Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Sooo...in the last half-hour, I've kicked out a drunk homeless guy with a leg brace who looked like he'd been in a bar fight AND had a serious case of Tourette's, and got asked out by a 20-yr-old guest.

Wow! You're off to a great start!

So far I've listened to our Venezuelan PSO make 5 mistakes in speaking English over the radio and confuse the heck out of the dispatcher to the point where I've had to call to clarify what he means.... He REALLY needs to work on his English. I know he speaks 4 languages but he only speaks 3 fluently.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Sooo...did ya accept?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I did not.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I did not.

Well, we love ya either way! :grin:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    The poor kid asked me how old I was and practically had a heart attack when I told him...but to his credit he still went through with asking me out. Gotta give him props for that, I guess!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I was asked my age tonight as well...which isn't a common question I hear. I wasn't offered a date though...

• Frankie_Felinius
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Doubler. Spotty internet tonight. Can't WAIT until we get new internet soon!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I was asked my age tonight as well...which isn't a common question I hear. I wasn't offered a date though...

Growing a beard for the month of November aka NoShavember. Bought beer the other afternoon at my local Trader Joes and did not get asked for ID! I always get asked if I am clean shaved or have light stubble but this is a first for me.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    My fiance actually just shaved his off...oddly enough. It was kinda wonky in places so he wanted a fresh start. He is very baby faced when shorn/stubbly too.

I get carded randomly. I...as in me...as in my face and skin...look my age but I think the hair throws 'em off sometimes and they think I'm obviously not young enough to be illegal but young enough for the under 35 rule thing...which I am...I'm 34...but it seems they ask they "younger" looking people...usually not me.

• BodyByBex
    Options
    I get carded every time. It doesn't bother me any but when I was 25 some guy said I looked like I was still in my teens. :blush:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I dislike it when someone thinks they can tell me what to do just because they are older than me.

Uhm..I'm not your subordinate and I will do my rounds when I see fit thank you!

In addition, I also have an emergency assistance phone test to do, education center classes to finish, food to log, and online schools to look at because I WILL be getting a degree and a raise and eventually I will become YOUR superior. Because I have more aspirations than just being a housewife! Your kids are grown b*tch! Get some REAL GOALS! Oh and if you ACTUALLY want to lose weight, stop waiting for your doctor to give you a 'magic thyroid pill' and do some calorie restriction!

/end rant
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I rarely get carded anymore. I used to get carded all the time but I am getting close to 30...

Then you must not be aging as well as @Frankie_Felinius :grin:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Nothing like nibbling on mini gobstoppers and expecting the fallout to be horrendous and have it be a measly 60 calories! :lol:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Yeah, right! I very much look my age under all this paint! Now @jennifer_417 over there getting asked out by mere babies...SHE is aging well. I smoked and tanned for YEARS and it is quite apparent...that is why my regimen now is so intense!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Not gonna lie, guys, I DO look a lot younger than I really am. I couldn't really tell you why, either. Genetics or something. It's not always as awesome as you would think, but I'm not complaining, either.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Not gonna lie, guys, I DO look a lot younger than I really am. I couldn't really tell you why, either. Genetics or something. It's not always as awesome as you would think, but I'm not complaining, either.

Well I hope I age like my dad. He's 63 and if not for his NOW grey hair he would look mid forties. :lol:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    Ok, here's my TMI moment:

Some of you will say duh, some of you may find it useful. I made lunch, brought squash which I cook in the toaster here. Slightly raw when I ate it, thought no big deal.

Turned out to be a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry painful experience. Very, with a capital VERY.

I actually did not know that could happen...
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    gonna be traveling (again) for most of this week - i've got an all-day overdub session here in Nashville tomorrow, then on my way back to Philly (again) for four days of sessions and a show on Saturday night, then headed back after stopping in to the Philly Guitar Show for a bit on Sunday.

what does all this mean, really? well...two things: truck stop food and Wawa meatballs.

I imagine i'll be back to my original 279 pounds when I get back next week. :)

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Oh, Wawa...how I miss you. We don't have Wawas here. :(
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    it's like that old hair-metal classic says...."you don't know what you got until it's gone."

there's nothing within 500 miles of here that even compares to Wawa. :)