Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I was able to get in a nice lower body workout last night, I felt like straight forward conditioning/lifting for the legs so I did Pyramid Lower Body (went pretty heavy compared to Cathe) and followed it up with the 100 Rep Hip Thrusts. Surprised I am not sore this a.m. :p Today was Hard Strikes and tonight I am headed to Insane-X with Katy.

Laurel: That sounds like an amazing workout today! Love the combination you put together. I was thinking the same thing about lack of upper body this week, still like the variety, just missing a little upper body. I may have to pull out that MMA Boxing DVD from hiding and try that Heavy Bag work. I really enjoy the HB on both Hard Strikes and Rockout Knockout so I may really enjoy it! Thanks. Yes, I think my mom will be very happy in the L.A. sunshine forsure. She loves sunshine like I do and she finally admitted that the Portland rain does get to her a bit. When she was working full time you don't notice as much but when you are retired and at home, trying to stay busy all you see is rain for months. So sunshine will be wonderful.

Laurie: I will also have to make a note of that pre-mix, I haven't put that one together yet, sounds perfect! I'm that way too, if I don't follow the "program" I feel like maybe I missed out, unless I know what kind of a workout that was called for and can make a good comparison of something I like more. Learning to make it work is an excellent option I think! Hope you get in your workout(s) tonight. I know how those zzzzz's feel sometimes and glad you were able to get some extra today!

Until tomorrow Ladies ~ Have a great evening!

Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did get my workout in last night, and on the schedule was XTrain Legs... I subbed in 21DFX Plyo Fix Extreme (really like doing that one, and it hits the legs good) and Peak 10 Fit Test. This morning was RWH Low Impact HiiT Premix #4.

Laurel, What a great way for you to make that HardStrike workout yours. Love that you can mix things up like that. I noticed the two premixes at the bottom of the list, and that light bulb appeared at the top of my head. :# I did even realize that she had done that with these workouts, so I was happy also. It almost felt like the RWH LIHI ones, but with longer rests. Will be trying the Back & Bicep one tomorrow.

Tami, Great job on lifting heavier than Cathe! I always feel like I'm super strong when I do that. She lifts way more weight in her chest exercises than I can ever feel like getting to. :D In the back exercises though, I usually lift as heavy or heavier than she does. Last night I didn't think that I would get my workouts finished, with having to make sure that Rocket wasn't chewing on something that he shouldn't. This morning he tried to eat my lifting glove, now that would have been a huge no no. I'm ready for him to stop teething.

Have a great day!
    Laurie

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today the rotation called for RWH Lower Body Circuit but since I did that last week, I opted to sub in XT Cardio Leg Blast instead. <3 Felt great. I followed it with XT core work. Then after a bit of a break, I followed on with All Out Low Impact HiiT Extreme. Guess I was in an XTrain mood today!

Tami, sounds like a great substitute for Great Glutes. I find the ball/floor work in PLB to be so tough! Good for you not being sore. That one always gets me in the hamstrings. I remember we moved to Los Angeles in June, and everybody was all on about 'June Gloom' and how depressing it was. We were like 'huh'? Well, June in LA can be cloudy at times but, boy, it is far from gloomy! Made us laugh, especially since we were moving from Alaska! Your mom will probably get a bit of a laugh out of that too. Brighter weather is definitely good for the spirits, that's for sure.

Laurie, sounds like a good workout last night. The XT Leg workout isn't my favorite so completely understand changing it out. Thanks for the description of the Burn Sets premixes. My one complaint about the LIHI upper body workouts is she does seem in a bit of a rush through them. Much prefer the slower pace of the XT workouts, especially for lifting heavy.

Thelma, hope you are enjoying your week!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night's Insane X was a good one (again), we did circuits . . . which all the regular people are enjoying so she continues until someone tells her it doesn't match the class description and to go back to the actual "Insanity" style format. This a.m. was RWH Lower Body Circuit and tonight I will go to Spinning for a little cardio.

