Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Havent been on this thread in a long time and havent done a Cathe in a long time but did IMAX2 yesterday and boy did I miss that combo and challenge. lol
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I woke up with a really tight lower back. I had a really uncomfortable day as a result and didn't feel like working out but I knew I had to. So I chose KCM 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix and Cathe's Yoga Relax. My back feels better. I spent a good amount of time stretching too. My shoulder is behaving but I can tell my left side is still feeling a little tight. I'm taking tomorrow off and it's going to be a busy day. I have to take Bella to her yearly ophthalmology appointment. Then I'm going to get a hair cut and will be trying a new hair stylist so I'm a little scared.

Laurel, sorry about your knee! Good strategy to forgo cardio for a few days to allow the knee to recover. I'm wondering if your your IT band is tight. Try massaging your thighs. I'm so glad you're enjoying your Body Beast program so much!
    I hadn't done Slide and Glide in a very long time and I'd forgotten what a nice workout it is. Thanks for the birthday wishes for my DH!

Tami, sound like a great spin class! Great workouts! I hope you an your husband have a great time at the fundraiser. I remember you went last year.
    I finally learned my lesson about my shoulder problems and simply have to let the tightness relax. 70's is crazy for sure. I was wearing flip flops today! It was already cold here but we must be in an Indian summer pattern. Thanks for the birthday wishes for my DH! He didn't want to go out to celebrate so I got him some of his favorite Tiramisu from our local Whole Foods. I got him a card from the cats that had a button that says: "I'm the boss". The cats told him he could wear the button for today but he had to return it to mom the following day! LOL

Lingo10 I'm glad you enjoyed your IMAX2 workout!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I think this is the first time that I have been on social media all week. Other than getting on my phone early in the morning to post my morning workout, that has been it. In the morning I tried out Jillian's Killer Body workouts, so I have now done all three of them. Lower, Upper and Core. Really didn't enjoy the core workout all that much, she was trying to hard to do crazy alternatives to some exercises. Don't know how often I will be pulling that DVD out. I also did 30MTF Cardio Pump workouts, just did the Pump workout this morning. I really liked this one. She does 3 exercises for 1 min. each, in pyramid fashion. Starting with the heavy, and ending with the light. I went as heavy as possible, and really got a good burn. I have been doing the Cathe workout in the evening, so I'm on a roll. Suppose to be a leg workout that I don't have, so was thinking of one of Jillian's lower body ones. I do like her Killer Buns & Thighs. Next week I'm finally finished with the rotation, will see how I feel about doing High Reps and STS TB!

Laurel, I'm really loving your descriptions of Body Beast, and I'm thinking that it will be added to my DVD collection at some point. Hope that your knee starts feeling better after taking some time away from cardio. I'm really sorry to hear that you mother isn't doing so well, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

Tami, Great job on your workouts and starting STS! Oh you had to remind me that there are tons of push-ups in that first STS! We had some really warm temps this week, it was in the 70's. Early this morning those temps dropped into the 30's after the rains went through. I will be waiting for people to do some reviews on the Hammer & Chisel, if they are positive then I will have that same choice to make. Have a great time this weekend, sounds like it will be fun.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you are feeling some tightens. Have fun getting your new hair style. Like my youngest now says, hair grows fast if you don't like the style. I'm sure that it will be fun to have something new. Enjoy your day off even, even though it will be a busy one. Happy Birthday to your DH! I love what you did for him, oh and of course the cats contribution. LOL about being the boss for only one day! Lean events are just a dog and pony show, and to say that they have had these events every quarter for the last 3-4 years.

lingo10, Glad that you had a good time with the Imax2 workout!

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,792 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My knee seems to be fine, but I still took it a bit easy on it today. I started with Body Beast Build Legs and took the weights down a bit from the first time I did it. And it was still a killer workout! So good. And no knee issues, so I opted to do
    Cathe's Cardio Supersets from the LIS series. It felt good. So definitely on the mend from whatever it is that had my knee swollen.

Tami, hope you enjoy the weekend! I like 'fancy' events every now and again. Sounds like a great spin class as well. Glad to hear my sisters and I aren't alone in the need for wine during trying times. :) Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Thelma, sorry to hear about the sore back. Sounds like you made a good choice of workouts for helping it. I actually think my knee issues may stem from that ankle/calf injury I had last spring. My lower leg felt very similar to how it did then, but last spring I was more concerned about the ankle and didn't pay attention to the knee. It could be that I might have tweaked something that wasn't quite healed? I don't know, but I will keep monitoring it to see if it really is the knee or something else. Hope you enjoy the new hair style! Are you going shorter?

