if my body can handle that much Insanity. I think I am going to give Body Beast a try for a week or so, see how my body feels and then decide whether to add Insanity. So glad to hear your mom is doing well. I am sure it is an adjustment for her. But I hope she is also loving it!! When I read that Cathe was using Los Angeles as her backdrop in this new series I was thinking 'YAY', so it is hard for me to imagine somebody not loving it there. Hope that's true for your mom.

Thelma, I was thinking about you yesterday when I did that Hard Strikes warm up. Not my favorite warm up either. But I am so happy you are enjoying good results from this rotation. That STS rotation looks fantastic!! I am going to save that one for maybe after Body Beast. It reminds me a bit of this current rotation we are doing but with STS instead of RWH. Love the look of it.

Laurie, that's a little strange to title a workout 'kettlebell' and not use one. But I suppose it doesn't matter if it was a good workout. Thank you so much once again for the Tapout description. This one sounds like another keeper. Yes, you nailed why I love the Tapout gloves. They fit tight and don't move around my hands. I also like that they are small so I don't feel like I am swinging a stability ball on each hand. :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night's BootCamp was "so-so", we had a substitute instructor and she wasn't very organized, which may not have been her fault if she had last minute notice; so she kind of quickly put together some stations and we did those. They had some very familiar and similar moves and then randomly we would do jump squats or high knees, jumping jacks, whatever she yelled out. Again, it was ok. This a.m. I ended up subbing in a shorter leg workout and did LIS Tri-Sets Lower Body, that was perfect time frame for the amount of time I had. Tonight I will head to Katy's Insane-X class after work.

Laurel: Fabulous combo today, I was really looking forward to LBB so I may do it on Saturday! Hate to miss out on the full effect of that one. smiley: Great job with the 4DS cardio. I can totally understand what you are saying on the Insanity added into any rotation; hence my dilemma on "what to do" . . . I don't want a dread factor going while doing a brand new rotation. I may opt for an STS rotation and randomly put in some of the Max 30 so I don't feel like I am not following my plan. LOL Yes, I know that my mom absolutely loves the weather and scenery in L.A. plus her condo is only a mile from the ocean, so it's wonderful and she is close to my sister and grandkids. So what isn't to love right?!?!! What kind of gloves do you guys have? the Tapout gloves that come with the workout? My weighted gloves that I have do often get loose and a swinging ball attached to my hand feeling . . . LOL they are heavier too so it can be really awkward sometimes.

Laurie: Another great review!! Thank you. The planks sound perfect, I really like any kind of planks and training my core in that way, so I'm going to start thinking serious about this one! Great job mixing in a KB workout as well; you truly are working your core a lot with that added into the mix as well. I have you to thank on my "shorter workout" this a.m.; sometimes I think I don't have time if I hit snooze too many times (and sometimes that is beyond true) but today I thought, I definitely have time to get in a 35-40 min workout, just move it and go! Felt great and that leg workout is always good. As I told Laurel, I will make up LBB on Saturday I think. :smile:

Thelma: So happy to hear you walked into work with a way better feeling and attitude. Makes all the difference in the world. Coming from a very similar feeling (not same situation) anyway I can relate! Thank you SO much for the links. I love so many recipes on Skinny Taste and my mom bought me a cookbook too. I will take a look at that rotation; again it might be one I printed out a while back for "someday" . . . I will check it out. Sounds amazing!! :smile:

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ until tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, RWH Low Impact I & II. Stayed late at work and then was stuck in traffic coming home. I was really tired and didn't want to workout but I pushed myself to do it. I went into it with mega dread factor but when I saw that I was burning a lot of calories I decided to keep going and give it my best because I was ready to quit after part I. Tomorrow I have Lower Body Blast and it is a 76 minutes I may have to leave it for Friday when I'll have more time. Friday calls for STS TBT which I don't have so I'll have to look at my notes to see what I did instead of this one.

Laurie, awesome workouts! Glad you're having so much fun with your new workouts! I really enjoyed that High Reps workout last night. I just have to remember to do a proper warm up next time. I am going to spin on the next rotation but on Sundays. I highly recommend that recipe!

Laurel, killer combo today! WTG! The STS rotation is essentially what you said: STS instead of RWH. This type of rotation seems to be good for my injury prone body. I am definitely going to repeat the current rotation in the future.

Tami, sorry your BC class was not challenging enough for your taste. Great workouts at home! The newly found attitude feels good. Of course today I found myself going back to that lead role. I just can't let the team fail so I'm leading from behind by just letting my boss know what's going on so he can do the redirecting. I know you can totally relate to my situation after your last job. I love the Skinny Taste recipes to. Your mom got you the Skinny Taste lady's cookbook?

Good night ladies

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got home yesterday and did Rockout Knockout as is, no premix. I really do like this workout a lot. This morning I decided to do RWH LIHI Legs, and then will be going for yoga after work. They included yoga in this Tapout set, so my body has been doing a lot of kickboxing this week. I think it is time to give the body a little yoga love. :D And of course it will give me a chance to see what Mike's yoga is like.

