Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night's Insane X class was another great one. We did stations: Jump Rope, Heavy Ball Toss w/ Squats, Box Jumps, Rowing Machine, Push-Ups w/ weighted rows, Burpees w/ hurdle jumps, Heavy Plate Pushes, KB Swings and Heavy Ball Throw Downs. Each were 1 minute and you did 4 rounds before rotating. Katy put me with a brand new girl and that was fine but when I saw she had no water with her I asked if she needed to get any water before we started..... "no, I will be fine, I've done Insanity before". After our warm-up in the gym she said, "this is a little different than Insanity isn't it?" She did go get some water BELIEVE me I knew she would need it. But she made it through with modifications and encouragement, it was great! I missed my a.m. workout this a.m. so debating on Legs workout tonight, since I love that one or Spinning. We will see.

Laurel: What a fun combo today - way to go! I couldn't believe when I got the call last week about Volleyball either. Shows how fast the summer/time/life is clipping right along forsure. I'm with you on loving this rotation but now that I have done it twice and kind of a similar one in between I am ready for heavier/structured lifting! STS is definitely what has come to mind. I may look through some of the rotations and see; I know there are some good ones that include STS and others.

Laurie: Your rotation sounds perfect! I am glad you will be able to incorporate maybe some PiYO or shorter ones in the a.m. that you are enjoying. Yes, the fun smells and clean house are right up there with clean sheets! That was also in the mix so I couldn't wait to go to bed. Always a cozy, nice feeling! Good job with the Peak 10 workout . . . I think I watched the clip on that one too (a new one right??) when I looked at the other one you liked so much. It did look a little bit more "choreography" based; not bad, just more. Also good job on the LIS Lower Body. Have a nice hair appt tonight!

Thelma: Sorry to hear you might be catching a bug. Hopefully not. It is probably all that stress from work and hours getting you a little run down. Take your vitamins and drink lots of water!! Great job with RK Scrambled Pre-mix as well. to answer your question, the "wrap gloves" she and the others are wearing aren't weighted, just hand wraps. The boxing gloves have I believe 12 oz. to them. I use my weighted gloves for that workout and HardStrikes as well, just for a little additional toughness! LOL That's too bad your little Bella can't have the plug ins around, but I totally understand. Emma sometimes knocks one of them near the front door with her tail. I used to think it was DH until I saw her tail hit it one day. LOL

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies! :smile: :smile:
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did RWH Legs tonight. I still have head pressure so I think this is a sinus thing. I went into the workout with serious dread factor because of how I feel but did it anyways. My foot surgery follow up went very well. The x-rays showed the bone where it should be as if it never moved. Now they are questioning whether the bone moved because it could've been the angle the x-ray was taken from. I don't need to go back for any more follow ups which is great. The doctor said I should be able to do anything I want to now which I already have been doing for a while now.
    My boss brought up the manager position again. He is going to talk HR about making me the manager. Of course he mentioned that it would be a lateral move. I was feeling like a zombie this morning because of the nighttime med I took last night and didn't say anything! DUH!

Laurie, awesome job with your workouts! That rotation idea sounds great. I feel that I need to do more lifting but part of me wants to either repeat the current rotation or find one similar to it. I like what you have in mind but I need to have it structured like the rotations we've been doing where somebody already listed the workouts. I feel the current rotation is doing my body a lot of good. Of course the idea is to shock the body so repeating this rotation defeats that purpose. Cathe's new series will most likely be shipped out in late fall so I imagine there will be a rotation for that. Makes me want to restart the current rotation and switch to the new series rotation when it comes out. Decisions, decisions!
    So I don't have a cold. Definitely a sinus thing. I am a bit of a germaphobe Laurie. I never touch door handles, faucet handles and I disinfect whatever I'm going to use in the lab that others have touched. I even disinfect the chair handles I will be sitting on because I'm sure others have touched it. This is why when others get sick I'm OK. I work with two guys who cough all the time into their hands. One of them is a smoker and the other one I don't know why he does it. I cringe when I see this. I've tried to educate one of them about not coughing into his hands but this is one of those "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" situations.