Laurie, good to see you! Sounds like a not-very-fun week you have had. But you have done some good workouts. I am definitely enjoying Body Beast and will be very curious about the Hammer and Chisel series. Again, Sagi isn't inventing anything new in these workouts, but they really seem effective. My muscles are really responding to them right now. Thank you for your thoughts on my mom.

lingo10, good to see you! I did IMAX2 earlier this week as well and absolutely loved it. Glad you enjoyed revisiting it again.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my lower back better on Friday so stretching it worked wonders. My upper back on the other had took a major setback. On Thursday night when I went to bed I could feel my left shoulder blade tighten up so on Friday my upper back was a mess. Felt better on Sunday during the day but at night things started to get tight again.
    I'm not a happy camper at all. I wish I had never done that RWH Plyo workout! I wish I could set time back.

Friday I did Tabatacise. Saturday I woke up with my back feeling pretty bad as if on major muscle spasm and knew I had to move. I did with Kick, Punch and Crunch. Today I went with my usual spinning. My back felt better today during the day but not so hot now that it's night time. I'll keep taking Aleve. I don't think I'm going to start the STS rotation I had chosen. I think I'm going to repeat the rotation I just finished.
    I made this Skinny Taste recipe today and it is very tasty.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/04/easy-crock-pot-chicken-and-black-bean.html

Laurie, welcome back! Did you got through social medial withdrawals? Great workouts!
    The new hair salon was a very good experience. I liked the stylist. She recommended that I let my hair grow and she did a lot of layering to give the curls a lift since which I liked. The card I got my husband from the cats was perfect. LOL
    I heard people at work talking about being "lean" the other day. You know what's coming right? Some kind of lean training at work is probably in my future!

Laurel, I'm glad your knee is better and that you were able to do another killer leg workout! Good job! Do you think your ankle needs some strengthening exercises?
    I thought I was going for a shorter haircut but I ended up with layers and a recommendation to let it grow. The stylist loved my curly hair and thought that it was best to "showcase" them.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Saturday I took as a rest day, just was way to busy. We had our last puppy training course on Saturday, and Rocket passed with flying colors. At home I always think that he isn't learning, but he gets to class and shows off. :D This week is my last on the rotation, so yesterday I was in the mood for some yoga. I pulled out Yoga Warrior 365 The Gathering. Have not tried this set yet, and will probably go through them with my STS rotation next week. Then later in the afternoon I did High Reps, and it wasn't as bad as I remember. Everything went to exhaustion, so must have picked the right weight for each muscle. This morning I did Turbo Fire 30, just love that workout.

Laurel, Glad to hear that your knee is doing better, and that you took the Leg workout down a bit. It just might have been an arthritic flare up. I have those in the winter, but can happen when I torque my knee a certain way. I get a little fluid in the knee. I'm anxious to hear what the H&C workouts will be like. I had heard that Sagi was doing the bulk, and Autumn was doing the cut. Might be an interesting combo. Nice that your muscles are responding to the workouts, it probably is just enough variation that it is giving your muscles confusion.

Thelma, So glad to hear that your back is feeling better after you stretched it out. Sounds like a solid plan for your rotation, the heavy lifting probably wouldn't be good for you right now. LOL, I really didn't miss the social media all that much. It was kind of nice to take a step back for a little while. Glad to hear that you found a good hair stylist, sounds like she is listening to what you want and making it look great. Lean can be great tool in certain areas, and incorporate it with 6 Sigma. In my area, they created these expectations that are not necessary. All the ergonomics are not needed in an area that you don't pull parts from on a consistent basis. I hope that when you have a lean project, that it is something useful. Then they are good lean events to be in.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Had a nice weekend here despite the heat. Everybody is complaining about it. DH and his students were in a Veteran's Day parade on Saturday and a few of his students went down with the heat. That shouldn't happen in November. But what are you going to do about it, right? Anyhow, Saturday was my day off from working out. I did do lots and lots of housework, though.

Yesterday I was back at it. I did Body Beast Build Shoulders. My knee/leg felt good, so for cardio I did TF55EZ. Then, for abs, I did STS Med Ball Abs and had DH join me on the partner part. This is the first time I have done the partner part, and it was good. DH and I did have a little miscommunication at one point leading to the med ball flying across the room with no one to catch it. But after we stopped laughing, we were able to finish the workout. :D Today's workout was Body Beast Build Back and Biceps. I took the weight up for biceps and oh my. :o I am loving these workouts, though. For cardio, I did RWH LI HiiT One and Two premix. My leg feels fine, but I am going to try to moderate the impact for a little while......just to be safe.

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about your back. Sounds like you got some good workouts in but also sounds like you've been pretty uncomfortable. I think you have a great plan for your workouts right now. Also sounds like a great hair appointment! I love working with a stylist who knows how to handle curl, and it sounds like you found one. Glad you are enjoying the new look.