Laurel, I think that you and I where in the same boat with the feeling the legs. Love that 4DS Premix, you are finding some really great cardio to supplement your cardio fix. I'm sure that there will probably be a clunker in one of these workouts. I tend to ignore some of the group form problems. There is one guy that just doesn't seem to be all that into the workout, and his performance is a little lacking. At some point Mike is in the guys face, trying to get him motivated. When that happens I'm happy it wasn't me. :D

Tami, Dang on the class not being up to the usual standards, guess Katy will probably make up for not being there at the next class. :D I'm going to be doing the STS workouts in the format that Cathe used for her Oct 09 Rotation. She mixes Meso 1 upper with Meso 3 legs in the first week. I took that and created a 3 month rotation for myself, using the same concept. Glad to hear that your Mom is settling in so well. Has to be hard to have her so far away now. You are welcome on the short on time workout. I have been getting in some great burns, and if I don't feel like a longer workout after work, it still ends up being a total of 60 or so min. in my whole day. Yesterdays combo was a really good burn, don't know if I want to do that to often.

Thelma, Great job getting the workout done! I don't know if I would have been as good at getting the workout finished. Now that you said you enjoyed the High Reps workout, I will have to do it when it comes up in the next two weeks. I have avoided that and STS TB this whole rotation. I think the last week is a celebration for me, so I should probably take the time to do both of them. ;) That is a longer workout, can understand that you would want to wait until you have enough time.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I did my workout in two parts today. I was actually really tired physically when I got up but knew some good movement would help. So I did RWH Upper Body circuit with the ab work mixed in (59 minute premix). With the ab work blended in, this workout doesn't have a cardio factor but, instead, feels to me like a very nice total body workout. And it did the trick! My body woke up, so about 30 minutes after finishing that, I did today's planned workout which was RWH Plyo HiiT One doubled. I never would have made it through that this morning without my extended 'warm-up'.

Tami, sorry to hear about the BC class. I hope it was just a temporary thing though that BC class has been hit-or-miss for some time. I am really glad to hear your mom likes her situation there in LA. It really does sound pretty ideal, to be honest. Sounds like a good idea with the STS rotation. I agree about not wanting a dread factor with a new rotation. And since I am doing something completely new with Body Beast, I may want my familiar Cathe as a counter-balance to all that newness! ;) The gloves I use came with the Tapout series. I think they are available for sale separately from the Tapout website. I don't quite know how much they weigh (probably 12oz) but I was using my wrist weights for kickboxing, which moved all over the place. DH bought this Tapout set and next thing I know, I had 'accidently' confiscated his weighted gloves. :o They work so much better than wrist weights, that is for sure.

Thelma, glad you enjoyed the workouts and great job pushing through it. The main LBB workout is 59 minutes long. It is 76 minutes if you add the barre section, which is a good section but not necessary if you don't have time. Just FYI! I know because I was counting all 59 minutes of it yesterday!! :p

Laurie, great workouts. Really curious how you feel about the yoga in Tapout. I hope it is good. I definitely ignore some of the group form issues for workout series that aren't Cathe. Boy, Turbo Fire is a hot mess of form.....but I still love the series!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night's Insane X class was another TOUGH one and she had it all planned out for us. In a nutshell: a LOT of running, push-ups, burpees, and lunges with a weight held straight over our head across the gym with a sprint after each. So it was 5 minutes straight of all of this back and forth across the gym. Then we did about 15 min of abwork. Yowsa! A handful of people left before we ever got to the ab portion.
    This a.m. I did the Plyo HiiT One "Doubled" pre-mix! Which felt great and tonight I am headed to Spinning.

Laurel: We were on the same thinking this a.m. with the "Doubled" pre-mix; I like that one. You're right, the BC class is a "hit & miss" situation; disappointing since it was my first time back to the Monday night in a while. Jessica should be back next week and then I think it will be our regular stations. I can't wait to hear your reviews about Body Beast. Between you and Laurie with the Tapout XT I may be investing in a couple more programs! Just what I need right. Maybe not all at once, but still. :smiley: Thank you for that info on the gloves. I have seen nice ones at Sports Authority but they might be cheaper on Amazon or online anywhere compared to in the store; or of course with the program. LOL

Laurie: Great job with RK and then the RWH Legs today! Can't wait to hear your review on XT Yoga! Your next rotation sounds like it will be awesome. YAY :smile: Yes, actually the Monday night class isn't Katy . . but Jessica so we will see what she does for us next week. Katy would definitely make us pay for an easier one.

Thelma: Awesome job pushing "play" again despite the tireds and dread. I am sure you were happy when you finished. I'm saving Lower Body Blast for Saturday since I missed it the other day. :wink:
    The book she bought for me on my Birthday was Skinny Taste and it is a bunch of fabulous recipes. I have seen a lot of them online as well; I think the same online people?!? Really a good book.

Talk to you tomorrow ladies ~ Tami