Laurel, great combo today! Thanks for the kudos on my workouts! The DOMS were really a great feeling. Thank God I don't have a cold. I hope you feel better soon. I totally understand what you're saying about "the rest of you" feeling good! LOL Funny about your husband getting frustrated because you can't hear.

Tami, killer workouts! Funny about the newbie asking if the class was "a little different than Insanity" LOL. She was lucky to have you as a partner!
    I think stress is affecting my health. Today I worked from 6:30 - 1 and it was all stress. I take my vitamins every day and drink at least 10 8oz glasses of water a day. Thanks for answering my question about the hand wraps. I also have 12oz boxing gloves. I normally use them for the entire workout but that was how I hurt my shoulder recently so I'm being very careful. Funny about Emma knocking the plugin with her tail.

Have a great night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Hair appt. went well last night, and the youngest came with me. She got a really cute short cut, it is longer on one side compared to the other. She should have fun styling it, and showing it off to all her classmates. With her smock on, she looked like a hip stylist. I think the next thing she is going to do is color. :) It was really funny to see DH's reaction when he came home. Apparently she didn't tell him that she was getting it cut so short. DH is one of these guys that likes longer hair, so the reaction was kind of funny.

This morning I did Rockout Knockout Timesaver #1, and even though that one is short, I really like the combo.

Laurel, Love your workouts, might be because I did one of them this morning. :D Surprises me how the shoulders feel after that kb workout. I love the sound of the BB workouts, will have to wait for more information once you start. I have watched the infomercial many time, so I can understand what you are talking about. Some people have tried out some of the new workouts from Hammer & Chisel, they have them on their BOD channel, and they say that Sagi's workouts move faster than Autumn's. These all where people that are used to Autumn's workouts though, so I took that into consideration.

Tami, That class sounds like it had a lot going on! Glad that you enjoyed it. I think that this rotation will be perfect for me, I will be able to use a variety of instructors for the non-lifting days. I have been wanting to incorporate more yoga, so I know that I have to have a dedicated day for it, otherwise I will not do it in an off day. Yep that was a new to me Peak workout. I have had it for a while, but never had a chance to try it out. The premix I did was only three of the five rounds, but it was tough. She does have a "going though the moves" segment, for those complicated moves. I just dove right into it of course. :D

Thelma, So don't like sinus problems. :/ Love that leg workout. Great to hear that your foot is fine, must have been a relief to hear that. Oh my on the manager position! I'm sure that you will find a rotation that will work for you, there may be a one month rotation that could appeal to you until the new workouts arrive. I have those on pre-order also. They look like something that I can incorporate into my rotation, when we get them. We have so many people in and out of the office, I have to ignore some of what goes on with colds that people have. That particular person stood out way to much.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Great Glutes Extreme. I thought about subbing it with something else, but I ended up popping it in and was fine with it today. I followed it up with Cross Fire Extreme which just flew by. Love that!

Tami, definitely sounds like an Insane class! I am glad the new attendee got herself some water. That is way too intense of a workout not to hydrate in between moves! Hope you find a good rotation for next. I think I saw Cathe had a RWH/STS rotation which might be good. I just don't remember where I saw it. I tell you, my memory anymore......sigh. I can look for it, though, if you are interested.

Thelma, I am so happy to hear your appointment went well. But I am sorry to hear about the sinuses. No fun. Good job with the workout despite that. I still can't believe going to a management position would be considered a lateral move. How is more work, more pressure, more responsibility exactly a lateral? I don't get it. Anyhow, I hope you have some options if it comes about. If you want to repeat this rotation.,,..do it! The beauty of this rotation is there is so much variation built into it that there is no way your body is going to adapt to it. I love that you are enjoying the benefits of it!