Laurie, yay for Rocket passing his class! Maybe he will eventually apply what he has learned at home. Sounds like some good workouts Sunday. Glad you enjoyed your revisit to High Reps. I kind of had the same reaction after I had a long break from it. Now I really enjoy it. Interesting you mention arthritis and my knee, because that crossed my mind. I don't think of myself as having arthritis, but if I ever imagined how it would feel, the way my knee felt those two evenings would be it. Do you do anything for yours when it gets fluid on it.,...because, again, I was thinking that might be the issue. Any pointers are much appreciated.

Tami, hope you enjoyed your weekend in Spokane!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday! The weekend was good and Friday evening was a lot of fun. It was probably double the size of last year and a lot of fun. We ended up waking up early and heading home by around 8:00 a.m. ..... which then made DH say, "maybe next year we won't stay over" LOL Eventhough the beds are amazing at this hotel, its just not the same as being "home". Since Spokane is only about 30 miles from home, its seems a little more practical; we will see. :blush: Food was good at the event and fun to see all the dressy, dressy people. I felt almost under-dressed with my cocktail type dress, but I was perfectly happy and comfortable!

When we got home I plugged in a KCM workout; Plateau Buster which is always a fun one, yesterday was STS Chest/Shoulders/Tris Disc #13 (Meso 2), then headed off to Volleyball league; we only had 3 of us yesterday so it was a much tougher workout! This a.m. was STS #14 Legs, and a great workout; I added on abwork at the end since I had time. Tonight I may head home for a workout instead of BootCamp; DH is watching football with some friends! So I will have that option. I heard last week's BootCamp class was not very good at all; Jessica was back and just didn't "bring it" so an at home workout tonight would be awesome.

Laurel: So happy to hear about your knee feeling better; hopefully it is just something very common and simple that can just happen once in a great while vs. often. An arthritis flare up or something that just requires a little rest is much easier to deal with forsure :smile: Thumbs up on the workouts and again, awesome to hear how much you are enjoying the BB workouts and that you are feeling them to be effective, always a huge PLUS!!!!!

Laurie: Great job with the workouts and congrats on heading into your final week of the rotation! Awesome job sticking with it and making it your own as well. :wink: Between what I have read from Laurel on BB and what I have read about H&C I am really looking forward to this program! "Christmas List" forsure it sounds like :smile:

Thelma: Way to go on the workouts and pushing through . . . listening to your body as well!! STS is probably not the program you want to start into right now if you think your body is not up to it. As Laurie and Laurel both said, good plan to do what you know you can do right now and with lighter weights you can modify as well if need be.
    Very fun on the hair-do and having a hair dresser you like. Love the new picture by the way! :wink:

Hope you ladies enjoy the rest of your day and evening ~ talk to you all tomorrow!!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I decided to restart the anti-gravity rotation. I'm starting to feel that STS is bad luck for me as I get hurt every time I'm going to do it. Anyway, I had a good back day today so I decided to do the first workout in the rotation which is RWH Hiit Circuit Upper Body with bonus abs. I did it with 3 lb weights for most of the workout to play it safe. I could hear my vertebrae popping left and right which was kind of freaky. I imagine the popping I heard was that things back there are tight. I applied heat after my workout and so far so good. I did something to my left knee when I got in my car after work tonight. It felt like the knee went to the left and my foot went to the right. THAT was scary! I feel better now.

Laurie, congrats to Rocket for graduating from puppy training! So cute! Great workouts this weekend! I'm glad you made it through High Reps!! You just have to leave the workout for a night when you have plenty of time to do it all.
    Thankfully I've learned to deal with this shoulder issue. I just know it needs rest. I could deal with not having social media access as I don't really do it that much. What I need when I travel is internet access so I can check my cats via my kitty cams. What a relief to have found a good hair stylist! Speaking of social media! My town has all these groups on Facebook and that is how I get town news! I asked the people in town to recommend a hair stylist who could cut curly hair. I got a lot of recommendations but I thought it was interesting that most of the women who replied didn't have curly hair. I finally got a reply from a woman who clearly had curly hair and I went with her stylist! LOL
    I hope we don't have to do that Lean training Laurie. We already do enough useless stuff at work like last week's offsite!

Laurel, do you keep the AC blasting at home? My house would be freezing if I lived there! LOL. Glad your knee is better. OMG that is so funny about the ball flying across the room with no one at the other end waiting to catch it! The partner ab workout looks like a lot of fun. Great workouts! I love that you're enjoying your Body Beast workouts so much! Awesome!!!
    I have to tell you this back thing has been a terrible inconvenience. It was so weird that after things felt like they had calmed down; all of a sudden they tightened back up. So frustrating. That Plyo workout deserves a NEVER again sticky! I am so happy to have found this new hair stylist because she is good and the salon is 10 minutes from my house.