Laurel: Great combination of workouts today, sounds awesome! The ball work is tough in PLB, that's forsure, which I why I was surprised I wasn't sore. The RWH workouts do move quickly and I have wondered about that; is it due to the "HiiT" factor that she is trying to move it along?! Not sure. . . ;)
    I remember when my sister first moved to L.A. a few years ago and even last year when I was there in November and people were in full coats, scarves, boots, etc. and it was low 70's outside! LOL I couldn't believe it.

Laurie: Awesome work getting in that Plyo workout! Always sounds like a fantastic workout! I'm sure it worked the legs. Thanks for the kudos on lifting heavier than Cathe. I always think, why am I lifting heavier than her?! One exercise she seems to always lift heavier than me is Tri's. Not sure why, I don't feel weak there but in some of the moves I am just not comfortable with a 35 lb dumbell behind my head. LOL

Hope you ladies have a great evening! I will talk to you tomorrow

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did Peak 10 Pure Cardio after work, and it was fun. <3 I was the only one home, so I wasn't able to keep Rocket downstairs with me for the whole time. He was running up and down the basement steps. My dd's bra was a casualty of his boredom. After I was done with my workout, I decided that he had to much energy, so I took the two four legged children out for a walk. Oldest dd and her boyfriend came for dinner last night, and we watched Pitch Perfect 2. Not as good as the first one, but it was enjoyable. This morning was the XTrain Burn Sets Back & Bicep Premix 14, that one was fun also. I love it when the workouts just mix well. I'm thinking of doing another Peak workout tonight, but it will probably be weight work.

Laurel, Of course you subbed in that leg workout for the XTrain, that one is a blast! :D Glad you enjoyed the other Xtrain workouts that you did also. Totally agree with you on the XTrain vs RWH weight workouts. I sometimes have to scramble with my weights, because I don't realize that she is starting the next round. I find that I can go way heavier on the XTrain workouts.

Tami, Does someone remind Katy often that her class is not leaning toward the Insanity? Is it the gym manager? They should just describe her class as Insanity/Circuit style. :D That way she has both options. LOL about the people in CA being in those outfits in the 70's! I'm out in my shorts and t-shirt with the temps in the 50's. Guess it just depends on what your body gets used to. Oh yes I'm always leery of lifting that much weight for tri's. Cathe is my hero for lifting that much weight, I think she and Al are lifting the same weight!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I just picked up X-Factor : ST, when I searched for it, it brought me here, so those of you who do it, is it good? And results? I seen reviews comparing it to Insanity and P90X. I'm doing another round of 30DS & NMTZ, then I thought I would give it a go since I'm looking for things that might kick my butt. Lol.
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was short as I have had a guy here fixing my floor (warranty issue with a new house). But I did get the 73 minute premix of Party Rockin' Step 2 in before he came. That one is so much fun. It is a bit cloudy and cooler today so I may make my second workout a nice walk outside.

Tami, like Laurie, I am surprised anybody would complain about a circuit class over an 'Insanity' class. I guess I am just the kind of person who likes to be challenged any way I can so would embrace the challenge over the format. Now I understand being a bit upset if you show up for a spin class and it ends up being a weight lifting class......but that is completely different. Anyhow, glad you enjoyed it. Regarding the LIHI workouts, it seems strange she moves so quickly because throughout the workouts, she is constantly stressing the need to rest between sets. Then there is the time in bent over rows where she says something like she is going to slow down her reps......and then does them faster than the first set! I just think Cathe, naturally, likes to train with a faster rep pattern. Her older strength training workouts really illustrate that. So I kind of go at my own pace now that I know the workouts. Yes, winter in LA is funny......but not as bad as here!! People were so cold last year when it got down into the 60's (for one day), they were wearing coats inside! It was silly. But I do wonder if I won't be like that this year because the hint of a chill......and I am covered in goosebumps. So embarrassing. :)

Laurie, sounds like some good workouts. Seems like Rocket got up to some mischief though! I am sure your DD didn't really appreciate that too much. Glad you liked that Burn Sets premix as well.

nwoodrum, welcome!! I have not done that program, but it does have some great reviews on Amazon.com. If it is anything like P90X or Insanity, though, you are in for a challenge!! Would love to hear what you think of it when you give it a try.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was good last night, a similar format from last week but a good class. Not sure why, but I don't seem to burn as many calories as I used to during Spinning. Maybe my body is just used to it. ??? I went with Athletic Training this a.m. Tomorrow a.m. I am hoping to get in a short HiiT workout before leaving @ 7:00 for my bloodwork appt. I have my annual exam on Tuesday so she always does bloodwork prior to go over it. Of course I will feel like I am starving until I can eat breakfast. LOL What is it about when they say "you can't eat for 12 hrs" that makes you feel hungrier than if you simply didnt eat for that same amount of time.