Laurie, nice workout! ;) Glad the hair appointment went well. Your DD's hair sounds too cute! I love that kind of look on young people. I would imagine with her future career, she is going to experiment with many different looks. Your DH is probably in for a lot of shocks!! But I think it is fun. I was never one to experiment with my hair, but I enjoy people who do. That's interesting feedback on Hammer and Chisel. I have promised myself to get through Body Beast before given that one a glance. I don't need another workout system that sits on the shelf for months waiting for me to do it, and with Cathe's new ones, I am booked for awhile with new workouts! Not a problem I mind having though. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I opted for my Lift It HiiT It Legs + Abs workout last night, which felt great. I'm sure Spinning was good too, but really wanted to get in my "scheduled" workout and hate missing leg day! This a.m. was Lift It Hiit It Back/Bis/Shoulders, which was also a good one. No class tonight so will head home and get something in! :smile:

Laurel: Great Glutes is coming right up for me as well, I think tomorrow?!? Not sure. Great job getting it done and then rewarding yourself with CF Xtreme! I'm sure it was fun. Thank you for the suggestion on that one, yes I think I even copied it down at one point. I will take a look and thank you for the offer to look for it. IF I have troubles I will let you know. That would be a great rotation.

Laurie: I bet your DD does look so darling with her new haircut; and as Laurel said . . . I am sure she will try out many. My BFF who does my hair, shockingly does not change her hair very much, but most hair dressers I have known other than her do it all the time, or the color. So fun. Great job on the RK pre-mix! I'm glad even the condensed time frame you still felt worked, always a bonus! I read up on Hammer & Chisel again after you mentioned it and seeing the reviews from the "test group" and they seem to really like it from what I read. Super anxious to hear about it; NOT that I need more workout systems, but if it is something I think will be great I am sure I will go for it. I just can't help myself. :blush: Anxious to see Cathe's new series to come out as well.

Thelma: Sounds like we did the same workout last night!! Awesome job getting it in despite feeling major dread factor. You are doing amazing pushing through despite your tireds/stress/injuries (as always) nicely done! I'm with Laurel on "Lateral Move" :neutral: WHAT? Seems a promotion is more the term they should be using.
    Glad you are taking your vits and drinking water! I figured you probably were :wink:
    It was nice to be able to encourage a newbie right next to me and also to let her know it was ok to go get some water. Despite how tough the workout was she kept asking me if her makeup was running?! LOL :smiley: Ummmm, what?!?! I was worried Katy would see us "chatting" and have us all do extra Burpees or run lines. LOL

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ Talk to you all tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Spinning tonight. I feel better. I didn't take any sinus meds today so I think what happened is that my allergy nasal spray bottle is getting low and maybe I didn't get enough of a dose. I talked with my boss about the "promotion" turns out there may be a raise given some new rules. The decision hasn't been made by management so I won't worry about it for now.

Laurie, great workout! I'm glad your hair appointment went well. Your DD's haircut sounds cute!
    It was a huge relief to hear that my foot is fine. I'll have to log in to Cathe's Nation website to look at the rotations. I'm glad you'll be able to incorporate Cathe's new workouts into your rotation! Some people are pretty gross about managing their colds.

Laurel, great workout combo! Glad you had a JUST DO IT moment with that glutes workout!
    I had talked to my boss today and said pretty much what you wrote today. All of a sudden rules had changed. It could very well be true because we just started the new fiscal year.
    You're about this rotation having a lot of variety. I feel that I'm improving.

Tami, great workouts! You've been on FI-YA! Thanks for your kind words about workouts. That lateral move for free is insane. Hopefully it won't be free. I told DH that if there is more money I have to see it as a way of getting us closer to retirement.
    OMG Tami, I can't believe that girl kept asking you if her makeup was running! That is just too funny.

Good night ladies

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did Tapout XT Sprawl & Brawl after work yesterday, talk about an all over sore body this morning! :o This workout is a total body weight workout. You do plank/push up moves, then stand up and do leg/punching moves, some plyo, and then back down on the floor for some very good core work. The 46 min. flew by, so this one is a keeper. Turbobarre was on the schedule for today, and I don't have that one. Opted for 21DFX Lower Fix Extreme.