Tami, so glad you had a great weekend! Maybe it's better to stay at the hotel in case you're feeling too tired to drive home. Great workouts! How did you ladies do in the VB league given you were shorthanded?
    One of these days I'll be able to get into STS. So far no luck getting there. Thanks on the picture. Every once in a while when I get a new hair cut I take a selfie. Weird that it doesn't show up on my web browser. I do see the pic on my phone app though.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was Body Beast Build Chest and Tri's. I played around with the weights on the chest part which meant my arms were fried by the time we got to triceps. But it was good. For cardio, I did KPC, which is always good. The knee is still feeling good, but I am shying away from step workouts for a little while still. Many of those seem to have so much torque on the knee, and I am not ready for that, at least mentally.

Tami, glad the event was nice. LOL about going home early though! But I understand exactly what you are saying about just wanting to be home when you are so close. Great workouts, as always! I hope you were able to get a workout in at home last night. That BC class......must be so disappointing for it to be so inconsistent. Your volleyball sounds hard but fun! Why so few people?

Thelma, hope your back continues to improve. All of that popping can mean it is loosening up, but I know I don't like to hear popping in my back like that! I forgot to thank you yesterday for the suggestion about strengthening my ankle. That suggestion is one of the reasons I did KPC with morning. There are so many moves that thrust all of the body weight on to one leg in that workout that I thought it would be a good one to see if I felt any weakness in that leg ankle/leg. Last spring, after I hurt myself, I could definitely feel a difference in some of those moves. But it felt good today. I am thinking it could be arthritis or maybe even shin splints of some sort. So I will keep monitoring it, icing it, and see what happens. Anyhow, thank you because that was a good thing for me to check. Muscle imbalances can cause so many problems, which I know all too well unfortunately. I keep the house about 75 or 76 degrees, so the AC isn't on ALL the time. But it goes much lower than that at night so I can sleep! Thankfully our new home is pretty efficient so our electric bills are pretty reasonable. Of course, when my in-laws come over, they freeze because they keep their house at 79--day and night!! One of the reasons I am happy to have Thanksgiving here because that is too hot for me.

Laurie, hope you are well.

Off to my hair appointment!!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work was RWH Low Impact HiiT One Premix #2, which is both workouts. Glad that I made it through that one, really tired at the end of it though. This morning was Les Mills Combat Warrior Lower Body.

Laurel, Dang on the heat wave you are having, the should be up here where it was in the high 20's this morning. :D Then they would really be complaining. I didn't realize that we would be doing the same workout yesterday, it sure is nice to have someone else having as much fun as myself. Sounds like a solid plan on keeping the impact lower, I'm sure that you have plenty of workouts to choose from with all of Cathe's low impact options. With my knee issue I usually take my anti inflammatory's, and then taking it easy on the cardio. Probably what you are doing, and it sounds like it is working. In the winter, it can be a longer recovery for me.

Tami, Glad that you had a good time at the party. We have done the staying in our own bed after a party like that. We will be having something like that this Sunday, going to a Downton party. I'm still a little unsure as to how I'm required to dress. The writer of the series is going to be there. Great job on the workouts! To bad on the Bootcamp class, hope that Jessica gets her mojo back soon. I have so many things on my "Christmas list" that I'm sure my DH will be saying that I only get one workout item this year. :D

Thelma, I think the anti gravity rotation is a good option, I thought it was fun. Nice workout, and keeping those weights in your comfort zone. LOL about STS being bad luck. That would be an unfortunate thing. Hopefully you will be able to try out the workouts one of these days. That is a great way to find a stylist. I don't have curly hair, but I do have a good wave. My DH has to have a stylist that can cut curly hair. One time he came home from a cheap haircut place, and I told him to never never go there again.