Laurie: Way to go on the Peak workout! Those are always fun, forsure! She always brings the energy to the workout. Way to get in the Bi's/Tris workout as well. I guess the person that comes down on Katy a bit for not following the class description is the manager of group fitness. Part of the reasoning behind it too is that it is similar (or better in my opinion) to a class they charge money for. So a special sign up, only so many people can be in and it is a BootCamp/Circuit style class. If those people see our class and think, well I could do that for FREE, then attendance goes down. Sort of silly, just offer the best classes you can and if people show up either way, go for it.

Laurel: I love how you say a "short" workout just under 75 minutes! I know that is short for you. Way to get it done and I know you always enjoy that step workout. Again, one I have still never attempted . . . . :(
    I kind of explained the "scuttle" of what she deals with on her class and the description of it. The manager basically tells her that "newbies" expect the class that is written, but I don't know anyone that has come and either not liked it or it just wasn't for them. It's not that anyone has ever said, Pssst, this isn't what was written in the description?? LOL

Nwoodrum: Welcome! Thanks for stopping in. It has been a while, but I have done almost all of the X Factor workouts. . . . they are all very good and are similar to Insanity/P90X in some of the moves and format. I would say a little toned down from Insanity but definitely a good workout. I used these workouts as additional workouts to other programs/rotations I was doing but not by themselves as a program. I am sure you will have success with them. :)

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ~ I will check in tomorrow afternoon . . .

Tami

• twinjamom6
    Options
    Thanks for your responses, I look forward to checking it out, and I'll let you know what I think of it also- once I complete 30DS and NMTZ. I would definitely do something else with it since it is only a half hour long and I feel like I need an hour at least.
    Another question, should I follow the meal plan with it? It looks good, just a little higher in calories than I'm eating.
  • lvnascar
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

TGIF~ Last night I did Peak Fit Pure Strength 1, and it was perfect for time and energy level. This morning was XTrain Hardstrikes Premix 16, really feeling worked out this week. I'm going to continue with the Peak workouts for a little while, so after work will be the ab and stretch workout. Or I will do one of her Body Fit 360's that I have not tried yet. :o

Laurel, Great job getting in your workout before the repair person arrived! I'm sure that your body has adapted to the temps in FL already, and it would be a shock to your system to feel the temps that they are probably having in Colorado right now. ;)

Tami, Great workouts! I really love the metabolic workouts that Cathe has come up with recently, and I hope that she makes more and more of them. They are usually my favorite workouts. Interesting, I didn't realize that Katy's class was free with membership. Now I understand why they would talk to her. Glad that she offers it for as long as she gets away with it though. :D

Nwoodrumm, Hope you are still checking responses. I have done all the workouts, and the rotation calls for you to do each workout for a week, three non consecutive days. The first workout is the easiest, and then progresses as the weeks go along with workout 8 being the toughest. If I remember correctly the warm up is the same on each workout, but I could be getting that confused with Supreme 90 Day workouts. There is an ab, yoga/stretch, glutes & thighs and total body blast (tough workout). I really loved each workout, and the instructor is very good. I still do mix in these workouts every once in a while. As far as the eating plan, it has some really good recipes. Still make some of them now, but for me it was a bit expensive getting all those different foods. If I was single or just me and my DH it would be more doable. I think if you eat clean, you will see results. You might find this link helpful http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum/showthread.php?t=171046