Laurel, Awesome job getting the GG workout done, and then yo where able to do a workout that you enjoyed so much. So far Tapout XT reminds me a little of Insanity/Les Mills Combat. I like that the workouts incorporate punching into it, otherwise I probably wouldn't have as much fun. I'm not a huge fan of the difficult push-ups, but if I can master them then I know I will have gotten very strong. Oh yes I thing that dd will have many many hair styles as she progresses in her career. It still amazes me that my girls are so good at styling their hair, and applying makeup. I really am very very bad at it, so they didn't learn anything from me. :D One of the main reasons I'm giving Tapout XT and UFC Fit some time in my rotation, they have been collecting to much dust. :D

Tami, Great job on the workouts! I don't like missing leg day either. This week has been super heavy on the legs, must be the workouts that I have picked to supplement this rotation. Will be happy for a rest day on Sunday, probably should do a stretching workout. Even a short one would probably help. My stylist changes her hair style periodically, but there are some in the salon that have not changed theirs. I find that interesting. If the H&C workouts do get good reviews, I'm probably going to get them. I do enjoy the 21DFX workouts, so Autumn doesn't bug me. Most Beachbody systems are pretty good.

Thelma, Nice job on the spinning. Great attitude about the new job, until you know more about it no sense in worrying. I think you should be able to find a good rotation, she has so many available. If a certain workout in the rotation doesn't appeal to you, then I know you can change it up to make it work for you. I thought I was getting the cold that everyone in the office seems to have, but like yourself it must have just been sinus issues with the weather. We had some strong winds yesterday, so I'm sure that there was a lot of allergens floating around the air.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I started with a bonus upper body workout. I combined the LIHI upper body workouts without finishers for a good 65 minute workout. I really feel these workouts differently without the finishers. My arms were fried at the end! For cardio I did Party Rockin' Step 2 which was almost too much fun to call a workout. Just what I needed today since I was having one of those 'I don't want to' days.....but ended up happy I did!

Tami, great workout. I was laughing at the new girl asking about her makeup running. I am such a mess when I workout that I can't even imagine wearing makeup. I suppose this is why I workout at home! I don't even worry if my socks match. :p

Thelma, glad you are feeling better. I am so happy to hear they are backing away from the lateral move at work. It really doesn't make sense, and I am glad they finally realized it. Good job getting the spinning in!

Laurie, love that review for the Tapout workout. I really have to figure out how to work those into my routine from time to time because they do look and sound good. And they seem different to anything else I have. Please keep posting reviews as you do them because I am anxious to hear more about them. I am with you on the hair and makeup! I call myself a 'wash and wear' kind of gal......and I really am! Keeps it simple I suppose. But, really, I could have benefitted from learning how to do something with my hair over time! Oh well.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've not been on here for age but I'd love some advice.
    I have been dong an online video training programme by a UK trainer called Julia Buckley. I enjoyed it but now just want something different. What I love about it was there were three 20 min sections each day of strength, cardio and stretch. Would I be able to find something like this on the 'On demand' function of the Cathe site. in other words getting variety each day.
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Spinning tonight. RWH Back, Biceps, Shoulders on Friday, Great Glutes and Cize on Saturday. I didn't do Great Glutes extreme though because I wanted to do Cize.
    I was looking for a rotation on Cathe's forum and came across some good STS ones. I think i may do a one month STS rotation. Here are the rotations I found in case you want to look at them.