Have a great day!
    Laurie

• 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I was able to go home last night and get in a HiiT workout; I did Cathe's Pyramid HiiT and it was perfect. Today's workout is Insane-X after work with Katy :smile: It will be interesting to see what she does tonight; I found out last week at Spinning that a "newer" guy who has been coming to Insane X completely got all over her for being so "hard" on everyone and that it isn't the military; was a jerk about it though. YIKES. So we will see if he is back tonight. I am OFF work tomorrow, which again is a FIRST in my lifetime to be off on Veteran's Day. Planning on an extra workout (Insanity Max 30) in the a.m. with my STS and then maybe some time with a girlfriend and some things around the house. We will see :smile:

Laurel: Sounds like another muscle fatigue workout forsure! Way to go and probably a good decision on the "non-step" if you are feeling apprehensive about it right now. I know how that goes and the feeling of not wanting to even investigate it for now. :wink: You are spot on about the disappointment on that BC class :neutral: If there is no other option on Monday evening and I can't workout at home I will go but it's just the same each week unless someone subs in or if she has taken us "running" outside. LOL On our volleyball team, we usually just play 4-on-4 which is definitely tougher but all the ladies on our roster are coaches for the young teens and their season is going on right now. So the other day it just worked out that two of the ladies could play and myself. 4's are tough enough but 3's make it almost impossible to get to a ball at times. LOL

Thelma: Sorry to hear STS is bad luck for you; one day when you do get to try it I know you will love it. I remember the last time you were starting it you had your injury as well so I know what you are saying. Sounds like you have made a good decision for yourself though with the Anti gravity workouts. Yes, DH suggested staying and has in the past due to driving late at night/if we have had a couple glasses of wine, etc.. plus to just make it a fun night out. So I always think we will sleep in and grab some breakfast, then head home to play up the whole plan; he is usually the one that just wants to head home immediately. LOL I'm good either way but might softly suggest "are you sure" you want to stay overnight next time. I can always be the DD, i'm not a big drinker. Eventhough we were short handed we won 4 out of 6 games. So that was pretty good I thought!

Laurie: Awesome work getting through the combo pre-mix! I love that one, it goes by very fast I think but you do feel worked out at the end. :smile: When I tell DH I have some workout program(s) on my "wish list" for Christmas he will laugh and say ..... "shocking" he doesn't question me though, you should see his shop and fishing tackle, gear, accessories, etc. It seriously looks like a store! LOL He understands completely when it is what you love.
    Always something to improve on or try.

Enjoy your evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Great Glutes tonight. My upper back has felt pretty normal today but not my lower back. It's tight. So I was worried when I saw that Great Glutes was the workout for today. I tried to switch around but legs seems to be the main body part this week so I went for it. We're finally getting some rain tonight and it sounds like all day tomorrow.
    Question for all of you. What kind of cabinet do you have to store your workout DVD's in? I would love some kind of cabinet because I just stack them up next to the DVD player.

Laurel, sounds like a killer Body Beat workout! Great strategy to go easy on the cardio to make sure the knee recovers completely.
    I think you're right that the popping meant things were loosening up because things have loosened up! I'm glad you chose a workout that will test leg/ankle stability strength. I totally agree on the muscle imbalances causing lots of problems. I always have problems with my IT bands and quads.
    You would not survive in my house! You would freeze! LOL. Out thermostat is programmed to stay at 68 from about 4PM till 10PM. Then it goes down to 66 for the rest of the night and it back to 68 from 5-8am, then it drops to 66 till we get home from work. Enjoy your hair appointment!

Laurie, good job for making it through that workout when you were feeling tired out of the gate! Great job! I think the first time I started the STS program I was trying to go up in the weights and that is how I hurt myself. Too much too soon. Then last year when we started some STS rotation I hurt myself but I think that is when I was doing the personal training thing so probably too much. This time I didn't hurt myself with STS but with the last workout of the anti-gravity rotation which is that RWH Plyo I workout. The burpees did me in. Hopefully next year I'll be able to try one of the STS rotations. I won't be doing that plyo workout any time soon.
    When you have curly hair you really need a stylist who is used to working with curly hair. Sometimes you have to pay more for the right stylist but it's worth it.

Tami, great workouts!!! OMG! I can't believe that guy went off on Katy like that! What a baby! Did you find out what Katy's reaction/response was?
    How awesome that you have tomorrow off! I think the last time I had that day off I was still in school! LOL. Enjoy your day off!
    You remembered I hurt myself last time we started another STS rotation! Another reason to stay at the hotel is because of the intoxicated people who might be on the road late at night! If you're having fun you won't want to go home so you're better off staying.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout was Cardio Leg Blast in the evening. Rocket was entranced with my disc. He sat there looking at the disc move under my feet. Tilting his head, one just wonders what he was thinking. Probably thinking it was a moving toy. My legs where feeling the love this morning, so I did a lighter workout. I did 10 Min. Solutions Knockout workout, but only did 2 segments. So that was 20 min. of kickboxing, and it was perfect. I'm scheduled for one of the Plyo Hiit workouts after work. :s I'm taking a half day today, this is actually a holiday for us. I'm going to take it in two half days. Today and Friday.

