Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout last night, got home to late. This morning was RWH Circuit Upper Body Premix #4. It has been fun doing these shorter premixes, I have probably done some workouts that I never would have tried before.

Laurel, You are one crazy lady doing those cardio blasts twice! LOL I know how much you enjoy those blasts. Oh no way will I ever do those genie hops! >:) That would be one portion of the workout that would not be in my compilation. A lot of Imax one would be in it for sure, just a lot of fun stuff in that one.

Tami, Love the pic of Bernie! He is a very handsome fellow. ;) Sounds like you missed a super tough class of RUNNING! :p Great job on the Leg Blast workout, it is fun to see all of you doing the same one, and of course doing it the way that fits you. Your Mom's attitude is what I'm hoping to have at her age. I look at my in-law's and wonder why they need to live like they do. My parents are the opposite. I was surprised that my Mom was home when I called on her Birthday on Monday, usually they are not home.

Thelma, Great job on your workout also! I have an Aunt that tags and checks on tagged bears during the winter. I think that I'm the only one in the family that has not held a live (sleepy) cub, I'm just to scared of them. She does give the Mom a tranc, but it is still way to much for me to handle. One of these days I will have to go before she stops being the one to handle the bears. I'm loving this rotation also.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Quick check-in for me today as I am getting ready to run out and get my hair prettied up. It needs it. But I got a good workout in this morning. I started with Supercuts. Love that workout. For cardio, I did X10 Ho/Lo into RWH Upper Body Circuit. So my whole body feels very nicely worked right now.

Tami, love the photo! What a cutie. Yikes on the Running Camp! I don't blame you if you skipped the class. I guess Katy is trying to get some last minute outdoor workouts before the weather turns. But.....yowza. Glad to hear things are going so smoothly for your mom right now. I am sure a smaller place will be an adjustment, but once she has all she needs in place, I bet she will enjoy the smaller space. Less to clean! And, as you said, no lawn work. I am looking forward to all of that someday as well.

Thelma, great workout. I am sure you didn't appreciate hearing about a bear nearby! Just make sure you don't have trash out and such that they can get in to. When we lived in Colorado, we had one get into our recycle bin because we had had a party at the house and had a lot of empty soda and beer bottles. The smell attracted the bear. Poor thing scared himself when he pulled the can over though!! I was laying in bed and all I hear is the recycle bin topple over.....on a still night. Hopefully you won't have anything happen.

Laurie, hope your day is going well.

Off to my appointment. See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, XT Bi's and Tri's today. Tonight was one of those JUST DO IT nights for me. I had to stay late at work and was very tired when I got home. I'm glad I pushed myself because I actually went a little heavier than I usually lift which felt.

Laurie, great workout! The premixes are really good and I'm so glad Cathe has them. I can't believe your aunt tags and checks bears! So cool! I think you have to hold a little cub. It is such a wonderful opportunity Laurie!

Laurel, another winning combo! I hope you had a good hair appointment! We will definitively be very careful with the bears.

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I did decide to go home and workout last night so I added on Cathe's 40/20 HiiT. Was great! Today was XT Bis/Tris and tonight I headed to Spinning. It was a packed full class and tough stuff; I increased my bike resistance quite a bit compared to my normal flat or base of a hill I was up higher . . . helped with the calorie burn a bit! Could have been her sequence tonight as well.

Thelma: Way to get in the workout! JUST DO IT and pushed play . . . way to go! Sounds like it paid off nicely for you on the heavier weights. What do you think is going to happen with that manager position? I meant to ask you that, do you think you will end up having to take it?! Thank you for the congrats on the fish, super exciting every time. You never know what's going to happen and DH is a great coach, let me tell you. I just listen to everything he tells me to do as I am reeling them in and I have luckily had them bite! Again, Im with a great guide <3 It was really fun to have the pups with me.

Laurel: Sounds like an amazing combo of workouts this a.m. I hope you enjoyed your hair appt! Yes, after hearing about last week's RUNNING camp I was super glad I missed it. I guess last night they did the heavy medicine ball/partner circuits. Which Im sure was great, but I was happy with my choice. My mom went and saw her condo today!! She absolutely loves it, she left me a msg and I have tried calling her back but no answer tonight. Maybe they are out celebrating! LOL She said it almost made her teary to have the confirmation that she loves it. I am happy for her and most importantly . . . she seems super happy.