2 month STS/Metabolic/Hiit Undulating Rotation
    http://cathe.com/forum/threads/2-month-sts-metabolic-hiit-undulating-rotation.296802/

2014 New Year 4 MONTH STS/LIS/XTRAIN/METABOLOIC ROTATION (All DVD’s used at least once)
    http://cathe.com/forum/threads/2014-new-year-4-month-sts-lis-xtrain-metaboloic-rotation.295597/

OCT 09 ROTATION - Undulating STS rotation
    http://cathe.com/forum/threads/oct-09-rotation.268489/

January 2012 DOUBLE ROTATION
    http://cathe.com/forum/threads/january-2012-double-rotation.287356/

1) STS/LIS One Month Total Body Recharge
    2) STS/LIS Three Month Transformation Rotation

Laurie, that Tap Out workout sounds like a killer one! Great job! I looked at the rotation on Cathe's workout manager site and there you get the rotations one week at-a-time and I don't like that. Glad you didn't have a cold. We had our first frost last night!

Laurel, another killer combo on Friday! Awesome job!
    I am glad my there is promotion money available but I wish there weren't so I could keep saying no.

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Saturday I did Flex Train, that was to replace the mix up from last week. :D Sunday we had roofers over to repair some of the hail and wind damage that we experienced this year. It was super cold this weekend, so I give them kudos for being out there in the wind. DH came into the house with wind burn on his face. This morning I did another new workout UFC Fit Fat Fighter, this one is 5 rounds, 4 exercises per round. This was a lot like the Tapout XT workout that I had done on Thursday. I would say it is similar to Cathe's MMA Fusion workout, but for some reason I enjoy these more. Or I will have to revisit the Fusion workout, because it has been a long time since I have tried that one. Overall we had a really nice weekend.

Laurel, Nice workouts! I like to do some of the premixes without the finishers, it makes for a different feeling afterward. I will keep you updated on the Tapout workouts. It is an interesting experience to do both systems, I have not decided which instructor I like the best. Both of them have different ways of doing things, but similar in style. Guess you really have certain moves for MMA.

jaz, I think that you can be very creative with workouts by having the On Demand/Workout Blender. I have not tried this option yet (don't have the tv, and hard to use the steaming from my computer). I'm planning on getting this at the beginning of the year, should be getting my tv for Christmas. :D

Thelma, WTG on the workouts! The first two rotations that you have listed I have tried those, and they where a lot of fun. I was looking at that Double Rotation too, it looked like a good one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice, windy weekend here. We did get some golf in on Saturday before the winds got too strong, so that was nice. It was also my day off from workouts, so it is always nice to spend 4 hours walking a course on my days off. Makes me feel like I have at least done something relatively active. Yesterday was back at the workouts. I started with Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders. I couldn't figure out what I felt like for cardio, so I did a complete mish-mash which ended up being lots of fun. I started with X10 Cardio Blast, then went into RWH Plyo HiiT One and finished with RWH Low Impact HiiT One. Ended up being exactly 60 minutes and flew by! Today was Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's followed by Kick, Punch and Crunch.

Thelma, great workouts! I highly recommend that STS 2 month undulating rotation you posted. It was about my favorite STS rotation, and that says a lot because I have loved all of my STS rotations. But I loved the variety in that one.

Laurie, great workouts. I would hate to be working on the roof in the cold! But I suppose cold is better than snow. Interesting comparing the UFC workouts to the Tapout workouts. I haven't seen anything if the UFC workouts, but what I have seen of Tapout, I like the instructor and his energy. For me, the problem with Cathe's MMA workouts (including Fusion) is that she seems to have no energy in them, which is unusual for her. For those types of workouts, I want energy!

jaz, like Laurie, I haven't used Cathe's On Demand function. But Cathe does have a few options in her programs for getting cardio and strength in each day. As far as I know, though, she doesn't have anything per se that would be an equal 20/20/20 split between strength, cardio and stretch. Her programs look more like 30 cardio, 10-30 minute strength (depending on the program) and 5-10 minute stretch. But, again as Laurie pointed out, she does have a workout blender option on her site that allows you to create your own workouts. If you have any questions on Cathe's programs, please ask. Between all of us on this thread, I think we have all of her workouts!
  • 2BLean
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all on Friday and then I meant to check in over the weekend and catch up . . . . where does time go?!? Friday I ended up taking as a REST day and so Saturday was Legs and instead of trying to talk myself into Great Glutes I did Legs & Glutes Extreme pre-mix from the Body Blast series; which is always a great leg workout. Did that last month too in place of a other leg workout. Then yesterday was XT Burn Sets Chest/Back/Shoulders and headed to Volleyball. We did pretty good again, it was fun. Weekend seemed to fly by and I met a girlfriend for a quick drink and appetizer; we hadn't seen each other in a while so it was catch up time.
    Today I am planning on XT Legs at home . . . DH will be coming home this weekend and my "normal life" will resume. No more at home evening workouts option; just the gym classes (My friends at the gym will be happy to see me more regularly).