Laurel, I had a supplier show up early yesterday, so started my post, but didn't finish it until 10. Good thing that I didn't time out. :D I really do love the information on the BB workouts. They really sound like solid workouts, and they are going on my wish list. They would be a great as my next rotation. Good idea keeping away from the step. I usually have to do step workouts that don't require much torquing. I have found that really doesn't help my knees at all. In fact the CLB workout last nigh, I skipped the tall box portion. Even with only the two risers on it. I'm sure that you had a very nice hair appointment.

Tami, That is the HiiT workout that I just might sub for the RWH Plyo! I would rather do one of my favorite HiiT workouts. ;) Since the one I will be doing on Friday is on the step, I just might sub that one instead. Oh yes what a jerk that guy is. I would think that is the point of going to a class like that, to get your butt kicked. Guess he isn't a person that doesn't like to fail. Enjoy your day off, I know that I'm going to have a great afternoon for a couple of days. My DH doesn't question me anymore, he just sees a package and says your workouts have arrived. Even though I have not told him that I have ordered them. Guess that is about all I order. :D

Thelma, Great job on the Great Glutes workout! Hope that your lower back is feeling fine this morning. I have my DVD's on a shelving unit. I have them arranged by instructor, so that I have easy access to them when I am in a funk as to what I want to try in the mornings. I did that this morning, since I was looking for something fun but not to intense. I can also stack them double tall, DH just put a thin board between them. That way when I pull one out of the bottom, the top one doesn't fall through. On the lower shelf is where I keep my lighter weights, discs, gloves and weighted balls. Sounds like at some point you will try STS again, but now you know what you probably should shy away from. Was it those one handed burpees that I'm going to try today? :p

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy Veteran's Day!! DH is out with his students right now participating in some community activities. Hopefully he will get home soon so we can go out and enjoy some of the things people are doing to honor him as a veteran! It is always nice when restaurants offer free meals on this day. Anyhow, I got a good workout in this morning. I started with BB Build Legs and took the weights back up a little bit. This is such a good leg workout! I decided to push the cardio a little more today so did Cross Fire Extreme. It felt good and the leg seems to be fine. We will see how it feels later once I have been seated for awhile. Here's hoping it doesn't tighten up too much!

Laurie, great workouts! Thanks for the suggestions for the knee. I shy away from anti-inflammatory medication but have some around the house if I need it. Definitely recommend Body Beast if you are looking for straight forward, no nonsense, heavy strength training. Sagi is Sagi, but I can tolerate him. I really like the length of these workouts too, and these are the longer ones. At the end of next week, I will start on the shorter/one body part workouts. Those look really good from what I have seen.

Thelma, good job with Great Glutes. Hopefully your back will loosen up a bit. I have a small corner entertainment center that my TV is on, and I keep most of my DVD's in that. But I also have another tall cabinet in my workout room where I keep more, DVDs, some workout clothes, some accessories, etc. My workout room is really a mess of stuff, but everything at least has a place. And I wouldn't freeze in your house at all! In areas where we needed heat, my thermostat never went above 65! And it got turned off at night!! Made for some cold mornings, but I like it cold when I sleep. I know.....how did I end up in Florida? I wonder that myself from time to time.

Tami, great workouts! That is too bad about a guy yelling at Katy. I suppose there is a thought that workouts should be fun and not 'punishment'. I know that people don't like Jillian Michaels because of how she goes about 'motivating' people. But if that guy doesn't like her style, it doesn't mean she should have to change it for him!! That is what I don't get about some people. Just because I may respond to something a certain way doesn't mean everybody else does, and I don't understand why some people others need to change for them. Hope Katy continues being herself, that's for sure.

Must run. DH is on his way home and I am still in workout clothes! See you tomorrow.

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Happy Veteran's Day!
    Hard Strikes tonight. I warmed up without the gloves. My lower back was better today. The issue is that my hamstrings are very tight and there is something incredibly tight deep in the left glute. Last night I assumed a fetal position and managed to massage that are in the glute that is tight. Tonight after my workout I took my new massage bar to the living room so DH could massage my hamstrings, IT bands and glutes. It was kind of funny because I made him dig really hard. He actually worked up a sweat! LOL. I can tell already that my hamstrings feel better but the glute is not there and it's driving me nuts. On the upper back front I feel that I'm doing very well. I used the 1 lb gloves for the workout. I wasn't punching as hard as I normally do but it was better than "pawing" as Cathe says.

Laurie, great workouts! Funny about Rocket being entranced with your disc! I hope you had a nice afternoon.
    I have to find some kind of shelving for my DVD's because I have them them two stacks deep and I can't see them all. I definitely don't have easy access to them.
    I am going to try STS at some point in time. My problem is that I need to learn how to strengthen my shoulder so that I can do proper burpees and even those Yoga pushups which is another thing I hurt my shoulders with when I as doing that yoga program. I'm a mess! The burpees on the RWH Plyo were not one handed I don't think. I wouldn't attempt that kind at all! Yikes!

