How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options
CM9178
CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
Many people ask about this and very few people know this is possible. YES you can track your Weight Watchers point in your MFP diary.

First off, you need to use the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you don't have it, download it for free - You won't be sorry.

Second - You will need to install a script into Firefox (like a plug-in) that will display the points in your food diary.
Here is the link: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949

It can be used for both the old and new points systems.
Here are more instructions about getting it setup: http://userscripts.org/about/installing

I've been using this since March and I absolutely LOVE it. It is like using the WW E tools except for free!!

Replies

• CM9178
    Options
    Since you already here why not track calories instead
    Some people, including myself like to see both Points and Calories consumed. This tool will allow you to easily do that, without paying for anything.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Since you already here why not track calories instead
    Some people, including myself like to see both Points and Calories consumed. This tool will allow you to easily do that, without paying for anything.

I understand that. I'm asking why
  • chaoskitty
    chaoskitty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome I now have the points catagory but it's blank, nothing is populating. :(
  • CM9178
    Options
    Awesome I now have the points catagory but it's blank, nothing is populating. :(
    You need to have specific metrics in a specific order for it to work properly. It needs to be:
    Calories - Carbs - Fat - Fiber - Protein.
    No other metrics showing in your diary and they must be in that order.
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chaoskitty
    Options
    I've done both calories and points and lately I've been only counting calories due to the cost of Weight Watchers. BUT everything has a point value and now that I added this app, I've noticed even though my calories are low the TYPES of food I'm eating are not as low in points.

This will for sure force me to add more low point foods to my meals... (veggies, fruit, etc....)

This is awesome!
  • kerryanne68
    kerryanne68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @ Cindy,Hey i installed the script as you said and have the same problem with no points showing?I see how you wrote that Cals-Carbs,etc must be in order but i dont have Fibre on mine?
  • kerryanne68
    kerryanne68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Found it!!Still getting used to this site :)
  • Carrieffa04
    Carrieffa04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Saving for later, thanks!
  • chaoskitty
    Options
    I noticed when editing the script that precisonWW was already set to false. The only thing I changed was pointsPlus to true.

var pointsPlus=true;
    var precisonWW=false;
  • CM9178
    Options
    Glad that it is working for both of you! I really like using it because as you said you can see if the types of foods you are eating are higher in points. It is funny, if you look at my diary from Monday and Tuesday - they were both pretty much the same points for each day - but on Monday I ate a lot more food!

Oh, and if you look at someone else's diary that is also using this, you will see their points as well! I noticed that it says it now works on Google Chrome too.
  • erica082e
    Options
    bump
  • meripng
    meripng Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for this!! I just did this and it is great!!
  • CM9178
    Options
    thank you so much for this!! I just did this and it is great!!
    You're welcome!
  • Carrieffa04
    Carrieffa04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me how to edit the scrip to points plus? I can't figure out how to get into it to edit
  • brengearhart
    brengearhart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ykckby1949
    ykckby1949 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Will this work on an ipad?
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    this is cool.. thanks! going to check this out at home later!