Laurel: Great job as always with all of your combinations! That sounds like a fun hour of workouts for the cardio! Nice job putting that together. Sounds like a nice weekend despite your strong winds. Back to the girl with the potential "running makeup" -- it will be interesting to see if she is there tomorrow night. She said she would be; for me, luckily my makeup doesn't run too badly . . . when I go to those classes I am straight from work so I don't scrub it off. Whatever happens, happens is how I go with it! LOL
    I cannot believe after this week we only have one more week in this rotation. I had meant to sit down and flip through my notebook of rotations; I will do that this week one evening. Need a plan in place :wink:

Laurie: Nice job getting in the two different programs and seeing how you like them; sounds like you are enjoying them both! Bonus :smile: Tapout is one I have looked at several times so I love hearing your reviews. I am with Laurel on the Fusion workouts of Cathe's. Just never really clicked with me on those and I was SO hoping they would be good. Just kind of slower moving and not as much fun. Tapout looks like a lot of energy, Insanity-ish but with more KB moves!

Thelma: Fantastic job on your workouts!!! Thank you for posting those rotations. I think I have most of those printed; this is a great reminder to me of "options", thank you. Exactly what I need to flip through my notebook and find. The STS Undulating is FANTASTIC, Laurel and I did that one a couple times I believe over the years. :smile: :smiley: I would also recommend it highly. The undulating style creates such a variety in STS, not that you need it in that program but just a great way to do STS.

Hope you all have a great afternoon & evening . . . until tomorrow!
    Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders tonight. I am definitely lifting a little heavier than I have in a long time. Of course tonight I feel that I may have hurt my right shoulder. I hope things are just tight and will feel better tomorrow. I have applied heat and that is helping.

Laurie, great workouts! I can't believe the roofers were at your house on Sunday. Our neighbor is having his roof replaced and the roofers where here yesterday too. I guess roofers work on Sundays. I'm glad you know those rotations too Laurie. I'd like to know when the first ICE rotation will come out. I could just do the 1 month rotation until the ICE rotation starts.

Laurel, glad you had a good weekend. Awesome workouts! I'm glad you all like that undulating rotation! I remember it now. I started doing it with you and I think that is when I hurt my shoulder. I think the reason why I hurt myself is because there is not much time to recover between lifting workouts. It is clear to me now that my upper body needs more time to recover between workouts. The reason why the current rotation has been good for me is that there is always cardio between lifting workouts. I should just modify one of these STS rotations to have cardio between STS days.

Tami, great workouts! Glad you ladies did well in VB! It will be good to have your husband home I'm sure. So glad you like those STS rotations. I think we did the metabolic one before. That one looks better for me as opposed to the first one on the list which includes less rest time in between lifting, I may just have to insert a few more cardio sessions in between and it will be perfect for me.
    Good night ladies

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was XTrain Chest, Back & Shoulders, felt good to lift some heavy weights. This morning was Turbo Fire HiiT 20, and that one was fun.