Hi Laurel, I hope you and your husband were able to go out to celebrate him as a veteran and please thank him from us for his service. The news program I was watching tonight had played a little section of that song "I'm proud to be an American" and they showed all these military men in their uniforms and I just lost it. That is such a powerful song and then to see those men and women who risk their lives for all of us just made me feel very emotional.
    Great workouts today! I hope your knee felt fine post workout!
    I wish I could find a cabinet where I could store my DVD's. Something like the CD cabinets out there. In our basement where I workout there is an area built in like cabinet so it looks like a very deep/wide window sill. They must've built it that way to hide something behind the wall. So on that sill I have the TV, cable box, DVD player and my DVD stacks on one side. On the other side I have my discs, gloves, foam roller and a couple of other things. I need a better way to display my DVD's. It's disorganized now.
    I'm glad you wouldn't freeze in my house. I love cold nights too. I've only been to FL a couple of times. When DH and I met in 2002 we went to Disney. I'd never been there before and it was HOT. Then in 2003 I think it was we went around Thanksgiving and it was hotter than the previous time. The last time we were there was a few years ago when we went to the FL Keys, by then I had been diagnosed with Lupus and I knew that I was photo sensitive. Talk about wearing protective clothing and a big hat!

Tami, I hope you had a nice day off!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in the RWH Plyo HiiT One with Abs 2 yesterday. Sure was nice to be home early. I enjoyed my time, and I think the dogs liked having me home. This morning DH took off for Jacksonville, FL, and I got in KCM's 30MTF Total Body Kickboxing Cardio Workout. Should do that one more often. I have STS Total Body on tap for after work today, and it appears that it fell on the perfect day. Youngest has a event that she volunteered at, so that means I am going to be alone. The dogs are going to be super tired, so that should give me enough time to get that one done without having to stop at any point.

This morning I had received a manicure from my youngest, and she a really good job. They have a really nice facility at the school, and seem to be training these young ladies really well. Kind of strange to have my dd telling me that I had really nice nails. :)

Laurel, I'm glad to hear that your DH was able to celebrate his service to our country. Our office is full of veterans, and I know that they all where looking forward to events and of course the various places that offered them lunch. Thank him from all of us for that. I had heard that the Leg workout was really good, is there only the one? Looking forward to your review of all the body part ones. I think Sagi will not bother me too much, after all I love Tony and a lot of people can't stand him. ;) The appeal of these workouts being so short is a plus, it would be great to have them in my library. This last week of the anti-gravity rotation is really torture on the legs! I will be very very glad to get into the STS workouts, just to give the legs a break. :D

Thelma, Great job on the workout, and getting your DH to give you the much needed massage. Can you imagine how much energy a massage therapist puts out when they are doing that all day long! I would think that they would need a massage after giving massages all day long. I'm sure that you will be able to find a storage unit that will fit your space. I did have the DVD's like you, and had the same problem you are experiencing. The shelving unit really works great. Most of those burpees in the Plyo workout where all done the same on my end. I could never keep up with Cathe and crew if I actually did them just like they do. :D

Tami, Hope you day off was a good one!

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a really nice day off yesterday. I was able to get in a longer workout in the a.m. of course so I did STS Back/Bi's (Meso 2) and followed it with Insanity Max 30: Tabata Strength, which was a great combo. Between the two I felt like I had really worked, especially later in the day. I decided on getting some house cleaning done and then ran a few errands. However the stores were SO crowded!!!! I was surprised actually, so that wasn't quite as fun and relaxing as I had hoped but still nice. Met my girlfriend for an early dinner and caught up with her. So the day was productive and nice! This a.m. I opted for RWH Low Impact HiiT #1 & #2 (instead of X1- Hi/Lo), just sounded good to me & I really enjoy that combo. Tomorrow is AfterBurn which I always look forward to doing.

Laurel: Happy Veteran's Day to your hubby yesterday; I hope you were both able to go enjoy the day and have him be honored . . . Great job with the workouts and it sounds like your knee is doing well with whatever you put in front of it right now! That is awesome to hear. I am again very thrilled to hear another great review on Body Beast and to say a Leg workout is really good is always a bonus! Yes, that guy in Katy's class was actually there again!! I was so surprised to see him. Several of us who knew what had happened were all ready to pounce if he said a word. LOL I guess she was very professional in her response to him and said that it is her "style" of teaching and she is not trying to be offensive; every workout instructor has their own way and that is hers. She did tell me and a couple others she really wanted to come right back at him but didn't. Tuesday night she did tone it way down though. IT was stations; 4 minutes at each and then you rotate. Not nearly the cardio we normally do; more on proper form and strength and then some were cardio. A good workout but not the norm. She was also very positive and smiling a lot. I knew what she was up too. LOL