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • twinjamom6
    Options
    Thanks for the response, I have a family I am feeding as well so I have to take that into consideration when I'm buying even though I do buy some things purely for myself. It just looks like a lot to buy for just me! I thumbed through the booklet though and they all look good, and several ingredients I would have on hand already. I normally cook something for the family and then I eat something different usually. As far as clean eating, I do try my best to eat as clean as I can and have really improved from my previous diet. Which consisted of a lot of soda and processed foods, not measuring portions and eating mindlessly. I'm down about 20 lbs! I still have a ways to go before goal but I set little goals for myself, like 5-10 lbs a time.
    The shred system is kinda similar xfactor, one week and then move to a different level, and I look forward to checking it out.
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Started today's workout with Flex Train which flew by today. So I followed it with X77, which also flew by! Strange. But I feel thoroughly worked out and ready for a day off tomorrow.

Tami, it could be your body is more efficient at spin than it once was and that is why you don't have the same calorie burn. I wouldn't worry too much about the calorie burn, though, if your heart rate is staying up. As you know, that is ultimately the real test on how hard you are working. Maybe Katy's class description should read something like '60 minutes of pure hard work' and leave it at that!! :D I guess I understand the manager's concern a bit if money is involved but, still.......seems a bit sad to me if people are getting a good workout.

Laurie, good workouts! Glad to hear you are feeling worked out this week too. I love that feeling. I was feeling a bit 'puffy' last week (I think I was eating too much salt or something), and some good, tough workouts and a little closer monitoring of my diet has knocked that feeling out. I don't like that puffy feeling at all. Sounds like a good plan with the Peak workouts.

nwoodrumm, I hope you enjoy the program. If you are comfortable with your current diet plan, I don't think you need to follow a workout program diet plan to the letter of the law if, as Laurie says, you are eating cleanly.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you're all doing well. We came back on Friday afternoon from NC. DH and I had a wonderful time. Our little cabin was just by a river and from our front deck we could see the river and nature. So cool. We hiked a lot. On Thursday we did our final hike at the NC Arboretum in Asheville. We started out with the intention of doing a moderate hike and didn't take a map because it was a simple loop. We were not counting on trails not being well marked and 3 hours and 20 minutes later we finally got back to the starting point and THEN we looked at a map just to discover that we had done all the trails there! We laughed so hard! Thank God it wasn't really hot or sunny. At some point in time we were on a difficult trail and started to see signs about black bears in the area. I can't tell you how scared I was. DH was calm and I am looking everywhere. All I could think of was that I would end up being bear food because we were going uphill and there was no way I could've ran up the hill! LOL

On Friday I did RWH Hiit Circuit Upper body. Saturday we got up early and went to help my BIL move to his new house. Then I came home and thought I needed an easy workout and went for KCM's 30MTF Cardio workout and chose the a premix of both. Well it wasn't easy given I was already tired. Today I was in seriously lazy mode. I think it's because the house was a little cool and my body couldn't get going. Fall is here! I did spinning today but not my usual spinning. This was still in I can't move mode.

Laurie, you've been doing awesome workouts! I am loving my Polar A300 fitness tracker and HRM. I wear the fitness tracker watch all day long. It counts my steps and it tells me about the quality of my sleep. How many hours were restless sleep and how many were good sleep. It has a little alarm that sort of vibrates and reminds me to move if I've been idle for too long. I can't remember what the interval for these alarms are though. When it's time to workout it lets you pick from a list of activity. Like today I picked cycling. When I do a workout DVD I choose group class. It tells me at the end of my workout how much of my time went toward fat burning and how much went toward fitness. I'm finding that these DVD's put me most of the time into fitness training mode meaning my heart rate is always on the higher end of my range. It just goes on and on. It also tells me how much activity I need to do to complete my activity for the day. It doesn't sync to MFP but it does have a pretty cool app called Polar Flow.

Laurel, as always doing those killer workouts! I thought of you while in NC. We had gone out to dinner and at this restaurant they bring you freshly baked biscuits with a side of blueberry compote. OMG that compote was amazing! You could see the little blueberries. They make it every day at this restaurant and they have jars for sale too. Then we went to BBQ place and one of their sauces was blueberry chipotle. It was good!

Tami, you've been on FI-YA with those high calorie burning workouts! WTG!!!! So exciting about your mom getting that place!