Laurie: Great job getting in a pre-mix that worked for you! IT is always so awesome that Cathe offers that in most of her series/workouts anymore. You can fit something in no matter what! Thank you on Bernie - I think he is very handsome as well. Such a sweet boy. Can't believe he is 9 1/2 years old. He acts like a 2 year old still. He and I have bonded I think more than him and DH .... Which is fine with me. I love them both very much. I am with you on my mom's attitude, I hope to have her attitude as well at 74 years old. She's amazing.

Hope you all had a great day ~ I will talk to you all tomorrow
    Tami

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did UFC Fit Power Punch, very interesting workout. I enjoyed it, but have to say is was something that was different from other workouts I have done. It was one of those workouts that has you feeling muscles that you may not have worked in a while. This morning I did XTrain Hardstrikes Premix #16, had a lot of fun with that one also. I'm going to try to get in workouts that I have not tried yet, feel like I will collect dust forever if I don't at least try them once.

Laurel, I'm sure that your hair appointment was nice an relaxing. Great job on the workouts, I love your combinations.

Thelma, I love the just do it attitude you needed for the workout. Working late really does affect the desire to workout, you just have mental exhaustion from working all day. Once that workout gets going, you really feel great afterwards. Maybe this winter I will have the chance to get out there to see them. I'm sure that the girls would love it.

Tami, Love those HiiT workouts! Good job on increasing the tension, I'm sure that it was a combo of both to up the calorie burn. I hope that the premixes are good on the new workouts that she is filming. I'm sure that they will be. I love that Bernie still acts like a puppy even at his age. Since I have a puppy, it is sometimes exhausting to keep him occupied. I swear he chews on everything. I still have to get a good picture of the two of them.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Lean Legs and Abs with the Barre section. For cardio, I did Intensity Max Cardio, which felt great. The hair appointment went well yesterday, and I had her take even more hair off. I like this short hair I've got going on!!

Thelma, great job pushing play on that workout. Doesn't it feel good when you can increase your weight? I love that feeling. Congratulations on doing that!

Tami, sounds like a good home workout. But I am happy that Running Camp wasn't repeated so there is no reason to avoid the class altogether. Great idea to increase your resistance on the cycle. Glad that helped with the calorie burn. I am so happy to hear your mom likes her condo! I have moved into a few houses sight unseen and it is a bit scary until you actually see it. I am so happy this is going so well for her.

Laurie, sorry I missed your post yesterday! I guess I didn't notice there was a new page!! My bad. Anyhow, great workouts! That UFC workout sounds really interesting. Was it a cardio workout or more a punching endurance workout? Just curious. Always looking for good boxing/kickboxing workouts.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, it's a good thing the rotation called for spinning today because that is what I did. I left home at 6:30am for work and got home at 7pm. Long Day. Thanks for the kudos on the just do it attitude ladies. The other thing that is helping me is the new fitness tracker. It has this progress bar that displays as a clear rectangle and it gradually turns solid as you achieve the recommended activity period for the day. I live to see that bar turn a solid color at the end of the day! LOL

Tami, great workouts! What is this 40/20 HiiT workout? Is it part of the RWH series?
    Last night was really good for me with the little weight increase. I have to be so careful so I don't hurt my shoulders and I am doing that. You're so lucky your husband is such a good fishing coach! I don't know what is going to happen with the manager position Tami. I really don't want it. If I don't take it they have to post the job so others can apply. I think they have to post the job no matter what. If that is the case all I have to do is NOT apply for the job.
    Tami, I'm so happy your mom loves her new condo! She hadn't seen it in person right?

Laurie, great job with your workouts! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Working late really does affect the desire to workout and not only have I've been doing a little of that but I'm under a lot of stress trying to get two products out the door on time and I have to coach the people in my team leading those projects. It's been crazy. More reason to not take that management position.

Laurel, you came up with a wonderful combo today! Glad your hair appointment went well. I imagine once you've taken that huge step to cut your hair short, going shorter is easier right? It felt good to have been able to increase the weights.

Good night ladies! I have tomorrow off! Thank God!
    Have a great weekend!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work was Turbo Fire HiiT 25, have to say that one is fun. Since there is no way to shorten the RWH HiiT Circuit Lower Body, I'm going to do that one after work today. So my workout this morning was Jillian's Shred It with Weights Workout 2.