Laurie: I can just picture Rocket eye balling those discs; Bernie always stares at the stability ball, especially when I am doing wall squats. I am not sure what he sees there but one time he started growling! He never growls so it was hilarious. Awesome work with Cardio Leg Blast and getting in the Knockout workout! Hopefully you picked a Plyo workout that you enjoyed last night! LOL Yes, "Mr. McCranky" does need to not attend if he can't handle the format/style/etc. of the class in my opinion. He was next to me a couple times the other night and kept stopping for nearly the whole round of each minute. Katy didn't say a word though. She will continue to be herself, I think she just took it a little easier the other night.

Thelma: Glad to hear your back was feeling better and you are still getting in your workouts!! Awesome job there.
    Katy was very professional in her response. She did walk out with a few of us the other night and was saying she was very proud of herself! So she knows she wanted to fire back and didn't, I told her it was a good road to take but I am still angry at him. LOL She said she will get him with harder workouts in the future and just not say anything. :wink:

Hope you ladies have a great day! I will talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Thank you all for the Veteran's Day wishes for DH. We did get to enjoy the afternoon. We ended up shopping for new living room furniture, which isn't necessarily fun but something we need. So we have new furniture coming into the house tomorrow which will be in much better shape than the poor furniture we have been hauling around the world for several years now. Furniture is just not made to move like we did! After that, we enjoyed a nice dinner out at one of the restaurants offering free meals for veterans. So very nice day indeed.

My knee handled yesterday's workout just fine, which made me happy. So I started today's workout with BB Build Shoulders and Abs. For cardio, I did X10 Cardio Blast and then the Double HiiT and BC premix from Intensity. Still staying away from the step, but this combo had a lot of impact, and I felt really good. So maybe back to the step next week sometime.

Thelma, glad to hear your back is feeling better. Tight hamstrings and glutes will do it all the time. I have gotten really diligent about stretching after my workouts (sometimes I can get lazy with it), and even then I still think I would benefit from extra stretching. I just can't seem to convince myself to actually do it. Thanks for the kind wishes for my DH. He would still be serving in the Air Force of he could. I think days like yesterday make him miss it. I understand about the DVDs. Hopefully you can find a good cabinet to help you out. I have been through a variety of them over the years (again, a side affect of moving so much) and don't like when I can't find what I am looking for when searching for a workout. So frustrating.

Laurie, good workout! How fun to get a manicure from your DD. When I walked into my hair appointment the other day, my stylist was actually receiving a make-up lesson from her co-worker. I thought that would be so much fun! I hope your daughter continues to enjoy it. There are two leg workouts in Body Beast--one for the Build section and one for Bulk. If it tells you how much I like these workouts, I actually considered buying the optional 'Tempo' workouts that can be added to the program. Right now I can't justify the cost (two workouts cost almost as much as the entire program on Amazon), but that I even looked at them this morning speaks volumes for how I feel about Body Beast right now!

Tami, glad you enjoyed your day off. It was crazy busy here as well yesterday! I was stunned how busy the roads and shops were......almost busier than the average Saturday. I guess a lot of people had the day off. Sounds like you got some great workouts in and did one of my favorite Insanity Max 30 workouts. So good. Well, I guess it is okay that guy returned to the class. Kudos to Katy for keeping her cool. Sounds like she handled it absolutely perfectly. No doubt it was in her mind this week, but it sounds like she did a good job. I would have such a hard time keeping it all together if somebody came after me like that.......and then came back to the class!

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. DH and I had an appointment to go to and when we came back I was just dragging. My back is better and the massage last night was very effective in loosening things up.

Laurie, you got some terrific workouts in! Great job! How wonderful that now you'll have your personal manicurist right at home! I'm sure the dogs loved having you home yesterday afternoon.
    I really don't know how massage therapists do it. It is hard work. They must end up with carpal tunnel syndrome from all that repetitive motion. I have to find some kind of shelving unit for my DVD's. It's driving me nuts!

Tami, I'm glad you had such a nice day off. I used to love going to the malls but not anymore. It's torture! Thank God for online shopping even if I have to return things in the mail. Awesome workouts!
    I hope Katy goes back to being herself because right now it sounds like she's doing exactly what the guy demanded.

Laurel, I'm so happy to hear you and your husband were able to go out to celebrate him! Congrats on the new furniture, the awesome workouts and a happy knee!
    I spend a lot of time stretching and massaging after ever workout but clearly it wasn't enough.

Thelma