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout on Friday after work, on Saturday I did Peak Cardio Strength 1. I really love that workout. On Sunday I took a rest day. This morning was RWH Low Impact HiiT One, and will get in a Peak workout after work. We had a nice quiet weekend, and I got a lot of housework finished. We took DH's Convertible out for probably the last time this year, since it was such a nice evening.

Laurel, Great workouts! That X77 is still one that I have not attempted. Hope you enjoyed your rest day, I know that I sure did yesterday. I'm not a fan of that puffy feeling either! I think that Cathe and Michelle's rotations are some of my favorites, so I actually enjoy doing the workouts.

Thelma, Glad to hear that you had such a great time in NC, but that hike would have been a bit scary for me too. I'm not a fan of bears, since they can run fast and climb trees. ;) Maybe some day MFP will get the Polar items to sink with it's program. Your watch sounds really great, and it sounds like you are getting some great information.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a very quiet weekend here. Autumn hasn't shown up yet, and it felt exceptionally hot to both DH and I. We spent yesterday clearing out our storage unit that we opened when we moved into the new house. Time to get rid of things! I think doing that heavy lifting didn't help when it came to feeling the temperature.

Anyhow, Saturday was my day off from workouts, and my body really needed it. Yesterday I started with LIS Upper Body Trisets and followed it with Cardio Core Circuit. Today was LIS Lower Body Trisets followed by Kick, Punch and Crunch. <3

Thelma, welcome back! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time in NC. That is funny about the hike though!! Great job to both you and your DH and getting through it. I am not a big fan of bears either. But the blueberry sounds fantastic! You have my mouth watering. Sounds like you got some good workouts in. I understand the 'I can't move' feeling. I had that on Saturday. All I wanted to do all day was sit and watch movies on the Hallmark Channel. At least I got the house cleaned and groceries bought. And I did go for a walk. But that was it! Felt very lazy.

Laurie, glad you were able to get out for one last 'top down drive' this season. A friend of mine posted photos on Facebook on Saturday of the 3-4 inches of snow they had in Fairbanks, AK. I was eating breakfast on the porch when I saw those and kind of celebrated life in Florida for a minute or two. :) So hard to believe how quickly winter is coming back.

Tami, hope you had a good weekend.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Really nice weekend and lots of good workouts too!! So Friday I opted to not go to Spinning and I didn't get up early enough to do the workout I wanted .... So when I got home I did something that sounded good to me which ended up being Tabata Inferno (from the S90 program) followed by X10- Fat Burning Circuit, was a great combo and I felt like I worked! Saturday was Flex Train Followed by HiiT 30/30 and yesterday was TriSets Upper + Tabata Power. Today I had a dentist apt (just cleaning) at 7:00 a.m. so I will work out after work. One of my gym friends told me that Katy is subbing tonight for BootCamp so I may just go to that!
    Spent most of the weekend at home, which was fine and collected items that DH will need me to bring this weekend when I go fishing with him. I will leave Friday after work; or a little early from work. Thinking about bringing the "kids" with too. :):#

Laurel: YOWSA on the Friday workout of Flex Train AND X77. Holy buckets!!! I would have been feeling tired too. Way to WORK!! Fabulous combos yesterday and today as well. You are amazing. :) We are definitely into Autumn around here. It has been beautiful during the day and last night got done to like 38 degrees or colder! BRRRR. When I left for my dentist apt I started my car early so it was warm. Thanks for the info on my Spinning and calorie burn (or lack of) lol I think you are right, I work hard and I am going through the motions but my HR seems to stay pretty much the same throughout unless we all of a sudden stand and sprint or sprint on a hill or something as say a surge of movement. Body has just adapted to it. You're right, I shouldn't worry about the burn so much as just keeping my HR up. My combos I have put together lately are doing that forsure! ;)
    Speaking of "not worrying" about it . . . tomorrow is my annual Dr. apt and as every year I mention, how BADLY I hate the weigh in part. So fingers crossed I can relax about the number. A lady I know told me she has them cover the number because she worries about it too much. Good idea! :# might try it if I can see it; last year I couldn't see their number but then peaked when she wrote it down. Why?!? LOL

Laurie: Great job getting in the Peak 10 Strength workout + RWH this a.m. Sounds like you are still enjoying throwing in some "others" into the mix, like I did Friday and/or throughout rotations as well. Fun to mix it up.
    Your weekend sounds like it was really nice and you accomplished some things at home and nice family time. Those are always the best.