Laurel, Nice workouts! I love that you keep going shorter on the hair, I have done the same thing. I have an appointment next week, but I think it will just be a trim. The youngest is going to cut hers short, guess that had to happen at some point in her cosmetology career. :D The UFC was what I guess you consider metabolic. He did three exercises for 30 sec each, and then repeated. I liked that there where exercises that I have not done before, so that made it more interesting. I really liked that drop push up on the knees. I'm going to be going through the Tapout XT, UFC, Turbo Fire, Les Mills Combat, Jillian and maybe Rushfit. I should be able to rotate these workouts pretty well using the workout scheduler.

Thelma, That sounds like a great motivational tool! Love that you are using your new HRM to its full advantage. Great job on the spinning. I'm not Tami, but those HiiT workouts are from the Shock Cardio series. There are three workouts altogether 30/30, 40/20 and Double Wave Pyramid. Two use the step, DWP is the only one that doesn't. Hope all goes well for you tonight, and you get out of work at a reasonable time. It is Friday after all. :)

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout on the rotation for me was spinning, and since I don't have a bike, I just made up some workouts. I started with Supersets Upper Body Blast premix. I have no idea why I started doing this workout a few months ago after having owned this DVD for a decade.....but whatever the reason was, I am so glad I did. I truly think this premix is one of Cathe's tougher upper body workouts! Always leaves my arms shaking. It is almost an hour long, so it is time consuming. But so worth it. For cardio, I did Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs premix, which was fun today.

Thelma, sounds like a long day. Sounds like spinning was the right thing in the right day. Regarding my hair, I used to hate getting it trimmed because I always felt they took too much off. Now that it is short, I am saying 'take whatever you want' (within reason, of course. No razors! :p ). I am so glad I finally took the move to change it.

Laurie, I love those TF HiiT workouts. They fly by and there is no dread factor. Thanks for the info on the UFC workout. It sounds like something completely different. Sounds like a good blend of workouts you have planned. I may still try Body Beast after this rotation, but with Cathe cardio. I thought about doing it with Tapout, but I think it would leave me frustrated learning two new programs at once. I like my familiar workouts, that's for sure.

Tami, hope you are well.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited October 2015
    Options
    HI Ladies & Happy Friday - - - I actually have a 3-day weekend coming because we are closed on Monday. So strange but great for me! I have never worked somewhere that you sometimes have those smaller holiday's as a day off. Sorry I missed you all yesterday. So yesterday's workout(s) were AfterBurn in the a.m. because I had missed it last week; so kind of a makeup workout and then last night I got out one of the PiYo workouts "Sweat" and did that. Today is Supercuts and I will be heading home after work :) mainly because I simply forgot my gym bag. Left in a hurry.

Laurel: Great way to end the week and sounds like you would have been worked hard by the time you were done. Your hair sounds like it is absolutely darling for your little tiny self and I bet your hubby likes it as well. Super easy to do I can imagine?! Nice :)

Laurie: Way to continue to make the rotation work for your schedule! So nice to have some shorter options even if they aren't Cathe. Those TF workouts are great forsure. I previewed that new Michelle Dozois workout you were talking about the other day; it does look really fun and a great mix of things packed into it.

Thelma: The 40/20 HiiT workout is one of Cathe's. It is a sequence of 3 HiiT workouts on one DVD! They are super great and perfect for a 30-min workout; or as I have used them lately for an add-on as a little cardio. It's great to hear your new fitness tracker is helping you with motivation as well it sounds like! Nice job this week.
    Yes, my mom had not seen the condo at all. Only photos, so it was great that she loved it and loved the grounds, etc. What a relief. She is anxious to get into a routine again once she is moved in. Feeling a little disorganized right now; as you would when you don't have your home or belongings.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend ~ talk to you Monday!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a wonderful weekend and made plans for a long weekend get away to the Berkshires next month. I can't wait!
    On Friday I did Supercuts, on Saturday Lean Legs & Abs with Bonus Barre and today I walked on the treadmill and rode my spinning bike. I am finding that this new HRM is giving much lower calorie counts than my old one. I don't know if this HRM is not accurate. I wanted to be able to wear both straps at the same time but that can't be done. I'm just going to keep using my new one.

Laurie, great job getting your workouts in! This new HRM is really a great motivational tool. I make sure that I complete my daily activity even if I have to run up and down the hallway! LOL. Thanks for letting me know about the Shock Cardio series workouts!