Laurel, Love the combo of workouts you where able to create! Glad that you had fun with it. WTG getting some golfing in before the wind picked up. That is a great way to describe the way I feel about the Fusion workout. These guys do make me want to try those crazy MMA moves, and it does help that they include modifiers in their workouts. Sometimes I'm not able to do the "cool" moves like all of the other kids in the DVD's. Another thing I have noticed is the background exercisers are in many other workout series. When I hear the name Cocoa, it sure must be the same lady. :D

Tami, Nice job on the workouts! The L&G workout is a good sub, and of course fun. Nice that volleyball is going so well. Looks like you are working those legs really good in the last few days. The Tapout and UFC Fit workouts are faster moving than Cathe's, for sure. But they both state to move at your own pace, so if I don't get the amount that everyone else does, I don't feel bad at all. I'm a slow old lady when it comes to up and down on the floor moves. But I'm shooting to be able to improve my abilities. I know that when I was doing Insanity, it really did increase my endurance. Another bonus is the kb moves in these workouts, just love that part of it.

Thelma, Great burn workout! ;) Good to hear that you are able to lift heavier, that is a positive. The roofers was one of our neighbors and his son, so they both have "regular" day jobs during the week. It is nice to live in a neighborhood with trades people living in it. :D I'm going to guess that Cathe will probably do something similar to last year, she created a Dec rotation for RWH if I remember correctly. Could be wrong on that.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was supposed to be XT Legs. But that one has never been a favorite, so I talked myself out of it pretty easily. I subbed in STS Disc 3/Legs instead. Just wanted something 'meatier' and, boy, did I get that! My legs were shaking at the end. So I took a little break then went into cardio which was To The Max Extreme. Great combo!

Tami, great workouts! I thought about doing that Legs and Glutes premix this morning. But with all the talk recently about STS, I opted for that instead. I love that L&G workout. Sounds like you had a good weekend. Hope you find a good rotation for next. I can't believe this rotation is coming to an end already! I have really enjoyed it.

Thelma, good job on lifting heavier, but I hope you didn't hurt yourself. Can you rearrange the workout order in the STS rotation to give you more time in between upper body work? I have really rearranged this current rotation each week to fit my schedule/preferences. It would be great if you were able to do the same if one of those rotations looks good to you. Cathe keeps saying 'late fall' for these ICE workouts, and that could mean as late as Christmas, so you may have a couple of months yet before seeing them. That being said, based on her updates, it sure looks like they are making good progress with them right now.

Laurie, great workouts! I love how you are alternating the TF, Tapout and UFC workouts right now. I think I would love that rotation since I love all things kickboxing/boxing related! I am with you on the speed of going to the ground and getting back up. I just go about my business anymore and pay little attention to the exercises in the workouts! But I do try to push myself my hardest but I am not 20 anymore, that's for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So as I mentioned, yesterday was XT Legs (instead of BootCamp at the gym) and this a.m. I did XT Bis/Tris+ Core; tonight will be Katy's Insane X class :smile:

Laurel: I understand completely on subbing in one for XT Legs. Good moves in that one, just needing a little more "meat" is the perfect word you used! So good on ya for doing STS and I bet it was amazing. Nice cardio to follow too. I am sure I will find something for the next rotation; I am definitely leaning towards STS and something mixed in. Maybe a little Insanity Max 30 :smiley:

Laurie: Way to go on the workouts! I think we are all eager to lift a little heavier right now it sounds like! Nicely done and good job with a quick TF this a.m. I was thinking that last night when I plugged in legs again . . . "already?" since I just did that Extreme Premix on Saturday. Would have been spaced a little better if I hadn't missed my workout Friday. OH well, I survived and so did my legs. At least I had a days rest between.

Thelma: Great job with XT - hopefully your shoulder is feeling better today and not injured? I will definitely take another look at those rotations you posted and make sure I am not missing one that I current have printed at home.

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ I will talk to you tomorrow
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, XT Legs today. This was a hard one and I couldn't wait to be done with it! LOL I didn't know that insanely long premix though. I just did the 55 minute routine and walked for a little bit on the treadmill.

Laurie, great workouts! You sure are lucky your neighbors are roofers! Thanks for reminding me the first ICE rotation will probably be out in December.