Thelma: Welcome Back from DC! Sounds like a really nice trip and a very interesting hike. YIKES! Sounds like you are getting right back into the workouts despite the feeling tired/lazy mode which is often normal after a trip and weather change. Way to get back in it and thank you for your encouragement with my workouts! I have had some back-to-back burner days. Feels great when I do that. Mowed the lawn yesterday in the afternoon sunshine and then baked DH some of his favorite cookies to bring for his Birthday this weekend. I only "sampled" one and put them in the freezer. LOL

Hope you ladies have a great day/evening ~ I will talk with you all tomorrow, Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I started week 7 of the 12 week rotation. Today's workout was LIS Total Body Trisets Upper Body Split. I loved that this workout was mostly allocated to fat burn by my fitness tracker. I love this feature! Another feature I like is the sleep pattern part. I am finding that I'm getting some good deep sleep even if I only slept 4 hours on a given night.

Laurie, good job on your workouts! Hopefully we'll have some indian summer so you guys can ride the convertible one more time this year!
    I am really loving my fitness tracker Laurie. If you decided to buy one I got the best price from Amazon.com. I read that Polar is working on the sync with MFP feature which will be great. I hope when it syncs it only cardio activity.
    Here is a little video Polar has in youtube https://youtu.be/SCOnxM0pNlA

I hear you about bears climbing trees and running fast. I felt my short legs couldn't go fast enough to get out of that area. Of course I want to live in a mountain area!

Laurel, that X77 workout sounds like a killer one! Great workouts! I like that LIS total body trisets workout.
    NC was awesome. I can't wait to go back. That hike was really funny but it was a good workout. I am pretty sure you would've loved that blueberry compote. We definitely got good workouts. Hiking up Pisgah mountain was a good 3 ml round trip hike and it was a difficult hike. The awesome part about that hike was that when we got to the top there were these seniors who were clearly in good shape and hike all the time. All those people with white hair. It was very inspiring! I found myself cheering people on who asked if they were close to the top as we were on the way down.
    I love your description for Katy's class! LOL

Tami, great workouts my friend! What HRM did you get? Does it tell you fat burning vs fitness? I agree with Laurel that your body has gotten used to the spinning routine and to hard work too. Don't worry about the calorie burn. The important part is that you are working out. I'm sure you'll do fine in your physical. Don't worry about your weight. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you can't go just by the number.
    You were so good about putting those cookies in the freezer! I could NEVER do that!

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I did Peak Cardio Interval Burn, and this morning (since you can't make High Reps shorter), I did KCM's 30MTF LIFT Olympic Lifting workout. I really get a good burn, and it is only 30 min. I'm going out with my girlfriends after work, so I don't know if I will be getting in a workout.

Laurel, Cleaning out a storage unit is a great accomplishment, sometimes you just don't want to deal with it. Nice combo of workouts you did, and love that you ended it with KPC. I think I would have been sitting there with a smile on my face with the nice FL weather, and thinking that they can keep that snow in AK! :D We are getting cooler weather after today, but I guess that is the way the seasons roll. Leaves are falling!

Tami, Great workouts, and I did see that you had done that Tabata workout from S90D. I love those Shock Cardio HiiT workouts! That is always a good one. I'm enjoying the Peak workouts right now, may change to something else, but keep with the Cathe rotation. It is working out pretty well so far.

