The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Also, this week's wildlife sighting was a racoon that waddled through the parking last night.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Big storms rolling through here. Expecting 14 inches of snow tonight. Got six last night. The skiing should be great. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I have 12 hrs to go...lol
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yuk, more bloody snow here but temperatures mean it's nasty in the valley. 0 to -2C then melting with highs of 8C by the afternoon again. Hubby & I want to go away for our 35th anni. but seems like every night all the major highways are under snow warning and travel alerts. It will be last minute plans for sure. At least maybe the hot springs 3 hours from us.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ew. Temps have been in the 70s all week here, but it's dropping now, and I heard it was supposed to snow today or tomorrow. Bleck!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have also seen a couple of stray cats at work, but I'm sadly finding they are not interesting in being petted. *sad panda*
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Night one of three almost over. Just got a good workout in. Started snowing, although I think we are expecting only about one inch. Hope everyone is having a good night and staying safe.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    They asked me if I'd pick up some extra hours covering a special event at the city art museum this week. It looks they're gonna have a regular contract here for about the next six week, and my boss thinks it's a good gig for me. I don't know yet what they're gonna do, but this place is pretty cool!
  • TK6299
    Options
    Good for you Jen. Sounds like a fun gig.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    That made me tired
  • TK6299
    Options
    Congrats @BodyByBex - More money, bonuses, and a 401k plus yearly raises and good benefits. Happy to hear about your success!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @BodyByBex - Congradulations on the job! Those are fantastic benefits.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @BodyByBex -sounds like a great opportunity, congrats!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Congrats Bex!
    Black ice meant cautious travel home tonight. Wet roads from snowmelt and sleetiness earlier today and temps of 0C. Yuk.
    Supposed to get up to 11C for the next couple days... heading away for the weekend Sun-Wed to celebrate our 35th anniversary at an Icelandic Horse farm by a hot spring. Planning a tour of an artisanal cidery too. It's supposed to rain the whole time, but whatevah!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @BodyByBex WOOHOO!!!!!!!! On everything!

It's currently snowing outside but not sticking to the roads. It's looks really pretty though. I'm not digging the fact that it's 33F out; I want 70s and 80s back. Of course it won't be too long before I start complaining that it's too hot/humid out :lol:
  • alleehill2
    alleehill2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow nightshifters. I am very excited to have been told about this group.
  • TK6299
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey, you found us.. welcome aboard! Everyone in the snow, plz be safe out there. Also... TGIF!
  • alleehill2
    alleehill2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes I did. Last night was anything but boring. Pretty sure I burned some calories here at work tonight. Now I'm ready for bed, but not going to happen for a few more hours. I have to take my daughter to the dr for and MRI for her migraines. Curious...what schedules are followed for working out? and eating? When you log here do you log from midnight or from YOUR am? Hope my questions make sense.