Laurel, as always coming up with amazing combos! Wow that Supersets upper body premix sounds like a tough one! Great job!
    Funny how you used to hate having your hair trimmed and now you've gone short and shorter! My curly hair has been behaving quite nicely for me with the products I'm using so I've not been getting my hair trimmed because they'll trim too much! LOL
    My hair is longer than it's been in a long time

Tami, I hope you're having a wonderful long weekend. I took Friday off and DH gets tomorrow off. I prefer having Fridays off but when it's a freebie I'll take a Monday too! LOL Great workouts!!!! Good for you for making that workout up!
    I'll have to check out that 40/20 workout and that Shock Cardio series. I don't think I've ever taken a look at that workout on Cathe's website.
    My fitness tracker is really a great motivational tool. I love that it tells me how much I have left to do in order to complete my daily activity.
    What a relief is right when it comes to your mom liking her new condo! Can you imagine if she didn't like it? Hopefully she'll be very happy there and will meet a lot of new friends.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

DH and I went out for dinner on Friday, so I didn't get in a evening workout. Was super busy on Saturday, so I took it as a rest day. Sunday I did RWH HiiT Circuit Lower Body Premix #5. For some reason I had Afterburn on my mind this morning, so instead of looking at the rotation paper, I just plugged it in and did premix #1. I was suppose to do FlexTrain according to the rotation. Oh well! Had a tone of fun with the one that I did get done.

Laurel, Wow some really great workouts you got in on Friday! Sounds like a good option to insert Cathe for cardio during the Body Beast rotation. I have heard that the BB weight workouts really fatigue the muslces. Totally understand not putting in Tapout XT. It is hard to know what the workouts are really like until you do them. This way if the BB workouts are what people have claimed, you know what Cathe workouts will work good with them. I love the TF HiiT workouts for that same reason, they really do seem to fly by. I was surprised at how well I kept up with HiiT 25, I don't do it very often.

Tami, Nice that you have the day off! Great workouts! I'm going to be incorporating the PiYo workouts as my second of the day workouts. I may do some of them in the mornings, because they can be under 30 min. on certain workouts. I have such a hard time with rotations that are the same thing week after week. Thought mixing them all up would be the best way to enjoy them. I have not tried the Cardio Interval Burn Fat Blaster workout yet, but I do have cardio scheduled for tomorrow. I am probably going to try that one after work, since it is almost an hour. That one does have a 40 Min. premix in it also. Could just try that option too, will see how I feel when I get to that point in the day.

Thelma, Our weekend was beautiful, temps in the 70's. Don't usually have this type of weather in October, with not having a heavy frost yet. LOL about walking/running around the hallways just to get your activity level! I do the same thing, but take Rocket for a walk. :D Mostly I have been sending DH out to walk with him, he needs the exercise more than I do. It gives them guy time also. :o

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. Spent most of it working around the house, but two carloads of stuff found their way to Goodwill, so that is always a positive. I took Saturday off working out, as usual. I did get lots of steps in clearing things out, though, so not totally inactive. Yesterday I was back at it with LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps Extreme and Core 2, followed by Rhythmic Step (which was so much fun yesterday!). Today was LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps Extreme and Core 1, followed by Drill Max Ultra Cardio Blast.

Tami, hope you enjoy your day off. Great workouts, as always. The shorter hair is much easier! Mostly I just love not having hair on my neck anymore. The shorter hair is so much better with the heat, that's for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. Interesting that the new HRM is giving you lower calorie counts. Are the settings the same? I wonder if it uses different factors to calculate. But I am glad you find it motivational! And, like you and Laurie, I have been known to walk around in circles a bit to get my step count up too!! You are not alone, for sure.

Laurie, I think Afterburn is a perfect sub for Flex Train! I have done that before....just plugged in a workout only to realize I was meant to be doing something else. But I figure any workout is better than no workout! I started previewing the Body Beast workouts and I can see how they will lead to muscle fatigue. But I like what I see so far. They are very structured with slower lifting speeds and pretty standard moves. I am really glad I looked at them a bit because now I am anxious to get started with them! I don't know if I will get through 12 weeks of them, but I am hoping for at least six.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, RWH Chest, Triceps, Shoulders. I went a little heavier today again and I could feel my arms getting fatigued. I had a very long work day today and thank God for my HRM reminding me to move when I've been idle for 55 minutes. If it hadn't been for this little device I don't think I would've moved much at all at work. I worked 10 hours today and was a very stressful day. Tomorrow will be more of the same and I think the rest of the week is looking very stressful. Of course tomorrow I have to leave one hour early to go for a dental cleaning and on Wed I have to leave early too to for my 7 month foot surgery follow up. Last week when I left work on Thursday I was on one project and today I found I was on another project that has to be done tomorrow! Things didn't go well and the work I started today for project #2 has to be restarted tomorrow. Not fun! Can I retire now?
    Needless to say I didn't finish my daily activity even with my workout so there was a lot of running around the house. Thankfully DH had gone bowling with people from work so only the cats saw meowmmy running in place in front of the tv! LOL