Thelma, WTG on the workout! Thanks for all the information on the Polar unit, that is interesting that MFP will be syncing with Polar. I'm sure a lot of people will like that alot. My FitBit has been acting strange lately. My sisters was acting like mine, just before it stopped altogether. I'm hoping that isn't the case, but it would be unfortunate that this didn't last a year.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So I decided to add more upper body this week like I did last week because this week seems light in that area. I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps which I absolutely love. I followed it with STS Yoga Based Abs and my arms were shaking so badly during the side planks!! Guess I worked them hard. I took a bit of a break, then did RWH Plyo HiiT Two right into LIS Low Impact Challenge. These workouts caught me on a good day because neither is my favorite......but today I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Could have kept going at the end which always feels good.

Tami, sounds like a nice weekend. Hope your weather holds for the fishing trip next week. Great combo of workouts you did this weekend. Hope you didn't stress the weigh-in too much! It is funny you bring this up because DH and I had one of our discussions about 'ideal weight' last week. He thinks I am too light and he is too heavy. And I disagree with him on both. So we started doing google searches for the ideal weight of somebody our heights, ages, gender, etc. What we found is......we are both right....or wrong...depending on how you look at it. My 'ideal' weight according to combining various sites can vary up to 40lbs or so (which is a lot for somebody who is 5'2"). Even more for DH. I really believe that, within reason (say 40 lbs or so) the number on the scale is irrelevant when it comes to health and even to appearance. So don't sweat it, even if you see a change of a few pounds. It really means nothing as long as you are doing all the right things......and you are.

Thelma, we are in sync on the rotation now! That Upper Body Trisets is such a good one. Glad you enjoyed so much hiking when you were there in NC. We did a little this spring, but only at the lower elevations because the mountains still had some snow. Would love to get back to do some more. Such beautiful country up there.

Laurie, sounds like a good workout sub for High Reps. I watched a little of the Green Bay game last night and the temp before the game was 52! I said to DH that we haven't seen that temp since we left Colorado! It is so hard to believe how quickly it is changing elsewhere, and I can barely stand to sleep with a sheet on still because our lows are near 80. It really is this time of year, though, that I wonder if I can do Florida forever because I love autumn--and all the cozy feelings associated with it--so very much.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was of course tough stuff last night due to Katy leading it! She did a very typical BC style workout and we all had stations, no rotating. Lots of push ups, planks, side planks, cardio, squats, cardio, you get the picture. It was pretty full and all the classes will be because the Biggest Loser started again yesterday. Tonight I am opting to go home and do LIS Lower Body Trisets + Another lower body added on.

Laurel: Way to go again today! Nicely done . . . especially extra kudos for getting that LIS Low Impact Challenge workout!! LOL My favorite. :p That is interesting I brought that up just right after you have had that discussion. So the exciting news for me is that I am down 2 lbs!!! Of course this is probably water weight since it is so small amount but I will take it! It was the electronic style scale this year so she was visiting with me and just had me step on up, I didn't want to have notes written in my file with a new concern/aka: phobia of weighing myself so I just went with it. Made me smile inside though. :) I know it seems ridiculous, so thanks for listening and understanding. If I even mentioned it to my DH or any of my friends they would probably throw something at me.

Laurie: Great workouts last night and this a.m. Way to pick a good one in place of High Reps for time; have fun with your girlfriends tonight. Yes, that Tabata workout has always been one that is in the top of my mind when I want a shorter cardio that works the whole body. My girlfriend had her FitBit for less than a year and it just flat died on her. She upgraded to the one that monitors HR, sleep, etc. ITs a little thicker/bigger, don't remember what it's called. So far so good on it, but has only had it since July.

Thelma: Fabulous job on the upper body tri-sets workout. That is truly one of my favorite upper body workouts, time flies and it works you hard. Thank you SO much for the encouraging words as well on my ridiculous phobia! LOL Maybe now that I was happily surprised I could jump on there once and while instead of once a year at my appt. I tell myself that I do have a lot of muscle so not to worry so much about the number.
    I have a Polar HR monitor as well. Not as fancy as yours, thanks for that video, info. by the way. :smiley: It does keep track of fat burn % and calories burned, how long in each zone, but not my sleep. Funny how high of a fat burn % I have in weights vs cardio days. Makes me know that all the articles about that are true. Seems backwards, but it's true. I thought the freezer idea was a good one. Don't want to bring him a sandwich bag full by the time I get there!

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon/evening ~ Tami