Laurel, funny you talked yourself out of XT Legs. Good call! LOL Great combo today! I was going to buy STS Total Body from Cathe's website today because it is one of those daily deals. The S&H was over $10.00!!! There was no way I was going to pay so much. I'll order it from Amazon.com when I'm ready. Thanks for asking about my shoulder. It felt pretty droopy today like it was much lower than the other one. I was depressed all day but after my workout today I massaged with the lacrosse ball and it feels better. There is one area that feels like it might be injured but not bad. I hope it will be better. Good idea to rearrange the rotation so I have more time to rest between upper body. I think I am definitely going to pick a 2 month rotation.

Tami, great workouts! I hope you had fun with Katie tonight! Thanks for asking about the shoulder. It is better but not quite back to normal.

Good night ladies

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I did XTrain Cardio Leg Blast, which really fried those legs good. Then this morning I did Tapout XT Buns & Guns XT! Should have probably done a different workout, but wanted to see what this one was like. The first section was with the band (just like the firewalker band), and he had some different exercises that Cathe hasn't even tried with that thing. ;) Then it moved onto the Bi's and Tri's. I did use the lame tubing that they provided with the set, just because I wanted to see what the workout was like with all the equipment. Then it went onto plank/bi tri work. So in plank you use the band and do triceps, just like Cathe does with weights. Overall a good workout, and I really did feel it in the buns. I will use a different band though for the bi/tri work.

Laurel, Must have been a leg day for everyone! :D Adding in the TF HiiT workouts has been fun, and I will probably have to include them into my rotations more often. I'm hoping to get most of the workout incorporated into this current rotation, before I start STS. I really want to include some of these into that rotation, because they really work the core on most workouts. I would rather do core work with cardio, than just a straight core workout for 15-20 min. The added bonus is of course the punch and kicking, since I really love my kb workouts. I agree with you on the time frame for the ICE workouts, they are really doing a great job on the updates. I really like it.

Tami, Another leg workout finished! Love it. Doing the HiiT and then legs was a really good leg day for me, and then adding in the XT workout this morning. My legs are buzzing right now. Will probably have to walk around a bit more today, I'm guessing the XT workout will be deceptive and sneak up on me by this afternoon. STS with Insanity would be really good, I'm sure that you will find something that clicks for you. I might do undulating for the STS, just to make it different. Keeping the same format that I mentioned last time though.

Thelma, LOL I love the that everyone had a leg day! Don't blame you for opting not to do that long leg workout. There is only so much leg work one can do. :) If you start a rotation, and find that the ICE workouts come in, you can always opt to start the ICE. I know that I will have a hard time not trying them out.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I decided to add a little more upper body work to the week, so I started today with Pyramid Upper Body. I love this workout for how well it hits the arms in a shortish period of time. And I think the core work is so outstanding! I followed it with Hard Strikes and did the premix with the heavy bag tabatas. It was good after that upper body workout.

Tami, good job getting through XT Legs. I am feeling the STS workout a bit today, that's for sure. I love the STS Leg workouts for that. They always give me a bit of DOMS. I think STS and Max 30 would be great! Once I got in to them, I really enjoyed the Max 30 workouts. I have been thinking of how to do them again, and I may try them with the ICE workouts. You know.....mix some intermediate workouts with some sheer brutality! :p

Thelma, good job getting through XT Legs. I never have clicked with this workout. Sometimes I am fine getting through it and other times.....not so much. Since I knew I wasn't in the mood for it yesterday, I didn't even try. But I am glad you made it through. Yikes on the shipping charges!! That is crazy.

Laurie, another great leg workout! Thanks for the info on the Tapout workout. I am starting to keep track of what each one is about as you post info so I can maybe figure out how to work them in a rotation. I am so confused by the titles that I can't figure out which ones are cardio and which are more strength based. So thank you for posting this info!! Was the band they used not heavy enough or too heavy? Just curious since I use the bands that came from this series as well. With your help, there is hope I may still figure out and use this series!

Enjoy the day.

Laurel