Laurie, great workouts! I hope you had a good dinner with your hubby last night!
    We also had a great weekend although Friday we got pretty heavy rain in the afternoon and I had just walked into TJMaxx. Had to kill time in the store (so hard to do!!!) till the rain stopped. We were in the 70's today too. I'm glad I'm not the only one running around the house to get the daily activity in! LOL

Laurel, great workouts as usual! Giving away things you no longer need is always a good thing. We did a little of that two weeks ago and it's good to see that we made a nice dent in the attic.
    It really is strange that the HRM is giving me lower calorie counts. I have to research this because it could be an issue. It really is a motivational tool for me. The settings are definitely different in that this HRM asks for your level of typical daily activity. You select from mostly sitting, mostly standing or mostly moving. It's the typical daily activity you select what the daily activity goal is based on. I selected mostly sitting because that is what I do. Then on the training background you select from heavy (5-8 hours/week), pro (12+ h/week) occasional (0-1 h/week) and so on. I selected Heavy (5-8 h/week). The HRM had me do a fitness test at rest. While I was in bed at rest it measured my max, resting heart rate, aerobic and anaerobic threshold. So there is definitely a lot more information but I'm not sure if it's used to calculate cals.
    I don't feel so crazy anymore now that I know you and Laurie walk around your homes in circles just to make sure you achieve your daily activity goal!

Tami, I hope you had a great weekend!

Have a great night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did LIS TBT Upper Body Split, feeling a nice burn this morning. This morning I did Turbo Fire HiiT 15, that was short and sweet.

Laurel, Wow what great workouts you did! I love that all of us have been known to get our step count up by walking around the house. Since Afterburn is on the schedule for this week, I will have to remember FlexTrain as a replacement. Can't believe that I did that. I will be very interested to find out what you think of the BB workouts. They are such a reasonable price for a Beachbody product. :D

Thelma, Great job getting in your workout, even with the long days you are putting in. Sorry to hear that you have to start from the beginning on the second project, that can't be fun. The beautiful weather lasted but a few days, and we are back to fall. I like that option on your HRM! I have a desk job, so sitting is the majority of my day. I have to remember to get up every hour, or when I do move I'm getting stiff. Probably from the crazy HiiT workout I had done from the morning.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with LIHI Legs. <3 For cardio, I did the premix combining the cardio from
    Step, Jump and Pump and Step Blast into one long 90 minute workout. Good thing is it isn't too intense. But about the 60 minute mark, I always find myself staring at the clock! But I read a book a few years ago that suggested trying to get in one long steady state cardio every now and again for heart benefits. So when I think of that, I always choose this workout.

Thelma, sorry to hear about the long hours at work. Good job with the workout. That one definitely fries the muscles. It sounds like your new HRM may use more info to do its calculations which isn't a bad thing. But you might want to make sure all your setting are accuate. From what you posted here, it sounds right but worth a look still.

Laurie, great workouts. Love both of those. I previewed two more Body Beast workouts, and I am really anxious to see how they feel once I start them. I really liked the back section because it wasn't all pull ups like I thought it would be. There are pull ups, but not the endless amounts like P90X has. That's a huge plus for me. I will be starting them in three weeks when I finish this rotation and keep you posted. I got them cheap on Amazon.com last year for DH who hasn't glanced at them once. Sigh. But that's okay if I found myself some new strength training workouts!! :D

Tami, hope your day off went well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Tuesday! I enjoyed my 3-day weekend :smile: Saturday I ended up doing a thorough cleaning of the house, including the wood floors so that felt good. Also went out and shopped for my Fall smelling "plug-ins" so the house would smell good too! Always love doing that no matter what season it is. Saturday I ended up taking a rest day but between housework and running errands it felt like I was doing something all day long. Sunday I did RWH Chest/Shoulders/Tris + Abwork followed by Volleyball League! We just started up and it was a lot of fun. Normally on the first time out it is a lot of adjusting and timing issues, etc... but we played well together and won 4 out of 6 so it was a success! Yesterday I did Rockin Knockout Scrambled Pre-Mix #2 (felt like I just did that one) but it was fun as always and then I headed outside to get the lawn mowed and picked up (dog messes) while the sunshine was out. Always feels good to get that done and I missed the mowing last weekend after my in-laws had left. Today I am headed to Katy's Insane X class; will do RWH Legs in the a.m.

