Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Then the resident's wife calls and proceeds to chew my *kitten* up one side and down the other. She and her master's degree didn't want to listen to my rational story and instead wanted to yell so loud that I could hear an echo from the room she was in. I'm not doing my job and she's gonna file complaint on me in the morning, yadda yadda yadda. Demanded that I send one of my "officer friends" over to explain why she doesn't have water.

Just bc you live in an effluent town doesn't mean you can treat the employees like *kitten*. You're no better than I am just because your house is bigger and you pay way more in property tax than I do. I too, have a college degree and have hundreds of con-ed hours just to maintain my certifications. I absolutely understand your frustration at not having water when you should. But I'm not the reason you don't have water. Pay your bill before it's due, not at the last possible second.

So... she's living in an affluent town with a master's degree... which makes her high and well educated and should be making a good living, right? Well, at least I would think so.

Yet, she couldn't pay her water bill. Heh.

Maybe she should move to a different part of town where she can pay her bills.

Recently a co-worker made a statement about not paying her mortgage. I'm sorry, but everyone here makes a decent wage, and if one can't pay their bills it's because they're either living above their means or have poor money management skills.

She made a statement to the effect of "they can wait until I have money can pay them. *kitten* them."

Sorry, that's not how it works.

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    That's not how any of this works lol
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    Then the resident's wife calls and proceeds to chew my *kitten* up one side and down the other. She and her master's degree didn't want to listen to my rational story and instead wanted to yell so loud that I could hear an echo from the room she was in. I'm not doing my job and she's gonna file complaint on me in the morning, yadda yadda yadda. Demanded that I send one of my "officer friends" over to explain why she doesn't have water.

Just bc you live in an effluent town doesn't mean you can treat the employees like *kitten*. You're no better than I am just because your house is bigger and you pay way more in property tax than I do. I too, have a college degree and have hundreds of con-ed hours just to maintain my certifications. I absolutely understand your frustration at not having water when you should. But I'm not the reason you don't have water. Pay your bill before it's due, not at the last possible second.

So... she's living in an affluent town with a master's degree... which makes her high and well educated and should be making a good living, right? Well, at least I would think so.

Yet, she couldn't pay her water bill. Heh.

Maybe she should move to a different part of town where she can pay her bills.

Recently a co-worker made a statement about not paying her mortgage. I'm sorry, but everyone here makes a decent wage, and if one can't pay their bills it's because they're either living above their means or have poor money management skills.

She made a statement to the effect of "they can wait until I have money can pay them. *kitten* them."

Sorry, that's not how it works.

Or they have poor time management skills... I almost always have money sitting around to pay my bills now and if I manage my time properly they are the first things I take care of. It fills the reward center of my brain and sends all sorts of good feels around and makes me feel accomplished.
    I read an article that said it has something to do with actually deciding to do it and then doing it, versus feeling like I 'have to do it' or 'I'm only doing it because I'm obligated'. Obviously, I don't HAVE to pay rent or the car payment or any of my other bills, but I like having a warm roof over my head and a mode of transportation at my beck and call. So I make the decision to pay those bills and when I do, I get the feel goods. :grin:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I feel accomplished when I pay my bills too. As soon as I get paid, I pay them the next morning or schedule them to go out then. Or else I'll forget lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I draw up a loose budget every month. If I don't get my bills paid pretty quickly after getting paid, I'll lose track and spend the money on something else.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    u2iv8pdgkiij.jpg
    Saw this on FB today.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    u2iv8pdgkiij.jpg
    Saw this on FB today.

That is HILARIOUS!!! :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It was nice having two days off. However, Now I'm back. Getting ready for the holidays and a 96 straight hour shift. Maybe I should have gone in to computers instead. Better money in the medical professions, but the hours can be hell.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Surprise! The next vet came in early so I'm going home. :smile: OK, actually I'm already home. I jumped on my bike and peddled out of there before she could change her mind. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I got 5.5 hours last night, I'm totally good!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm on the 2.5 train...zzzz
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I got three and then later another three. I'm good with six.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    One of these long term guys is in the lobby drinking talking to his buddy about how to cheat and trying to encourage him to cheat...then minutes later switched to talking to his wife on the phone...praising her cooking, talking to his kid. Disgusting.

It is snowing!!! That is awesome!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm uploading two videos tonight on YouTube...my fiance and I were under the influence and did The Husband Tag. Both vids are about 15 minutes long but they show more of who I really am...as opposed to my other vids. Don't feel obligated to watch...just lettin' you know if you are interested and want to kill time. I love to watch these kind of vids...usually pretty entertaining to see a more "real" version of YouTube people. They're looking like they are going to take a long time to upload tonight (35 minutes for one as of now) due to the snow making the internet even crappier than normal!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I got a good 5 hrs of sleep in and it's the weekend. Weekends are typically slow at my job making things a little easier. Next week is going to be fun though. I have 3 Thanksgiving gatherings I get to attend in less than a 24 hr period.

First one is a Thanksgiving potluck at work on Thursday at 1AM. 2nd Thanksgiving with some friends at Noon, Thursday. At 6-7pm is my last one with girlfriend and her family. This is the one I am most nervous about since I will be meeting her parents for the first time. I will likely be in a food zombie like coma state and fear passing out >_< Oh and still have to go to work too later that same night.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    On a semi-related note, holy spammage! I had to dig through a few pages to find this thread. Recent Topics is about 4 pages of 95% spam.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I slept from about 5:50am until about 12pm and then from about 2pm until 7pm. Then got up, made my lunch, did some lifting, made some protein pancakes, and came to work.

Also, SSP gave me the key to his house today.... He's going on vacation and he wants ME to watch his house while he's gone. He has other people available for this. But he asked ME. The 'CRAZY girl'....

There is no "hidden meaning", he just wants me to watch his house.

I think I'm telling MYSELF that more than your guys.... :sweat_smile:
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I got about 2 hours of sleep and just came in for another 12-hour shift of answering phones and dispatching police/fire/ems. It sounded good when I signed up for the overtime. Not so much now.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm soooo tired...but I suspect if I don't go to the gym in the morning, I won't be able to wind down enough to sleep well. I haven't been in at least a month...*hangs head*
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I can't even entertain the thought of going to the gym after work. I'm hoping the hubs will wait till 2 when I get up to go hike. That'll be the only exercise I'll get.

@lilaclovebird maybe he'll let you keep the key when he gets back!