Laurel: Amazing workouts as always! Sounds like you definitely got in a long one today. The Body Beast series sounds like it will be REALLY good! Keep us posted of course when you get there. I am wanting to move into something more "weights" focused for my next rotation, was starting to think about what should be next yesterday. We must be on the same mind set after this rotation, wanting a little more lifting. :wink: It will be right around the corner. Cannot believe it. Sounds like your weekend was very productive, always feels so good to clean out things. Like I did with my kitchen a few weeks ago. Still haven't tackled the closet; may not happen before DH gets home. We will see. I have a couple more weekends.

Laurie: Busy weekend it sounds like but good one! :smile: Great job with the workouts; I know how that goes when you grab a workout thinking that's the one for the day and it isn't. Awesome workout with AfterBurn though; just did that one recently as my "missed" one from week before. Good stuff! So what rotation will you be doing after you complete this one? I know you are the Queen of Planning those so just checking.

Thelma: Sounds like you have a very busy and hectic week this week. YIKES. Hang in there and great job getting in your workout(s), as always! Yes, on my mom's condo it was a HUGE relief to myself and even more, my sister since she did the purchase and everything while my mom still hadn't seen it. Things are selling so fast there in that price range she kind of had too. But, she did the walk through on Friday and fell in love all over again, so it is assured she likes it. They close this Friday!!! She is very excited.

Hope you ladies enjoy the rest of your day/evening ~ Until tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did Rockout Knockout Scrambled Premix #2. I hadn't done this one before even though the rotation called for it but it was too long. OMG my pecs are feeling yesterday's workout and OMG they hurt when I started tonight's workout. Raising my arms and even jumping caused me to feel the DOMS. Good feeling!
    This workout put me at 197% of my required daily activity! I was not going let my HRM today remind me to move as much as it did yesterday. NO WAY! I think I was only reminded once today because what I was doing involved a lot waiting for the instrument to process things so it was like watching paint dry. I kept moving in place and I don't care if the 3 guys I was in there with thought I was crazy. They know about my HRM and I keep reminding them to move! LOL
    I started to feel sick today like if I'm going to start coughing and head congestion. I still decided to workout because it's not like I was on my death bed. Not even close! My body felt good even if from the neck up not so much if that makes any sense. So I did the workout. Do you ladies know if those wraps they wear are weighted? Doesn't look that way. I didn't use the gloves until Cathe called for them. I actually think I feel better after the workout. For some reason I felt like I had to workout this illness out of my body.
    I'm going for my 7 month post surgery follow up. I'm so scared that about the x-rays showing that my bone moved again.

Laurie, great workouts! I'm sure that 15 minute workout was a tough one! It really is great all of us walk around the house to get our step count in. Too funny! Things kept going wrong at work this morning but I was finally able to get started at about 10am. I got to work at 6:30 today too. We got really heavy rains this morning. This HRM is really a great motivational tool. Now I'm like I'm not going to let this HRM remind me to move! I'm sure the HiiT workout made you feel stiff. I feel that my knees have been acting up. I've been standing a lot and I think this rotation does a lot of leg work, plus I'm doing a lot of side to side movements at work just to move around while I wait for things. I've been doing little front kicks too.

Laurel, WOW that cardio workout sounds like a killer one! Awesome job! It really is good to do those steady state cardio for the heart.
    That Chest, shoulders, tricep workout really fried my muscles. I love that I am able to do more now. I am always very careful so I don't hurt myself again. It really sounds like the HRM is using a lot more info to calc. calories burned. I have checked my settings many times. I am starting to think what about if this new HRM is more accurate than the one I had? I think this is the case because the other HRM I had was an oldie.

Tami, so glad you had a great weekend! You did a lot! Congrats on your VB team winning 4 out of 6 games! Great workouts! I used to get those plugins but since Bella developed asthma I had to stop using scented products. It felt like you'd just done that Rocking Knockout scrambled #2 because you had! So happy for your mom! It's so important that she likes her new place given that this is the beginning of her brand new life.
    Work is going to be crazy this week for sure. Thanks for the kudos on my workouts!

Have a great night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Fat Blaster Premix, this one has a bit more of a learning curve than the strength one. It was fun, and really got a good workout in, even though I had to just jump around at some point to figure out what she was doing. :D Tonight I have a hair appt, so no evening workout. This morning I did LIS TBT Lower Body Split, another good one to start my day.

Laurel, I really like that leg workout also, and dang you really did a long steady state workout! Nice that you enjoy that one. I also am not a big pull-up fan, and even dread them in Meso 1. Just glad that Cathe doesn't do them as much as Tony does in his workouts. One of the things that appeals to me about the BB workouts is the length of them. If they are similar to things that Cathe has already produced, then I'm not sure that I would be interested.

Tami, Glad that you had a nice three day weekend, and your cleaning day sure sounds productive. When you get to clean like that it just makes going to bed in the evenings nice, because you feel like your house has been refreshed. Kind of like clean sheets on the bed, still don't understand why that feeling is so comforting. I think that the Rockout Knockout workout is in there twice, at least that is what I remember seeing. Very nice on the workouts, and of course volleyball starting off so well. You have me pegged correctly, I do have something in mind for my next rotation :p . Like you I am in the mood for lifting, so was thinking of doing STS! :o I'm going to continue with my morning workouts with doing the abs, and doing my cardio/yoga like P90X. On the rest weeks I will incorporate the metabolic workouts. In the Meso 3 round, I'm thinking that I will have to change up the plyo day, since I will be doing the plyo leg workouts. So the rotation should hopefully look like this:

Weight lifting weeks:
    abs/weights
    Plyo/Hiit
    abs/weights
    yoga
    abs/weights
    kickboxing
    rest/stretch

Rest Weeks:
    Yoga
    Metabolic
    Kickboxing
    Stretch
    Metabolic
    Yoga
    Rest

Thelma, Great job on the workout! There are a lot of people here at work with that crud, and my youngest dd has it also. I'm hoping that it will bypass me. I'm loaded with 409 here at work, and have gone so far as to wipe the door handle down with it. Had one guy sneeze in his hand, and then walked out the door! :# I love that you are getting the people you work with to get up an move around also! That is a long day at work! Hope it starts getting better and better.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was nice because there was no dread factor! I did two of my favorites. I started with Flex Train and then Rockout Knockout Scrambled 2. Good stuff!

Tami, sounds like a very productive weekend! I can't believe volleyball has started already. Where is time going these days? I am happy it was a good start for you all. That should make this season extra fun. Sounds like we are on the same wavelength for wanting some heavy lifting next. I have loved this rotation and will do it again. But changing the kinds of strength training (from endurance to circuit to total body to heavy to......) every week has me wanting something more structured next. If I didn't have this Body Beast series, I would probably be with Laurie on doing something with STS. I am looking forward to trying this new series, though. So far from what I have seen, it is very basic lifting, and that appeals to me right now.

Thelma, yowza on the DOMS! But I love that you enjoyed the feeling!! Hope your appointment goes well. You have been killing with the workouts so I hope there is nothing but good news. Sorry to hear about the stuffy head. I have been suffering the same the past three days but chalked it up to allergies. Poor DH is getting frustrated because I can't hear a thing my ears are so stuffy! Today seems a little better, though. But since the rest of me feels good, I still think it is allergies. I hope!

Laurie, good workouts! Hope your hair appointment goes well. Like I said to Tami, if I didn't have Body Beast I would be with you on another STS rotation. Looks like you have a great plan in place. The Body Beast workouts look similar to
    Cathe, but also different. There are a few new exercises, which is good. And a few he does differently. But the premise of the first section (Build) seems to be drop sets and supersets/trisets. For instance, on the chest work, he started with chest presses, doing 15, 12, 8 and 8 reps. Then he does a superset of incline flies and presses with the same rep pattern. Then he does a triset incorporating triceps and chest work (since triceps are worked next). So the structure is different to anything I have from Cathe, and I am curious how that makes me feel/what the results are. I like the look of these because he also seems to give more time between exercises than Cathe does doing drop sets. In other words, it isn't like they are running around getting weights which I have been known to do with Cathe's drop sets. But I will let you all know more about it when I actually do the workout because there is the concern they may feel too slow, of course.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel